Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *Project 2.4* • Dion’s endeavor • Six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Dion
A few more mods to the Sports Purpose 914 biggrin.gif
Picked up another Banjo trumpet horn for the passenger side.
Now my OCD can relax with it being balanced.
Dion
Made some brackets up and mounted to front panel for the Cibie Oscar+ .
Basically some Home Depot ties and welded some triangles underneath for more support and stability.
Dion
Cibie’s placed.
Dion
Was still a bit shakey at the top. I ordered some proper “Stay bars” and fabbed up simple brackets for them. Placed them in the seal trough of front trunk. Also some tar caulking around the brackets to divert any water away.
Dion
Fin! Wonder if I should paint the bars black. Any thoughts guys?
mepstein
A hockey puck horn button might give you a bit more visibility around the spokes. If you want to borrow one to try out, let me know.
Dion
Thanks Mark! Great looking wheel, always liked that style.
Dion
Painted the rod portion of stay bar with “plasti-dip black”. I think
it looks better like this.
Any excuse to post a pic smile.gif
Cheers all beerchug.gif
Nate W
Those lights are bad ass I like the black bars. Awesome build
peteinjp
Yeah- Love the Oscars! Looking great and well deserve results! Another way I have heard of de carbonizing an engine is to simply drip water in the intake while running. Haven't tried it but worth looking into if you never need to do it in the future. did you give another compression test after?

Pete
Dion
@peteinjp , Pete only did a leak down again shortly after the “treatment” and a bit of running about. Same results with other cylinders between 10-15%. #4 still sad. It was around 35%. Will do again at some point this summer , see if anything settled out with the rings or more crud burned off. So rebuild definitely in the future.
Cheers.
mepstein
If it’s still drivable with that leak down, keep driving it. No reason to tear it down during the driving season.
porschetub
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 12 2023, 02:23 AM) *

@peteinjp , Pete only did a leak down again shortly after the “treatment” and a bit of running about. Same results with other cylinders between 10-15%. #4 still sad. It was around 35%. Will do again at some point this summer , see if anything settled out with the rings or more crud burned off. So rebuild definitely in the future.
Cheers.

Hi mate,shit thats no good after all your work,have you taken it out for the classic "Italian
tune up "which maybe you have done? ,when you have done a carb tune up have you noticed poor vacuum on that cylinder ?.
Cheers.
Dion
Latest update to conversion.
Did Mark Henry’s Ford solenoid conversion.
Just a bit more peace of mind of having less juice go through the ignition switch.
Car is running well. Aside from too many pops on accelerator tip in.
Was discussing this with Dave. Might be a need for re jetting. Carbs were set up for Mike Fittons beautiful 2.7 six. Prolly a bit too much for my 2.4. Will investigate.
Solenoid pics:
Dion
Chillin at Toppin’s place this morning. “Smokey” looking good sporting new mini-lites. Sorry don’t have a better pic. Trust me the StoneGrau car looks awesome. smilie_pokal.gif Discussed LeMans, carburetors, etc. A great visit. So glad all his surgeries are done and dusted. He’s doing quite well.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Dion @ Jul 31 2023, 02:52 PM) *

A great visit. So glad all his surgeries are done and dusted. He’s doing quite well.

thumb3d.gif
mepstein
smilie_pokal.gif
OrangeBones
clap23.gif
TRS63
Beautiful as usual wub.gif

Antoine
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Dion @ Jul 31 2023, 02:46 PM) *

Latest update to conversion.
Did Mark Henry’s Ford solenoid conversion.
Just a bit more peace of mind of having less juice go through the ignition switch.
Car is running well. Aside from too many pops on accelerator tip in.
Was discussing this with Dave. Might be a need for re jetting. Carbs were set up for Mike Fittons beautiful 2.7 six. Prolly a bit too much for my 2.4. Will investigate.
Solenoid pics:
QUOTE(Dion @ Jul 31 2023, 02:52 PM) *

Chillin at Toppin’s place this morning. “Smokey” looking good sporting new mini-lites. Sorry don’t have a better pic. Trust me the StoneGrau car looks awesome. smilie_pokal.gif Discussed LeMans, carburetors, etc. A great visit. So glad all his surgeries are done and dusted. He’s doing quite well.

nicely done, i plan on doing this soon as well, just for that extra piece of mind, i have never had a non start on my current and original starter from the OEM motor, but i did with a new one, and tihnk the new solenoids are not good so i pulled the new one are returned it and put my orignal one back in and no issues, but it couldnt hurt right? supposed to help protect the ignition switch too. looks pretty simple .

oh and hi to dave good to hear he's doing well and hope to see him at Okteenerfest!!!!
tygaboy
Hey Dion - Great to see you out and about with your lovely car doing the most important thing: hanging with good buddies! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.