Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Ferg
So Andy, is there any small stuff you are still hunting down we can help you find?
NARP914
Very nice buddy, can't wait to see this car done! There are many pictures missing from this thread... so let me help you. aktion035.gif

grouphug.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 26 2013, 07:42 PM) *

So Andy, is there any small stuff you are still hunting down we can help you find?

Wow, Thanks for the offer Ferg!!! I can only imagine what crazy good parts you would have in your stash. I'll let you know when I do
NARP914
drunk.gif
Time for some building to take place... beerchug.gif

Here's some more pictures to show how great the body and paint came out from Kent's shop. He will do my car next piratenanner.gif

porsche_dreamer
Looks amazing! Something about yellow looks so good on a teener.
Socalandy
More work on the harness, Out with the original one that was cut to hell and missing the whole rear section. Cleaning the used one I got from Proto31. Thanks Dan!!! Some crimp connectors that will be removed for solder and shrink treatment,

A shot of the dash assembly, I will only be repainting the top and face to and stay clear of the chassis #.
Socalandy
before and after cleaning and new wrapping. This is time consuming yellowsleep[1].gif
914Sixer
New body harnesses are available but they are not cheap.
Cairo94507
Very nice and I love the chassis number shot smile.gif
Socalandy
well I finally got a compliance decal done for my car and the first thing to go on the car since it came home. Still working on cleaning up the harness and dash assembly
Socalandy
still working on the dash assembly and got the front hood on the car and gap'd today so it's out of harms way. I have the the front and rear lights ready to install once the harness goes in.
Cairo94507
I am so jealous. smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
Been busy with work but more progress on the harness and installed the sail vinyl and ready for trim. I'll post pics when the trim is all on. A few more part arrived thanks to Jeff Hines and Aase Sales. drooley.gif Time to get cracking!!!
Eric_Shea
Ooooo you got that mirror. I'd been eyeing that for a while now. Decent price considering.
Socalandy
Thanks PMB!!! These lines are sweeeeeeet aktion035.gif And I had to pull the trigger on these Koni's drooley.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 1 2013, 10:24 PM) *

Ooooo you got that mirror. I'd been eyeing that for a while now. Decent price considering.

Hey Eric,
I think I have one of those mirror's??? What's special about mirror's???
Tom

BTW Andy: Beautiful build & keep those photo's coming.
eric9144
TJB/914 check the part #

That's the '6' mirror, slightly smaller than the '4' and really hard to find as NOS...

Keep up the good work Andy!! beerchug.gif
Socalandy
it is an early mirror and smaller top to bottom from later versions and was in -6 cars, not sure about MY 71 and 72 -6 cars? but someone here will biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 2 2013, 06:17 PM) *

it is an early mirror and smaller top to bottom from later versions and was in -6 cars, not sure about MY 71 and 72 -6 cars? but someone here will biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure it's the same as the one on my '71 - Definately smaller than the one that I took of my '75
bulitt
Are the black pre-bent lines Stainless?

IPB Image
Socalandy
PMB has it all !!! these are Green coated steel in the original finish for all 914's through 1976. These also come in tin coated lines for a budget repair and stainless steel for those who never want to do this job again. Pre-bent for every corner of your 914 drooley.gif aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(bulitt @ May 2 2013, 08:10 PM) *

Are the black pre-bent lines Stainless?

IPB Image

Andy has the factory green coated lines. All 914's had them. They are actually more expensive than the stainless steel lines because the material isn't as readily available. OM steel (tin coated steel) is the least expensive and Stainless is the mid-priced line.

We're still waiting on the right front line from the MC and the later front caliper lines
bulitt
Sweet! I see you have a page on your site to order now!
Thank You Eric!
sbsix
What does it say about me when I find the picture of Andy's brake line set-up from Eric more exiting than the pictures on the Hot Chicks thread?
Cairo94507
I know..... I was thinking the same thing. I know I need brake lines for my project and now I know where to get them. Thanks for having these Eric.
Socalandy
well I still need to install the trim but here are some pics of the sail vinyl install. I also had the gas tank cleaned and red coated and its in metal etching primer now.

More this weekend biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
Nice to add some more black to balance out all the yellow
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Got a picture inside the tank so you can see the Red-Kote sealant for those thinking about going this route.
Cairo94507
Andy- Your car is looking very very nice. I am happy to see the sail panel vinyl on it. It really is a great look on these cars.
Socalandy
started putting on the sail trim. Tomorrow I will polish the center bar so I can get it all on. I plan on getting the dash frame installed as well.

MoveQik
Just like your last car.....amazing Andy. Nice work!
boogie_man
Awesome work Andy !!! Very, very nice work.....
Socalandy
Thanks Guy's

3 hours of sanding and buffing and now the battered center trim piece is done. Started with 320 to remove deep scratches and some small dings, then 500 and 800 before the compound and final buff. Now where did I put those clips idea.gif

Socalandy
No really, I have 3 of the center trim pieces and none of them had the clips mad.gif

Anyone have a set for sale?? Checked Pelican and the other usual sites but nothing. Thks
Socalandy
Thanks to Bruce Stone for finding the part number and they are availible from pelican parts biggrin.gif

With the P/N it comes up in the part search

http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLookup/HT...10-00-print.htm
Socalandy
Still waiting for the clips but Ron and Glenn came thru for me and got a few more things for reassembly.
Socalandy
Prepping the dash frame it looks like my car was given a name. I think is says Hillary confused24.gif what do you guys see. Acetone not only got all the adhesive off with ease it took off all the black paint down to the primer.

Time to start feeding in some wire biggrin.gif
Socalandy
I'm really happy with my new 914-6 blueprint art I picked up this weekend aktion035.gif yes its old and comes with some patina and its time to get it on the wall. I'm thinking the living room but Karen will most likely have it end up in my office popcorn[1].gif
NARP914
Sweetness!!! I see lots of Yellow there buddy, just the way I's likes it!!! Great job.
aktion035.gif
You're not going to finish this car before mine this time around, YOU'RE NOT, NOT, NOT!!! lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
There has been some prior discussion about the name written on the dash frame. The color in German IIRC...

Looking fantastic Andy!
Socalandy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 27 2013, 09:32 PM) *

There has been some prior discussion about the name written on the dash frame. The color in German IIRC...

Looking fantastic Andy!

Not seen that thread and will search for it but Zitronengelb is German for Canary yellow I think
veltror
Zitron = Lemon
Gelb = Yellow

Socalandy
Well I found an amazing set of heat exchangers after buying a few plus the set that came with the car. First pics is what came with the car and will be selling off. Repairable but rough with prior patch work
Socalandy
Now for the new err set. I'm thinking of having them ceramic coated to protect them idea.gif anyone done it or have a better option? Thks
wingnut86
... Do they have to split the clam shells to blast prior to ceramic coat?
JmuRiz
Might check with Marty at MSDS about who he uses for coating.
Good score on the exchangers, wish I knew of a good set, so I just went with headers
Socalandy
Took a break from the harness repair and worked on the light buckets. I'm going to try and wrap up the harness tomorrow and start feeding it in.
Socalandy
Also Got the gas tank painted today and made some felt pads. Fitted pedals biggrin.gif Thanks Bruce!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.