Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Mueller
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 21 2019, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 20 2019, 12:09 AM) *

My old air drying desiccant system failed (I failed to replace the stuff inside in a timely manner)

So I am soldering up 50 feet of 3/4 copper tubing.
Once that is done I'll be running a line to the front of the 2 car garage for a 50 foot hose reel.

Click to view attachment

They should have a drain cock at the bottom of each loop. idea.gif

Nope....going to be mounted 90° of what is normally done.
The fatter looking tube will be 2", the idea is that the pressure drop will help remove some water particles also ( it works in many machine shops that don't want to invest in real chillers)
Red, ball valves
Blue, drier/filters

There will be additional filter/regulators at the mill and other air drop offs.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Nothing but I got some work done on my Yamaha also. Just cleaning it up after it's adventure. It's 95 and I just sweat working out in the garage. Need to put in the A/C. So the bike is inside.

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 21 2019, 12:11 PM) *

They should have a drain cock at the bottom of each loop. idea.gif

IPB Image

Heh Heh Heh... he said "cock"....
TravisNeff
I jacked up the car and the suspension seemed to fall out screwy.gif
Mueller
Pipes all soldered up for the dryer. I planned on running this 3/4 inch RapidAir Maxline from outlet of air filter after the dryer. Not going to happen. Took me over 5 minutes just to straighten out that little portion.

Time to say f it and go back in the house.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Working on straightening out the airline.

Had some DOM tubing and the vise, had to buy the $20 hitch step.
I need one piece at 20 feet then a 90° for a 25 foot run to a junction.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Video
Video of tube straightening
euro911
Mike,

I'd like to run an air hose or piping from the 33 gallon compressor in my garage to the front of my house (approximately 60 feet or so). I just want it for blowing debris off of the driveway and to fill vehicle tires.

What would you recommend? ... would 1/2" or 3/4" GRS pipe be appropriate?

I have air-chuck fitting with a 'T' and a drain valve at the bottom (approx 10" below the 'T') that I could install at the end of the run ... I don't think I'd need an elaborate dryer assembly.
Mueller
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 29 2019, 11:49 PM) *

Mike,

I'd like to run an air hose or piping from the 33 gallon compressor in my garage to the front of my house (approximately 60 feet or so). I just want it for blowing debris off of the driveway and to fill vehicle tires.

What would you recommend? ... would 1/2" or 3/4" GRS pipe be appropriate?

I have air-chuck fitting with a 'T' and a drain valve at the bottom (approx 10" below the 'T') that I could install at the end of the run ... I don't think I'd need an elaborate dryer assembly.

I think 1/2 inch would have been fine and would be cheaper for extra fittings. I got a killer deal on the 3/4, damaged box, no parts missing.

Tygaboy has the 1/2 inch for his shop and feels it it perfect.
Mueller
No work on the car or even at my real job for a bit.

At Hard Rock Cancun with the family.

Click to view attachment
euro911
I was coerced into going camping up near Big Bear Lake for several days for the annual Amateur Radio Field Day event on Saturday/Sunday.

Felt good to get out of the urban setting for a little while, as I missed attending a lot of other different events from 2017 ~ 2019

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Finished a Vegas themed room at my house for a house guest.

Yup..extended stay!!!

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

sb914
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Nice surf pick I learned to surf at seal beach" hey you on the green board get away from the rocks"
sb914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jun 27 2019, 07:35 AM) *

Nice surf pick I learned to surf at seal beach" hey you on the green board get away from the rocks"

I must know you? Been here 35 years
Tdskip
My excuse for today is that I am picking up the newly rebuilt engine for my 2002 Tii project.
euro911
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 27 2019, 07:38 AM) *
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jun 27 2019, 07:35 AM) *
I must know you? Been here 35 years
I haven't surfed since my suit and ET 5'8" were stolen when I lived in Hermosa ... over 40 years ago dry.gif

God, I'm getting old laugh.gif
Larmo63
I'm driving mine. I can't work on it whilst driving. driving.gif
914 Ranch
I'm working on Big Blue today. Had the boat in the shop. When I went to go get it, as soon as I hooked the trailer up Big Blue blew her brakes right in the middle of the driveway. She left big puddles in thier driveway. Had to have her towed home. The leak is in the main frame behind the fuel tank. Have to remove the tank to get at it. So today I moved 25 gallons of diesel so I can drop the tank. Then I will be able to see what is going on.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I spent the morning cleaning the garage. So I will be back after it tomorrow morning working to getting the 4.0 running.

Bleyseng
After a hard day of driving in rush hour yesterday, today is a day of rest for the 914.
r_towle
I started thinking about working on the 914, does that count?
forrestkhaag
I flew in from Seattle to Scottsdale small airport to have a black (Uber Black that is...) driver drop me off just to start it up. WTF! from 72 to 111 degrees F. and the damned thing fired up immediately! Now I have to drive it! and I will....

sidebar: I have a battery cut off switch that I use and I blow out the fuel from the Webers throats prior to leaving "the oven"///////// That is what I did.....
DRPHIL914
I didn’t work on the 914 because I drove it TO work then home but what kept me from working on it other than it doesn’t need anything? 8 hour of power washing the house!
I would like to hook up the CHT gauge before Okteenerfest, but priority is house projects -250 ft of railings , 1000sqrft of deck and 500+ spindles to clean- I am getting too old for this! Blew out the power washer hose, but back of house is done, tomorrow is on to the front and then tackle replacing all soft lines on the 2000 528i.

Once all that is done I can sit down and enjoy reading my Panorama mag
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2019, 12:18 PM) *
Leveled the sub-floor in the "sun" room, which used to be a kitchen with really ugly linoleum tiles and started laying down 2" strips of red oak hardwood to match the rest of the house.
This will probably keep me busy for a few weekends.

Still working on those damn hardwood floors. Had to replace some of the sub-floor because it had termites in it at some point it the past.

Just couldn't get myself to patch over it, had to replace the whole thing ...
smash.gif
76-914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 29 2019, 08:17 PM) *

I flew in from Seattle to Scottsdale small airport to have a black (Uber Black that is...) driver drop me off just to start it up. WTF! from 72 to 111 degrees F. and the damned thing fired up immediately! Now I have to drive it! and I will....

Uh, I'm going to need an interpreter here! huh.gif
falcor75
Up 5 am, left home at 6 am, driving around 800 km south to Celle in Germany. Tomorrow we head on to Stuttgart via Nürnberg. 36 C when we arrived today, too bloody hot for this viking....
Mueller
Yesterday, replaced our leaking 50 gallon water heater with a Takagi tankless heater.

Today, had to take pull the dishwasher in the kitchen and take it apart to clean and repair that.

Both working so time to clean up and get ready for a bike ride, haven't ridden my bike in almost 2 weeks, either too hot, on vacation or sick.

Click to view attachment
euro911
I hear ya, Mike ... our dishwasher recently developed a leak that I need to address. I fixed it years ago, guess it needs new seals again. At least it's the portable/roll-around type, so it's not as bad as a built-in.
914forme
Easy

Cleaned out the basement at my parents old house

Went to Mom's new apartment installed a closet rod, a shower caddy, and a bed skirt.

Went to my daughters house looked at flooring

Came home went to the shop, tested an A/C unit I think I will install it. And then took apart the mower to find a mouses nest under the cooling tin on the engine. And started doing the tune up, and clean up of the engine. Need to replace fuel hoses, add a Tach / Hour Meter, and oil drain line support. Things I do to all my small engines now.
Beach914
I hit golf balls
tygaboy
In Oregon on a 400 mile, 30,000 feet of climbing week-long tandem bicycle ride with my wife!
76-914
Gears is gears. From this:

Click to view attachment

To this: awaiting a 26 centcirclip for final assm.

Click to view attachment

For this:

Click to view attachment
euro911
I have the Smithy 1220 3-in-1 model - cool machine

https://smithy.com/Smithy-Combo-Lathe-Mill-Midas
falcor75
Didnt do anything today, zip, zero zilch !

But tomorrow....

IPB Image

I'm doing this ! piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 1 2019, 12:15 PM) *

I have the Smithy 1220 3-in-1 model - cool machine

https://smithy.com/Smithy-Combo-Lathe-Mill-Midas

Same here. The mill head is removed in that Pic. It's a 1220 LTD.
oldschool
I have a project i'll be working on soon.
Has anyone ever built a heating system for there pool? (above ground)
I need tips.
914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 3 2019, 09:59 AM) *

I need tips.

They sell kits hombre! Ya can go passive or active with a active portable LP fired kit.

Or....the special homeboy kit with a black rubber hose coiled on the roof of your house with an aquarium pump and a beer can float.

Let know compadre.

I didn't work on mine either cause I am looking for another teener since I sold my other.

euro911
I need tips.
Jaime, I sent you some info to your FB message box

Solar Water Panels (5) in Azusa ... $30. each
raynekat
My dog ate it?
Er....I guess that was my homework when I was 10.
oldschool
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 3 2019, 01:18 PM) *

I need tips.
Jaime, I sent you some info to your FB message box

Solar Water Panels (5) in Azusa ... $30. each

beerchug.gif thanks
DRPHIL914
i drove it one day but didn't DO anything to it because we've been finishing home projects and landscaping to prep the house for listing/sale - AND
had to replace brake lines for the E39 528i (280k miles and going!) before my daughter takes it to grad school in fall, - original lines were sorely in need of replacement, AND new front brake rotors and a leaking power steering line on the wife's '04 Jag. Now with those projects and jobs done I might actually get to finish the install of the CHT gauge on the 914 and post on that other thread-what I DID do lol!
tygaboy
I built a surround for our outdoor fire place.
Bees had moved in and the geniuses who installed the insert stucco'd over the flange. The only way to get it out to remove and relocate the hive was to destroy the front. So a removable cover it is!
euro911
It's BEE-UTIFUL ... rolleyes.gif
KSCarrera
Viral conjunctivitis on the back of gastric flu... Guess I pushed myself a little too hard on my European trip. icon8.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
My on again/off again relationship with a pinched sciatic nerve made itself evident this morning dry.gif

Some stretching, rolling and a Norco helped relieve some of the pain, so I wandered outside mid-day, removed all 4-wheels from the '66 912, wire-brushed and painted the lug nuts, filled the tires with fresh air and reinstalled them ... all in anticipation of moving the car off of the mid-rise lift in the driveway and rolling it on the new concrete pad in front of the garage later in the week biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Then, we had to take one of our pups for a vet appointment in the late afternoon ... she started coughing & hacking and looking a little run down during the w/e. We'll start her on an antibiotic regimen later this evening, so she can return to her normal self soon dog.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 8 2019, 10:20 PM) *

My on again/off again relationship with a pinched sciatic nerve made itself evident this morning dry.gif

Some stretching, rolling and a Norco helped relieve some of the pain, so I wandered outside mid-day, removed all 4-wheels from the '66 912, wire-brushed and painted the lug nuts, filled the tires with fresh air and reinstalled them ... all in anticipation of moving the car off of the mid-rise lift in the driveway and rolling it on the new concrete pad in front of the garage later in the week biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Then, we had to take one of our pups for a vet appointment in the late afternoon ... she started coughing & hacking and looking a little run down during the w/e. We'll start her on an antibiotic regimen later this evening, so she can return to her normal self soon dog.gif

I could find room in my garage for that car. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I was busy watching this documentary on Jack Brabham. Awesome man, awesome driver. Some Porsche content too.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/07/21/en...ree/?refer=news
tygaboy
I'm making a piece of yard art for Michael @Cairo94507
76-914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jul 8 2019, 06:38 AM) *

I built a surround for our outdoor fire place.
Bees had moved in and the geniuses who installed the insert stucco'd over the flange. The only way to get it out to remove and relocate the hive was to destroy the front. So a removable cover it is!

Thx for taking the time and effort to relocate vs destroy the hive. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Man, that is cool cool cool. My wife is going to love that in our patio. Thanks Chris. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.