Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 4 2013, 05:58 AM) *

Looking nice Andy! RRC?

The race to RRC is on but I still have a lot to do. unsure.gif I plan on getting a bunch of things done this weekend.
Socalandy
Well I didn't get all day on the car but this weekend will have no interruptions I hope, All the tunnel work is done but the shift linkage.
6freak
Nice stuff Mr

smile.gif
Cairo94507
Stunning and I like that you shrink wrapped the fuel lines too. Anything we can do to prevent friction or rubbing or rattling on these cars is worth it in my opinion. I just hope I remember all of this stuff when my car begins its assembly phase.
Socalandy
lots of cleaning and prepping the relay board, wipers and headlight motors and get them installed. Test fitted the oil tank and getting ready to install the master cyl. and the last of the hard lines connected.

I missing the top bracket for my engine mount if anyone has one pray.gif upper right piece in the 1st photo.
Socalandy
Hope it all works when it gets power biggrin.gif
Socalandy
got the headlight motors in and wired, now to fish the turn signal wires thru the J tube rubber. Steering column is ready and gauges are next. It's almost time for the drive train driving.gif
Socalandy
got the headlight motors in and wired, now to fish the turn signal wires thru the J tube rubber. Steering column is ready and gauges are next. It's almost time for the drive train driving.gif
Socalandy
Socalandy
Socalandy
working on the car trying to find a comfortable position in the car to work from has given me back pains. Yes I'm still working on the wiring but getting really close now. A enlarged color copy of the diagram is helping lol-2.gif thanks to Kinko.s. Utility knife for reference.

Engine seal is in, cleaned all my ground points and installed the relay board. Need to refinish the combo gauge but plan to have a triple gauge adding temp and oil pressure installed down the road. smash.gif
shuie
Nice work. If you don't already have the correct blue/grey braided hose for the master cylinder feed lines shoot me a shipping address and I will send you some. I have ~2ft of it sitting here that I will never use for anything
Socalandy
QUOTE(shuie @ Jul 14 2013, 09:08 PM) *

Nice work. If you don't already have the correct blue/grey braided hose for the master cylinder feed lines shoot me a shipping address and I will send you some. I have ~2ft of it sitting here that I will never use for anything

Thanks, I just bought 5 meters last week since I was unable to find anyone that sold anything shorter in blue German grade. I appreciate the offer!!!
Socalandy

Thanks, I just bought 5 meters last week since I was unable to find anyone that sold anything shorter in blue German grade. I appreciate the offer!!!

I was thinking of running it all the way down to the MC but dont know yet if there is enough clearance between the tank and body?
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 15 2013, 05:11 PM) *

I was thinking of running it all the way down to the MC but dont know yet if there is enough clearance between the tank and body?

I will buy some from you to help you recoup the cost.

I love this thread!
Cairo94507
Andy- Once you figure out the length you will need for your car I will buy an equal length from you, if you are willing to sell some, for my Six. Thanks. Michael
Socalandy
Trying to find a source for the clear plastic lines so I'll only need 6 inches, Then there will be plenty to go around. If I don't find some I may have enough for 3 cars total

Sanded and polishing the window channels tonight so I can assemble the doors. Hard to get a good picture but harder getting all the anodizing and scratches out.

Mr.242
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 9 2013, 11:01 PM) *

Steering column is ready and gauges are next.

FYI: Those brown and Brown/white striped wires come out the front of the steering column for the horn ring hookup. Otherwise....looking GREAT! drooley.gif
Socalandy
First piece of glass in the car. I'm sure I'll have some more adjustments as I add the window mech. and glass.
mepstein
Andy - What are you doing to the polished aluminum to keep it from oxidizeing?
Socalandy
I don't plan on letting it oxidize FERG.gif and I have plenty of Wenol polish if it starts to. I'd rather polish it than clear coat or anodize them
Socalandy
Freshly color sanded and polished. These take lots of fiddling to get adjusted. need to lower the front latch a bit and done on the drivers side.
Cairo94507
Ohhhh Myyyyy! That is incredible. wub.gif
ConeDodger
I've never smoked, but I think I need a cigarette... drooley.gif
JeffBowlsby
The tubing is Nylon 6 and a milky white, not clear. It jus looks somewhat clear with fluid in it. Look for it at places like McMaster Carr.

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 15 2013, 08:53 PM) *

Trying to find a source for the clear plastic lines so I'll only need 6 inches, Then there will be plenty to go around. If I don't find some I may have enough for 3 cars total

Sanded and polishing the window channels tonight so I can assemble the doors. Hard to get a good picture but harder getting all the anodizing and scratches out.

Socalandy
Another week toast with being on call mad.gif and RRC is looking grim at this point but I'm still trying. Got the upper dash vinyl done and the dash out of the box and on the car. Still need to stretch and glue the leading edge and around the defrost vents.
Socalandy
Finally got my plates in and Back at it tonight and the weekend...
Ferg
piratenanner.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 15 2013, 08:32 PM) *

Andy- Once you figure out the length you will need for your car I will buy an equal length from you, if you are willing to sell some, for my Six. Thanks. Michael

I found the Nylon6 tubing for the brake fluid res. and had to buy a 100' roll so I will puts some kits together with the blue hose and start a WTB thread when it gets here for those interested biggrin.gif
sbsix
Andy, I really like your plate choice. Clever.
MATTYLITE
cool project! Dash came out great
ben*james
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 2 2010, 07:58 PM) *

I recieved my Certificate of Authenticity today and now know my engine case number!!! biggrin.gif

Now for the needle in the hay stack hunt for it. Please keep your eyes peeled!!! Thanks

Socalandy, how do you receive a certificate of authenticity?.....I need to know ASAP:)

Thank you very kind sir. Your friend up north. - pdx

Socalandy
here's the link but beware, it may not be complete with all the details but should at least give you your build date and engine number.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...ofauthenticity/

ben*james
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 31 2013, 09:04 PM) *

here's the link but beware, it may not be complete with all the details but should at least give you your build date and engine number.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...ofauthenticity/

Thank you so much!
Helps tremendously.
pray.gif
Socalandy
So not a lot of progress pics but huge progress under the dash and lights/guages Thanks to some much needed help Ron "SLITS " and Glenn From Pelican!!! we wrapped up the electrical checking every wire and testing continuity on Sat. Thanks Guys pray.gif

Today I finish the leading edge tuck on the dash vinyl and bolted it in. A little brake rotor painting , hung the oil lines. wiper assembly and Yes Erc... Started blocking out my fiberglass bumpers from Getty Design so they can be painted along with the rockers next week. Thanks for the rotors PMB

Still a lot to do smash.gif
Socalandy
Time to call Rafino for a windshield biggrin.gif
sbsix
Andy, what paint did you use on your rotors?
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 31 2013, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 15 2013, 08:32 PM) *

I found the Nylon6 tubing for the brake fluid res. and had to buy a 100' roll so I will puts some kits together with the blue hose and start a WTB thread when it gets here for those interested biggrin.gif

Dude... I have a roll here. lol3.gif

Looking good Chief!
Socalandy
QUOTE(sbsix @ Aug 5 2013, 08:38 AM) *

VHT 1850 deg. header paint
bulitt
Is this car going to a museum when finished? Auction?
Way too nice to drive! shades.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 5 2013, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(sbsix @ Aug 5 2013, 08:38 AM) *

VHT 1850 deg. header paint

Good move, I will do the same on mine when my car comes back from the shop. My rotors have surface rust that makes the fancy parts look ugly.
Socalandy
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 5 2013, 01:03 PM) *

Is this car going to a museum when finished? Auction?
Way too nice to drive! shades.gif

Thanks for the great compliments!!! I plan on driving it a lot and fully enjoying it for many years and 914 events. driving.gif The VHT header paint held up great on my 72 rotors and keeps the rust away.
Socalandy
More bling from PMB installed!!! Got out to the garage after work and set the back spacing to center the calipers. Should have all the brakes done tomorrow and bleed the system biggrin.gif

ConeDodger
Ooo! Ahh! evilgrin.gif
Cairo94507
Andy- Very nice. Did you grind down the trailing arm reinforcements for clearance for the GT calipers or did you space the rotor outward? My car will stay narrow-bodied so I can't afford to space the rotor outward.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 10 2013, 07:00 AM) *

Andy- Very nice. Did you grind down the trailing arm reinforcements for clearance for the GT calipers or did you space the rotor outward? My car will stay narrow-bodied so I can't afford to space the rotor outward.

Thanks, I opted for the tube style reinforcement adding the two you see in the photo so I think your referring to the stock brake adjustment tube in the swing arm? I did grind the outside tube down per Eric Shea's recom. to clearance the caliper from the swing arm. It cleared piratenanner.gif
SLITS
Andy, I don't remember if your rear hubs are "hub centric" or not. If "hub centric", a 5 mm spacer under the caliper ears is necessary to center the rotor. They don't look "hub centric".

Forget it ... it's a stock six now that the grey cells have kicked in!
Socalandy
No problem Ron, I installed my calipers, lines,spacers and bolted the wheel on only to relize the pads didnt go in... blink.gif But i did get all four corners done today biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Bleeder on the bottom?
ConeDodger
Pretty sure the bleeder and line go on the inside. If the bleeder isn't on the top, how can the air get out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.