Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
tygaboy
I upgraded to a new plasma table that uses different software so had to update the base CAD file for one of the awards I'm making for WCR 2022. It took the better part of the day.
When finished, this will be just over 25" tall. I included a pic of the last one I did so you can see how all the piece and layers end up working out.
Cairo94507
MMMMMMMMM wub.gif beerchug.gif
930cabman
At the beach in Florida with the family for a week or so, but did manage to pack away a pair of Italian Weber 40IDF's to rebuild for my fix.
Tdskip
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 14 2022, 09:08 AM) *

At the beach in Florida with the family for a week or so, but did manage to pack away a pair of Italian Weber 40IDF's to rebuild for my fix.

I would be in soooooo much trouble if I did that.

Think I will next time.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 12 2022, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 10 2022, 06:00 PM) *

Room with a view.... beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Happy wife, happy life!! Where in Mexico are you? I'm going to a Wedding in Cabo, end of June.

Puerto Villarta biggrin.gif sad.gif

A beautiful all-inclusive resort, nice but 1/2 of all the wedding guests came back with food poisoning. barf.gif
The poor bride spent 1 1/2 days at a local hospital.

Don't plan on ever returning

Rather play in my garage.... beerchug.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
So sad and sorry to hear that Oscar. Horrible way to have a honeymoon.
Steve
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 14 2022, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 12 2022, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 10 2022, 06:00 PM) *

Room with a view.... beerchug.gif

Oscar

Happy wife, happy life!! Where in Mexico are you? I'm going to a Wedding in Cabo, end of June.

Puerto Villarta biggrin.gif sad.gif

A beautiful all-inclusive resort, nice but 1/2 of all the wedding guests came back with food poisoning. barf.gif
The poor bride spent 1 1/2 days at a local hospital.

Don't plan on ever returning

Rather play in my garage.... beerchug.gif

Oscar

The first time i ever got food poisoning was at the Corona restaurant at the Cabo airport. I got the 3 taco special. Chicken, shrimp and steak. The wife and daughter ate the shrimp and steak taco and were fine. I ate the chicken taco and had diarrhea for almost two weeks and had to get special medication to kill it. I then googled the restaurant and there were tons of reports regarding food poisoning at this restaurant. However I still drink Corona Beer!! I also never got sick at the all inclusive hotel or local restaurants.
AZBanks
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 11 2022, 10:14 PM) *

Got tired dealing with the idiots at U-Haul - purchased a brand new 7'x17' trailer today biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Grabbed a winch at HF, hope to have it mounted and ready to transport a couple of projects within the week popcorn[1].gif

I have two cars to move to my new place ASAP. How soon can you get here tomorrow? 8 AM, 7??
AZBanks
Oh Yeah, Why didn't I work on the 914 today? Because I am prepping the new place for 2000+ sq/ft of laminate flooring. I will be doing the install and then I will be moving. No 914 work in my future other than hauling my project car from the old house to the new.
930cabman
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Apr 15 2022, 12:12 AM) *

Oh Yeah, Why didn't I work on the 914 today? Because I am prepping the new place for 2000+ sq/ft of laminate flooring. I will be doing the install and then I will be moving. No 914 work in my future other than hauling my project car from the old house to the new.

OK, I guess thats acceptable, so long as the stable will house more cars/parts
914werke
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 14 2022, 09:26 AM) *
A beautiful all-inclusive resort, nice but 1/2 of all the wedding guests came back with food poisoning. barf.gif Don't plan on ever returning
I had a similar experience in Puerto Vallarta, on my honeymoon.
Not food poisoning but a sinus infection that was hell!
When it rains there ..watch out.. its serious.
Stayed in the resort at Mismola beach or something supposedly famous for being the site of the Houston film Night of the Iguana.
Ill never go back either. dry.gif
euro911
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Apr 14 2022, 11:10 PM) *
I have two cars to move to my new place ASAP. How soon can you get here tomorrow? 8 AM, 7??
LOL laugh.gif ... I'm still stuck in So. Cal, it'll be a while before I get back out to my place in AZ dry.gif

I applied stain/weather sealer to the planks, installed an old toolbox from one my previous trailers and started on the winch installation yesterday. Will get it wired up this weekend biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 15 2022, 12:29 PM) *

. . . . . installed an old toolbox from one my previous trailers . . . . .

I've got the same Knack Toolbox from an old trailer too. aktion035.gif lol-2.gif beerchug.gif
euro911
Got a little more done today - winch all installed ... 'smoke test' tomorrow blowup.gif

Click to view attachment

Actually, I re-routed the battery cables to the other side of the box where the battery hold-down is located - no pix yet ... film at 11

Ready to thread the rope cable through (had to cut out a slot ... used up 3 Dremel cutting disks) ...

Click to view attachment

Kind of good news - I have a friend out in Riverside who has frame straightening apparatus and is willing to try to pulling HOWARD's trailing arm mounts back into place ... so the trailer's gonna be pressed into action soon aktion035.gif
914 Ranch
Smoke test, I smoked all day yesterday and might do that again today. I'm making progress on tuning it but I think because of it's size and the way that I roll it may take another day or two to get my head clear.

Click to view attachment

The thermometer said 225 but it took 4hrs for me to stop paying attentional to it and finish the chicken in the oven. The thermometer is at the very top of the chamber and at the bottom of the chamber is about 150° so I added about 30% more heat and overcooked some chicken in about 2hrs. In my other smoker it takes me about 1hr and 45 minutes to get the results that I want. Nice smoker but I think I will still finish off my ribs in the oven.

I hope you didn't find any smoke Mark....
euro911
Hey, Joe ... nice smoker drooley.gif

I decided to add an additional winch brace under the deck for good measure idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Redressed the cables and mounted the hand control socket. I thought about shortening the motor cables, but they had nice terminal ends on them, so I said - what the fv<k

Click to view attachment

Then, installed a 100Ah AGM battery & prepared for the 'smoke test'. Pulled the cable rope out to the back of the trailer, locked the drive, crossed my fingers & pulled the trigger. Works like a champ, albeit no load on the winch ... rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
I made a b-day present for a buddy's 60th.
ClayPerrine
Sinus surgery....

Click to view attachment

Not doing anything this weekend at all......

Clay
sixnotfour
Damn.. Get Well Soon .. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Jesus Clay- Take it easy and try to relax. Watch some TV or read a book until all that comes off and you can breathe normally again. beerchug.gif
Shivers
Get to feeling better soon Clay
Shivers
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 15 2022, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Apr 14 2022, 11:10 PM) *
LOL laugh.gif ... I'm still stuck in So. Cal, it'll be a while before I get back out to my place in AZ dry.gif

I applied stain/weather sealer to the planks, installed an old toolbox from one my previous trailers and started on the winch installation yesterday. Will get it wired up this weekend biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Hey Mark, nice work. That should make life easier.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 30 2022, 07:51 AM) *

Jesus Clay- Take it easy and try to relax. Watch some TV or read a book until all that comes off and you can breathe normally again. beerchug.gif

I am taking the online tutorials for Fusion 360. I need to make some brackets for the ITB setup for my engine. So, in a way I am working on my 914.

BillJ
Zmax raceway 4 lanes wide baby. I did install brake pads thiugh this morning in the 6.
KSCarrera
Drove friend's rally-prepped 911SC in local speed hillclimb event. Pretty narrow in places and reminded me how much more balanced my 914 feels compared to a 911...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
930cabman
Had been feeling crappy for a few days, went in for a test earlier and confirmed positive for covid. Hopefully won't take me down for long and I did get the vaccine
euro911
Wow, hope you boys & girls who've been getting sick and having surgeries get well soon cheer.gif

Trailer winch worked out fine ... loaded up and dropped the 912 off to get the restoration process started ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Already disassembled and sent to the the blaster this past Friday smile.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
Started the laminate floor installation in my laundry room remodel yesterday - finished it today, except for the thresholds and baseboards ... will do those after painting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Now I need to finish the drywall stuff dry.gif
Shivers
@euro911 Ha, you haven't slowed down at all. Floor looks nice, 912 looks better. smile.gif
bzettner
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 29 2022, 06:08 PM) *

I made a b-day present for a buddy's 60th.

Wow! I turned 60 in February! Hope I'm on your list of charitable b-day gifts, @tygaboy ! piratenanner.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Shivers @ May 7 2022, 06:14 PM) *
@euro911[/b]Ha, you haven't slowed down at all. Floor looks nice, 912 looks better. smile.gif
Thanks, Paul.

The 912 looks even better now LOL

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

While all that's going on remotely, I decided to rearrange to mess in the garage a little bit so I could dig out a 911 motor and transaxle that needs to get down to the restoration shop for another car.

Click to view attachment

Never a dull day around here laugh.gif
Puebloswatcop
Out traveling with the family......miss my 914
mepstein
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 29 2022, 11:36 PM) *

Sinus surgery....

Click to view attachment

Not doing anything this weekend at all......

Clay

I got it done a couple years ago for the third time. Get well quickly. beerchug.gif
KSCarrera
Got distracted driving my friend's 911 on a speed hillclimb...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Spent time drooling over my BMW E9 (3.0 CS coupe) and its freshly rebuilt 3.5 with 5-speed swap! It's running and will be on the road next week.
Not the sexiest engine compartments but this is essentially as close as you can get to the euro CSi set up and is super awesome in the E9 world.
JmuRiz
Very nice!!!
markhoward
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 28 2022, 12:31 PM) *

Spent time drooling over my BMW E9 (3.0 CS coupe) and its freshly rebuilt 3.5 with 5-speed swap! It's running and will be on the road next week.
Not the sexiest engine compartments but this is essentially as close as you can get to the euro CSi set up and is super awesome in the E9 world.

Looking good Chris! Assume she is still at the shop.
Jett
Friend brought his toy over.. bought this car for ~55k five years ago smile.gif
Cairo94507
@tygaboy - That's as clean as them come under the hood. Looking forward to seeing it in person- soon I hope. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
On the highway in northern Virginia headed south toward Bristol TN. Helping a friend move his 914 back from his daughter's house to Texaa.

Click to view attachment

We are on 81 headed south to 40. Then we will be takiy40 all the way to little rock. From there we take 30.to Dallas. If y'all see us, give us a wave!

Clay
914 Ranch
Too busy smoking RIBS today. Only did 5 racks but as always they were great. Tender, juicy some people say the best they have ever had. Over done today as they are falling apart trying to get them onto a plate.
I have been called a lier cause I told him what I do to make them so delicious and really it is so simple.
1. Cut the package open and rinse off the grunge from packing.
2. Cut them to length.
3. Put them in the smoker for 1.5 hours at 225.
4. Wrap them in tin foil and put them in the oven for 4.5 hours at 225.
5. Check them for tenderness. Cook longer if the bones don't pull easily.
The flavor doesn't come from the smoke it comes from the meat, has to do with the supplier. I have tried all of the butchers with in 30 miles of my house. And I am ashamed to say that my supplier is, God I hate this

Walmart...

My weapon of choice...

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Work in progress ...
smash.gif

euro911
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ May 29 2022, 05:29 PM) *

Too busy smoking RIBS today. Only did 5 racks but as always they were great. Tender, juicy some people say the best they have ever had. Over done today as they are falling apart trying to get them onto a plate.
I have been called a lier cause I told him what I do to make them so delicious and really it is so simple.
1. Cut the package open and rinse off the grunge from packing.
2. Cut them to length.
3. Put them in the smoker for 1.5 hours at 225.
4. Wrap them in tin foil and put them in the oven for 4.5 hours at 225.
5. Check them for tenderness. Cook longer if the bones don't pull easily.
The flavor doesn't come from the smoke it comes from the meat, has to do with the supplier. I have tried all of the butchers with in 30 miles of my house. And I am ashamed to say that my supplier is, God I hate this

Walmart...

My weapon of choice...

Click to view attachment

Miss your Bar-B-Q get togethers, Joe. jsharp.gif

beerchug.gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 05:20 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

Looks interesting are you trying to make a tesla 914?
914e
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 06:20 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

Chip tester? are you recovering roms?
SirAndy
QUOTE(914e @ May 31 2022, 01:25 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

Got back to my 8-bit roots and got myself a bunch of early commodore 64s, including several rare very early "silver label" machines.
Been collecting replacement chips but the early ones from '82 are hard to find and chances are they don't work anymore.

That's what the chip tester is for, it can test several hundred different types of old chips as well as burn old eproms. Anything you can find in an old c64 is supported.
type.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2022, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914e @ May 31 2022, 01:25 PM) *

Work in progress ...
smash.gif

Got back to my 8-bit roots and got myself a bunch of early commodore 64s, including several rare very early "silver label" machines.
Been collecting replacement chips but the early ones from '82 are hard to find and chances are they don't work anymore.

That's what the chip tester is for, it can test several hundred different types of old chips as well as burn old eproms. Anything you can find in an old c64 is supported.
type.gif

SYS647380
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 1 2022, 05:07 AM) *
SYS647380

@ClayPerrine
You're off by a magnitude of 10. The c64 only has 64k of RAM.

I'm guessing you meant SYS 64738 which is the Power-On Reset Routine that is vectored through $FFFC.
biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 1 2022, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 1 2022, 05:07 AM) *
SYS647380

@ClayPerrine
You're off by a magnitude of 10. The c64 only has 64k of RAM.

I'm guessing you meant SYS 64738 which is the Power-On Reset Routine that is vectored through $FFFC.
biggrin.gif

Yep.. added an extra zero on the end. headbang.gif

Had a PET, a VIC20, a C64 and a C128. I even had two disk drives, a modem(with a compuserve account) and a dot matrix printer. Yep I am slits.gif

euro911
Cleaned up and primed* some 912 parts . *Priming to keep rust at bay until I can get the suspension & steering parts to a reputable powder-coater.

Click to view attachment

Normally, I'd blast the parts myself, but unfortunately, my bead-blast and soda-blast cabinets are both in AZ, and I'm stuck in CA for the foreseeable future dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Had to straighten out a bent flange on one of the control arms ... a vice and a 5 lb. sledge hammer did the trick wink.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Also started disassembling a spare passenger side door I had in the shed. The body shop is going to use it to replace the outer skin on my original door, rather than deal with some previous damage repairs & Bondo sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.