Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
AZBanks
Became this:

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
7am here and just back from the store with 6 racks of Bade back ribs
To go with the 9 already here. The process takes me all-day, 2.5 hrs of smoking. When they look good enough I wrap them in pink butcher paper after coating them in SMOKED TALLOW. These last 2 things changed up my game. My RIBS are sweeter and juicy plus wrapped in the pink butcher paper they cooked quicker. I leave the ribs in the smoker until they have about 3/8" of pull back(3/8" of bone showing past the meat). I'll post a picture when I unwrap them. 15 racks that's about 270 bones.

Click to view attachment

The picture shows about 1/2" pull back, if I twist a bone it will just come out...

Oh boy, I can see some guacamole coming my way.
Gatornapper
As noted on my rebuild thread, pulled my tranny yesterday with engine staying in car, car on lift. Strangely lost 4/5 after about 30 min. of near perfect shifting on 1st drive after tranny rebuild.

Pulled end plate off tranny last night, pulling gears out today. Dr. Evil (Mike Lesniak) & I agree on most likely cause. Will see.......

GN
Front yard mechanic
BrrClick to view attachment
rangrbob
Been working on another restoration, and unfortunately the 914 is in storage.

https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-kickin/...10-golden-eagle
East coaster
QUOTE(rangrbob @ Jan 12 2024, 07:20 PM) *

Been working on another restoration, and unfortunately the 914 is in storage.

https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-kickin/...10-golden-eagle

Cool, here’s my J10 I picked up this summer

Click to view attachment
anderssj
More Volvo fun:

Click to view attachment

barf.gif

Volvo ran the alternator harness (B+, D+, oil pressure sender wire) between the engine block and the alternator bracket. Good for 30 years. Battery drained through the pressure sender and the warning light on the dash. Fortunately the short was contained inside the harness cover. REALLY lucky!
Jett
Put a Bluetooth adapter in-line of the Becker CDR-210 in our 996 turbo…pretty simple
Root_Werks
New 3-4-5 gears in my Bug. Been having fun driving it the past few days. The 914 is a bit envious.

rgalla9146
I fixed this...my crooked ash tray. It's adjuatable.
There are two 7mm nuts. One on each side...difficult to reach but worth the effort
Jett
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 14 2024, 06:34 PM) *

I fixed this...my crooked ash tray. It's adjuatable.
There are two 7mm nuts. One on each side...difficult to reach but worth the effort

Good motivation… mine is doing the same…
Beach914
Playing with a new toy.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Following the progress on the replacement for my final 914 ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 22 2024, 02:19 PM) *

Following the progress on the replacement for my final 914 ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks great
ClayPerrine
Yesterday I was helping out my neighbor and his son with their car project. It is a 1986 Volvo 240DL Wagon that had an 6.0L LS engine and transmission swap from a Silverado pickup. It was done by the previous owners as a Lemons car build, but was never raced. It has really nice suspension upgrades as well.

We have dubbed the car "The Volvolet."

I helped them replace the cable driven speedometer with an electronic speedo driven from the ECU. The new cluster also came with a tachometer, so I wired that to the ECU as well. I used a 240 ohm pullup resistor to get the tack to trigger off the ECU input.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I originally got involved with it because it was losing power and hard to start. Found the fuel pressure was low, and traced it back to the hose between the in tank pump and the sender body. The hose was split and bleeding fuel pressure back into the tank. What made it such a bitch to find was that there was no external fuel leak. Once we got that fixed, the car was much happier and way more powerful.

Our next task on it is to install the coolant temp sensor from the Volvo into the chevy coolant passages in the intake so the coolant temp gauge will work.

I actually considered inviting them to Okteenerfest just to see this beast tear up the tail of the dragon.
Cairo94507
Wow! What a sleeper. beerchug.gif
anderssj
Nice work, Clay!

And it’s a wagon! Geez I miss mine….

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.