Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Official Project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
KELTY360
That is just wrong!
roadster fan
Well,in my experience Walmart has terrific surviellance cameras and it is easy to match up sales transactions with the video, especially if you have the reciept! If they paid with a debit card even better!

Pass on the info to your friendly po-po and make sure you follow up with them to keep them motivated!

Some parents are gonna be pissed when they get that cleanup and repair BILL! Good luck!

Jim
siverson
> WTF.gif
> Somebody doesn't like you! blink.gif

I agree! WTF?!?!

-Steve
RiqueMar
Luckily, the cops caught the guys, and here's the story....

After our cars were vandalized last week, we put up security cameras that cover the entire house, and 1 of 2 entries to our neighborhood. At about 4am, you see a lifted truck pull up and park across the street, and about 3 seconds later, an SUV pulls up. After that, you see 3-4 guys saunter over and proceed to spray paint the hell out of the Smart car. No rush at all, and they even sit around by the cars for a few minutes shooting the breeze.

After they tagged our Car, the Cops picked them up egging a house about 15 minutes later, and didn't catch on that they had been doing this and spray painting other cars. they took down their information, and released them to their parents.

Fast forward to 10am the next morning when we see the car, call the cops, and see the video. We also found a receipt from Wal-Mart from Midnight, all crumpled up, showing someone purchasing spray paint, 5 dozen eggs, masks, eggs, etc. The Cops take the receipt, the video, information, and our case number from LAST week, as it's pretty obvious from the video that they where specifically targeting us.

As of yet, the kids have only been cited for throwing eggs at cars, however, the evidence technician (CSI) has our tape, the Wal-Mart cashiers tape, and the Wal-Mart parking lot tape that show the same suspects in the same cars. Furthermore, the CSI has checked the tapes from Wal-Mart from last week, and it just so happens that the group was there as well.

So as of right now, they are getting all the evidence together and getting ready to bring a case against these guys. Turns out, anything over $400.00 damage is a Felony offense, so in the mean time, we have to gather all our receipts for a 914 interior and door respray, new panels and body work on a Smart car, a new Ferrari hood and paint, and garage door damage.

In the end, I'm glad they caught the guys, but ti's just another pain-in-the-ass to deal with.
Cairo94507
RiqueMar- I am so happy to hear they caught the assholes. Please take the time to document the damage thoroughly. Make sure you have some nice photos of the damage as well as the repair estimates.

Once everything is repaired forward all of those receipts (copies) to the police officer dealing with your case and be sure to put your case number on the items in the event they are misplaced.

Find out who at the District Attorney's Office is assigned the matter once charges are filed and call them personally and let them know you are wiling to cooperate in the prosecution of these assholes and ask if their is anything else they will need for a successful prosecution. If you remain vigilant about the case, they will be less likely to drop the case down to a misdemeanor to resolve it with restitution.

If you haven't already done so, seriously consider requesting a restraining order to keep these kids away from your property, 100 yards or something. Whatever their issues are with you or your family, you don't want/need them coming by your place, ever. TRO's can now be had for 10 years I believe. Inquire of the police to find out what cars these kids have so you can set your cameras to catch street traffic and the cars these kids drive should they be so stupid as to come by again. Every time they come by once a restraining order is in effect is a misdemeanor violation and judges have been know to sentence those consecutively when warranted.

I love that you installed a security system that provided evidence for the prosecution of these disrespectful, irresponsible pieces of crap.

Best wishes my friend.
76-914
Damn Ricky, lo siento and I'm glad they caught the guys. Now you know why Tigers eat their young. beerchug.gif I got run over one time and the cops caught the guy before I went into surgery. No shit. Those guys are amazing.
RiqueMar
Thanks guys! I'm glad we caught them too, and all that stuff is over with.

As for the car, I literally have a month before Rennsport, so it's full speed ahead whenever I'm not at work, which is basically from 3pm until 9pm, and even then I'm still 'available' dry.gif

I've been working on the hard oil line for the engine. Originally, I was simply going to get a converter for the oil inlet on the bottom of the engine and run the stock /6 oil line, however, I'm concerned about oil volume, as my engine is a 2.9 where-as the stock /6 was 2.0.

After trying to find a few alternatives, and effectively getting 'blown off' by the guys at Patrick Motorsports, even after I bluntly told them, "Look, what do you recommend? Tell me, and I'll buy it....' I decided to-hell-with-it and I'm making my own. bootyshake.gif

So here we go....

My main issues regarding the hard oil lines are:
-Volume
-Adaptors
-Space limitations (due to me using stock HE's)
-Alignment (clutch cables, shift rods, etc).

At first, I thought I would simply use braided lines with a 90 or 45 degree connector, as I've seen this done, but that runs me right into the HE's and is really loose. At that point, I realized that many of the photos where I have seen this done, the author of the conversion was running headers, which give you significant more space.

The next approach was using an oil line off a 3.2 engine, as it is the correct fitting to go into the bottom of the engine, and follows a very similar routing to the stock /6. However, this again had issues, as I would have to 'ding in' the HE sheet metal about 1/2' on the left side (acceptable and still maintaining stock look) but more importantly, the tube ran right in front of the shift rod outlet, which killed that plan all-togther.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Just before I was about to say 'screw it' and go with headers, I resolved to try a hybrid idea by cutting the bigger oil line shorter just below the chain tensioners, welding a fitting onto the end (an adaptor for braided lines) and running the braided line to a thermostat mounted on the body on the passenger side, in preparation for when I eventually put in an oil cooler. For the time being, the thermostat ( which will be located where the Fuel Pump is currently, see pictures) will have one line going into it from the oil tank, then a 'U-turn' on the other side, to redirect to the exit, where it will go into the engine.

I'm not completely finished, as I have to weld on the fitting today, however, I've cut the tube, rolled in the HE sheet metal, and mocked everything up. OFr good measure, I sandblasted and rinsed out the oil line and had it sitting overnight in the part cleaner to get rid of any metal scraps, gunk, or sand.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Scott S
So................... was it fun building that line? So much fun that you are just craving to build another one?
wink.gif bye1.gif biggrin.gif

Had a similar experience with PM last month. All I wanted to know was if they could build thier short hard line with a metric fitting where it meets the soft line. Tried 3 times - no call back.

I want things nice and tidy undernieth, and I am concerend about having a soft line next to the headers, or having it sag.

All joking aside, if you are interested in making another, I would love to chat with you about it.

Great work!
mepstein
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 5 2011, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 5 2011, 05:44 AM) *

They changed the orientation with the SC.

You want a stock 914/6 hard line? .... have one in the garage.

I actually do have one, but I'm concerned about the line diameter, my reason being that the original /6 was a 2.0, whereas mines a 2.9, thus the conversion to braided...

Any thoughts?

And by the way.... Now that the engine is in, can I finally pop this on? I've had it for about 2-3 years!

IPB Image

I have one set aside too. smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 14 2011, 12:19 PM) *

So................... was it fun building that line? So much fun that you are just craving to build another one?

Had a similar experience with PM last month. All I wanted to know was if they could build thier short hard line with a metric fitting where it meets the soft line. Tried 3 times - no call back.

I want things nice and tidy undernieth, and I am concerend about having a soft line next to the headers, or having it sag.

All joking aside, if you are interested in making another, I would love to chat with you about it.

Great work!

Here's a PMS 914-6 oil line. It was listed for $38 on ebay so I bought it. I think it was supposed to be $138. I think it could be made locally. I've called PMS before and Jim Patrick called back and sent info I asked for. Seemed very nice and patient with me on the phone.

Still wondering if the stock 914-6 hardline will work with a 3.2? Since the Cararra line is bigger, I'm thinking not but I have heard no real world experience or wisdom...
Scott S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 14 2011, 08:36 AM) *

Great work!

Here's a PMS 914-6 oil line. It was listed for $38 on ebay so I bought it. I think it was supposed to be $138. I think it could be made locally. I've called PMS before and Jim Patrick called back and sent info I asked for. Seemed very nice and patient with me on the phone.

Still wondering if the stock 914-6 hardline will work with a 3.2? Since the Cararra line is bigger, I'm thinking not but I have heard no real world experience or wisdom...

Wanna double your money? biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 14 2011, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 14 2011, 08:36 AM) *

Great work!

Wanna double your money? biggrin.gif

It's 50/50 that it will go on my car but I bet you can buy the 911 line on pelican (or half a dozen porsche salvage yards) for $25 and get whatever steel fitting you want welded on. It's a pretty heavy guage steel pipe so welding should be easy.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 14 2011, 09:36 AM) *

I'm going to quote my Dad on this one, as we had this same conversation last week while standing under my car, and basically sums up my decision to go with the Carrera oil line...

Me: Look, the oil lines don't have to be 18mm, just 16. There's people that have done the exact same thing, and it works!
My Father: I would agree with you except that it's Germans that built this. If it were Italians, I'de say, "Yeah, okay, maybe" But with Germans, they did it for a reason, so just go with it.

smilie_flagge6.gif

I seriously considered the same thing, as was simply looking for an adaptor, as I've heard the same thing in regards to people using the stock /6 lines. However, the oil line I took off my engine originally (that it originally ran with) and this modified one are the same diameter, I guess I'm channeling the emotion of, "if isn't broken, don't fix it."
mepstein
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 14 2011, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 14 2011, 09:36 AM) *

I'm going to quote my Dad on this one, as we had this same conversation last week while standing under my car, and basically sums up my decision to go with the Carrera oil line...

Me: Look, the oil lines don't have to be 18mm, just 16. There's people that have done the exact same thing, and it works!
My Father: I would agree with you except that it's Germans that built this. If it were Italians, I'de say, "Yeah, okay, maybe" But with Germans, they did it for a reason, so just go with it.

smilie_flagge6.gif

I seriously considered the same thing, as was simply looking for an adaptor, as I've heard the same thing in regards to people using the stock /6 lines. However, the oil line I took off my engine originally (that it originally ran with) and this modified one are the same diameter, I guess I'm channeling the emotion of, "if isn't broken, don't fix it."

I'll buy in to your dad's line of thinking. Just remind him of that little orange 914-6 that he used to love.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 14 2011, 09:19 AM) *

Great work!

It seems rather straight forward, and I should be finishing this up between now and Friday. I'm going to be documenting the whole thing as I want to make sure I have the whole process down, so yeah, I might consider doing another.

Would you be running a thermostat too?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 14 2011, 12:43 PM) *

I'll buy in to your dad's line of thinking. Just remind him of that little orange 914-6 that he used to love.

He's on it, I assure you, we are just waiting for the mechanic to finish the engine.

He's actually seen how much I like doing a progress thread, and did the same with a conversion he did on his 360.
RiqueMar
So, continuing on with my oil lines, I've finally got the fitting. After some final adjustments and cuts, all that was required was to widen the mouth a bit on the mill, and then attach the male end to the hard line. I've used a short piece of the braided hose to make a long 90 degree turn into the thermostat, which I'm mounting later today, as soon as the bracket is complete.

In hindsight, I wish I would have been able to bend the hard line about 5-10 degrees to the right after the bend drops down. Not an issue really, just more an observation and preference for clearing.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
eric9144
Ahh getting so close!! piratenanner.gif
AZ914
Nice! I'm using that hard stub line as well, I think mine runs a little closer to the firewall (flex hose is shorter). It should work great.

Dude, need to take that 'vandalized again' tag off of your title.. I keep thinking 'Oh NO!'
RiqueMar
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 15 2011, 08:44 AM) *

Nice! I'm using that hard stub line as well, I think mine runs a little closer to the firewall (flex hose is shorter). It should work great.

Dude, need to take that 'vandalized again' tag off of your title.. I keep thinking 'Oh NO!'

Lol, will do! Now I just have to do the lines from the tank to the thermostat, and from the engine cooler to the tank.

The fittings for each are the largest of the problems, as I'de like to eliminate the original hoses. Seeing as how I'm not using the hardline, why split up the 'set' of hoses and hardlines as they are original?
RiqueMar
Still pluggin' along! Lots to do in the next 3 weeks!

Relocated the fuel pump up to the front after I took the measurements for the access hole on a 76'. I hear this is what all the cool kids are doing these days....

IPB Image

IPB Image

RiqueMar
As for the oil lines, I took a trip to Parker, and had them make this for me. I thought to myself, 'Why am I trying to re-invent the wheel when I can just copy it?' What I've done here, is retained the same size hose and factory fittings on one end, however, on the other end, it's a male input to a -12 fitting, allowing me to standardize the entire oil system to the same connections and fittings, rather than mix old with new and save some of these valuable /6 parts.

In conclusion, I'll essentially have a stock looking oil system (minus the hardline because of the oil cooler) but with newer/wider hoses and 'modern' connections. I'm thinking about doing a 'oil line kit' anyone interested? Anyone? Bueller?

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Long time no update, everybody. Last update, I was trying to get my car ready for Rennsport, in short, that didn't happen. I ended up taking the 3.6, and man, what a trip. As much as I like carbs and 'old school' equipment, there's something to be said about the 3.2/3.6 engines.

For those of you interested, I've had to delay the project a bit, due to travelling alot. About 24 hours after returning from Rennsport, I was on a flight to Panama for a week for a check up of our systems down there, and upon returning, I was headed directly to Las Vegas for SEMA just to walk the show and make an appearance, what a huge event! Parellel to all that, we've finally begun to launch our Racing Simulator line, which I'm looking forward to very much (can anyone say 914-6 GT Racing Sim???). We've already shipped three units to Spain, and are opening next week!

For now, I'm looking forward to taking it easy for a few weeks, and hopefully I'll be able to stay put in San Diego through the holidays...

A few pictures of Rennsport....

Brent 'Wertygrog' outside LA on the way up to the event (Thursday)
Click to view attachment

Our awful scenery for the drive....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Rennsport, Day 1. Man were there alot of cars, every Porsche you could think of, and then some!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
After touring around the Paddock and looking at all the great cars, we found an awesome spot on the Corkscrew and had our own little, 'Moment of Zen" for the day.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Day 1 was capped off with a round (or 4 rounds for that matter) though the 17-Mile Drive. We found other Porsches, Starfish, Sunsets, and Cougars!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
With day one in the bag after many hours of Porsche-philing, and a few more involving Beer beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif (see British Pub). It was time for day two, which involved the actual race involving 914-6's, the Eiffel Cup. Of course the 914's won.

After the race and days festivities, we had a great dinner with fellow World members in Downtown Monterey. Sidenote: Sorry for the 'Prison Pose' on my part, I'm half Mexican, and thus incapable of smiling in a photo....

Needless to say, we eventually wound up back at said pub, this time, there was alot more Female companionship.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
With day one in the bag after many hours of Porsche-philing, and a few more involving Beer beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif (see British Pub). It was time for day two, which involved the actual race involving 914-6's, the Eiffel Cup. Of course the 914's won.

After the race and days festivities, we had a great dinner with fellow World members in Downtown Monterey. Sidenote: Sorry for the 'Prison Pose' on my part, I'm half Mexican, and thus incapable of smiling in a photo....

Needless to say, we eventually wound up back at said pub, this time, there was alot more Female companionship. And just between the World members, Brent and I may or may not have gotten every once else except us completely plastered. Cheers! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
All in all, it was a great weekend, and certainly one for the books. I'll be sure to be at the next Rennsport Reunion, no matter where it is!

I had a blast, and was very excited to meet-up with all the members, Eric Shea, Ed Arango, Dave Kawashima, Sixnotfour, Paul (pt_700), GeorgeRud, and everyone else I'm forgetting to mention!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

RiqueMar
With that out of the way, back to the 'Never-Ending Project' now that we are on page 30 of this Progress Thread.....

Last we left off, I was finishing off the oil lines, and now I've moved onto the CDI box, Exhaust, and Fuel system. I've purchased a set of SS fuel lines, and will be adapting male -6 fittings to the end of each, with braided lines between each of the hard lines...

As far as exhaust goes, I finally produced a set of SS 'spacers' to make up for the difference in exhaust systems between the 911 SSI's and the stock /6 exhaust. A word to the wise, make sure to use thread compound as those nuts/barrel nuts will be Hell to get off.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

RiqueMar
In reference to the CDI box, I'll be mounting a Permatune unit in the stock location for the /6 (which is the location for the FI unit in a /4). I've fabbed up a nice unit because, unfortunatly, I can't find the original /6 part that I have....

IPB Image
pt_700
great pics from you rennsport adventure, thanks for posting!

i'm still pinching myself (not in that way!) trying to convince it wasn't just a dream.

great meeting some of the so-cal contingent!

next time, we'll need to come up with a silly t-shirt or something. i'm sure i was passing by fellow teeners all day and not realizing it...
EdArango
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Nov 18 2011, 11:49 AM) *

All in all, it was a great weekend, and certainly one for the books. I'll be sure to be at the next Rennsport Reunion, no matter where it is!

I had a blast, and was very excited to meet-up with all the members, Eric Shea, Ed Arango, Dave Kawashima, Sixnotfour, Paul (pt_700), GeorgeRud, and everyone else I'm forgetting to mention!

Nice shout out E!
RiqueMar
Working through the Sunday, as I try to tear myself away from the San Diego/Chicago game going on. Trying to clean things up a little bit; Mounted the CDI Box with a fresh set of nuts/bolts and the plate with a nice coating on it. As for wires, I'm doing my best to subtly color code the major wire 'arteries'....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Ok, small update and a 'don't make my mistake' advisement for anyone reading this, in reference to the heating system.

In post-1974 engines, the heating system is a tad bit different in means of flow. For those of you running headers, this post really doesn't apply; slap some air block off plates, and you're set. For those of you that are a wuss like me, and need heat even here in SoCal, read on.

Unless you fab up a sort of warm air guide on each side of you're fiberglass shroud, you'll need to find a set of early warm-air guides (atleast in cases similar to mine, where you're running a post-74 engine, and stock /6 heat exchangers). If you're handy and confident (get it handy and confident? jerkit.gif ) you can probably easily adapt the drivers side 911 block off plate with a 90 degree tube to match the left-side heat exchanger. All thats required is to drill a hole, and weld in the bended tube. However, the passenger side is a bit more tricky, as it came with a plastic warm air guide, and fabing up a block off plate may prove difficult as the distributer is right infront of said outlet. Luckily, the early style block off plate bolts right on. They can be had over at Pelican Parts, however, it's a bit pricey ($90), especially for us young-ones who are fiscally impaired at the moment. Should you need one, I recommend posting a WTB in the classified here or over at Pelican in the 911 section.

I've posted pictures below of the differences between early and late warm air outlets, as you can see, the hole diameter is a bit larger on the later style...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Had a bit of free time today, stopped by the storage area to check out the accelerator cable situation on a /6, and happend to find a bellcrank! Although I think it's to a 911, I'm fairly certain I can cut and readjust the angle.

/6 gurus: Do I need the small drop-down bar that I see bolted to the transmission just above the clutch pulley?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
icon_bump.gif for bellcrank and accelerator questions; it looks as though the one I found yesterday has an angle just abit more the 90 degrees, while a 911 one is about or less than 90 degrees, could I have ACTUALLY have found one of the parts I need?! Also, I see that on a /6, the bellcrank stud is drilled into the Intermediate plate, however my side shift does'nt have a spot for this, can I drill it anyway?
RiqueMar
Been a little bit of time, but I'm finally getting in some of the stuff that I needed to finish the engine and get a test run going....

Much to the constant goading of Brent (wertygrog) I finally bought a CB rotary fuel pump (about $70) after everything is said and done. This weekend, I'll be relocating it to the front trunk, and running a new set of SS Fuel lines (if I can ever figure out how to get them into the tunnel.

Also, I've purchased an older set of warm air guides. I want to use the stock set-up as it was in the real /6's. They are a little rough, but nothing a little sandblasting, shaping, and coating wont fix....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Slight change of plans..... again. Thanks to my Father, my end of the year bonus is the 3.6 engine/drivetrain out of the black car! With the condition that I 'actually get that thing on the road' aktion035.gif

Currently reading multiple progress threads; SirAndys, PRS914-6, Marv's3.6six, etc I think I might have my homework cut out for me. Even though the black car is done, and it's mostly a matter of bringing equipment over, there are still a few things that need to be addressed on it. So far as I can think, I need to...

- Upgrade the brakes (alot, the black car has a large problem stopping)
- Address the oil lines (I don't like feeling them near the dead pedal)
- Electrical gremlins
- Transmission issues

It's intimidating, but I'm excited! Any and all advice is really appreciated right now!
eric9144
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jan 10 2012, 03:52 PM) *

Slight change of plans..... again. Thanks to my Father, my end of the year bonus is the 3.6 engine/drivetrain out of the black car! With the condition that I 'actually get that thing on the road' aktion035.gif

So what's going into the black car? Don't say mustard happy11.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Jan 10 2012, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jan 10 2012, 03:52 PM) *

So what's going into the black car? Don't say mustard happy11.gif

Maaaaybe my 2.9? Or if I come across a 'ready' 2.0 /4? Not quite sure yet. It's all set up for a /6, it's just the body and original conversion work isn't 100% there.... And it needs the flares for the tire, it's too much on a narrow body.

I'm starting to get the feeling you did the mustard, Eric.... I'm watchin' you. shades.gif
RiqueMar
Ok, so here we go with 'Projekt 3.6'. For the last week or so, I've been gathering up information, reading conversion threads, and trying to get a whole bead on how I'm going to tackle this thing.

I really, really hope to have this done for The Route 66 Classic and drive it out there!

So far, this is how the black car sits right now. I'm doing my best to document everything from pulling out my 2.9 to putting in the 3.6. Although the car and work is a little rough around the edges, the logic and the implementation is pretty well executed. A little clean up, powder coat and some organization, and I think this will look great in my car!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

That's about it for beginning pictures. I'm really excited to start this project, and cannot wait to hopefully someday get it on the road.

I know that I haven't yet completed it yet, but I'de like to thank the likes of Joe and Series9 and Eric Shea for their initial help thus far. Without any correspondence from either of them, I'de still be lost in questions in everything from brakes to transmissions. Furthermore, others such as Andy, PRS914-6 and Marv's3.6six who have already embarked on the 3.6 conversion, reading your threads helps alot, thanks for documenting so much!
JmuRiz
What's the story on that oil tank in the front of the black car?

It's kindda cool, how/where is it filtered?

Some really cool parts on that car!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 16 2012, 06:55 PM) *

What's the story on that oil tank in the front of the black car?

It's kindda cool, how/where is it filtered?

Some really cool parts on that car!

Car was used very much for AutoX, if I remember correctly, I believe having the tank up front freed up engine bay space for hoses, and acted as a bit of weight distribution.

The oil cooler setup is awesome, the only thing I do not like is that the oil lines run through the drivers dead pedal like the GT's, I'm going to try to work around that. Other than that, it's a great setup and never gets too hot, and I've been in Vegas/Utah in August as well as at Rennsport in traffic on a hill, awesome setup. Even has a mech to disable the system in a crash!

Thanks Nathan! Can't wait to dig in!
JmuRiz
Good to know it doesn't get hot, always a plus.

If you find the name/size of the tank let me know. I have a full Patrick Motorsports oil-tank setup I have yet to install, but if I can make something work for less $$ I'd give it a try.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 17 2012, 07:38 AM) *

Good to know it doesn't get hot, always a plus.

If you find the name/size of the tank let me know. I have a full Patrick Motorsports oil-tank setup I have yet to install, but if I can make something work for less $$ I'd give it a try.

I'll let you know in the coming weeks. If your interested, I'de rather see it go to someone who could use it rather than it collect dust. I'm fairly certain it's custom, so no name/size reference here. I already have a factory tank installed with the holes cut, otherwise I'de be using it, it's a very good system, I just don't like feeling the oil lines beneath my foot.

IPB Image
JmuRiz
Sure thing, let me know when you get to that point in your project. I'd probably need a diagram on what hoses go where too...not quite a stock-looking line setup, haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.