Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
Thanks guy's. Color tomorrow biggrin.gif and here are pics not taken with a cell phone
Socalandy
its gonna be yellow tomorrow piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
yellowsleep[1].gif
tod914
First time I seen your restoration thread Andy. Truly amazing craftsmanship! Really enjoyed reading it, and looking foward to seeing it through completion. Love the nos parts you scored as well.
Socalandy
at last, Paint on the car biggrin.gif
Socalandy
piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
last group, assembly is right around the corner
Gint
Andy, isn't that fun?
Cairo94507
What a milestone! That looks so good. I can't wait to see paint on mine.
MoveQik
Looks fantastic, Andy. Get it done by April 5th and join us on Route 66! beerchug.gif
Ferg
aktion035.gif Sweet!
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif drooley.gif
I had better send you the engine mount shades.gif
infraredcalvin
Wow, looks great, love the progress thread and craftsmanship! Keep it going!
ConeDodger
Great talking to you yesterday Andy... That looks great! We'll do lunch when you come up to Tahoe.
Steve
Awesome job Andy!! Congratulations!!! It's all downhill from here!!
casey944
Car looks wonderful... Not sure if you are familiar with this one that has recently come available...

Not positive it is canary but you will get the idea...

http://www.maxted-page.com/cars/car-details.aspx?id=236Click to view attachment

Socalandy
Thanks for the great comments!!!

back to the shop and unwrapped my present and got some pictures with the Nikon and sun flash to see the color better. I cant believe it has yellow on it, It's been a long haul to see point.

Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
drunk.gif
Madswede
Now THAT's what I'm talkin about! We kept the bottom of my car (and the tire wells and the engine bay) black, but it's interesting to see the other perspective with yours being painted yellow like that. shades.gif
sixnotfour
Next thing you know Shea will be painting his bottom Yellow bootyshake.gif
Socalandy
It looks so good in black but the factory definitely painted over the seam sealing and undercoat so that was the obvious course to take. Next will be to put the suspension back on the car and off the rotiss, I know Shea's GT wheel wells are yellow
JRust
Wow! What progress Andy. Always a special day when it get's color biggrin.gif
pete000
Ready to start on mine once your is off the rotisserie?

I'm so jealous.

Some day.....

drooley.gif
Eric_Shea
Beautiful Andy. Congrats!
Socalandy
So I'm cleaning up the rack and would like to flush it out and and some fresh oil in but need some recommendations confused24.gif

Thanks in advance!!
Socalandy
This if from a post in 2003 I found in a search. Whats inside the rack now is a light grease thats black in color. I think its just really dirty but the rack moves smooth with no slop/play

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Sep 16 2003, 10:43 AM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin-silver six+Sep 16 2003, 09:16 AM --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silver six @ Sep 16 2003, 09:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> So I'm guessing it's lithium grease right? Any dissenters?
<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
no.

molybdenum disulphide "MoS2"

factory calls for a Dow-Corning product.
i'd probably just use one from Lubro-Moly or Swepco's moly grease.
in a pinch, moly-based CV grease from the FLAPS.
TJB/914
Andy,

Beautiful build, I love the smell of fresh paint. Now the fun begans with assembly. Keep posting.

Waiting for more paint pic's. pray.gif

Tom
Socalandy
There's an Elephant in the house biggrin.gif Bearings and ball joints are in and waiting to hear back from Rebel on correct P/N for Eibach 140lbs springs for their coil over kit. Should have it on the ground soon.
Socalandy
Time to get her on her wheels again biggrin.gif Some of this is coming back off again for plated parts and the coil over kit. Mainly to get the rest of the paint finished piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
sunglasses.gif
Socalandy
the long haul to a fully painted car is almost here biggrin.gif
stuttgart46
That looks awesome.
gms
Andy,
You are doing a great job!
MoveQik
Hey Andy, why didn't they just paint in while it was on the rotisserie? Just curious.
Eric_Shea
Suspension is looking awesome! smilie_pokal.gif

Tip: (for the next guy reading this) biggrin.gif Put these on with JB Weld before powdercoating and have the powder coater tape them off. The JB Weld will withstand the heat of the powder oven and the end will be finished...

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
More... MAN THAT"S A GOOD LOOKING CAR! biggrin.gif We gotsta cruise together with the yellows!
Gint
Nice job Andy! That's looking very nice.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2013, 03:58 PM) *

Suspension is looking awesome! smilie_pokal.gif

Tip: (for the next guy reading this) biggrin.gif Put these on with JB Weld before powdercoating and have the powder coater tape them off. The JB Weld will withstand the heat of the powder oven and the end will be finished...

IPB Image

Thanks Guy's!!!

That would have been nice!! These were a tight fit even before the JB weld and I didn't want to have to sand off powdercoat to fit them so it was all taped off. the front end will all come back off and I will brush on undercoat on the exposed areas before final assembly.

The Yellow's will cruise but Route 66 will be here before we know it so I would guess Red Rocks is more likely.

Kent's plan for an off the rotiss paint job is to lay the paint down the way the car normally sits and having it lower makes it easier. We will bag and tape the car to the floor of the booth so over spray wont be an issue. Final fitting the doors now but will be painted off the car with the deck lids.
SirAndy
No cover for the steering rack coupler??? confused24.gif

Otherwise way too nice, you're making us all look bad!
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
nope, just got her on wheels for final paint. It all comes back off. Also missing shock covers, torsion bars and look at those old tie rod ends. I have some jack stands if it will ease your pain smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Be VERY careful in final with the suspension. Overspray gets EVERYWHERE. I'd feel better if you had a different suspension for paint.
jersey914
Beautiful job on this resto. I feel like I am watching "overhaulers"

smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
Doors back on and adjusting gaps. Push it outside in the sun for a look and it started attracting bee's biggrin.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
oldschool
DUDE SO VERY RIGHT ON MAN! aktion035.gif
NARP914
Car is looking killer, hurry up and get that car out of there so my car can be worked on next beerchug.gif

Love seeing all that Yellow!!!!
jm993rs
Good work !!! popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.