Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
ValcoOscar
Trying to finish up my guesthouse in my spare time so I can focus on Chucky after WCR

Keeping my fingers crossed I can make WCR

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

euro911
My old floor jack stopped working a couple years ago, so I finally took it apart to find out why.

The main piston seal appeared to be the main culprit, but I replaced all the o-rings and other seals "while I was in there" cool_shades.gif

Click to view attachment

While apart, cleaned, primed and painted some of the pieces to freshen up it's appearance as well

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

All reassembled with the new color combo - just in time for Halloween rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment
Shivers

@euro911 Where did you get your parts Mark? My spare is no longer a spare.
euro911
https://www.hcrcnow.com/
mb911
Started working on the 928.. 914 is in storageClick to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
Jett
Building a new garage for the teeners… 12 months in and no end in sight sad.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 15 2021, 07:54 AM) *

Had to replace 3 clay flue liners, re-lay 4 courses of stone and build up a new cap for our fireplace stack. A few days work, weather was perfect, and saved a nice stack of C-notes doing it myself.

Perfect, now we can use a few of the C notes for the 914 fund.
Shivers
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 16 2021, 08:01 AM) *

Building a new garage for the teeners… 12 months in and no end in sight sad.gif

Just pretend you'll be in penalty in three weeks. Someone will start yelling at you to get it done. biggrin.gif
sb914
Tiled our patio and fire pit .
piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 18 2021, 11:44 AM) *

Tiled our patio and fire pit .
piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

that is nice!!! drooley.gif
Shivers
Nice
KSCarrera
Got a little sidetracked... 1958 Itom Super Sport Competizione, 49cc of Italian muscle. Needs recommissioning after a 30+ year lay-off following a rebuild and storage. A man can't have too many toys, right?

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Keith, that looks like a fun project!
wonkipop
cause it was a shite day.
1st day of freedom after officially world's longest lockdown - comment no further as it could stray into political. schtum.

took a walk down into the post apocalypse central business district.
what does a 20 storey glass curtain wall office building look like after no one has cleaned windows for 1.5 years. cobwebs. lots of cob webs. 20 storeys high. blink.gif

no driving - needed exercise.
---and-----1000s of kooks on roads who have forgotten how to drive.
bad idea to be out in that - driving dementia + wet greasy roads = wrecks X the square root of stupidity.

but at pedestrian pace stumbled on this just on the edge of the down town.
genuine piece of aussie-cana.
original.
early to mid 80s aussie ford fairlane.
i fell over.

love fords. henry ford = ferdinand porsche.? model T = volkswagen?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Oct 21 2021, 04:21 AM) *

Got a little sidetracked... 1958 Itom Super Sport Competizione, 49cc of Italian muscle. Needs recommissioning after a 30+ year lay-off following a rebuild and storage. A man can't have too many toys, right?

Click to view attachment

beautiful.
anderssj
Probably should have driven the 914 today, but "Olle the road worrier" deserved a good wash and brush-up after the latest trip to MN and back.

Click to view attachment

Trip up saw 22.8 mpg average over 1495 miles while pulling a 4x8 UHaul. Return trip was a little shorter (no trailer so we took a few shortcuts), 1434 miles at 29.7 mpg average. Not too bad for a car that rolled over 234567 miles during the trip piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

914werke
Helped my son work on his Audi... what a POS. I think I hurt my back.
Jett
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 23 2021, 06:23 PM) *

Sorry to hear about your back, but with the number of 914’s you have on the property why does he drive an Audi smile.gif?
euro911
Need to run some parts for my 911 down to the restoration shop where the car is. The heat exchangers were pretty grungy, so I spent a little time cleaning them up a bit before I load them up in my truck.

I should have snapped some before pix (they looked really bad) ... but heres the end result.

Click to view attachment

Later in the day, I turned the water to the back house off to replace some shower valves while our tenant was out of town for the w/e. Easy enough task for an amateur.

When I went to turn back on - the stem on the old main supply valve had broken off in the closed position sad.gif ... so a friend (who's a real plumber, and my tenant's dad) stopped by and fixed the problem aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Shivers
Up to that point it was a good day.

Good thing thing the Landlord fixed it...Oh wait
914werke
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 23 2021, 07:28 PM) *
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 23 2021, 06:23 PM) *
Sorry to hear about your back, but with the number of 914’s you have on the property why does he drive an Audi smile.gif?
Good question. happy11.gif I tried my best to get him to "see the light" but he wanted something more "modern & sporting" irony is he has more problems with that "modern" car that I will typically have with a 50 yr old classic. rolleyes.gif

sixnotfour
If you say it right.. Outdi Here...
sb914
Click to view attachment another
sb914
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
I'm not good at managing more than one project at a time and REALLY mean to keep focus on the 914. But I keep getting distracted by the 3.0CS. So I fabbed up some adaptor plates to test fit the desperately-in-need-of-rebuilding Recaro LS seats.
VegasRacer
Started a new part-time job. biggrin.gif

My office. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

I will be working one weekend a month as a Safety Marshall at Spring Mountain Motorsports.

For those of you who know my Golf Cart history, hide.gif . . . .
Don't worry. happy11.gif This time they gave me something safer to drive.
Click to view attachment
SKL1
Because first I watched the F1 pre-race and race, then watched my Packers lose... but my "adopted" hometeam, the Cardinals did win...

Finishing reinstalling the transaxle, linkage, etc on the '71 tomorrow- does that count?
914 Ranch
F-82, almost done...

Click to view attachment

Still a couple of weeks out. I won't be able to fly it by then as I won't have enough flite time in yet.
Shivers
I was invited to help fabricate a flag mount for a HD. Had a good time and owner was happy. Gets chromed this week.

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Put away for the winter
mad.gif
ValcoOscar
No work on 914's, but put a few miles on each of these after a quick wash.

driving.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
914e
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 11 2021, 02:16 PM) *

No work on 914's, but put a few miles on each of these after a quick wash.

driving.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

With that fleet washing could take the whole weekend.
SO.O.C914er
Surfers may have a quiver of different surfboards for different conditions. Oscar has a quiver of Porsche for different levels of fun! av-943.gif av-943.gif
mb911
Working on installing new lift and organizing the garage. Next winter the 914 will be able to stay home with the 928. Click to view attachment
GBX0073
Final F1 race for 2021

My equivalent to the Super Bowl

Happy Max won the season !!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Dec 12 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Surfers may have a quiver of different surfboards for different conditions. Oscar has a quiver of Porsche for different levels of fun! av-943.gif av-943.gif

Just looking makes me quiver.
bzettner
...because my Boxster needed some exercise! driving.gif piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 12 2021, 06:22 PM) *

Working on installing new lift and organizing the garage. Next winter the 914 will be able to stay home with the 928. Click to view attachment

Ben how is the 928 coming along, any progess? i know the muffler stuff is keeping you busy.

Phil
mb911
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 13 2021, 05:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 12 2021, 06:22 PM) *

Ben how is the 928 coming along, any progess? i know the muffler stuff is keeping you busy.

Phil

Phil,

I have 95% of the parts. I need to work on it this week. I need to paint a bit of the engine bay before reinstall of the harness takes place along with the radiator. Over the next month I should have it about ready to fire up. Need to drain the gas as well. Ugh..
Jamie
I've been making cup and ball toys, also called baleros, on the lathe for my several "rental" grandchildren. An easy project that is not plastic and doesn't require batteries!
Jett
QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 13 2021, 01:19 PM) *

I've been making cup and ball toys, also called baleros, on the lathe for my several "rental" grandchildren. An easy project that is not plastic and doesn't require batteries!

That’s great!
Gatornapper
Cause I'm really tied up working on my '80 924 Turbo (aka 931) to get it running this week.

Fuel tank flushed, new fuel pump, flushing lines this week, have new injectors as originals could not be cleaned; all new rear brakes, new timing belt, idler pulley, water pump, coolant, alt. belt, new clutch master cylinder all in, new slave cylinder in tomorrow & much more.........

IPB Image

GN
Jamie
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Dec 13 2021, 05:42 PM) *

Cause I'm really tied up working on my '80 924 Turbo (aka 931) to get it running this week.

Fuel tank flushed, new fuel pump, flushing lines this week, have new injectors as originals could not be cleaned; all new rear brakes, new timing belt, idler pulley, water pump, coolant, alt. belt, new clutch master cylinder all in, new slave cylinder in tomorrow & much more.........

IPB Image

GN

This looks like a "jack of all trades" shop! chowtime.gif
914 Ranch
Running some electrical stuff for the compressor, welders and some outlets in the garage. Got the box open and am ready start shoving the wires in the boxes.

Click to view attachment

Now I have the ability to run outlets anywhere I want, oh and more lights too.
Root_Werks
While the 914 is in the body shop draining my retirement account, I have some time to work on other projects.

Installed a Freeway Flyer Tranny in my Bug. SO much nicer on the open road now.

driving.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Dec 12 2021, 05:31 PM) *

Final F1 race for 2021

My equivalent to the Super Bowl

Happy Max won the season !!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Mad Max... he drives like an idiot and is going to kill someone one day. He almost broke Hamilton's neck at the one race.

And the rain race shouldn't have counted for even half points. A few laps under yellow is not a race.

Just my $.02

I used to be a Haas fan. Being a Haas fan is like being a fan of the Cleveland Browns fan in 2017. You watch knowing they are going to come in 19th and 20th... that is assuming they finish. I supported Haas because they were an American team in a sport where the United States is sorely underrepresented. But they have sold out and now are a Russian team.

So I watch it for the drivers. Alonzo, Ricciardo, Perez.

I dislike Max because he acts like, and drives like a dick.

Somebody needs to convince Roger Penske that he needs an F1 team.

Clay
Jett
Having the new concrete floors in the garage sanded and polished… takes 10 days… had no idea.
Gatornapper
Jamie!

YOU WIN THE TOASTER!

How did you know? What gave it away? You name it - it gets worked on here. I'd say 40/40 motorcycles/cars, but then anything/everything else.

Need to pass a couple bikes - 6 bikes & 3 Porsches is too many......

GN

QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 14 2021, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Dec 13 2021, 05:42 PM) *

GN

This looks like a "jack of all trades" shop! chowtime.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.