Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
roadster fan
Dude,
Tthose are some sweet pics. any chance you could take some measurements or some photos with a tape measure in the shot for scale?

Project is looking good!

Jim

Socalandy
the seats are done in back in the car biggrin.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
drunk.gif
Root_Werks
drooley.gif
BIGKAT_83
The seats look great.. I have a pair that need recovering. I had them done a couple of years ago with a suede center and don't really like them.
Who did these and would they do another set,

Bob
Socalandy
I'm pray.gif freaking out. Thanks to you know who? "at least I know" I have real steel for my six car drooley.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif
Socalandy
wub.gif Part numbers...

914.503.905.00.GRV
914.503.906.00.GRV
914.503.907.00.GRV
914.503.908.00.GRV
Sleepin
Looks like you were jumping up and down for joy Andy! That rocks!

EdArango
Hey Andy!......This is great!!! I've got to come by and check it out!!
ED
Socalandy
confused24.gif
Socalandy
Well I finally tracked down a 79 3.0 big port euro motor aktion035.gif

Was reported it had one bent valve and the tear down tells the rest, ordering 9,3,1 Mahle P's and C's and a coil on plug ignition kit. engine will return as a twin plug with dowle pins and boat tailed.
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
chowtime.gif
Socalandy
Guess it was bent and then broke
Socalandy
w00t.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
type.gif More when it returns from the machine shop and it looks a little cleaner
Socalandy
16" X 7's and 8"s are back from Al's drooley.gif
Socalandy
drooley.gif
Ferg
aktion035.gif
AZ914
SCHWIIIIINGGGG!!!!
Socalandy
Pistons and cylinders drooley.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif and the Car is almost ready to go to media blast. Full speed ahead!!!!
mepstein
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 15 2011, 12:05 PM) *

drooley.gif

Art

913 smile.gif
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 25 2011, 04:49 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Congrats on your project..the pictures you posted look like SC 95mm.

How would you use those?...never mind looked at the header..3.0 great 78/79 SC Big ports..now how about the euro fuel head and sensor plate?
Socalandy
It's a 78 Euro and it will be carb'd so I dont think I'll need either but I'm no expert happy11.gif
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 25 2011, 09:29 PM) *

It's a 78 Euro and it will be carb'd so I dont think I'll need either but I'm no expert

good...what cam are you going to use- stock?
nsr-jamie
Wow!! Great thread, love reading them...at first I thought the car was pretty much not even worth saving but after seeing some other pictures its not really that bad in most areas. Hope you get the fenders and rear trunk area sorted out. I wish you all the best and you are already making excellent progress and I am jealous of many of your parts, that NOS dash and those polished wheels and euro lights are so cool. I hope to see the car finished and regular updates here in this thread. Cheers beerchug.gif

Now I need to get some work done on my car this spring
Socalandy
aktion035.gif Well I finally got some pictures of the engine back from Ollie's machine shop

Enjoy
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
now thats a polich worthy of some Fuchs
Socalandy
Twin plug and boat tail mods aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
sunglasses.gif
sixnotfour
looks great
What cams are you planning ?, Those piston wont allow much of a cam or compression that would warrant twinplug.
Socalandy
thanks, I need to ask my buddy again on the re-grind of the cams. 9.8:1 + twin plug. why do you say its not warranted? you wont hurt my feelings but I'd like to hear the Six Guru's take on the subject
Socalandy
here's two pics of the Shuffle pins
campbellcj
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 3 2011, 07:57 PM) *

thanks, I need to ask my buddy again on the re-grind of the cams. 9.8:1 + twin plug. why do you say its not warranted? you wont hurt my feelings but I'd like to hear the Six Guru's take on the subject

I'm not sure, but what he might mean is you could go more aggressive on compression and cams than what you have?

I am in the same boat with my engine - it's twin-plugged with agressive cams but only 10.5:1 c/r and I would have preferred more like 12:1 if I had it built myself. When it needs to come apart I may go more extreme.
moparrob
Isn't that the main reason to go dual plugged? To allow you to take advantage of the higher compression ratio? I suppose you still have the limitations of pump gas though, especially here in CA.
campbellcj
QUOTE(moparrob @ Aug 3 2011, 08:53 PM) *

Isn't that the main reason to go dual plugged? To allow you to take advantage of the higher compression ratio? I suppose you still have the limitations of pump gas though, especially here in CA.

I use 100 octane 76 pump gas and would be OK with using higher octane race gas if needed, since my car is relegated to track duty now. For any street-driven car that is certainly a consideration though. Even if you have good access to race gas, you're talking $7-8+ / gallon and that hurts...
sixnotfour
9.8 you,ll need twin plug, just curious on the cam,
It will run sweet with twin plug. You have all the bells and whistles for sure.
AZ914
drooley.gif Looks great, Andy!
J P Stein
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 3 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Mahle computes compression without taking into account the required .04 deck height.....thus the actual compression is closer to 9.3:1.(or less). The twin plug, shuffle pins, half mooning the cyls & boat tailing he block add little or nothing to the output of the engine....what, no boat tailed crank?...my money would go elsewhere......but all that makes a nice base for an 8000 rpm race motor.

Those pistons kill anything approaching a cam that scavenges well......top end down the tubes wasting those big ports. IMO, lotta bells but not many whistles. Don't forget, ...."you won't hurt my feelings". biggrin.gif

Something like these in 95mm will solve your shortcomings.
brant
really pretty Andy!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.