Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
Well after seeing some other build threads it was clear that someone beat on this old girl for some reason but its fixed.

Then it was time to sexy her up with some hips!!! aktion035.gif
Socalandy
welder.gif I dont think I will need to add spacers in the rear
Socalandy
front pass. side ready for welder.gif and the sail pannels are close to done
Socalandy
inside rear flare and the support tabs, Now it's getting exciting and cant wait to get to driver side flares on and start some body work piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
Nice...
sixnotfour
Factory flares are So smooth...
sixnotfour
I would get some tires on your wheels before paint,,,,,,,,Eric Shea,,,cant fit shit under his flair..
Just Sayin..
stuttgart46
Looks like a clean slate. I love it.
Socalandy
Searching the site and google for the answer to...

Is this shifter really for 914-6 only???

Thanks
Cairo94507
I am looking at the slot behind the shift lever and saying yes (hand throttle).
Socalandy
What about the longer shift rod and it is bent back at more of an angle. I was told it was -6 specific but never seen a -6 wih one like thiis
Eric_Shea
I am looking at the slot behind the shift lever and saying yes (hand throttle).

All 901 consoles are like that. wink.gif
Cairo94507
OK; another bit of data in the bank. Thanks.
Socalandy
My baby has new shoes and off to the shop tomorrow to check for clearance but I think I'm good from my measurments.

Toyo Proxes4 205/55/16 up front and 225/50/16 in the back
JRust
Those should be fine. I'll be running 245/45/16's in the rear & 225/45/16's up front. Now finish those damn flares evilgrin.gif . Looking good Andy! Your really under the gun to drive that to Route 66 though happy11.gif
porbmw
So nice to see this car being brought back to life! beer.gif
Socalandy
Passenger side flare is on and checked the fit with tires. Perfect in back and I may need a 1/2 - 3/4" spacer up front.

I wish I had some weight in the car to see a better ride height . This weekend will be both fronts and finish welding.
Socalandy
Kents nice tacing work welder.gif
Socalandy
A little more work after finding some more rust in the front fenders, worse on the pass. side and wasted the lower channel. so the front flares are on hold til this is done

lower channel fab
Socalandy
rear flares are completely welded and ground smooth. All I do these days is think about driving this car wub.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Sweet! Those look very nice.
Socalandy
Well the flares sure look nice in raw metal but now after the prep and primer I cant wait to see them in a high gloss canary yellow. I was worried about the sail pannels from the start since they were so bad but all the trim fits perfect. Thanks to my buddy Kent and Restoration Design !!
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Looking good.
rick 918-S
Nice work! first.gif
bulitt
Too bad no one can find the molds for those factory flares. The tops are so smooth compared to the wrinkles in the aftermarket pieces! They are gorgeous!
AZ914
Wow, those look great!
gothspeed
Awesome thread popcorn[1].gif !!!
Socalandy
more work on the passenger jam and sill
Socalandy
POST #914 biggrin.gif this only happens once

on with the front flares.
Socalandy
sand and black mist for blocking
mepstein
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 22 2012, 09:58 AM) *

Too bad no one can find the molds for those factory flares. The tops are so smooth compared to the wrinkles in the aftermarket pieces! They are gorgeous!

It's not the molds that are wavy, it's the way the metal gets pulled and stretched over the mold. It's not perfect but since Porsche isn't making more of these, it's the best we can get.
Sleepin
Lookin good Andy!!
Andyrew
Looking great!! Great metal work!
jm993rs
good good good super job in this car !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Socalandy
More front flare work
Socalandy
sunglasses.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
I am amazed at your attention to detail, this is gonna be a great car!
MDG
smilie_pokal.gif Fantastic work, Andy!
Socalandy
The last flare is on piratenanner.gif finish the welder.gif a body work on it and get it on the rotiss. for the floor pan replacement.
Socalandy
67.gif the hours are adding up
gothspeed
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 20 2012, 04:04 PM) *

a few more pics of the engine and I had the valve cover done in a wrinkle finish and block sanded the letters and now I plan on doing the same for the lowers

Awesome work ... first.gif !!! Engine looks imaculate sunglasses.gif !!! Was that valve cover wrinkle sprayed on or powder coat?
Socalandy
its a powdercoated wrinkle and they charge the same price as regular powdercoating, Thanks!!
sixnotfour
72 914-4 #10692 SOLD

Holy cow, you'll be rollin a -6 soon enough.
Socalandy
final welding on the last flare and I'm piratenanner.gif on the couch like Tom Cruize
Socalandy
a look back
oldschool
very nice ....you be rolling in cash? blink.gif
jtf914
Wow, I can't wait to see it with some paint!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.