Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Official Project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
FourBlades

Great project...keep the pictures coming.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

So what engine are you getting?

John
RiqueMar
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Mar 13 2009, 07:25 PM) *

Great project...keep the pictures coming.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

So what engine are you getting?

John

I think I might have fallen victim to my Dads bribe, and I'll go Orange and get the 2.2 (he wants two Orange 6's).

Either that, or a 2.0

I'm excited!

My plan is to have it done by April 20th, my bday
nein14
Nice Job aktion035.gif

what seats are they?
RiqueMar
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
al weidman

How do you open the photo bucket pictures?
jcambo7
QUOTE(al weidman @ Mar 19 2009, 12:56 AM) *

How do you open the photo bucket pictures?

I'm wondering the same thing. A lot of them say its been moved or deleted. Sad cuz I would like to see all the progess of the work and not just part of it. poke.gif
RiqueMar
Unfortunatly, Photobucket is being a jerk. I had all my pictures of my project in a general folder. Deciding that I wanted to be more organized, I put them in a specific folder, this caused them to be seen as 'moved'. I'll post them back.

For now, here's more...
RiqueMar
Joe adding some primer to the front, I hope to get the front portion under the bumper covered in Rubberized undercoating.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Painted trunk, I want to do Rubberized Undercoating here too, and leave it black, despite the color of the car.

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Forgot to add these from Friday.

Got under the wheels, took off the front suspension, and got at that old undercoating!

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Pictures of the 2.0L that was came with the car. Totally rebuilt with alot of new goodies, came with the car...... Anyone need a 2L with all paperwork?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
The new Engine that is going in it. I think it's a 2.0L-6?

I'll know tonight when my Dad gets back.

More pics to come tonight, as for now, gotta run to the Airport.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Some pictures of the polyester application...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
So as of today, I have One month until I hear birthday3.gif

I really have to haul ass in the next thirty days so I can get this done!

Moving on, the end result of the Polyester on the back fenders and top...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
VOX
good luck! i hope you finish on time!
So.Cal.914
I like this guy, spring break and he's humping on his teener. smash.gif hands.gif blowtorch.gif whip[1].gif welder.gif blowup.gif sawzall-smiley.gif Keep up the fine work, it should be a great car.
RiqueMar
Haha, yeah. My 914 is def the important Girlfriend.

Well, we started on the doors yesterday (sorry I forgot to update yesterday). Brief overview. We took the doors off our 75 Sim project, and slapped them on mine. They turned out to be really good with little paint and great primer, so much so that we used this as a base.

Also, I'll have pictures in a bit of a one of my favorite parts. Took some of my Dads 911 mirrors, and plan to put them on the 914. Used the old doors as a mock up, and found a different way to do it, atleast from what I've seen.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Ok, so, the mirrors.

IPB Image

I've never really liked the stock ones, so those are out. Grabbed some of Dads 911's and did a mock up on the old doors, and Joe welded the original holes for the stock ones shut.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

Took of the bottom supports, and I plan on doing this a little differently than I have seen. Me and my Dad did a dry run on the old doors....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Todays list.

Polyester-ed the front Driver fender/Door. Looked AWESOME, so awesome, that I brought out the old tires (which are being replaced by 6's and 7's) just to see what it looked like.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Also, got the rear suspension off, and it will be ground down tomorrow.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Oh, and of course, can't forget when the doro decided to ever-so-slightly open, and just barely touch the Forklift. headbang.gif

IPB Image
RiqueMar

Moving on, started taking apart the Rear suspension. The Haynes manual wasn't much help, so I kinda had to figure it out.

Oh, and of course, the Compressor isn't turning on for some reason, so bead blasting the Rear Suspension is out of the question.... stromberg.gif dry.gif
RiqueMar
Finally moving again....

We are SANDBLASTING today kids!

Joe is so happy, he thinks my lid is a Guitar!

IPB Image

More pictures to come in a few min!
RiqueMar

Our.....um...... "Sandblasting Booth" ... thank you Waste Management...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

A little repair.....
IPB Image

Oh yeah, we took out the windshield....
IPB Image
charliew
Your door had a small flat area where the forklift got to it anyway. I feel sorry for that poor guy in that closed area sandblasting with no air movement. He must like you a lot.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 24 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Your door had a small flat area where the forklift got to it anyway. I feel sorry for that poor guy in that closed area sandblasting with no air movement. He must like you a lot.

Huh?

He has a mask. He'll live. Lol.
RiqueMar
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Again, we thank WM!

IPB Image
IPB Image
dlo914
LOL...keep up the good work. Lets hope we both finish in time for WCR!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Mar 24 2009, 11:45 PM) *

LOL...keep up the good work. Lets hope we both finish in time for WCR!

Haha, we'll race to finish FOR WCR, and then race AT WCR.
RiqueMar
By the way, this is what I look like... bootyshake.gif
RiqueMar
So we finally headed out last night around Midnight. Fortunatly, we still have the sandblaster here, so I think I'll accidentally forget to return it and hit the engine bay.

I know, I know, I should have done this in the first place, but really, we are only hitting the REALLY hard areas, like that space between the front fenders and the windshield, or inside the air vent just below the windshield. But I really wanna smooth out the sanding I did in the engine bay and make it look just that much better, even though I'll be doing RU in there.

Ordering paint today too! Yeah, I FINALLY decided on a color!

Some pictures to keep you busy when you should be WORKING!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ssstikircr
Still got a ways to go... but keep up the good work!!
popcorn[1].gif
RiqueMar
Update of todays work:

Broke out both the front and the rear hood, Joe is working on them as we speak. We decided to spot weld the beams on the undersides, as this makes it much stronger and harder to cause a crease lest someone push down on my rear. Also, put a ton of aluma-lead on the top of the trunk for the same reason.

I hate it when that happens. ar15.gif

Joe is beating out the front hood and gonna seal up those emblem holes, though I plan on making more later...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
jc914
Keep up the good work popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(jc914 @ Mar 25 2009, 05:59 PM) *

Keep up the good work popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Well, I don't know if it's GOOD work, hahhaha!

26 days until 21st Birthday....
RiqueMar
Some pictures of the Engine Lid, and the Hood. Deleted the *cough* crooked *cough* holes made by the PO, addes Aluma-Lead and Bondo to both....

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Apparently, I may need a new front hood. Atleast since my Father is a Porsche freak, we don't have any shortage, but still.

headbang.gif

Stuff is getting done, bondo sanded. As for tonight, I have to help the JDM guys down the way do some vynl for their cars, their going to Willow tomorrow. driving.gif
VOX
why a new hood? damn we need to catch up, we havnt even started our drivetrain yet, then theres the wiring we gotta tackle. im still working on striping/painting the trunks. havnt even started to bondo/prep the exterior for paint.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(VOX @ Mar 26 2009, 03:43 PM) *

why a new hood? damn we need to catch up, we havnt even started our drivetrain yet, then theres the wiring we gotta tackle. im still working on striping/painting the trunks. havnt even started to bondo/prep the exterior for paint.

Yeah, I'm here at the shop all day, and when I'm not working on the car, the body guy is.

The support that is under the hood caused a ripple, and I might need a lot of bondo if we cant straighten it out more. Things might be looking up though, I'll know in a few hours.

I'm avoiding the wiring. When I was originally taking out the tar from the cabin floor, I was using a Blow torch, before I discovered the magic of Dry Ice. I'm pretty sure I passed over the harness a few times.

As for the trunks, I would just recommend getting about a gallon of painted rubberized undercoating, and spraying the trunk, I think it looks really nice. But of course, thats only if your sure there's no rust.
3d914
It's lookin very good!

Be sure to invest plenty of time in that wiring harness. None of the four 914's I've owned were without some wild and crazy re-wiring tricks by the PO's. That would make an interesting post - What was the craziest electrical mod made by the PO?

I must have spent nearly 12 hours on the engine harness for my SHO V6 conversion. And that's the smallest of the three harnesses I need to go through.

Enjoy!
RiqueMar
I'm starting to slow down. But I plan on putting this back into the gear I was in.... tomorrow, lol.

Primed the rear hood today, it looks really good.

Tomorrow, Suspension is getting painted and put back on. As is the Rear Suspension. All this, while Joe finishes the door, both hoods, and engine lid, and seam seals the jams and the trunk. I'm not compromising, that all will be done tomorrow.

Oh! Helped out some of the JDM Guys down the way with some vinyl, check it out! But first, the Hood!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Some of the vinyl that I whipped out, I did it mirrored, so it looks like you are looking through the car.....

IPB Image
IPB Image

RiqueMar
I know I shouldn't, but I really must brag and tell SOMEBODY! Apparently, the Porsche Gods decided to give Enrique an early Birthday present. pray.gif

pray.gif Bilstein Shocks
pray.gif 911 SC Calipers
pray.gif 911 Steering

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Painter didn't show up yesterday.... and today he's 30 min late and still no show.....

dry.gif

RiqueMar
I needed to get under the car, but I didnt feel like being on my back all day....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Also, got under the car to finish off the spots with bad undercoating...

IPB Image

Before

IPB Image

After

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Painted under the trunk, will do undercoating as well!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Also got the bottom of the Lid!

IPB Image

Things where so much fun, the Girlfriend wanted to get into some Sandblasting!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
SGB
very sweet.

gonna be a nice car too. smile.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SGB @ Mar 29 2009, 08:49 PM) *

very sweet.

gonna be a nice car too. smile.gif

I hope so, I've been putting in 10-12 hour days on it to get it ready.

3 weeks!

RiqueMar
Finally, an update.

i've been super busy with school, hopefully, I'm only a week away from a minor Political Science degree.

Now, onto the important stuff.

Car is painted, as is the engine bay undercoated along with the trunk, etc.

One side is wet sanded, and the engine just need the tin put on it.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
jonferns
Looking awesome dude! Can't wait to see more progress. beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
Stuff is coming together! And all my sandblasted and repainted parts are really looking good!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.