Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Aaron Cox
looking good!

what did you grind the fender welding down with? flapper wheel? what grit?

(i'll be embarking on this task shortly...)
effutuo101
Beautiful work. Looking forward to paint!
Socalandy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 12 2012, 07:33 AM) *

looking good!

what did you grind the fender welding down with? flapper wheel? what grit?

(i'll be embarking on this task shortly...)

Thanks Guy's

Disk to flapper wheel 36 grit. No matter how smooth it is you'll still need a thin coat of filler to blend it perfect
jmill
Amazing work!!! first.gif

Socalandy
the body work on the flares is done and it's time to build the rotiss. and get the pans replaced.

Engine stands are sweet so its time for some metal and bottle jacks. Also I had to see one side of the car with it's shoes. Pinch me biggrin.gif
Socalandy
I Cant wait for paint. I'm thinking 2 stage like I did on my 72, Anyone have a picture of canary yellow GT side profile? I'd like to photoshop my wheels on it to get a rendering
Socalandy
hello Group,

I purchase some 944 3/4" spacers for the front and it kicks the wheel out perfect for the flares. Thats alot hanging out there with the stock spacer already, Am I safe to buy longer studs and go with it or is there another stronger/safer way to go confused24.gif

Thanks in advance!!!
mepstein
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 19 2012, 06:50 PM) *

hello Group,

I purchase some 944 3/4" spacers for the front and it kicks the wheel out perfect for the flares. Thats alot hanging out there with the stock spacer already, Am I safe to buy longer studs and go with it or is there another stronger/safer way to go confused24.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm using 944 spacers as well. My friend races a ford cobra with 3" of spacers on each wheel so I'm thinking we're ok.
Socalandy
the passenger sill is done and primered rear quarter.

I remember reading about the cost of materials for building a quality Rotiss. from Mr. O'Brien and how correct he was. Scratch the build as I bought one ready for use. picture's tomorrow
Socalandy
hope to have it on the rotiss this Sat. smash.gif
Madswede
This is really looking good, Andy! beerchug.gif
Socalandy
so its finally on the rotiss. and ready for floor pan removal smash.gif it took a bit of work to get it mounted
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
up and away biggrin.gif
Socalandy
just a few spot welds to drill out blink.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 2 2012, 09:00 PM) *

just a few spot welds to drill out blink.gif

What's with all the missing metal??? Looks like red stuff that eats old cars. poke.gif
Socalandy
Thanks for all the hard work Andy!!!!

Getting close to the end of all the metal work and should be cutting a path for GT cooler lines biggrin.gif Time for some progress pictures
Socalandy
welder.gif
Socalandy
Pans half way done
Socalandy
Aha, Found the other pics of the long repair to show more detail
infraredcalvin
Wow, car looking great, love the previous shots with the Fuchs, are those 15's or 16's ( I know you showed them before but too lazy to find). The factory 930 has about a 1" spacer on the rear hub with longer studs, you'll be fine with 3/4" spacers and longer studs.

That's a great looking rotisserie, wish I could stop the spending on the new dd and focus on the p-cars... I really miss my 914, these threads are so inspiring. You're pretty close, im on south oc, if you really need a hand let me know and I'll make some time to lend a hand.
Socalandy
Thanks,

they are 16x7 and 8's

We are getting close and I've been having dreams of it painted and driving the car yellowsleep[1].gif

sbsix
Andy,

This is a great thread, thanks for posting everything. Can I ask you where you got your rotisserie? And are you planning to sell it after you finish your 6? I'm up for buying it from you if you are.

Gary
Socalandy
Thanks for the nice comments guys!!! I'm living my dream with this car and have many here to thank for helping make it possible and getting it done. pray.gif

I ordered the rotiss. from Summit Racing and if my buddy passes on buying it your 2nd in line since its was purchased for this project alone.
sbsix
Thanks Andy. Don't scratch it or anything, just in case!
porbmw
Nice!
Good to see you are saving it!
You'll be done before I get close to completing mine....don't let it stagnate!
Socalandy
We have a complete floor again, next are the seat reinforcement strips welder.gif
Socalandy
the jack points were hammered and this repaired area under gas tank the was swiss cheese
Socalandy
Well its been awhile but back at it after my buddy Kent broke his hand that closed the shop for 6 weeks.

Great to get back at it!! Finish work on the pans and prep for the last of the stiffining kit...
Socalandy
welder.gif cutt the plug holes and need to notch them for the locking tabs, Front hood is close to done biggrin.gif
Socalandy
It was great to get the car on the rotiss. but cant wait to get it back on the ground. No more rust please pray.gif
sixnotfour
wow, oil lines monday, and some cheezy templates, cut once.
bigkensteele
I am impressed that you went to the trouble to do the plugs. It is that kind of attention to detail that will set this car apart - great work!
peteyd
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jul 7 2012, 04:51 PM) *

I am impressed that you went to the trouble to do the plugs. It is that kind of attention to detail that will set this car apart - great work!

agree.gif

That rotis is a serious piece too! Great job Andy
Socalandy
The last of the rear suspention supports are in welder.gif smash.gif welder.gif
Socalandy
Next will be the GT engine mount modification and backing plates for the sway bars biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Hello All. I'm looking for a good picture of where the oil line suport hook should be so I can get it back in the correct position

Thanks in advance!!
sbsix
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 12 2012, 09:46 AM) *

Hello All. I'm looking for a good picture of where the oil line suport hook should be so I can get it back in the correct position

Thanks in advance!!

Andy,

Are those Racer Chris' mounting sleeves installed on your susp console?

I'll crawl under my six when I get home tonight and take a picture of the oil line support hook for you.

Gary
Socalandy

I'll crawl under my six when I get home tonight and take a picture of the oil line support hook for you.

Gary

If my memory is correct YES and thanks in advance for the pic.

I think it should be strait down with no bends confused24.gif
sbsix
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 12 2012, 10:12 AM) *

Gary

If my poor memory serves me I think its not quite 90 degrees straight down, but has a slight angle to it, but the pictures will confirm.
sbsix
QUOTE(sbsix @ Jul 12 2012, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 12 2012, 10:12 AM) *

Gary

If my poor memory serves me I think its not quite 90 degrees straight down, but has a slight angle to it, but the pictures will confirm.

Andy this is my first attempt to add a picture to a post, please be patient.Click to view attachment
sbsix
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI have 9 more pix of the oil line hook. From the pictures you can see a slight curve from top to bottom, I think in order for the oil line coupling to fit properly.
sbsix
you can see the slight curve from the top. The clearance at the coupling is minimal and would not fit if the hook was completley straight.Click to view attachment
sbsix
the curve is exaggerated because of the harsh lighting, but the end of the hook curves back slightly
sbsix
this shot shows the slight curve compared with a straight edge. I was upside down taking this shot and suprised this one came out as well as it did
sbsix
this shows the slight curve at the end of the hook towards the rear of the car
sbsix
the edge is highlighted by the flash, but it does show the curve again
sbsix
this shows both curves and the relationship of the hook to the oil line coupling.
sbsix
this shot shows the oil line coupling and the clearances again. Of course, there is play in the line when you move it, but the coupling fits nicely within the curves surfaces.
sbsix
another shot of the curves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.