Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
This weekend and tonight was the final wrap on the dreaded front trunk headbang.gif I think the flapper box cables are in right wacko.gif I also modified the late dash pad very carefully for the early dash/glove box area . I was able to shave away the foam underneath and the heat and glue the vinyl down into a nice radius to match the other side
bulitt
This car should go to Pebble Beach! Except it wouldn't win because it's in far better condition than Porsche built it. Amazing. Re-badge it as "Andy 914"
Socalandy
Wow, Thanks!!! Pebble would be cool but I would be outa place there.

Lunch break dash, installed trigger wheel pickup sensor and set the gap, distributor plug, ported manifolds and working on the engine tins now. this thing goes hot next week piratenanner.gif
TJB/914
Hi Andy,
Looking good pray.gif
Check those dimensions on the emblems. w00t.gif stirthepot.gif
Tom
Socalandy
Thanks, Your picture is a better reference than what I used along with a grill I have with the lettering still on it. I just went out to the garage and checked and its good.
Socalandy
Heat exchangers are ready for the car. ceramic is a little more silver than grey
JmuRiz
Ooooo, so jealous of those heat exchangers!
Amazing build
boogie_man
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 10 2014, 10:30 PM) *

This weekend and tonight was the final wrap on the dreaded front trunk headbang.gif I think the flapper box cables are in right wacko.gif I also modified the late dash pad very carefully for the early dash/glove box area . I was able to shave away the foam underneath and the heat and glue the vinyl down into a nice radius to match the other side

Ah memories of that pain in the a%& that was lol. Lookin really good bud.

Scott

PS: where did you get the pearl black looking engine grille lettering? That
looks sooooo much better than gold.......keep em coming Andy
Cairo94507
Those heat exchangers are beautiful. drooley.gif
Eric_Shea
Heat exchangers are ready for the car.

I know where you live... ph34r.gif
pete000
Will it be ready for the Phoenix Club show and swap meet ? ? ?

popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
I got really lucky on the heat exchangers!!! The story was they were only on the car for three months and then taken off, replaced with headers and put in a closet where they sat for decades dry and safe.

As for making to the Phoenix show, I'll be there!!! As for the car, I'm getting close for sure but still have a lot to do and don't want to cut any corners or rush after everything I've done so far. Id say R66 would be a safer bet for the first event if I can get the time off work. Even that trip is a long shakedown test.
914six
Hi Andy,

interested in the long engine bolt for the six...i will be in
OC on 2/26 Wed..after lunch. Let me know..

Thanks,
Harry
porschesix2003@yahoo.com
Socalandy
Day one on getting the car running. We have a lot to do and hope to have it fired up on friday
StratPlayer
Better than new first.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
Thanks again Rich for your fuel pump input, pulled one bolt for the rack and done biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Socalandy
driving.gif
JRust
You make me sick icon8.gif
With ENVY drooley.gif
Maltese Falcon
Awesome build, beautiful six !
Marty
dw914six
pray.gif wow...makes me want to restore my car that I thought did not need restoring. mad.gif
ConeDodger
Andy, you know you're supposed to p u l l the trailer, not push it right? blink.gif
sbsix
Andy you've set the bar too high! The underside of you car looks so much better than the top side of mine.
Socalandy
Thanks Guys!!!

were ready for engine to go in. build plug wires and some electrical. looking more like a Saturday firing. I good day of work overall.
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
this was the location I chose for the coil packs. this is the bottom plug pack and the top is on the other side. So cool that PMB took the effort to make these lines first.gif

I'm beat, got hit with the flu tues. night but that wont slow me down. More tomorrow biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Somebody pinch me
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
today was a huge milestone. I kept thinking about all the members here, Vendors and friends that have made this build possible!!! It's not finished yet but a big thanks are in order!!!

Socalandy
piratenanner.gif More tomorrow...
r_towle
Fawesome
Cairo94507
Andy- Man am I jealous. That looks absolutely awesome. I was looking at the picture in post 980 of the fuel pump and fuel line, is that the correct type clamp? I am sure it must be or you would not used it. I just had heard that on fuel lines the clamp should be the style without the slots so they don't cut into the hose. I bet it is OK because if the cloth covered fuel line, but thought I would ask.
JRust
Andy maybe I missed it earlier. I see a side shift tranny there. It is all incredibly clean & beautiful. I went back to see pics of the firewall. For some reason your shift spot at the wall looks funny. Maybe I'm just getting tail shift & side shift mixed up. That looks like a tail shift wall bracket. Is there a custom boot your using to keep the dust out? Hell it's just been a long day & my brain isn't working. At least I can still drool over your car
CptTripps
Holy mother of shit, does that ever look awesome.
sbsix
took the words right outa my mouth....
Socalandy
more progress, CV's and shafts built and installed, Fuel lines complete along with excel,clutch and speedo cables. Went to mount the oil hard line but didn't have the correct fitting for the 3L case so that will be here on Monday so couldn't continue with the oil lines and exhaust.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Andy- Man am I jealous. That looks absolutely awesome. I was looking at the picture in post 980 of the fuel pump and fuel line, is that the correct type clamp? I am sure it must be or you would not used it. I just had heard that on fuel lines the clamp should be the style without the slots so they don't cut into the hose. I bet it is OK because if the cloth covered fuel line, but thought I would ask.

Clamps are OE German and will not cut into the lines. To answer Jamie, our relocated resident German "Thomas" built the trans and converted to side shift, I'm running sideshift gear up front with Patrick Motorsports rear tube and bushings
JRust
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 22 2014, 05:43 PM) *

Clamps are OE German and will not cut into the lines. To answer Jamie, our relocated resident German "Thomas" built the trans and converted to side shift, I'm running sideshift gear up front with Patrick Motorsports rear tube and bushings

I know you got it covered Andy. truly beautiful work. For some reason looking at the firewall pic it just looked wrong to me. Couldn't quite figure out why. I think it was just the combo of the tail shift rubber seal lip there & the upgraded bushing. I can't wait to see the video of it firing up. Going to be sweet to see you at Route 66 next month pray.gif
pete000
Who does your cad plating??

Socalandy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 22 2014, 08:00 PM) *

Who does your cad plating??

Bruce Stone, he takes the time to clean everything meticulously for the best result. He's another great resource for us Teeners!!!

Thanks Again Bruce smilie_pokal.gif

rick 918-S
I never knew Bruce does cad plating. I have seen some parts in the classifieds he was selling that looked newly plated but... idea.gif

Nice work Andy! first.gif
Cairo94507
I figured I was mistaken but to be safe wanted to ask the question. Looking just beyond beautiful. Cant wait to see it complete underneath so I can have that picture as a screen saver.
Socalandy
So I didn't get everything done before the show but it was a blast and thanks to everyone that came over and shared their thoughts. Now back to it and get it finished and driving!!!

Got the exhaust on before the Phoenix event and in the tent without a drop of rain.
2mAn
so beautiful. must be unreal for you
Luke M
Looking good there Andy..
Are you not going to run the front oil cooler ?
Keep up the great work.
Socalandy
Thanks,

In an effort to get a running 914 to the Phoenix Club event I bypassed the cooler but it will be connected and used!!! The last few months has felt a bit unreal and really hit me when the engine went in the car
scrz914
Any chance you will bring this beauty to the Porsche Parade in Monterey?
Cairo94507
That is just stunning. smilie_pokal.gif I would want to be able to drive it and when not driving it have it mounted on the wall in my home so I could appreciate the simplicity and beauty of the underside of these terrific cars. beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
I thought I saw a paint scratch, but it was only the lift arm biggrin.gif

This thing looks more and more amazing every update.
boogie_man
Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you (you were busy as was Eric) but in walking around your car it is just simply amazing. So much so that I drove back to my shop Sunday and kicked my tires...LOL. Great job Andy....... beer.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 3 2014, 05:43 PM) *

So I didn't get everything done before the show but it was a blast and thanks to everyone that came over and shared their thoughts. Now back to it and get it finished and driving!!!

Got the exhaust on before the Phoenix event and in the tent without a drop of rain.

drooley.gif bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.