Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
AZ914
Damn Andy, that thing is sweet. Looking forward to the finished product.
76-914
Looking good my man.
Gint
Damn! that's yellow. Love it!
pete000

pray.gif

drooley.gif
ConeDodger
Thanks Andy! I mounted up my new lower valence today. It was good seeing you again and catching up. Let me know when you bring that yellow beast to Tahoe and we can run them around the lake!
Socalandy
No Problem Rob!!! Back from being out of town. Doors and front and rear lids mounted and gapped and ready for final seal and paint. biggrin.gif

cell pics replaced...
MoveQik
Finally more updates! I have been getting a little twitchy waiting for something new. biggrin.gif
Socalandy
gaps looks great and nice to see all the panels on the car!! Drivers side rocker was 5/8 shorter than the passenger side and needed some help mad.gif final paint, color sand and buffing should be done by months end biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
rick 918-S
That thing is BRIGHT! yikes.gif biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Looking forward to seeing that body painted.
Socalandy
More paint laid down on the inside of front and rear trunk lids biggrin.gif
bigkensteele
Andy, this is one of the best threads going! I love seeing this car come toghether. Truly inspirational!
Cairo94507
That paint looks delicious!
Krieger
Looks really good!
jersey914
Andy, are you wet sanding after paint?
jersey914
Andy, are you wet sanding after paint?
Socalandy
without a doubt, color sand and multi stage buff on the exterior of the car. This paint lays down so nice by itself and cant wait to see it color sanded and buffed out!!!
Eric_Shea
Hurry Up Damnit! mad.gif

biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Sorry Man sad.gif This is a nights and weekends project. I wish it was full time, it would be done if it was.
jersey914
I love that you are doing the paint as nice as you are doing ever other part of the project. I am getting ready to repaint my 74' I have just a few body touch ups and then I want a fresh look of metallic silver. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I want it to look as nice as the day it rolled out of Germany! Keep up the good work! You make us all proud to be owners.

aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 5 2013, 02:50 PM) *

Sorry Man sad.gif This is a nights and weekends project. I wish it was full time, it would be done if it was.

Drop the excuses! mad.gif

The crowd here is getting restless. Not sure how much longer we can hold them back. I've heard rumors that some of them are arming themselves with a gallon of Rustoleum "Yellow" and a bunch of short nap rollers for a true 914 CSOB fixer-upper party! smash.gif biggrin.gif
tod914
Really looking nice! Seems like every little nut and bolt is polished on it. Going to be a stunning car.
Socalandy

Drop the excuses! mad.gif

The crowd here is getting restless. Not sure how much longer we can hold them back. I've heard rumors that some of them are arming themselves with a gallon of Rustoleum "Yellow" and a bunch of short nap rollers for a true 914 CSOB fixer-upper party! smash.gif biggrin.gif

My garage can handle a small crowd when the time come's smile.gif How much color sanding was needed after you used the nap roller process on your GT?? chowtime.gif
Eric_Shea
Who told!?! mad.gif
sixnotfour
I want it to look as nice as the day it rolled out of Germany!

It wont have to be this flat, my oe paint car is orange peel deluxe.
Socalandy
So Eric will talk you into the nap roller paint job for authenticity popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
More rocker shaping and glass work, plaster back fill poured in to retain shape if grinding back broke thru. these things still need some work but getting there.
Socalandy
smash.gif
AZ914
Looks like a great fit! aktion035.gif

Are you going to run a flared rear valance too?
Socalandy
We are fitting one and will be painted satin blc withe the others. I'll just take it off when Shea is in town poke.gif
Socalandy
final block sanding today. Sorry, just cell pictures
Socalandy
Final wet sand and let the paint fly biggrin.gif short rear valance is being modified to fit the flares, rockers are done and front valance fitted.
oldschool
Andy your Project Rocks man!....I need to get a ride once your done..
euro911
Amazing progress Andy, especially from seeing what it looked like at the start thumb3d.gif
Socalandy
wet sanding done and sealer and paint this weekend. She's got her high heels on wub.gif and time to bag the belly and suspension. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif
JRust
I can't wait man popcorn[1].gif
jersey914
Ready for the full dose of yello! Bring it on!

chowtime.gif
ruby914
Great painting weather this weekend.
That’s going to be a beautiful car!
Looking good Andy.
aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
OK... we're coming down to help wet sand!
effutuo101
Wow! Great work!
Socalandy
Eric sure helped get the sanding wrapped up after a ride in his bad ass GT, then Kent wrapped the car for sealer and paint. sealed today and It will be Yellow tomorrow piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
I cant contain myself aktion035.gif long road to this point and ready to start bolting on the parts
sixnotfour
Anticipation.....................
JRust
Man would you paint that sucker! I can't take it anymore headbang.gif

I've got to see that yellow on that car
Kirmizi
popcorn[1].gif
tscrihfield
This is exciting! Best of luck! beerchug.gif

Thomas
jersey914
Damn, you even mask, well......good luck with the color!
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.