Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
Yeah, this was the first side and right after I realized the dust shields were not correct for S calipers and took the rotors off and deleted the shields. I did notice it was the drivers side and both bleeders are on top.

I had a few steps backwards today but got it done less the proportioning valve and bleeding
badm
Wow! I have been away from the World for the last year and just spent the last 20 min on your thread. Having gone through some of the same process it's amazing to see it in pictures. Your quality of work is amazing and trust me in the end it will all be worth the trouble and time. My GT took 5 years and I never thought it wold be done. Badm
McMark
Lookin good! thumb3d.gif

You don't need clamps on the reservoir blue lines. No pressure there.
pete000
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 11 2013, 08:26 AM) *

Did the 914's 6 and 4's come from the factory clamp less?
mepstein
QUOTE(pete000 @ Aug 11 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Maybe overkill but maybe not a bad idea to insure the lines never come loose and drip fluid on the paint.
Socalandy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Aug 11 2013, 09:59 AM) *

This is the original line and it had claps on each hose? Not to say a PO had done it but it's the way it was when I got the car. confused24.gif
bigkensteele
I don't disagree with Mark, but nobody ever lost their braking when they really needed it by clamping a hose that didn't technically need to be clamped. Mine appear to be clamped from the factory as well.
bigkensteele
Doh! Double post.
Sleepin
Nice Andy! Any Updates?
Socalandy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 20 2013, 03:00 PM) *

Nice Andy! Any Updates?

Sadly No sad.gif Work has been crazy and the car wont be ready for RRC this year. I'm not going to rush it and then make that drive to CO. my shake down test. I'll still be in the garage this weekend getting things done!!!
Sleepin
sad.gif That sucks man...but it will add to the anticipation for us Red Rockers. smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 21 2013, 08:37 AM) *

Nice Andy! Any Updates?

Sadly No sad.gif Work has been crazy and the car wont be ready for RRC this year. I'm not going to rush it and then make that drive to CO. my shake down test. I'll still be in the garage this weekend getting things done!!!

No fuchin way man! I'm taking a 3000 mile round trip & I don't even get to see your car headbang.gif . Bummer Andy sad.gif . I was really looking forward to seeing it in person. Feel free to finish it & tow it up biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 21 2013, 05:30 PM) *

Nice Andy! Any Updates?

No fuchin way man! I'm taking a 3000 mile round trip & I don't even get to see your car headbang.gif . Bummer Andy sad.gif . I was really looking forward to seeing it in person. Feel free to finish it & tow it up biggrin.gif

What kind of a knuckle head would tow a non-running 914 to an event? biggrin.gif
wingnut86
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Nice Andy! Any Updates?

What kind of a knuckle head would tow a non-running 914 to an event? biggrin.gif

Most of us Erc, most of us... wacko.gif

NARP914
WTF.gif Hey mister... what give with providing some updates?!?!? This thread is inspiring me to take on a GT conversion of my own for my little '72 yellow go-kart.

Please don't hold back, we ALL want to see more PROGRESS!!!

Oh, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! beerchug.gif

-The other 'YELLOW' 914 owner near you...

QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Aug 23 2013, 05:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Nice Andy! Any Updates?

Most of us Erc, most of us... wacko.gif

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 05:14 AM) *

lol-2.gif How the hell did I miss that confused24.gif . Nice one Eric although I think you joined me in that category evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 11 2013, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 05:14 AM) *

lol-2.gif How the hell did I miss that confused24.gif . Nice one Eric although I think you joined me in that category evilgrin.gif

Yes, but IIRC, Erc's car started and ran once he got there. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 11 2013, 03:13 PM) *

Yes, but IIRC, Erc's car started and ran once he got there. happy11.gif lol-2.gif

That is two years in a row that Erc brings a car on a trailer and then it doesn't do much. Maybe he is only good at making cars stop, not go. hide.gif
gifted914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 28 2010, 10:34 AM) *

lol-2.gif Had to give you another shot of the Rat. He was behind the winshield washer bottle. Hey Joe, Do you want your rat back??? icon8.gif

Stinky stromberg.gif

It is a true RATROD

Have a great time and looking forward to more photos.

Peter
JRust
All kidding aside & to get this back on topic!

PICTURES Andy biggrin.gif . Any progress to report? Can't wait to see your car finished drooley.gif
Luke M

icon_bump.gif

Hey Andy,

Looking good . What's the current status on the 6 ?
I need some more motivation to do some work on my 6.
Take care and keep up the good work.

beerchug.gif
mepstein

Brake lines on a restored 911 smile.gif
Socalandy
Hello 2014, Te holidays gave me some time to get back on the car biggrin.gif its getting really close to drive train insertion!!!
Socalandy
Bruce Stone told me about Evapo-rust, breaks down the rust and wont harm the plastic or rubber bits
bigkensteele
Glad to see you back! I have been missing this thread!
Socalandy
the window mech. runs very smooth now
wingnut86
Those window channels cleaned up GOOD.

I may have to rethink my eventual electric windows and just clean my dirty ones:-}
Socalandy
Muffler aktion035.gif RSR Sport model and when I read the install sheet it say's "not for street use" lol-2.gif
Socalandy
time to position the glass bumpers and epoxy on the brackets, then off to paint with the rockers and front valance
Socalandy
I added a WTB post in the classifieds and I'm looking for early door glass, drivers main window and passenger corner in Delour 1

Thanks in advance!!!
rick 918-S
What did you use to clean the regulators?

Car is looking drooley.gif
Cairo94507
Yay drooley.gif I have been missing this car. Nice to see more work - boy does it look good.
Socalandy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2014, 10:54 PM) *

What did you use to clean the regulators?

Car is looking drooley.gif

Thanks guy's!!!

over night soak in Evapo-Rust, this stuff works great and is non toxic and bio degradable. I get it at Pepboy's
sbsix
andy its great to see you posting your project again. i'm looking for an exact sport muffler like your dansk...did you source it at patrick or pelican?
Socalandy
QUOTE(sbsix @ Jan 7 2014, 09:33 AM) *

andy its great to see you posting your project again. i'm looking for an exact sport muffler like your dansk...did you source it at patrick or pelican?

Pelican, Give Glenn a call at ext. 240, IMO he is the best 914 resource there and owns 914's
boogie_man
IPB Image

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sbsix
thank you Andy!
pete000
What kind (brand) of spray glue are you using for installing your carpet and interior trim?
Socalandy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 7 2014, 04:51 PM) *

What kind (brand) of spray glue are you using for installing your carpet and interior trim?

3M high temp spray adhesive.
Socalandy
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jan 7 2014, 02:16 PM) *

IPB Image

I talked to Bob about re producing these for the Bugs and Van's. You want I'm guessing?
Socalandy
Anyone use a Mocal unit with their front cooler, looking for mounting ideas in the engine compartment. Show me our pics

Thanks
boogie_man
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 7 2014, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jan 7 2014, 02:16 PM) *

IPB Image

I talked to Bob about re producing these for the Bugs and Van's. You want I'm guessing?

No lol, for my 72 teener, sent you a p/m as well as a search party post when you
fell off the planet. Was worried sick ya know happy11.gif P.S. YOUR CAR LOOKS AWESOME !!!!
76-914
Looking good, Andy! Have you been sitting in it making vroom, vroom noises yet?
Socalandy
Windshield and rear glass installed today. biggrin.gif is it me or do the lines off the car stand out more with a windshield or I've just been staring at it without one for so long blink.gif
JRust
You going to drive it to Route 66 drooley.gif . You have 2 & 1/2 months to finish evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
Oh man... That's hot! evilgrin.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 8 2014, 06:40 PM) *

Windshield and rear glass installed today. biggrin.gif is it me or do the lines off the car stand out more with a windshield or I've just been staring at it without one for so long blink.gif

They stand out more.
Beautiful work and car. Keep it up.
wingnut86
There's a gentleman up the road from our house who owns his own business. He has a small entrance/lobby for his business that honestly was never used in previous years.

The lobby has 2 glass French entrance doors that are smoke tinted with half windows on either side.

A number of years ago he decided to start "showcasing" his hobbies, if not his true loves. 2 different Dodge Vipers (1 red, 1 yellow), A mid-90's corvette, a few different Quad's and some motorcycles of different breeds. The stable is phenomenal after the sun goes down, especially since his location is off of a main road and he's not looking for a high traffic following.

This car is going to scream for that same respect and occasional exposure.

Don't let her languish in a dark/dingy garage, even if you just bring her out occasionally - make sure she sees the bright light when you do.

She's gorgeous. aktion035.gif

Dave

first.gif

Luke M
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 7 2014, 09:11 PM) *

Anyone use a Mocal unit with their front cooler, looking for mounting ideas in the engine compartment. Show me our pics

Thanks

Andy,

Are you planning on installing the t-stat in the engine bay or front trunk?
I like the lower firewall/engine bay mounting area.
Here's a few links that I've looked at for my car :

Marv's car post 50 & 51 : http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...41464&st=40

Post 7 : http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=oil%20cooler

http://www.sayegh.me/sayegh/914.html
mepstein
Andy - I applaud your vision!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.