Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
ClayPerrine
I am waiting on some cohline fittings to finish the re-plumbing of the oil coolers on Igor. So yesterday I replaced all the Fluorescent lights in the garage with LEDs. It is way brighter in the garage now.

I have to go to the recycling center now to get rid of 16 eight foot fluorescent bulbs and 8 ballasts. sad.gif

930cabman
Our grandson's 5th birthday, played cards, drank wine and had a hoot. Probably back at it today, practicing overhead plug welds
Jett
New 911 arrived in pieces...
tygaboy
My 914 is at the tuner's and preping the Benz racer has me distracted. I made a quick splash mold of the sunroof in prep for fabbing a carbon panel to close the hole.

And let's get that ignition switch moved to the correct location, shall we? lol-2.gif

No comments on the seat mount - it's temporary, just so I can move the car around. Yes, despite the fact that I ripped out (literally) the interior, air bags (8 of them) and all sorts of mysterious electrical and pneumatic stuff, it actually runs and drives in this condition!
forrestkhaag
Today i dragged it to the shop for a new windshield compliments of Hagerty. Pick it up at 5 / pics to follow..... beerchug.gif
930cabman
Some of us must work, to pay for our addiction
tygaboy
Made and started fitting the RacerBenz's carbon sunroof panel.
And since this is becoming a major build project for me, I figure it's best not to distract with more posts about it on this forum. I'll starting a build thread elsewhere. Wish me luck...
Tdskip
I am happy to report that the new to me MGC just made its first drive since 1993.

Picture from when I got her last weekend, man having to wait on the parts need to see if I could get her going was killing me this week!

Not very rev happy but the torque from the inline 6 is quite pleasant.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Fence beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Looks like a nice piece of land @sixnotfour
930cabman
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 2 2021, 07:21 PM) *

I am happy to report that the new to me MGC just made its first drive since 1993.

Picture from when I got her last weekend, man having to wait on the parts need to see if I could get her going was killing me this week!

Not very rev happy but the torque from the inline 6 is quite pleasant.

Click to view attachment

Great score, far from a P-car, but the MGC model is a good one, rust?
mate914
[quote name='sixnotfour' date='Apr 3 2021, 09:07 AM' post='2905161']
Fence beerchug.gif
[/quot

What is on the tree swing?
Matt
sixnotfour
[quote name='mate914' date='Apr 3 2021, 10:05 AM' post='2905203']
[quote name='sixnotfour' date='Apr 3 2021, 09:07 AM' post='2905161']
Fence beerchug.gif
[/quot

What is on the tree swing?
Matt
[/quote]
Ted the Rabbit...swing is so sketchy.. But Ted Likes it..
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 3 2021, 07:08 AM) *

Looks like a nice piece of land @sixnotfour

Thanks , Tom...5 yrs a Lawyer and the Law...We got our property line ..Defined...
Realators will say anything to sell a Prop. and neighbors will lie.
Tdskip
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 3 2021, 09:10 AM) *

Great score, far from a P-car, but the MGC model is a good one, rust?

Hi there - it's been great to see you dive into your 914 project, thanks for becoming an active member so quickly.

The MGC is a very different car than the MGB it is mostly based off, but of a cliche but it really does feel a lot like a smaller E-type coupe. I accidentally started off in 3rd gear from a dead stop and the car didn't complain. It is a California car from new so pretty solid, some minor welding but nothing structural.
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 3 2021, 11:24 AM) *

Thanks , Tom...5 yrs a Lawyer and the Law...We got our property line ..Defined...
Realtors will say anything to sell a Prop. and neighbors will lie.

Ugh, but glad it is sorted.
sixnotfour
So thats a long hood MG ?
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 3 2021, 12:14 PM) *

So thats a long hood MG ?

Bonnet is the same length but it’s got power bulges to fit the six. Vroom vroom
flat4guy
Click to view attachment
tore this old 3 speed apart for the gears - use them for trophies
ClayPerrine
Spent Saturday cleaning out my Dad's garage. Once his estate clears probate, I have two old Chevys to sell.

Sunday was spent moving stuff and cleaning up in my garage. The HVAC people come on the 13th to put in a Mini-Split heater/AC unit. piratenanner.gif

So nothing on the 914s. But I thought about it.

Clay
fixer34
Replacing front wheel bearing and lower ball joint on my VW DD.
My daughter let me borrow HER electric impact wrench.
Who ever came up with triple-square socket bolts??Click to view attachment
930cabman
Recovering from a triple hernia and diastasis surgery three weeks ago. Very low energy level and itching to dig into our new "rust free project" with original paint from the West coast. From first observations it looks great, jack points are perfect, pics coming. Engine and trans had been removed previously and arrived on a pallet earlier this week. Seller said the GC engine needed rebuild, I popped the valve covers and it's super clean, also removed the D jet system and discovered the #3 and 4 intakes were very loose, had to be a large vacuum leak. I am planning to bolt her up to a tranny and run a compression and oil pressure checks, Every so often we get lucky.
bzettner
Because my Boxster needed exercise! driving.gif aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
siverson
That's a clean garage!
mgp4591
The wife and I went up to my grandson's birthday... a big one. He turned 13 today! birthday3.gif
Jett
Spending the year building a garage to put our stuff in smile.gif. Garage is bigger than the house smile.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 11 2021, 10:10 PM) *

The wife and I went up to my grandson's birthday... a big one. He turned 13 today! birthday3.gif

Is he a car guy? how are his fingernails
ClayPerrine
For the past week, we have done nothing to the 914s. We have been doing some garage upgrades.

Heat and AC.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Now I don't have to stop working on 100+ degree days!!!!!

euro911
I'll be looking into a 2-zone mini-split for the detached garage in AZ ... because we're planning on enclosing the loft area to make it into a music studio.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Hi Clay - You will love the mini-split. I have one in my garage and though I do not use it a lot, when I do need/use it, I love it. Very efficient. It will cool down my over-sized 3-car in 30 minutes or heat it in the same amount of time. Well worth it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 18 2021, 07:48 AM) *

Hi Clay - You will love the mini-split. I have one in my garage and though I do not use it a lot, when I do need/use it, I love it. Very efficient. It will cool down my over-sized 3-car in 30 minutes or heat it in the same amount of time. Well worth it.

It was 54 degrees out yesterday morning. We were working in the garage moving the sprinkler controls so they aren't behind the shelving, and it warmed the garage up to the point of being too hot in about 20 minutes.

piratenanner.gif
anderssj
Celebrating 39th anniversary, so no car stuff today.

T, me, and the teener on 18 APR 82:

Click to view attachment

wub.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(anderssj @ Apr 18 2021, 09:59 AM) *

Celebrating 39th anniversary, so no car stuff today.

T, me, and the teener on 18 APR 82:

Click to view attachment

wub.gif

Congrats on 39 years!!

Do you still have her (914)?
scottthephotog
Too busy working on a 1979 930.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and a MB 560 SL.

Click to view attachment

...and a billion other projects while I'm out visiting my family.
Jett
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Apr 18 2021, 09:35 AM) *

Too busy working on a 1979 930.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and a MB 560 SL.

Click to view attachment

...and a billion other projects while I'm out visiting my family.

Wish that was my garage!
Jett
Detailed the car and went for a morning drive.
scottthephotog
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 18 2021, 01:12 PM) *

Wish that was my garage!

Haha. There's 4 garages and too many cars. Every time I'm here, my dad does the Lion King scene of "son, one day this will all be yours" as he motions to the scrap metal pile behind one of the garages next to parts car tubs that have been stripped of anything useful.
Jett
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Apr 18 2021, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 18 2021, 01:12 PM) *

Wish that was my garage!

Haha. There's 4 garages and too many cars. Every time I'm here, my dad does the Lion King scene of "son, one day this will all be yours" as he motions to the scrap metal pile behind one of the garages next to parts car tubs that have been stripped of anything useful.

Lol my father speaks the same way about a 91 Olds Riviera smile.gif
euro911
That would be a BUICK Riviera poke.gif

Finally getting around to working on the drywall in the laundry room remodel. I'm not the best when it comes to doing this type of work, but I'm sure it'll look much better when it gets taped & mudded ... and painted laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
markhoward
Seems that I have strayed off smoggy for a few days in a row culminating in the adoption of this s2!
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
QUOTE(markhoward @ Apr 18 2021, 06:56 PM) *

Seems that I have strayed off smoggy for a few days in a row culminating in the adoption of this s2!

And let me tell you, she is all that and a bag of chips! Beautiful car...

@markhoward
But yes, let's get some focus back on Smoggy, shall we? poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 18 2021, 06:17 PM) *

That would be a BUICK Riviera poke.gif

Finally getting around to working on the drywall in the laundry room remodel. I'm not the best when it comes to doing this type of work, but I'm sure it'll look much better when it gets taped & mudded ... and painted laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You need to fill those gaps with something besides mud before you tape & float. beerchug.gif
scottthephotog
930 update:

Lots of time cleaning the case, checking bearing clearances. New pistons and jugs from Mahle. Upgrading from 3.3L to 3.4L. We weighed the rods, pistons, and wrist pins so we can make sure they are within tolerance and can balance out any weight differences. With everything balanced out, there's less than a half a gram between each piston/rod assembly. We're calling it for the day. Tomorrow we'll finish assembling the bottom end and then start putting in pistons and jugs.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 19 2021, 07:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

You need to fill those gaps with something besides mud before you tape & float. beerchug.gif
A friend [who knows more than me] is going to handle the rest of it wink.gif
930cabman
I didn't see the fridge? Do you keep beer in a cooler
euro911
Yep, still nothing done on the 914 (HOWARD). Trying to figure out how to get it to move so I can get it on the mid-rise lift. I may have to rig up a winch to pull it several feet backwards confused24.gif

Getting ready to drop off my Yamaha XT250 at the local dealership for a factory recall session. Been a while since I had it out for a ride, had to put air in the tires and spray the chain with lube to make it roll up the ramp onto the carrier a little easier ...

Want to have it ready for a camping trip we have planned in June ... biker.gif

Click to view attachment
Justinp71

Use the dirtbike to move the 914 lol-2.gif
Gatornapper
Cause I was out riding a big Harley in the twisty foothills of the mountains in Virginia with a son and good friends......88 sunny degrees demanded it.........

IPB Image
euro911
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Apr 27 2021, 05:13 PM) *
Use the dirtbike to move the 914 lol-2.gif
I would, but it won't start ... that's why it's going to the dealership to get fixed.

I have another idea though ... maybe I can get this to move it idea.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.