Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
napasteve
Too busy driving my other Olympic Blue vehicle

Click to view attachment
scott_in_nh
Because I can't start any major 914 projects until I finish rebuilding this.

Somehow I thought I could replace all the structural wood and build a new interior in a year - 5 years ago! blink.gif

The entire engine, outdrive, windshields, rails, old interior and new interior are in the basement and NEED to get out!

This is the year though! Trying to get it wet by July.

How do you like my scratch built to almost original spec seats? I even made the buttons!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(napasteve @ May 9 2019, 12:03 PM) *

Steve what do you use that cool track- for?

Mark Henry
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 9 2019, 05:21 PM) *

Wine beer3.gif
914_teener
^^^^^^

This. Just got a new shipment from Stag's Leap in Napa!

Fay....oh boy.
napasteve
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 9 2019, 02:21 PM) *

The Landini is a great little vineyard tractor. Very stable on slopes.
sixnotfour
hissyfit.gif
euro911
What are we looking at in the top pic, Jeff?
gandalf_025
I'm gonna guess baby birds in the nest....

Click to view attachment
abes914
My buddy dropped off his right hand drive bus so I decided to drive it instead.
driving.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
QUOTE(abes914 @ May 10 2019, 12:08 PM) *

driving.gif

thats too awkward for me ,,drive safe.. blink.gif
North Coast Jim
Volunteering on rebuilding PT Boat 728. It's a huge undertaking. Learning some new skills too such as cussing, swearing, pulling splinters, bandaging cuts and how not to build a boat.

Click to view attachment
abes914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2019, 11:11 AM) *

driving.gif

Yup, it wasn't a fun ride that I thought it would be. The steering wheel is too big for my comfort level and the steering is too vague on the feedback. I am a bit too impatient i guess when I drive. That thing takes time to speed up.

I do love the look of other driver when they see that there is no one in the "driver" side.
euro911
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ May 10 2019, 11:27 AM) *
Volunteering on rebuilding PT Boat 728. It's a huge undertaking. Learning some new skills too such as cussing, swearing, pulling splinters, bandaging cuts and how not to build a boat.

Click to view attachment
Now that is a really cool project. Keep us in the loop on the progress.
euro911
I removed all the temporarily-placed brick edging from the new paved area in the back yard, compacted a sand base then re-compacted the bricks into place. It took two bags of sand, because the original dig was 4+ inches. Our little Pug/Frenchie Bulldog helped with the compaction rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

We won't dig down as far for the remaining sections that we're going to brick, but I think we'll go through at least four more bags to get it all done.

Looking forward to clearing out some the stuff you're looking at, so I can move my mid-rise lift back there ... and finally have some usable work space smile.gif

shades.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(abes914 @ May 10 2019, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2019, 11:11 AM) *

driving.gif

Yup, it wasn't a fun ride that I thought it would be. The steering wheel is too big for my comfort level and the steering is too vague on the feedback. I am a bit too impatient i guess when I drive. That thing takes time to speed up.

I do love the look of other driver when they see that there is no one in the "driver" side.

Years ago, I had a customer that owned a Japanese spec Fairlady Z. He brought it back from Japan when he was in the Marines. It was RHD. When I would have to test drive it, one of the other techs would grab a steering wheel and sit in the left side. We would get right next to someone, he would stare at them and jerk the wheel as if he was turning into them.

We were young and stupid. Nobody ever got hurt, just lots of startled drivers. I am much older and smarter now, so I wouldn't do it again.

euro911
Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/PmXAsfeQ_4E
ValcoOscar
Nothing on 914's today..spent day painting a guest room and making more WCR awards.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
RichPugh
IPB Image

That is the nicest clutch centering tool I've ever seen, LOL
Steve
Spent the day at Luft instead of working on my car.
euro911
In the air? ... or on a mattress? poke.gif
davehg
I was too busy spanking my (Honda) Monkey. Installed a new exhaust and header.

https://youtu.be/btjZDBXE-ng
Mueller
Bought my 1st road bike, need to build up some stamina, can only put in a few blocks before needing to rest.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 12 2019, 01:12 AM) *

Bought my 1st road bike, need to build up some stamina, can only put in a few blocks before needing to rest.

I wouldn't make it any farther, and I haven't been through what you have.

r_towle
great to see you riding Mike!

I still try to walk 4-5 miles per day.
Might go for a bike this year...not sure.
I travel a lot, so my entire exercise program is portable, with no machines (not always at every hotel)
So, I walk and do floor stretching and some yoga (sort of)

JRust
Finally got my car home this week. Unfortunately after a year of it being gone. I could barely fit it in my damn garage. Doing a little spring cleaning to make some space
Steve
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 11 2019, 09:59 PM) *

In the air? ... or on a mattress? poke.gif

I don't know my mind is a luft.
anderssj
Getting "Olle" (the Road Warrior Worrier) ready for his next trip from VA to MN and back. So far we've done the oil/filter change, basic tune-up stuff, upper strut mounts, fabricated a couple new brake lines, bled (both of us). Motor and transmission mounts next, then alignment.

Click to view attachment

Old plugs look pretty good for a car with 215K smile.gif

May do 914's shift coupler this FRI--kind of dreading it. unsure.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 12 2019, 02:12 AM) *

That’s great Mike. Easy gears, start slow. Muscles need time to adapt and get strong but they will. smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
Are you on Procrit yet Mike? It really helps; a lot! smile.gif @Mueller
914 Ranch
Trying to get the boat running, need it for a party this weekend. I support a skydiving event at Disappearing Island near Daytona. Going to be about 60 skydivers jumping on to the island Sunday.
malcolm2
It spent 3 weeks waiting on jack stands with the tranz on the floor waiting for Throwout Bearing job etc.... parts. Drive-able now. But it rained today.

Main reason, I have a 72 VW bus on jack stands. No way I am driving that in 10 months....But I am trying.
markhoward
mother nature
SirAndy
Been busy with work work. Just finished a project that resulted in 4 patent applications.
type.gif

Started on a new project today for Porsche!
If all goes well, my code will be in either the 2020 (tight deadline, probably not going to work) or 2021 models (much more likely) ...
w00t.gif

sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 15 2019, 09:51 PM) *

Been busy with work work. Just finished a project that resulted in 4 patent applications.
type.gif

Started on a new project today for Porsche!
If all goes well, my code will be in either the 2020 (tight deadline, probably not going to work) or 2021 models (much more likely) ...
w00t.gif

aktion035.gif grouphug.gif first.gif popcorn[1].gif smash.gif shades.gif
sixnotfour
yellowsleep[1].gif so tired of this Spring
Chris914n6
Yesterday the Water Softener sprung a leak.
Today the garage door sheared a pivot bolt, again, a grade 8 this time sad.gif

It's like the house feels neglected with me trying to get 2 cars running for WCR hissyfit.gif

IPB Image
euro911
yikes.gif Be careful with that door, Chris ...

More of the 'same-old, same old' happening here. We got some rain in the am, then the winds picked-up in the afternoon. Blew loose dirt everywhere dry.gif

However, I got more soil cut out, sand base and more bricks installed. This isn't going as fast as I had hoped, but any forward progress is ... well, forward progress laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In hind-sight, I should have stopped by the local Home Depot to hire a day laborer ... but I just didn't know which Juan to pick rolleyes.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 16 2019, 07:09 PM) *

yikes.gif Be careful with that door, Chris ...

More of the 'same-old, some old' happening here. We got some rain in the am, then the winds picked-up in the afternoon. Blew loose dirt everywhere dry.gif

However, I got more soil cut out, sand base and more bricks installed. This isn't going as fast as I had hoped, but any forward progress is ... well, forward progress laugh.gif

In hind-sight, I should have stopped by the local Home Depot to hire a day laborer ... but I just didn't know which Juan to pick rolleyes.gif

poke.gif Something tells me that your going to win "the post count total" in this thread. biggrin.gif
Mueller
My old air drying desiccant system failed (I failed to replace the stuff inside in a timely manner)

So I am soldering up 50 feet of 3/4 copper tubing.
Once that is done I'll be running a line to the front of the 2 car garage for a 50 foot hose reel.

Click to view attachment
mountainroads
I'm waiting for the mechanic to release "Walther" from custody. He's been busy fixing the stuff the last shop didn't fix properly. (Grrrrrr......) I'll give this guy credit for wanting to be sure everything is right before he gives me the car back, but my "project car" keeps getting bumped by other, more pressing turnarounds.

That, plus unpredictable weather combined with my limited availability for pickup, has greatly delayed our reunion.

- MR
914_teener
I don't have one at the moment.
euro911
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 19 2019, 09:09 PM) *
My old air drying desiccant system failed (I failed to replace the stuff inside in a timely manner)

Once that is done I'll be running a line to the front of the 2 car garage for a 50 foot hose reel.

Click to view attachment
That looks an awful lot like the solar collector plumbing I'll be building for the roof on my trailer.

Solar electricity will run a pump with water from a storage tank through the collector and back to the tank all day long, providing lots of hot water in the evening hours biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
I'll take 'Another Ridiculous Setback' for $5 please Alex.

IPB Image

30mph winds kept me away from the other 914 this weekend.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 20 2019, 02:09 AM) *

I'll take 'Another Ridiculous Setback' for $5 please Alex.

IPB Image

30mph winds kept me away from the other 914 this weekend.

I am a fan of this type connector. very low profile. the back side has an allen bolt that pinches the post.

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Hey Chris,

I used an aftermarket version of the VW power distribution block

Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 11 2019, 05:28 PM) *

Nothing on 914's today..spent day painting a guest room and making more WCR awards.

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Oscar buddy,

Those are so cool. Super job man.

Bob B
euro911
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 20 2019, 11:25 AM) *
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 11 2019, 05:28 PM) *

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Oscar buddy,

Those are so cool. Super job man.

Bob B
Yeah, they are aktion035.gif
RickS
Am still in the slammer. When I get my ankle bracelet I will be able to start working on it. wink.gif. Ok, so I don’t have an excuse.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 20 2019, 12:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

They should have a drain cock at the bottom of each loop. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.