Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Gatornapper
If not a Service Entrance panel, neutral buss needs to be isolated from frame of panel, and separate ground buss bonded to panel. Neutrals & grounds go to 2 different busses.

GN

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Dec 17 2021, 03:25 AM) *

Running some electrical stuff for the compressor, welders and some outlets in the garage. Got the box open and am ready start shoving the wires in the boxes.

Now I have the ability to run outlets anywhere I want, oh and more lights too.

Gatornapper
Still can't work on the 914 (need to adjust valves) as the 924 Turbo is still on the lift.

Hope to have running within a week......new injectors going in, all fuel lines flushed & ready......

GN
mb911
Was on vacation in the keys. Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
914 is still at the body/paint shop. Been tinkering on our VW's and trying to keep flying every once in a while during the winter.

Sucky picture, Canada (Sidney) is in front of me and that's snow which didn't show up on the phone camera. Both so close could almost touch the snow flakes and smell the Maple syrup!

Root_Werks
Finished the tranny swap in the Bug.

4.12 Swing with the .82 4th, the gap between 3-4 is a bit large, but it's much more driveable now then the original 4.375 R&P.

DRPHIL914
took a drive to NC to Sonderwerks in Cornelius (Charlotte) to get the hood fixed before Werks Reunion in March.
Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 3 2022, 11:40 AM) *

took a drive to NC to Sonderwerks in Cornelius (Charlotte) to get the hood fixed before Werks Reunion in March.

Nice building and display! Looks like these folks will take care of your beautiful car.
Jett
Outside of the inclement weather, helped my daughter stack the set of P-cars we restored.

Got the yellow 914 for x-mas smile.gif and almost no restoration needed, just a good wash.
Eric_Shea
huh.gif

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 3 2022, 11:26 PM) *

Nice building and display! Looks like these folks will take care of your beautiful car.
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 3 2022, 11:30 PM) *

Outside of the inclement weather, helped my daughter stack the set of P-cars we restored.

Got the yellow 914 for x-mas smile.gif and almost no restoration needed, just a good wash.

Thanks, I believe they will. No metal damage but chipped thru to the primer in 3 places where a broken off tail pipe hit the hood at 50 mph., hard part is matching metallic. paint is only 3 years old and had clear wrap with UV prtection , so do the sides of the car/front quarters so if they use the same brand paint we used it should match up , but will have to do some sample spraying first. I know they can do it, they have an excellent rep, - that green 914/6 is a patrick motorsports build car and new owner in NC had it in for new seats and get the 3.8 monster motor tuned up properly which they did. So they do it all. Several other 914 guys in the Charlotte area used them and made the recommendation. I will let you know how it all turns out.

PS- are yuo going to sell any of those pillows? i would like to find a orange 914 p-car pillow lmk if you do.

Phil
Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 5 2022, 05:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 3 2022, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 3 2022, 11:30 PM) *

Thanks, I believe they will. No metal damage but chipped thru to the primer in 3 places where a broken off tail pipe hit the hood at 50 mph., hard part is matching metallic. paint is only 3 years old and had clear wrap with UV prtection , so do the sides of the car/front quarters so if they use the same brand paint we used it should match up , but will have to do some sample spraying first. I know they can do it, they have an excellent rep, - that green 914/6 is a patrick motorsports build car and new owner in NC had it in for new seats and get the 3.8 monster motor tuned up properly which they did. So they do it all. Several other 914 guys in the Charlotte area used them and made the recommendation. I will let you know how it all turns out.

PS- are yuo going to sell any of those pillows? i would like to find a orange 914 p-car pillow lmk if you do.

Phil

Good deal Phil.

Sorry like the larger 914’s, I only collect smile.gif
anderssj
Still in MinneSOta…

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jan 5 2022, 06:53 PM) *

Still in MinneSOta…

Click to view attachment

i can hear the accent spoken when reading that laugh.gif

and a 'Ya sure dont ya know" -
Enjoy! i havenet been back in Mn when snow was on the ground for 15 years!

Safe travels with all that weather between MN and VA!
anderssj
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 6 2022, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(anderssj @ Jan 5 2022, 06:53 PM) *

Still in MinneSOta…

Click to view attachment

i can hear the accent spoken when reading that laugh.gif

and a 'Ya sure dont ya know" -
Enjoy! i havenet been back in Mn when snow was on the ground for 15 years!

Safe travels with all that weather between MN and VA!

You betcha, Doc! BTW, it’s -6*F ambient / -24*F wind chill right now. blink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jan 6 2022, 11:28 AM) *

You betcha, Doc! BTW, it’s -6*F ambient / -24*F wind chill right now. blink.gif

IPB Image

Temps like that are why I live in Texas!

Spoke
Been designing and assembling a double track HO bridge for the train club I belong to in Ambridge PA. The entire bridge is 3d printed. It is 47 inches long and 10 inches high in the middle. It was designed after the Ohio Connecting Railroad bridge just outside of Pittsburgh crossing Brunot's island on the Ohio River.

NARP74
COVID
914 Ranch
My problem is I like to wear shorts and I don't have heating in the garage.

Click to view attachment

It just came up to 28° so I really shouldn't complain as I do know much colder up North.

I was told by a neighbor that the white stuff on my bug is snow. Someone posted a video on facebook of the snow flakes coming down here.
Cairo94507
@Spoke WOW! That bridge is amazing. beerchug.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 24 2022, 10:15 AM) *

@Spoke WOW! That bridge is amazing. beerchug.gif

@Cairo94507

Thanks Michael, it was rather fun building the bridge. I designed the bridge in Solidworks which took most of the time. The printing wasn't that bad although I did do a lot of sanding to smooth the print lines.

Here's the prototype bridge I used to design this one. The prototype is 425 foot long and mine is scale 340 foot. Now I want to build an even longer bridge now.....

Jett
Almost ready for the road smile.gif 67 Wagon
VegasRacer
Encountered slow moving traffic on a day trip to Oatman. @burton73
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 19 2022, 05:49 PM) *

Jackasses like that need to stay off the road. :rimshot:

bzettner
Not only do we have great 914 driving weather in South Texas aktion035.gif , we also have pretty good weather for our XC Spring mountain bike series piratenanner.gif ...race one went well for me as I am now the little kid in to 60+ Cat 1 class smilie_pokal.gif , with my recent b-day. beer.gif
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Because right down the street La Quinta holds our annual car show.
There were 6 914's there, one was a member but I did not see him or her. I did meet "Doc", the owner of the black six (2.7), nice fella . And one fella in a Benz that pulled up just to hang out. Nice car and a nice fella.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Click to view attachment
euro911
Been dealing with a condition called 'trigger finger' in my right hand since the beginning of the year. This isn't my first rodeo and my hand doctor said since I've already had 4 cortisone shots in it over the past couple of years, it's time to schedule surgery to ultimately fix the problem dry.gif ... (scheduled for March 24th)

So, I've been trying to get some long overdue projects completed as estimated recuperation is 5~6 weeks sad.gif

Finally finished doing the brickwork on my back yard walkway and leveling the dirt so my plumber friend can rework the sprinkler system and my gardener can put down some new sod.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Also had a carpenter friend come by last week to help build a raised the floor in the laundry room and raise the back door to the house to match the new floor's height. Still need to finish the drywall, paint and laminate flooring, but that can wait until I'm back on my feet, er hands rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

I actually DID do something with my 914 though ... got a spare tire from Abe so I can finally drop it back on the ground ...

Click to view attachment
Steve
Total Knee Replacement. All 914 projects on hold.
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 24 2022, 03:07 PM) *

OUCH sad.gif

UM...your doctor just sent me your Xray lol-2.gif

Wishing you a speedy recovery biggrin.gif

O

Admin edit: I hate to remove this, but this is the garage and it is open to all, even little kids. Stuff like this belongs in the sandbox. Clay
Steve
lol-2.gif
I wish that was my X-ray!!
Jamie
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 24 2022, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 24 2022, 03:07 PM) *

OUCH sad.gif

UM...your doctor just sent me your Xray lol-2.gif

Wishing you a speedy recovery biggrin.gif

O

Click to view attachment

That's an X rated X-ray all right! WTF.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 24 2022, 04:15 PM) *

lol-2.gif
I wish that was my X-ray!!

No, you really don't. Trust me...

lol-2.gif
tygaboy
I was asked to make a 70th Bday present for a '67 Camaro loving BBQ fiend.

Then a fellow BMW E9 owner asked if I'd make him a pair of seat mounts to get some 635 sport seats into his coupe.
Jett
Been cleaning the new garage / office space for five days now… only three days left and she will be clean from the construction debris and ready for final railings, and final inspection.
anderssj
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

New coolant pump, radiator, overflow tank, thermostat, silicone coolant hoses, fresh coolant. Still need to re-do small top hose and spring clamps.
914e
I have not had much time to even look at the forum let alone work on the 914. I been too busy with turbos. As in Turbo Tax, our taxes, helping the kids get files and worst of all finishing my parents taxes last night. Half the time is spent getting passwords reset. My mother has more sheets of paper with passwords on them than they have in tax documents. Every one has a different password for the same accounts and she is just starting to understand upper case and lower matters for passwords. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Jett
Last time she was on the road was 2004 and since then moved to under horsepower’d 914’s smile.gif. Took the car for a drive yesterday but the tires kept breaking loose smile.gif Lingenfelter LS7 with six speed.
914 Ranch
I'm going to Missouri to pick up a smoker. It's large and won't fit in the back of the truck because of the shell. I should be back tomorrow evening and will probably season it Tuesday. So in reality I won't be able to work on the car till Wednesday. Maybe I can sneak in a few minutes here and there. It's a 30" x 60" rotisserie. I currently have 48 racks of Baby back ribs as they are my second favorite item to smoke.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
All of those are over 4 pounds.

Click to view attachment

Heck that is 9 pounds right there.
I really feel the need to have an event here.
Dang I forgot my smiley... jsharp.gif
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 9 2022, 09:25 AM) *

Last time she was on the road was 2004 and since then moved to under horsepower’d 914’s smile.gif. Took the car for a drive yesterday but the tires kept breaking loose smile.gif Lingenfelter LS3 with six speed.

Wow, I’m sure that’s a fun ride. Not to mention super cool! beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Apr 10 2022, 06:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 9 2022, 09:25 AM) *

Last time she was on the road was 2004 and since then moved to under horsepower’d 914’s smile.gif. Took the car for a drive yesterday but the tires kept breaking loose smile.gif Lingenfelter LS3 with six speed.

Wow, I’m sure that’s a fun ride. Not to mention super cool! beerchug.gif

Thanks, yes she is unexpectedly fun smile.gif and the pain of a monthly bill has stopped smile.gif
Tdskip
My son had his first expediting a small airplane today

Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 19 2022, 04:49 PM) *

By the way we where jamming @VegasRacer

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ready John w00t.gif
Bob B
ValcoOscar
Room with a view.... beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

euro911
Got tired dealing with the idiots at U-Haul - purchased a brand new 7'x17' trailer today biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Grabbed a winch at HF, hope to have it mounted and ready to transport a couple of projects within the week popcorn[1].gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 11 2022, 09:14 PM) *

Got tired dealing with the idiots at U-Haul - purchased a brand new 7'x17' trailer today biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Grabbed a winch at HF, hope to have it mounted and ready to transport a couple of projects within the week popcorn[1].gif

Now you suddenly will have more friends grouphug.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Apr 12 2022, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 11 2022, 09:14 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Now you suddenly will have more friends grouphug.gif

BTW: currently I am on holiday in FLA and picking up 914 #4 on the way home to Buffalo, NY. Hey buddy, can you spare a dime??

Hoping to have a no hassle U Haul experience, and yes I have met more than 1 idiot.

nice looking trailer
Steve
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 10 2022, 06:00 PM) *

Room with a view.... beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Happy wife, happy life!! Where in Mexico are you? I'm going to a Wedding in Cabo, end of June.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 10 2022, 09:21 AM) *

My son had his first expediting a small airplane today

Click to view attachment

Very cool! Never could get my kid interested in flying. But have a few Nieces that love breaking the surly bonds of Earth.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.