Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Official Project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
RiqueMar
Completely took apart the horns, and painted them.
IPB Image

Took of the Light motors of a 75, and made em' look nice. I was really disappointed the black rubber covers off the later cars didnt fit sad.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

Cleaned the air system, and the wiper motor....
IPB Image

Looks really good in the sun. I think it's a different Orange than Sig. Orange though?
IPB Image
VOX
sweet! progress! i guess because its summer time right? we will soon be able to continue our project as well, my last finals tomorrow. hopefully both of us will finish before summers over and can take a cruise.
Gint
Nice work! Looks great.
RiqueMar
For that drive, I'm thinking LA to SD along the coast?

Thanks Gint!
RiqueMar
I have a dash.... kinda. Sorry for the crappy photos, I took them with my iPhone while doing the dash.

I decided to not use foam under the cover, because I want it to look a bit sharper, rather than 'cushy'.

Had to sand out a few bumps.
IPB Image

The patient is ready...
IPB Image

Spray adhesive...
IPB Image

My Dad and I rubbing it down and cutting....
IPB Image

The finished product this morning!
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Some movement!

And we are undercoating as we speak! These pictures are fresh! Be back in a few mins!

Updated Windows!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Added the fog lamps and horn that I sandblasted and painted!
IPB Image

Sandblasted/painted turn signals!
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Finally almost done with the undercoating! And some really good taping if I might say so!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Inside is done done!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Our setup for doing the bottom, as it is in the middle...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Last pics for tonight. I have some from underneath that you will see tomorrow, and we will also see how it looks once it has dried and in the sunlight.

IPB Image

Also, did the inside of the rear hood a few days ago, not the best pic, because the tape is still on the orange....
IPB Image
RiqueMar

I think it looks really good!

This is the pic I just took about 5 min ago on my phone!

IPB Image
MDG
Looking good - color is great! What are you using for undercoating?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 12 2009, 10:17 AM) *

Looking good - color is great! What are you using for undercoating?

Dyna-Pro by Dynatron, #544.

I love it really, and it really helps to deaden sound. However, I'm still considering using Dynamat as well
tat2dphreak
wow, I just got caught up and read the whole thread! great job!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 12 2009, 11:01 AM) *

wow, I just got caught up and read the whole thread! great job!

Thanks! More pics coming in 5 min!
Derek Seymour
I'm jealous... she's looking really sweet!

RiqueMar
Seat bracket, sand blasted and repainted.

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Just now I opened up the doors, and sprayed some undercoating in there. I really want to avoid rust, and not worry about driving the car in the rain. Also, I think this plus some dynamat, will be good steps towards making it quite.

I took some pictures, but of course, the iPhone died... dry.gif

Basically, since I have the later reinforced doors, it's undercoating from the bars down.
RiqueMar
So today, we took a break from the car and did a coast run in the 355, awesome.

Afterwards, we dug out the 5 lug trailing arms. Those are going on tomorrow. Also, pulled the sheet metal out, and that will be going to powder coat on Monday.
RiqueMar
Ok! So I got the pictures from my iPhone!

These are from yesterday. As you probably know after reading, I updated the doors to 75's because they are reinforced. These pictures are of us spraying undercoating inside the doors. I was going to do them on the inner door, but then I would have trouble putting on the handles. I think I'm going to do Dynamat too.

IPB Image
IPB Image
nsr-jamie
Wow! This is a cool project! Looking really good too, love it!!!
Lou W
Very nice job beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
Thanks guys! I really like your 72 in Japan!

More pictures from today! Painted the rest of the inside of the doors, I really like how they look, nice and complete. My Dad actually undercoated the outer part of the doors, but actually had a lot of trouble reattaching things because of the thickness, so this led me to simply paint this part....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Found the 5 lugs! Just need a little cleaning up!

IPB Image

Going to start putting the windows together. Darker tint, and blacking out the chrome.

IPB Image

Lookin' pretty good!

IPB Image
RiqueMar
As of right now, I'm looking at two sets of trailing arms, the ones pictured below, and another set that is reinforced. I'm not sure what I'll go with, and I have to decide today.

IPB Image

RiqueMar
Got my hood and trunk shocks! Yay!!!

IPB Image

Today, I sanded down the vent window chromed bars. I don't want them to be chrome. Pictures to come tomorrow morning!

RiqueMar
Ok, so as I said last night, on my car, I don't much car for the chrome vents.

here is a picture of what I was working with....

IPB Image

Completely disassembled the actual chrome parts, it's rather easy, just remove the two bolts....

IPB Image

Sanded down the whole post with 220....

IPB Image

In this picture, you can actually see the high spots on the post....

IPB Image

And painted. I don't know if I like this finish, or a more matte one....

IPB Image
my928s4
I like the way you finished off the inside of the doors black, nice.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(my928s4 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:41 AM) *

I like the way you finished off the inside of the doors black, nice.

Thanks, yeah, I think it is one of those small things that really looks nice, and it makes the undercoating inside the door look nicer.

I was just looking at your Project Thread, I really like your progress.
RiqueMar
Look what I found! Soon to be black to match the bumpers!

IPB Image
RiqueMar
2 things to add to today, I'm not finished for the day yet, but I thought I would take a break, and then really organize all my parts to see what extra parts I have, and what I need to order.

I know organizing is gonna suck, but I figure if I take a few hours to do it now, I'll be done with it, and wont have to step over stuff anymore.

Anyway, first thing for today is that the 23mm Master Cyl. came in, which was pretty cool. I don't know why the picture I took has an orange glow on it, but the part is brand new.

IPB Image

The next is that I painted under the dash to get rid of all that overspray.

IPB Image
VOX
i dont care for the chrome pieces either, i'm going to paint them more of a matte color tho. probably a satin black.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(VOX @ Jun 16 2009, 08:32 PM) *

i dont care for the chrome pieces either, i'm going to paint them more of a matte color tho. probably a satin black.

SEM paint works awesome, trim black.
RiqueMar
Updates:

I don't know if you saw my other thread, but I made a little adjustment on the seats.....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

And BAM! Rique has an adjustable seat.
6freak
Dude your kick`n ass looks great
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 18 2009, 05:07 PM) *

agree.gif great job!!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 18 2009, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 18 2009, 05:07 PM) *

agree.gif great job!!

Thanks guys, I just hope it holds up in a crash, otherwise I'll need to get a new girlfriend!
RiqueMar
Went to a crazy concert this weekend, so I didnt get any work done on the car, however, today I was able to grab a few things.....

Torsion bars!
IPB Image

Reinforced suspension.....
IPB Image
IPB Image

Oh, and this off a 75'.....
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Some new additions. Reinforced rear suspension. They weren't in that bad of shape, so i just barely touched them up.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Also, Joe has started Wet sanding. Once he gets around this area, I will be adding all the stuff under the cowl, plus air system and fuel system.

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Cleaned all the engine rubber....

IPB Image

This is what they looked like before...
IPB Image

And the water after I got done cleaning them....
IPB Image

Do they normally staple these together???
IPB Image
geniusanthony
Great progress Rique, I truly wish I had the time to take on what you have. Keep up the good work man...
RiqueMar
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Jul 2 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Great progress Rique, I truly wish I had the time to take on what you have. Keep up the good work man...

Thanks! I just want to get it on the road now so I can meet more people with 914s.
RiqueMar

Some pictures of the result of wet sanding. These dont do any justice, as they where just taken from my iPhone.

I'll take more tomorrow with the Canon.

IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Came in today to see the the rear suspension I painted last night is lookin' good.

IPB Image
RiqueMar
I FINALLY won an auction on Ebay, and I'm glad it's this one!

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Also, cleaning out the office, look what I found!

IPB Image
PanelBilly

That's what I need, a car I can finish in a weekend
RiqueMar
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 3 2009, 02:30 PM) *
That's what I need, a car I can finish in a weekend

I know how you feel Billy. How are you doing? I think we are at about the same area on our builds.
RiqueMar
My newest win on Ebay....

Also, the Euro tail lights came in today, and they have good housings as well!

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Finally got in some time to work on the car today, about a good 4 hours. Joe worked on the front hood, laying down the last layer of Polyester.

Also, did something different with thte back hood, think it looks really cool. Pictures to come.

Alsio disassembled the Euro Tail lights, and cleaned and resprayed the housings.

Pics on the way...
RiqueMar
As promised, pictures.

Got the new tail lights and cleaned them out. Lots of overspray of many different colors. Painted the inside silver, and it's pretty reflective!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.