Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
smile.gif
bigkensteele
HOW did you put the Karmann tag back on (and take it off for that matter)? Did you silk-screen it, or was it in that condition when you took it off? Looks fantastic!

This is one of my all-time favorite threads. Great work, Andy!!!
pete000
My karman tag has no black paint left on it!
Socalandy
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Mar 7 2013, 08:07 PM) *

HOW did you put the Karmann tag back on (and take it off for that matter)? Did you silk-screen it, or was it in that condition when you took it off? Looks fantastic!

This is one of my all-time favorite threads. Great work, Andy!!!

The tag is held on by spiral pins and can be pushed out from behind going thru the access holes where the speaker goes. reused the original pins to reinstall.
Socalandy
Looking back at my pictures and thought I'd show the stages of progress smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
reharvey
Unbelievable transformation! beerchug.gif
jeeperjohn56
Andy, you and Kent have done a great job of bringing this car back to life. Keep going its almost done.John piratenanner.gif
jtf914
Wow...amazing!
mikelsr
I'm very impressed with the results. Congrats.
Cairo94507
Just WOW is all I can say. You saved one for all of us. That car and color is just incredible. I can't wait to see more as it comes together. A first class job first.gif
oldschool
Andy I never driven in a 6........I need a ride dude when your all done piratenanner.gif
tod914
Beautiful job Andy! So much for factory runs. Is the Karman tag new? Looks perfect!
Cupomeat
I am inspired!!!

Time for me to get a project car...
FourBlades

Awesome... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

John
914Pro
Do you have a d-jectronic pressure sensor?
rick 918-S
Nice biggrin.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(914Pro @ Mar 9 2013, 10:07 AM) *

Do you have a d-jectronic pressure sensor?

Replied to your thread...
Socalandy
Front section color sanded and polished biggrin.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
G e o r g e
Andy the car is looking great, one of these days I would love to check it out. Perhaps before an Angels game this season.
6freak
DANG!... thats gonna be kick ass
yellgokart
smilie_pokal.gif

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif I saw this car in person today aktion035.gif and this car is Kick-a!@ already. What a transformation this project has done... amazing progress.

popcorn[1].gif Looking forward to "Final-Assembly"... and lots of these first.gif

Rock-on Buddy!!
Socalandy
one more pass with 2000 and polish. Thanks again to Kent for finishing the front fender so I could see the end result early. This weekend should wrap it up and then home piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
Gonna be amazing! smilie_pokal.gif

(already is)
MDG
thumb3d.gif

Beautiful, Andy. Can't wait for the assembly pics!
Socalandy
So the body is color sanded and had its first cut polish with a final polish to finish it off. Finished the suspension with the coils over kit and springs and installed the torsion bars.

time to get a trailer and get it home next weekend piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
beer.gif
scotty b
beerchug.gif slick shades.gif
wingnut86
Bitchin!
rick 918-S
When's the build party? first.gif
Chris H.
The paint is unbelievable.
sbsix
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 16 2013, 07:41 PM) *

So the body is color sanded and had its first cut polish with a final polish to finish it off. Finished the suspension with the coils over kit and springs and installed the torsion bars.

time to get a trailer and get it home next weekend piratenanner.gif

Andy,

This is a great thread, thanks for sharing it with all of us. Are you using 140 lb rear springs? Can you tell me about your adjustable perches & Bilsteins; I would love to duplicate on my six.

sbsix

peteyd
Andy,

I saw those wheels and I...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

Socalandy

Andy,

This is a great thread, thanks for sharing it with all of us. Are you using 140 lb rear springs? Can you tell me about your adjustable perches & Bilsteins; I would love to duplicate on my six.

sbsix

They are 140lbs Eibach springs and Rebel Racing's Adj. perches. The bilsteins are the Sports and had them on my 72 and liked them!!

I decided on the 140's from others that have been down this same path and found the 180's made for a terrible ride. Easy install biggrin.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(peteyd @ Mar 18 2013, 12:30 PM) *

Andy,

I saw those wheels and I...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

lol-2.gif Another great job by Al Reed Polishing and sorry about your mishap... ph34r.gif
Socalandy
Doors back on and it's almost a complete 914 roller biggrin.gif
sixnotfour

I have a great PORSCHE side script in Green...............JK
Socalandy
The big trailer ride home happened today piratenanner.gif Time to start getting it back together aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Peashooter
Looks great! I know the feeling, brought mine home like that in the fall. Good luck with the build!
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
I drove mine home.........................
Eric_Shea
Looks great Andy. Hurry, September is coming fast!

Bill, love those tires.
Cairo94507
Milestone day w00t.gif
Krieger
drooley.gif Very Nice!
boogie_man
That looks awesome !!!! Keep those pix coming, we're right behind
you piratenanner.gif
pete000
Now that's nice body work !
Elliot Cannon
I don't EVER want paint that good, that perfect. biggrin.gif And since I'm doing it myself, there isn't much chance of that happening anyway. lol-2.gif Fantastic Andy.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2013, 09:10 PM) *

I don't EVER want paint that good, that perfect. biggrin.gif And since I'm doing it myself, there isn't much chance of that happening anyway. lol-2.gif Fantastic Andy.

Thanks!!!

This is my dream car come true and wanted nothing but the best I could give it. Thanks to the members here and Kent!!! I'm so happy with whats been accomplished. I don't own a trailer..... Yet biggrin.gif but this car will be driven often when it's done and know that you "Elliot" will put a well placed hand print on her at every stop we make at a R66 or Red Rocks event.

I'm ready FERG.gif
Eric_Shea
Andy, we can take shifts in the parking lot and be on "Elliot Watch". biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.