Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
tygaboy
Got the E9 back from it's motor/trans updates! Tossed on the new wheel/tire package and man, is this thing cool. Drives really well, looks great. Still to come is the euro bumper conversion but I couldn't be happier at this point!
(Would you be disappointed if I drove this to WCR instead of my 914? happy11.gif )
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 06:20 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

And here is the final product.

Finally was able to confirm that my set of rare early '82 ceramic ram for the c64 is indeed functional.
cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

euro911
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 4 2022, 02:40 PM) *
Got the E9 back from it's motor/trans updates! Tossed on the new wheel/tire package and man, is this thing cool. Drives really well, looks great. Still to come is the euro bumper conversion but I couldn't be happier at this point!
(Would you be disappointed if I drove this to WCR instead of my 914? happy11.gif )

IPB Image

drooley.gif

I wouldn't have any heartburn if you did. It's always nice to see something different rather than a bunch of the same cars ... especially something you don't get to see too often.

I miss my old 530i. It looked much better when I kept up on it rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

euro911
More cleaning up and applying rust preventive measures on the 912's parts prior to having them blasted & coated - whenever that happens popcorn[1].gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Degreased the window lift channels ...

Click to view attachment

...and primed them

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Will hit them with low or semi-gloss when the primer cures shades.gif
Steve
Click to view attachment
Got Covid. What a bummer..
Shivers
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 8 2022, 07:04 AM) *

Serious bummer, get better soon.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 8 2022, 07:08 AM) *

Serious bummer, get better soon.

agree.gif
ConeDodger
I turned the key and drove it. Starbucks Wednesday run…
Cairo94507
@Steve My 84-year-old neighbor got it about 10 days ago, fully vaccinated and boosted. He did not feel well and said it was a tough week; he isolated from his wife and son in their downstairs apartment. Yesterday he tested negative and feels a whole lot better saying he now just feels like he has a very mild head cold. Rest and fluids my friend. Get well soon. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar

Click to view attachment

Total BUMMER!!!! sad.gif

Rest up.... gint2.gif

Oscar
Steve
Thanks everyone!! I’m vaccinated, but not boosted, so hopefully it will be a quick recovery. As they say, if it’s not one thing it’s another.
sb914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 4 2022, 02:40 PM) *

Yes ! chair.gif poke.gif everyone wants to see 914 running or not …
fixer34
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2022, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 06:20 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

And here is the final product.

Finally was able to confirm that my set of rare early '82 ceramic ram for the c64 is indeed functional.
cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

64k x 1 , haven't seen those in a while....
fixer34
Working too much, but a happier note, on a business trip to Central Texas. Less than an hour from Mark @914Sixer in San Angelo.
Met for dinner last night and saw his parts depot/shop with two work-in-progress 914's.
euro911
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 8 2022, 08:15 AM) *
Thanks everyone!! I’m vaccinated, but not boosted, so hopefully it will be a quick recovery. As they say, if it’s not one thing it’s another.

Admin removal.

Please refer to the pinned thread in the sandbox.
jcd914
Just went through this a few weeks ago, both my wife and I.
Thankfully we are both vaccinated and boosted.
She was out sick for solid 2 weeks, low grade fever, congestion, headaches, complete lack of energy.
It took most of a week for me to get through it with milder symptoms than my wife had but not something I would want to go though again.

Jim
euro911
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 8 2022, 09:37 PM) *

Admin removal.

HUH ??? Which 'admin' doesn't have a sense of humor? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 10 2022, 10:57 PM) *

Admin removal.

Let me guess, you just had to make this political in the name of "humor" and you can't imagine why an admin would edit your comment?

Amiright?
rolleyes.gif
tygaboy
Too busy driving this thing all the time!
Jett
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 11 2022, 06:23 AM) *

Too busy driving this thing all the time!

That is a stunning car!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 11 2022, 12:57 AM) *

Admin removal.

It was me.

Please read this post in the sandbox: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=352555

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 11 2022, 01:08 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 10 2022, 10:57 PM) *

Admin removal.

Let me guess, you just had to make this political in the name of "humor" and you can't imagine why an admin would edit your comment?

Amiright?
rolleyes.gif

Andy... you are right. <sarcasm>How did you EVER guess?</sarcasm>

SirAndy
Back on topic

And another electronics weekend. This time i built myself a brand new Commodore 64 from all new parts. Started with a new PCB and bags of components and ended up with a working computer.
The few chips that show as "bad" on the diagnostic screen are actually fine, i just didn't have the full diagnostic harness plugged in when i took that picture.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
rjames
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2022, 09:00 AM) *

Back on topic

And another electronics weekend. This time i built myself a brand new Commodore 64 from all new parts. Started with a new PCB and bags of components and ended up with a working computer.
The few chips that show as "bad" on the diagnostic screen are actually fine, i just didn't have the full diagnostic harness plugged in when i took that picture.

Nice!! I used to have a C64 and an Amiga 500 in the 80s when I was in high school. I even ran a dial-up BBS on the C64 with 2 floppy drives daisy chained. Probably had over 200 pirated games, too. LOL

Now you just need a Fast Load cartridge (or an equivalent).
SirAndy
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 20 2022, 09:17 AM) *

@rjames

Original one on the left, new SD2IEC version on the right (Uses a SD card instead of floppy disks but also does accelerated floppy pass-through).

I also have several fast loading Kernal ROM images, like SpeedDOS and JiffyDOS.
type.gif biggrin.gif
rjames
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2022, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 20 2022, 09:17 AM) *

@rjames

Original one on the left, new SD2IEC version on the right (Uses a SD card instead of floppy disks but also does accelerated floppy pass-through).

I also have several fast loading Kernal ROM images, like SpeedDOS and JiffyDOS.
type.gif biggrin.gif

Love it! aktion035.gif
Arno914
Fantastic! aktion035.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2022, 12:00 PM) *

Back on topic

Nice. I've always been a sucker for old school you solder em' kits! No idea that there were kits to build a "new" Commodore 64. Very cool!

Having done more than a few kits like that, you've definitely demonstrated some patience with the soldering on that one!

Cassette = BAD. av-943.gif I remember those days when the move from cassette storage to a 5 1/4 floppy was like a miracle!
Superhawk996
I'm in the process of tearing apart my garage getting ready to move.

The biggest problem -- the mill. Moving it cross country with professional machinery movers is cost prohibitive. Household goods movers are out of the question.

That leaves - DIY. Without a forklift and a trailer, that leaves U-Haul as my mode of transport.

So . . . it will move in a disassembled state where I can more easily deal with the component pieces.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
anderssj
Click to view attachment

In the shade….
tygaboy
@buddyV Robert and I took the E9 to Calistoga for the BCR (Breakfast Club Rally) "Air-Cooled Social" event. Essentially, a Cars & Coffee with no planned driving route. Some pretty cool stuff showed up! That's the Sebring 4th place winning 910!
@Mikey63 - Mike, did you get some pics you can post?
Shivers
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jun 21 2022, 04:51 AM) *

I'm in the process of tearing apart my garage getting ready to move.

The biggest problem -- the mill. Moving it cross country with professional machinery movers is cost prohibitive. Household goods movers are out of the question.

That leaves - DIY. Without a forklift and a trailer, that leaves U-Haul as my mode of transport.

So . . . it will move in a disassembled state where I can more easily deal with the component pieces.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wow, nice mill, Phil
peteinjp
Wrestling this this in-floor lift. It's way beefy and in addition to the 2 platforms (unibody) has arms as well for ladder frame stuff but all goes flush when down. I had a hell of a time getting it in (big slope) on the forklift and had to have a guy sitting not he back to keep the rear wheels down. Now the challenge is lowering it accurately into the pit.

Click to view attachment

peteinjp
Here's what the lift looks like when its up (Hzj73 daily driver.)

Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Jun 26 2022, 05:56 AM) *

Wrestling this this in-floor lift. It's way beefy and in addition to the 2 platforms (unibody) has arms as well for ladder frame stuff but all goes flush when down. I had a hell of a time getting it in (big slope) on the forklift and had to have a guy sitting not he back to keep the rear wheels down. Now the challenge is lowering it accurately into the pit.

Click to view attachment

Hey Pete, those lifts are really nice. Hope you are getting in a drive here and there. I must say that is some unique framing on the wall behind them. Is this a sublevel?
peteinjp

Hey Pete, those lifts are really nice. Hope you are getting in a drive here and there. I must say that is some unique framing on the wall behind them. Is this a sublevel?

The horizontal boards are just on the surface of the wall and I used them to hang tools etc. when my glass studio was in this space. All the other stuff is traditional Japanese framing. The black soot on the wall above is soot from the open charcoaled pit that was used for decades before the house was renovated. I “de-renovated” it.

House was built just after WW2.

Here’s the other side of that wall where more of the structure is visible:

Click to view attachment
mgp4591

Those are some stunning accents! I can imagine building supplies being in short supply after the war and there's nothing wrong with traditional materials. I imagine you'll be highlighting those unique accents in your upgrade/restoration of the space...keep us updated as to why you're not working on your 914 please!
914e
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jun 21 2022, 09:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

In the shade….

For those of us in Arizona, can you explain? What is shade? confused24.gif
I tried standing in the shadow of a saguaro once it took about week to get the needles out.
mikey63
Saturday in Calistoga.
anderssj
QUOTE(914e @ Jun 27 2022, 01:34 AM) *

QUOTE(anderssj @ Jun 21 2022, 09:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

In the shade….

For those of us in Arizona, can you explain? What is shade? confused24.gif
I tried standing in the shadow of a saguaro once it took about week to get the needles out.

This is MinneSOta…it’s not supposed to feel like Luke AFB (BTDT)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jun 21 2022, 11:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

In the shade….

Just an average summer day here... Yesterday we were saying how cool it was - at 90 degrees.

Here in Texas everyone has a shrine to Willis H. Carrier in their houses. We put ice cube offerings on it daily.

Shivers
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Jun 26 2022, 07:59 PM) *

The horizontal boards are just on the surface of the wall and I used them to hang tools etc. when my glass studio was in this space. All the other stuff is traditional Japanese framing. The black soot on the wall above is soot from the open charcoaled pit that was used for decades before the house was renovated. I “de-renovated” it.

House was built just after WW2.

Here’s the other side of that wall where more of the structure is visible:

Click to view attachment

Very cool. I love the deconstructive look. I worked with an architect in Venice CA on a building we built that used the look a lot. Really looked nice on this theme building. Though I used exposed steel instead of wood.

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
A friend asked if I'd help him by welding in new upper shock mounts on his E9. Nothing more fun than out-of-position welding on a valuable car that's just back from paint... wacko.gif
Yes, it's true: I really get into my work! It turned out pretty well, considering the access and visibility.
914e
A few hours distraction with the Le Mans Classic 2022.

There is at least one 914 running. Change that to three running.

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Got a surprise visit from New owner of my Sonoco 914-6. Really nice guy, put this car on my lift and went through it in detail. He's a local guy about an hour from me. Looking forward to have in join in on upcoming drives. I will let him formally introduce himself to the world soon.

Also, added some one-off side decals to Jerry's V8 914 plus some Pilot lights which I tinted...nice upgrade.

@LS1V8Jerry

Ready for WCR

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=844
051]Click to view attachment
Shivers
Getting warm around here, over a hundred till after midnight.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Yardwork house work, the car is so much easier to work on. Cleaning up the floor after a dog that's going through the chewing stag. Started doing the lawn got about an Acer 1/4 of it. Started and ran out of gas in about 20 minutes. I'll get the gas today but won't be mowing until tomorrow. Getting to hot already. After I return from the store I can clean up on the kitchen. Oh boy!!! This day gets an F.
eric9144
Oh man I've been busy doing everything but really driving the 914...
Started with us wanting a shipping container on our property to use for storage--we'd gotten a rental unit when we did a house remodel and realized it made storing all those things like Christmas decorations etc a no brainer...but of course I wanted it to be tucked away on the property and didn't want to ever really have to revisit its location after it was placed so...

Removed some trees we didn't want anyway, ground out some stumps and then started building a foundation for the storage container using railroad ties and gravel to keep unwanted critters from making a home beneath it:
"Before"
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And after:
Click to view attachment
eric9144
Then onto the delivery--a 20' one trip 3 door unit--so standard doubles on the 'street' side of things and a single vault door towards the garage:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Then started building out shelving for the storage stuff with the help of my kids biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
eric9144
Once that was in place, it was time to move on to the really exciting change--this is our 'extra' garage and its a 3 car ~1000 sq footer but you had to cross about ~125 feet of dirt to get from the street to the garage. Kind of sucked because you'd get your cars all clean then have to transit the dirt and well, things got dirty and that sucked. The 914/6 moves so much air through and out the exhuast that it would make a massive dust cloud every time I took it out and would make itself dirty every time it was out...

So...now that the storage container was placed, we finally did a driveway cheer.gif

"Before"
Click to view attachment

Leveled and formed:
Click to view attachment

Rebared:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.