Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *Project 2.4* • Dion’s endeavor • Six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Dion
More finesse worked on this fender. He’s determined to get the crown of the fender top dead even with the contour of the door.
Many adjustments going on between adding metal and filler and working the door gaps.
Dion
Left door
Dion
Patience
Dion
Ordered the paint today. Base coat clear coat system from R-M.
Cairo94507
Great color. That is going to look sweet! beerchug.gif
Dion
@Cairo94507 Thank you Michael. Had a little going back and forth on colour but in the end decided to stick with the original.
Dion
Some rot discovered on the right door jamb catch plate area. It’s been remedied.
Dion
Poly and guide coat application
Dion
Passenger side
Dion
Changed paint brands. My painter likes R&M single stage, but he wasn’t impressed with how their metallic was laying down.
So we went with Glasurit. He had positive experience with this brand and their metallics.
Everything has been block sanded. I was tasked with doing all the door and frunk ,trunk edges. Saved me a few dollars. I’m helping where I can. Not sure there is a budget per se, but
I want to stay “happily” married :-)
Dion
First round of paint application.
Dion
Refinished door innards
9146C
That's looking great! Love the color!
tygaboy
DUDE! Your car is getting PAINTED!!!!
That is so awesome. Don't even try and pretend you're able to sleep, what with how excited you must be.

Can.
Not.
WAIT!

...to see this all done. It's gonna be a STUNNER! aktion035.gif pray.gif wub.gif
bbrock
I only let the monkeys out on special occasions. THIS is such an occasion! monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Love the color and that you chose to go with Glasurit paint. That is going to look amazing. Congratulations.
rgolia
even I am excited...how will you sleep. Let me know when the grand viewing is....can't wait.
Dion
You guys rock! aktion035.gif Thank you. Yeah, I’m stoked !
Dion
Hung the doors back on today and placed the new rear window in.
Getting It in the booth now for Urethane coating.
Dion
The booth! Meet the man behind the bodywork & paint. Ed’s been fantastic to work with.
Dion
After a few hours …. Ready for some sanding later this week.
Dion
Colour goes on next week piratenanner.gif
Dion
We have colour. Extremely pleased with the results. It’s been hard to photograph, the lighting in the shop is very harsh and then when finally outside it’s overcast. The colour looks to me 99% of what it might have been rolling out the factory. Much better hue than previous paint. Ed did a fantastic job. Now it’s time to reassemble and get the motor fired up. Been hard to find “free”!time lately. Prolly not get on the road till spring. See how it goes. Anyway enjoy the pics.
Dion
Shop lights
Dion
Outside overcast.
Dion
Home , just off the flatbed.
Dion
Some parts going on.
Dion
Bright evening sun.
Dion
Close up of metallic. More to come. Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers!
tygaboy
HOOOOOOOOOLY-MOOOOOOOLEY!
That is )*^#$%_$ Beaut-E-FULL!

You have to be over the moon.

Dude. Wow. first.gif
bbrock
That is dead sexy!!! So great to see! cheer.gif
Dion
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 23 2021, 04:48 PM) *

HOOOOOOOOOLY-MOOOOOOOLEY!
That is )*^#$%_$ Beaut-E-FULL!

You have to be over the moon.

Dude. Wow. first.gif

@Tygaboy . You know it. beerchug.gif Thanks Chris.
Dion
@bbrock . Thanks Brent. Appreciate the compliment.
You set the high standards around here! smile.gif
raynekat
Looks incredible.
Can you share the name of Ed's shop and where he's located?
Others might likely wish to use his services one day.
Love that Marathon blue.
Dion
@raynekat Thanks Doug. Appreciate it. Good idea, Ed Butler is his name. Works out of Morgado’s Auto body in Lansdale,PA. 356 are his usual customers. I was the first 914 he worked on. Found the car interesting. laugh.gif
rgalla9146

YES !!!!!
Beautiful !!!!!
Great color. All your hard work is paying off.
Congrats Dion !
Cairo94507
Let the fun begin. Your car looks great. You will be driving before you know it. beerchug.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 23 2021, 10:42 PM) *

I was the first 914 he worked on. Found the car interesting. laugh.gif

I guess he was just being polite biggrin.gif

That's really beautiful. Way to go, Dion!!
autopro
The paint looks awesome, what a great color.
9146C
Your car looks amazing!
Dion
Some more parts finding their way back on board. Rechromed rear bumper courtesy
@ValcoOscar mounted.
Dion
Fogs & horn:
Dion
& the front rechromed bumper. Turn signals and rubber boots to come. Slowly coming back.
tygaboy
Speechless here... Well, other than to say "I'm speechless."

Dion - you've hit it out of the park. Just beautiful.
ndfrigi
Almost there Dion! Congrats and nice work! And with that air horn, it will surely makes anyone blocking infront of you will immediately move away!
TonyA
Wow Dion that looks great. I may drive over there tomorrow just to see it.
Dion
Kudos Chris @Tygaboy . Noel @ndfrigi working on finding the other horn that compliments this one. Different Hz. Trying to be like a GT in sound laugh.gif if I can’t match the performance!
@TonyA I’m home tomorrow. Feel free to swing by anytime.
Cheers
djway
Those clear fog light covers probably add 2mph top end from better aero smile.gif
TRS63
Fantastic wub.gif

Antoine
ValcoOscar
What a stunner....

Work well done.

beerchug.gif

Oscar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.