Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
ClayPerrine
Doing yearly trailer maintenance before the trip to Okteenerfest.

And it is 109 degrees outside. biggrin.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 20 2023, 01:50 PM) *

Doing yearly trailer maintenance before the trip to Okteenerfest.

And it is 109 degrees outside. biggrin.gif

It's breezy and damp here. Always wondered what all the hubbub was about.

To quote Forrest Gump:

"We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath."
Shivers
Click to view attachment

I drove through worst, but couldn’t drive and shoot. It has been
84 years since we’ve had a storm like that. Which means I’ve
never seen a storm like that.
Jett
Got some art for the garage framed…

Shivers
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 6 2023, 05:57 PM) *

In Maui to relax for a week; ran into Tom who I see at various events with his beautiful Bumblebee. I was in a nice little burger bar on the ocean and he walked in. Small world! P.S. I am the short guy.

Hope you got sunburnt
burton73
QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 27 2023, 02:59 PM) *

If you take Paxlovid for your covid there is a tip I got just after I finished my run. The reason I say this is because the Paxlovid gives you the worst taste in your mounts and nothing seemed to get rid if it but my brother in Law was told and swears it to be true that if you eat Black Berries the bad (the worst taste in the world) taste goes away.

True,

Bob B
Shivers
Thanks. My wife is in a nursing facility right now…With covid too. So going commando on this here. I called my doctor, but they offered nothing. It’s not so bad, it is the worst flu I’ve ever had. But I have COPD and it has stayed out of my lungs. So bring it on covid rolleyes.gif

@burton73
914_teener
First time I took the tops off the Bronc. Reminded me of my teener...checked out the seals and a very similar design except they have a drainage channel....pretty light an I'm glad we got the MIC top instead of the soft top.

Click to view attachment
Jett
Added some new pics to the garage wall
Shivers
Click to view attachment

Helped a friend with fenders and sliders. Rear gets armor then the rear flares. I haven’t haven’t hurt this bad in years. lol
Root_Werks
Pulled the Berg 5spd back out of my Bug for gear swap. I'm not happy with 3-4-5, 3-4 too close together. Since it's out, better spaced 3-4 with slightly taller 5th.

Root_Werks
For those who know Bugs, engine pulls are usually pretty quick. FI engines take a little longer except Mexi FI Engines. One harness unplug, heater box cables, throttle and out you go!

StratPlayer
Put it away for the winter today, sad.gif
sb914
Click to view attachment work work work
DRPHIL914
Nuclear stress test today mad.gif

been laying low, avoiding any major stress and physical activity.

As many know maybe many don’t. 4 years ago i had an ischemic heart event- due to a spasms in the LAD, heart stopped luckily i made it to a friends clinic right before that, and due to the fast action of his staff i am still hear- been great, running working out etc but recently while up in Chattanooga TN for Luftgekuhlt and the motoring festival i began to experience chest pain on exertion- not good that's brand new , so here i am, hope to find out if that same congenital weakness in my LAD is the issue or not.
learned my lesson before the hard way, don’t ignore chest pain! especially if it’s related to exercise or exertion.
so not making excuses but i’’be not had time to do anything 914 related , also to complicate even more might be moving - that’s a story for another post.
now off i go to hit the tread mill and see what we can see!
bye1.gif
Cairo94507
Prayers going your way. sad.gif
Jett
Best of luck Phil!
burton73
I am feeling you brother, stay strong.

Best Bob B
Geezer914
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Eddie914
Best Wishes! Heal fast!

I agree ... seek medical attention ASAP!

Early detection prolonged my life! I mostly dodged a medical bullet a few years ago ... got winged, but made it though.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 4 2023, 09:34 AM) *

Prayers going your way. sad.gif
QUOTE(Jett @ Dec 4 2023, 10:26 AM) *

Best of luck Phil!
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Dec 4 2023, 05:41 PM) *

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Dec 4 2023, 05:56 PM) *

Best Wishes! Heal fast!

I agree ... seek medical attention ASAP!

Early detection prolonged my life! I mostly dodged a medical bullet a few years ago ... got winged, but made it though.

thanks guys!! i made it through the test , exertional chest pain started just at the end, BP was perfect so was EKG but the scan picked up something with my stent, possibly the cause of the tightness after 5-10 minutes of exercises, so they want me in to get the full report and he doesnt want me to wait for a week,!

trying to prevent what happened to me 4 years ago, when it came out of nowhere and dropped me. i am not a cat i dont have 9 lives and i already used my free pass,(heart stopped, AED and CPR and a emergency ER cath brought me back) - at that time they said congenital small vessel with a spam closed it but no heart disease or plaque at that time, so we'll see , i get the news in a couple days.
Shivers
I hope it is good news Phil. @DRPHIL914
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 5 2023, 09:03 AM) *

Well, update , test showed probable narrowing only one location, so that’s good, so cardiac cath surgery scheduled for the 18th,
Front yard mechanic
We’ll be thinking of you on the 18th Phil and the good news is I fired up my newly rebuilt 2.7 in the 911 cheer.gif
Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 9 2023, 04:29 PM) *

Well, update , test showed probable narrowing only one location, so that’s good, so cardiac cath surgery scheduled for the 18th,

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear the good news!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Dec 9 2023, 07:41 PM) *

We’ll be thinking of you on the 18th Phil and the good news is I fired up my newly rebuilt 2.7 in the 911 cheer.gif

thats awesome!!! post a video , would like to hear that roar!

Phil
AZBanks
Praying for you Phil.

This is my excuse for the past couple months.

Click to view attachment

When this is back on the road, I can dig into the 914 and see why it is spraying oil in a line up the rear window and down the decklid.
914_teener
Rode the new horse in the dirt....washed it.

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 14 2023, 05:23 PM) *

Nice! Wife had a 2dr on order for something like 20 months. She finally gave up and bought a Sport with the BL package. Better car for her anyway.
anderssj
Changed the oil and filter on our Volvo 240. Found a few other things that need fixing: boots on tie rod ends are starting to crack a little, steering rack is damp/seeping, front shifter bushing is half-gone, and torque rod bushings are shot. Getting decent parts is becoming an issue. Rebuilt racks are non-existent; Volvo bushings have been discontinued. Even Lemforder tie rod ends are iffy (made in Malaysia).

Oh, and the powers that be decided to close down the local Coast Guard base’s auto and wood hobby shops. Crap. dry.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 15 2023, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 14 2023, 05:23 PM) *

Nice! Wife had a 2dr on order for something like 20 months. She finally gave up and bought a Sport with the BL package. Better car for her anyway.

Almost did the same. We gave up on it after 20 months but in February of this year, we suddenly got a build date. We almost got a Sport but drove a Maverick and loved it so much...we bought it in the mean time. Don't regret waiting for the 2 door full size...it's nimble and as smooth as can be on and off road.
DRPHIL914

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Dec 9 2023, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Dec 9 2023, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 9 2023, 04:29 PM) *

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear the good news!
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Dec 12 2023, 04:25 PM) *

Praying for you Phil.

This is my excuse for the past couple months.

Click to view attachment

When this is back on the road, I can dig into the 914 and see why it is spraying oil in a line up the rear window and down the decklid.

Update:
had my cardiac cath procedure yesterday, been resting up but finally got a chance to get on and post an update! good news is they found what was causing my issue and after much discussion on how to proceed the were able to place stents and avoid an open heart bypass procedure! unfortunately i had 2 not one, blink.gif anyway, wirh that clear and open i feel better than i have in a long time! the doc says i got luck up in tennessee when i first felt “off” and tires, before the chest pain incident, sucker was 90% reduced!
Much thanks for the prayers and well wishes!!

on another positive note the 914 was accepted to The Amelia saturday Cars and Community! so next show to get ready for is March Werks and Amelia Concourse.

Phil

Jett
That is good news!
Shivers
@DRPHIL914

That’s wonderful. smile.gif We should all learn a lesson from this.
Front yard mechanic
Great first.gif hope you have a good relaxing Christmas
sb914
Great news !
Cairo94507
I am going crazy waiting to start on the next evolution of my car. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks that will start. I was delayed by getting whatever the heck is going around that manifested as a bad cough and congestion and took about 5 weeks to go away. dry.gif

I also had to do brakes on my wife's Macan; thanks to Greg T. for allowing me to do it at his place- he did the work. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
930cabman
Flew out several states to visit family for 5 days, itchin tom get back into the car shop.

A /6 project is calling
Superhawk996
Fixing blown diff and trashed driveline on R/C car.

The great thing about R/C cars is this will cost me $15. On a 914 it would be more like $500 - $1.5k cause’ I’d surely need to upgrade to an LSD while I’m in there happy11.gif

Broke teeth off ring rear
Click to view attachment

U-joint yoke is trashed
Click to view attachment

6S batteries and instant max torque on rapid reversal between forward and reverse taking its toll.
930cabman
Must be a bit of torque there
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 30 2023, 04:29 PM) *

The great thing about R/C cars is this will cost me $15. On a 914 it would be more like $500 - $1.5k cause’ I’d surely need to upgrade to an LSD while I’m in there happy11.gif

Click to view attachment

U-joint yoke is trashed
Click to view attachment

6S batteries and instant max torque on rapid reversal between forward and reverse taking its toll.

Did you forget to put oil in it poke.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 30 2023, 03:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

U-joint yoke is trashed
Click to view attachment

Had no idea you were into RC cars smile.gif… We have an MT10 with lots of upgraded parts, diff oil, and an array of small tools. …only 3S but vey fast.

Thinking about getting the new XMAXX ultimate…
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Dec 31 2023, 09:10 AM) *

Did you forget to put oil in it poke.gif

Touché beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
Shivers
My wife fell and broke her hip, no work for a bit. Silver lining was I got to see this.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Spoke
This weekend was engine/transmission drop in the 930. 170k miles on the engine and time to rebuild, restore, reseal. New clutch/pp/TOB. Refurbish/replace turbo. Brake calipers to PMB for restore. Engine/Trans will be sent to Mark Epstein's shop for teardown/repair/reseal. Let the fun begin.
burton73
Working on running air lines to my mill and built a shroud for it to suck out the plastic sheards.
I have a big cyclone dust collector with 4 inch lines that will do the job. I bought auto lift and auto feed for my mill and staying busy getting ready for the next big art show in Beverly Hills for my Lucite color blends pieces.

I found a big box of custom plastic work I did between 1976 and 1994. Put up my Dick Butkus hand plaque that I made for him to sell in 1993 and my PORSCHE stained glass that friend Joe made for me. This is my life at 71

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 3 2024, 04:14 PM) *

Working on running air lines to my mill and built a shroud for it to suck out the plastic sheards.
I have a big cyclone dust collector with 4 inch lines that will do the job. I bought auto lift and auto feed for my mill and staying busy getting ready for the next big art show in Beverly Hills for my Lucite color blends pieces.

I found a big box of custom plastic work I did between 1976 and 1994. Put up my Dick Butkus hand plaque that I made for him to sell in 1993 and my PORSCHE stained glass that friend Joe made for me. This is my life at 71

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Nice shop.
Jett
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 3 2024, 04:14 PM) *

Best Bob B

Looks like a good life!
AZBanks
Great News Phil!

I didn't work on the 914 because this:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.