Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Chris H.
Put that thing away! It's too nice to drive now. biggrin.gif

Can't believe it's pretty much DONE! Nice work.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2014, 09:05 AM) *

DUDE! blink.gif

It's " Dude...I Wish that was my 914"
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 17 2014, 08:41 AM) *

The car was invited to Monterey so that's my focus right now.

They should invite that sexy car to Pebble Beach. first.gif
Wow..Congratulations...How did it Feel after all that work to drive it the First Time ??
Socalandy
Thanks everyone!!!

My first drive was a bit of a blur. Yesterday's drive set in better and drove it home the long way today and got a better feel for it and was able to take in the moment. Of course it started to sprinkle but I didn't care. Just kept driving until the running lights went out hissyfit.gif but signals and brakes were still working. still have some electrical bugs.

Where is the full/low points on the -6 dip stick? 9 quarts in and still not hitting the stick. I'm happy with the ride height on the car, What do you guy's think??
Steve
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Congratulations!!! Car is amazing!! Looks like it belongs on the showroom floor with the original window sticker in it.
SLITS
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 25 2014, 08:59 PM) *

Thanks everyone!!!

My first drive was a bit of a blur. Yesterday's drive set in better and drove it home the long way today and got a better feel for it and was able to take in the moment. Of course it started to sprinkle but I didn't care. Just kept driving until the running lights went out hissyfit.gif but signals and brakes were still working. still have some electrical bugs.

Where is the full/low points on the -6 dip stick? 9 quarts in and still not hitting the stick. I'm happy with the ride height on the car, What do you guy's think??

With your system, it should hold about 13 quarts (volume of lines, oil cooler). I start with 8 and generally wind up putting 10 in which shows about 1 quart low on the 911 dip stick with my system.

Keep it up to temp and add a few more quarts. Check the stick after each addition. On the "real" six I think there is just a bump or hole for full.
sbsix
Andy, my new OE dipstick has an indent, then about 1/4 inch after the indent it has a line with "max" written. My OE six dipstick is somewhere in a box with old parts, but I don't think it had a line or "max" written on it IIRC. I have a 2.2L with stock oil lines. I take 9.5 quarts to hit right at the "max" line.

Sounds like you need to add & check to fill your system. Remember to keep track of how many quarts you add!
Socalandy
not posted in a bit but I've been pluggin away, got the new handles on, heat shield on firewall, wraped up the fuse pannel and cleaned up the engine wiring and installed the air filters
Socalandy
yellowsleep[1].gif
Socalandy
A big thanks to Glenn for relay board #2, Headlights working, turn signal dissection and fixed, Blacked out the front nose behind bumper, A/B pillars, rollbar pad, seats and belts in. It's getting very close and gave the car a final polish. More this weekend smash.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif Took it for a 60 + mile run yesterday and she's running sweet. 993 pulled up next to me in Seal Beach and we burned some gas and a little rubber on PCH... driving.gif What a blast
Socalandy
Tonight's project includes fumes from 3M adheisive blink.gif I was able to use one complete piece working in sections and some heat. Hope to finish the interior this weekend and then make some fine tuning on the head light gaps. The whole weekend is getting it finished and ready for San Marino and a little driving.gif
Making some progress...very nice. I only wish I had the patience to do what you've accomplished.
Congrats!
Cairo94507
Excellent! Your car is looking perfect.
Socalandy
for those that may not visit the WTB forum, I'm looking for 8 of these for my roll bar pad. PM me if you got some chowtime.gif

Thanks in advance!!!
boogie_man
QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 23 2014, 09:30 PM) *

Tonight's project includes fumes from 3M adheisive blink.gif I was able to use one complete piece working in sections and some heat. Hope to finish the interior this weekend and then make some fine tuning on the head light gaps. The whole weekend is getting it finished and ready for San Marino and a little driving.gif

That back pad looks awesome, what & where'd you get it ????

Car looks great Andy !!
Socalandy
QUOTE(boogie_man @ May 28 2014, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 23 2014, 09:30 PM) *

That back pad looks awesome, what & where'd you get it ????

Car looks great Andy !!

Thanks, First 914 I saw with perlon on the fire wall was in MoveQik's Six conversion so I followed his lead. Bought the carpet I wanted from a local upholstery shop and #2 3M spray adhesive from Pepboy's. Fabric is a bit stretchy that helped to form it in but thick enough that the silver on the sound mat won't show thru.
Socalandy
putting my H3 driving lights back together after paint. I figured they were a better choice than the standard fogs.
MoveQik
The back pad turned out great Andy! beerchug.gif
Speedmster
QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 27 2014, 07:01 PM) *

for those that may not visit the WTB forum, I'm looking for 8 of these for my roll bar pad. PM me if you got some chowtime.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

Andy,

I'm probably way outside my lane here, but a thought.

Those look a lot like the plugs that cover screw heads on office chairs.

Clint
Socalandy
I don't think office chair caps wont have the correct texture to match.

more items off the checklist. Thanks to 914 rubber and Bruce, door stays work great and not to bad to assemble, Ouch!!! use a vice when installing the springs. Sills installed, welting on engine lid, sun visors and more
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
And I did get a drive in biggrin.gif
JRust
Incredible Andy! Long time a coming & totally worth it. Love it man pray.gif
mgp4591
SEX-EEE!! Great job! smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
Well other than a few small item the car is done biggrin.gif and time to close out this thread.

What an amazing trip in bringing this car back to life!!! With highs and some lows along the way the hard work is over and now it's time to enjoy it. So here I go...

A Big Thanks too...

Joe Sharp for giving me the opportunity to restore this car. I truly hope your happy with the result.

Kent Simmons/ Auto Art Customs - Amazing guy with the talent to bring back a car so far gone, making all the corners correct without cutting corners. The body and paint is the first thing people see and what an amazing job first.gif

Craig Donaldson/ Image Imports who built my awesome engine!!!

Eric Shea
Ron Meier
Jeff Hines
Glenn Stazak
Rick Ollah
Glenn Sager
Bruce Stone
Edgar Vera

PMB Performance
Pelican parts
Restoration design
914 rubber.com
Al reed Polishing
Americote Powder coating
Patrick motor sports
Asse Sales
Sierra Madre
Ebay $$$ lol-2.gif

Just to name a few... and to this site and all the members with the help, tips, parts and most of all the amazing comments along the way. You guy's kept me going!!! Sorry If I forgot anybody and if I did and I'm sure I did THANK YOU beerchug.gif
mgp4591
So this means we're gonna see you in Moab in September?! confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 10 2014, 02:24 AM) *

So this means we're gonna see you in Moab in September?! confused24.gif

agree.gif BTW: drooley.gif
t collins
Outstanding build! first.gif
Cairo94507
We have truly seen some amazing builds by some extremely talented people who have managed to raise the bar for the rest of us when it comes to maintaining these cars for future generations to see and enjoy. Great work - this is a beautiful car with superb craftsmanship. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Going to miss this Build thread..Your Six Really turned out NICE..I wish I made it to San Marino..914- smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Take Care,Alan
JmuRiz
Trophy worth build for sure...I'll use it as a reference to how "not-done" mine is and what I can aspire to.
sbsix
Inspirational Andy. Thanks for sharing all your hard work and inviting all of us to see your six transformed into a work of art. I'll miss your thread.
Socalandy
Thanks guy's

Yes I'm planning on being in Moab piratenanner.gif
Mr.242
Congrats on the build...gotta feel good! Looks pretty freakin awesome. first.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm way impressed with this build. From what you started with to what you finished with. Amazing work!
Eric_Shea
Time to set the ride height and get a performance alignment. wink.gif

"Epic Build Andy!"
SirAndy
I think you need to post a before/after image here to wrap this up ...
biggrin.gif
CptTripps
WELL done sir. agree.gif with SirAndy. We need a "before/after" pronto.
Socalandy
Thanks Again guy's!!!!!!!

I do plan to get the four wheel align and lower the rear ride height to remove the rake. Before and after as requested.
ConeDodger
Wow! blink.gif pray.gif wub.gif
Krieger
first.gif Great work! Time to enjoy it.
Sleepin
I still don't understand why you got rid of the purple tint on the back window.....
Sleepin
beerchug.gif
tpines
Awesome car Andy! Hope to see it someday!

Clark.
pete000
Stunning rescue !
CptTripps
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 7 2014, 11:46 PM) *

first.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif first.gif
nine11speedster
what a great thread. Thank you and congratulations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.