Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Cairo94507
Very nice concrete work. That looks like quite a few years of cement.
eric9144
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 1 2022, 05:26 AM) *

Very nice concrete work. That looks like quite a few years of cement.

I lost track because it was all so busy but I believe I counted a 4th truck for the last section... Wetting it down today and it's totally surreal to finally have over there, it's 11:15am and already 99* today blink.gif
wub.gif
Click to view attachment
KSCarrera
Left 914 at home while I drove 911 rally car in hillclimb event...

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
Camping and paddleboarding,the same thing has been getting in the way of car fun all summer but it is hard to complain too much :-)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
Camping and paddleboarding,the same thing has been getting in the way of car fun all summer but it is hard to complain too much :-)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
brant
Finished my motorcycle restoration
Put 47 miles on it
But it has a rod knock

The bottom end was the only thing I didn’t rebuild
So get to start over now

brant
And found this

bzettner
biggrin.gif ...because I got invited to some sort of game

Click to view attachment
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jul 17 2022, 10:06 AM) *

Getting warm around here, over a hundred till after midnight.

Click to view attachment

Northern California is cooking too. Today it "cooled off" to 89 degrees which actually seemed cool. We have been having over 110 degree days for almost a week now, with wildfires burning out of control in El Dorado County.
tygaboy
'cuz I sold my E9. And there she goes...
Bittersweet.
A beautiful car, I'll miss is it, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96rsEPWqcA
tygaboy
delete
914-300Hemi
Took our Border Collie for a herding instinct test and she had an amazing time.

Click to view attachment

As you can see she passed.
bzettner
…because we were searching for my great grandfathers first wife’s grave sight. They met in America after both shipping over from Germany in the 1800’s. Fredericksburg, TX. beer.gif
Click to view attachment
bzettner
Click to view attachment

Never seen so many German names before! drunk.gif
914-300Hemi
We are in Yellowstone National park
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 29 2022, 05:09 PM) *

We are in Yellowstone National park
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I suppose that is an acceptable excuse. Enjoy the park
Jett
Started hanging some P art. Also sent some more to get framed .. starting to look like a garage smile.gif
Superhawk996
Getting ready for snow. New toy - 1948 Case tractor
Click to view attachment
jd74914
That should do the trick! Mine is only 14 years younger. laugh.gif

It looks pretty well preserved, what’s it’s story?

Highly recommend some better chains if you have any hills to plow. Something that doesn’t fall off the tread.
Root_Werks
Flying days are getting harder to find.

914 Ranch
Well there was a couple of other things going on but I thought of something more interesting. Now that Halloween is up and running I'll have to pay some attention there.
I'm never going to get this car done.
eric9144
The kids I help coach, including my own 2 did the Quick'n'Dirty Filthy 50 Mountain Bike race here in San Diego this past weekend, we've been running practice rides for a couple months during the summer heat and it clearly paid off, every kid on our team managed to podium... We had a 12 year old pull 2nd place in an "open mens" class 50 mile, the girls swept the "school girl 30 mile" 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places and my other daughter pulled off 1st place in the "kids expert class" - - Super proud of them all first.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jd74914
That should do the trick! Mine is only 14 years younger. laugh.gif

It looks pretty well preserved, what’s it’s story?

Highly recommend some better chains if you have any hills to plow. Something that doesn’t fall off the tread.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 31 2022, 01:21 PM) *

Flying days are getting harder to find.

I miss flying....

jd74914
Edit: don’t get why this keeps reposting. Sorry everyone.
AZBanks
Because I am taking it easy after spending several hours in the ER on Sunday morning with massive pain from my chest up into my left shoulder.
EKG, xray, blood work, blood pressure all came back saying I was/am in perfect health so they sent me home but a bit of the pain is still there and I have no idea what caused it.

I was planning to get a 944 spare wheel and tire boxed up to send out to mepstein this week and get the 914 up on jack stands to drop the engine all on Sunday afternoon but the morning ER trip cancelled those plans.
VegasRacer
Working track safety crew / flagging for the Radical World Finals. smilie_flagge24.gif Great racing. Large field. Loads of fun.

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Cuz this!
markhoward
Itching to post something now that we are back online. Stopped off at Big M on the way home from Thunderhill on Monday to see what they had for the 56 Mercury. Fun day at the track.. There were 2 914’s there but missed photo ops on both.

Click to view attachment
Jett
Put up a couple of new pics.
dgw
I haven't had one since I sold mine. I think I am going to acquire a 914/6 that I owned many years ago. Looking forward to that and back here to see what is happening.
Cairo94507
@dgw Good luck; I hope she ends up back in your garage. Post lots of pictures. beerchug.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(dgw @ Nov 28 2022, 08:14 PM) *

I haven't had one since I sold mine. I think I am going to acquire a 914/6 that I owned many years ago. Looking forward to that and back here to see what is happening.

Smart move, you know at least some of it's history and the smiles/gallon will justify the purchase. My vote says DO IT
sb914
@euro911 where are you ?
wonkipop
because we have spent 2 days in a mobile french torture chamber getting waterboarded by a timing belt and accessory belt change.

working on the 914 is a joy.

this is torment. headbang.gif

but the belt, tensioners, rollers, harmonic balancer, were all extracted by the middle of the afternoon and with that it was beer oclock.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

the renault sport engineers (french hot rodders?) didn't bother shoe horning the engine in, they bricked it in instead!

commentators who reckon converting a 914 to rhd is butchery.
well - i did a better job than the french engineers on that one?
official factory rhd means brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder are jammed down behind the power plant end of the engine bay and get a nice little toasting from the exhaust as a bonus. so does the clutch cable + mechanism. think i will take the opportunity to flush the brake fluid while i can see the reservoir and open the cap on it.

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 12 2023, 10:45 PM) *

because we have spent 2 days in a mobile french torture chamber getting waterboarded by a timing belt and accessory belt change.

but the belt, tensioners, rollers, harmonic balancer, were all extracted by the middle of the afternoon and with that it was beer oclock.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

the renault sport engineers (french hot rodders?) didn't bother shoe horning the engine in, they bricked it in instead!

official factory rhd means brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder are jammed down behind the power plant end of the engine bay and get a nice little toasting from the exhaust as a bonus. so does the clutch cable + mechanism. think i will take the opportunity to flush the brake fluid while i can see the reservoir and open the cap on it.

Click to view attachment

Looks like a 90s Civic.
wonkipop
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 13 2023, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 12 2023, 10:45 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks like a 90s Civic.

you never got em stateside.

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/feature...ult-clio-172182
Root_Werks
Pulled the engine on my Bug this week. It's getting a Gene Berg 5sp with overdriven 5th and 1600i engine is getting bumped to 1679 with larger valve heads.

Root_Werks
Engine out:

Cairo94507
We took a ride to the Red Barn to see Chris @tygaboy for some help with my latest project....installing a clean Starlink satellite mount on our home. I bought a bracket that came with a tiny plate to mount to the rafter tail and then come out past the gutter and the "dish" would mount on that. It looked flimsy and they wanted you to just screw into the rafter tail. I didn't like that idea and wanted to make it better, cleaner, cooler.

Enter Chris. We talked about making a couple steel plates that the existing mounting bracket would weld to and then the new plates would be enlarged to spread the load and then we would also add a backing plate to sandwich the rafter tail instead of putting force on it which could cause cracks/splits. I have 2"x6" rafters, so we had room.

Chris used his magic water jet (I hope I got that right) to cut out 2 really nice steel plates with 4 perfect holes in them. Chris then broke out his metal router to make the edges look bitchin!

Chris said he would TIG weld the existing bracket to the new one. I asked if I could try TIG welding....it has been about 50 years since I held a welder.... with Chris' patience and excellent tutelage, I was able to run about a 1" weld; can you see the part I did? Hint: it looks like a child did it despite Chris' patience. I guess at some point you are just old. Regardless, that bracket is never going to move now.

I am awaiting a part from Starlink and then I will install the whole thing once it receives a nice coat of primer and paint.

Thanks again to Chris. I really enjoyed the visit and seeing how the "sausage is made". beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Type 47
posted to wrong thread , sorry.
Type 47
posted to wrong thread , sorry...again

btw, pics deleted but for some reason still showing?
Superhawk996
Got tired of having to go get the Jeep to extract the tractor when it gets stuck plowing the hill.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 28 2023, 06:18 PM) *

Got tired of having to go get the Jeep to extract the tractor when it gets stuck plowing the hill.

That looks serious!
jhynesrockmtn
I picked up this 65 Mustang Convertible in November. 289 C code, auto. It is owned by my son in law's family. His Grandfather bought it new in December of 64. He passed several years back after having the thing restored in the early 2000's. It has been sitting since in their garage in Palos Verdes CA for several years. They moved his Grandmother out of the home recently and weren't sure what to do with the car. I offered to get it and go through it. theb they can decide to sell or keep it. Trying to sell it with it not running wasn't the way to go and I grew up loving these things. I've had 3 different Mustangs over the years. I live in Spokane WA, roughly a 2,500 round trip.

I'm supposed to be going through my BB to get it ready for the summer and to take to Rennsport this year :-) It can wait a bit.

1st order of business was to get it running. The fuel system was horribly fouled. I decided to just put a new tank in it. I pulled the carb to rebuild it. New rubber lines, a new fuel filter and some no E premium and we have a runner! It had a horrible oil leak once I got it going. The oil pressure sender was the culprit. That was $10 bucks. The carb rebuild kit was $35 and the new tank with all assorted hardware, sending unit and gaskets was roughly $200. Man the parts for these things are cheap. Next up, flush the radiator and replace the 35 year old flat spotted rubber.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Steve
Shoulder surgery sucks!! Can’t drive or work on my 914’s for three months.
One more month to go!!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Jan 29 2023, 11:25 AM) *

I picked up this 65 Mustang Convertible in November.

smilie_pokal.gif nice!
ClayPerrine
I have been fixing the transmission on our 95 BMW 540i.

It is an automatic, and the turbine speed sensor started setting codes and dumping the trans into limp mode. It is no fun stuck in 4th gear.

So I drained the fluid, and pulled the pan. I replaced both the turbine and the driveshaft speed sensor, and one solenoid that was showing higher than normal resistance. New gasket, new fluid (pentosin is expensive)and now it is shifting much better and not setting codes.
r_towle
It was cold.
I did get a trailer today.
Taking the 997 to have the engine removed and rebuilt by Hartech in the UK.

I did look at the 914….but chose to go back inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.