Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
sbsix
wish this one turned out without the glare, but it shows the end curve of the oil line hook.

Hope this helped a bit. Keep up your restoration posts, they're fantastic and inspiring. Sorry for all the undercoating in the pictures, this car was delivered and driven in Germany for a few years and they covered the underside in this thick goop. I'm almost afraid to scrape it off for fear of the car falling apart!
Socalandy
WOW, Thank You Sir!! first.gif

That is enough to remove all doubt
Socalandy
Thanks Jeff and Eric drooley.gif aktion035.gif shades.gif

Holy stromberg.gif these are nice!!!!!
Socalandy
wub.gif
Socalandy
notches for body plugs cut and stop dimple hammered in, e-brake tunnel. Time for the seat mounts smash.gif
Socalandy
more progress after a trip to see another 914. Yep, with Kent working on 914 #2 for me he has picked up this addiction biggrin.gif aktion035.gif V8 Conversion 72 and I will make sure he adds it to the database.

Bottom edge of flares cleaned up and body plugs fit sweet.
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
flares are rock solid!! The dent in the bottom of the pass. side long was pulled out and back where it belongs
Socalandy
Carbs are finally done drooley.gif Please ignore the manifolds, I'm resizing the clean set to the larger heads.
Socalandy
and picked up some powder coat this morning. Time to start putting the front suspension together And Kent made some progress at the shop with the engine mount aktion035.gif
Socalandy
Looking for a confirmation on if this is the correct oil return line from the engine case so I cant have the rest of the lines made?? The bends don't seem quite right and ones a bit longer

Thanks
1TRICK6
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 26 2012, 05:49 PM) *

Looking for a confirmation on if this is the correct oil return line from the engine case so I cant have the rest of the lines made?? The bends don't seem quite right and ones a bit longer

Thanks

Check this link

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...ished-part.html

Jim
Socalandy
Thanks, I'd seen these and some others on the GT site and that's what started my question. You can see they are similar but have different lengths mainly up front where the nose cone mounts to the engine.

I wish there was a P/N on it wacko.gif
Socalandy
resizing the intakes to match the 3.0 heads. I'm happy with the bit I'm using, it will take less work getting the final finish I want to end up with.
Socalandy
did some mock up on the front oil cooler so cutting can begin and got the rear sway bar mounts on the car. Slowly chipping away at the list smash.gif
Socalandy
rear deck lid is ready for final prep. Kent did a great job getting this back into perfect shape again!!!
Socalandy
Started the oil cooler install biggrin.gif
Mr.242
Nice looking car and the work is top notch! Cannot wait to see this car done and driving.
Steve
Nice work Andy!! Thanks for sharing!!
ConeDodger
Andy,
You have probably already seen this picture but I thought I would post this...

This is what an 8.5X16 looks with 225.50X16 tires on AA flares. Your factory flares don't have the flange on the inner arch. Mark had to trim my flares to fit these. You should be just fine...

Great build! first.gif
Socalandy
Thanks Rob, Looks awsome!!!

been awhile on progress pics, the car is almost ready for final blocking and sealing and all the paint has been purchased. still a bit of seam sealing and undercoat it so color is about 3-4 weeks out now biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Oil cooler pan and shroud
Socalandy
the goods with the canary yellow to be picked up next week drunk.gif
gothspeed
Wow ....... looking great beerchug.gif !!! If you dont mind me asking ....... what kind of primer have you been using to this point?
Socalandy
I will have to ask Kent but its a urethane based primer that woks great applied to bare metal. My color is single stage concept PPG and he had goose bumps when we got it drooley.gif
gothspeed
Thanks man!!! I will finally be putting my flares on in the next day or two and and wanted to prime any bare metal as it arose.

Canary Yellow sounds awesome BTW .... sunglasses.gif
Eric_Shea
Andy, did you the math on those louvers? I always thought the exit wound was suppose to be 2-3x the size of the entrance wound.
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 2 2012, 12:52 AM) *

Andy, did you the math on those louvers? I always thought the exit wound was suppose to be 2-3x the size of the entrance wound.

ditto...

but the car is looking amazing Andy!

Socalandy
Thanks Guys!!!

Looks like another row of louvers are needed and up size the others.

I was debating a down facing fan on a thermostat for the chance I get stuck in some hot traffic mad.gif but the space is tight and I think it would screw up good air flow? I'm still running the cooler on the motor so I think it's over kill. GURU's??

Eric_Shea
I would imagine driving intent would have a lot to do with it but, I would not want heated air hanging up by the cooler
Socalandy
Well my travel fest is over and time to catch up on things, Oil cooler routing was done this weekend and need to download pics of that. Getting very close to color biggrin.gif
Socalandy
really happy with the new floor pan's, allot of work but worth it!! The whole car has been blocked and the color match looks dead on beerchug.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Krieger
Your car looks awesome! Why do yo still have the door bars on?
Gint
Lookin good Andy.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 28 2012, 10:14 AM) *

Your car looks awesome! Why do yo still have the door bars on?

The last of the welder.gif welding was done yesterday to clearance the jack point for the oil lines. It's probably over kill but the car is in spec. and staying that way!! Cheap insurance for sure and the door bars will be in the classified section soon enough.

Dare I say this is the last 914 resto for me confused24.gif
JawjaPorsche
Wow! That is looking great!

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
Very cool Andy! I hope to one day to be able to invest the time and money that you have into your project - you clearly are doing it the right way.

I really dig the Canary yellow, and you will be really happy with the PPG. Its expensive for a reason!
bcheney
You're doing some nice looking work Andy. Keep up the momentum! I love yellow!!
Eric_Shea
smilie_pokal.gif

Andy, look into cutting the drivers side 1/4 panel above the jack post for the oil lines. Check my Facebook album for details. I'll try to post some pictures when I get to a pc.
Socalandy
sawzall-smiley.gif ok, no sawzall but cutting occured. Again a big thanks the Jeff Hines and Eric Shea for the installation input for these awesome oil lines!!!
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
beerchug.gif another step closer to paint.... Maybe confused24.gif what else will pop up
Cairo94507
I love those lines!
sbsix
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Oct 30 2012, 09:45 PM) *

beerchug.gif another step closer to paint.... Maybe confused24.gif what else will pop up

Andy, that oil line hook looks perfect!
Socalandy
you never know what the day will bring biggrin.gif First was my buddy that went to Germany for vacation and he got me an NOS -6 owners manual drooley.gif I need to find my used one, I dont remember it having the VW Porsche verbage?

Then home before the sun went down and started the stiffening mod on the swing arms and then got a little crazy and bought a flex honer and finished the intakes
sixnotfour
Nice job on the mani's,
front closing plate mailed.
914Sixer
USA manuals did not have VW Porsche logo on them. It is a ROW version of the manual. Later reproductions had VW Porsche logo on them from Porsche.
Socalandy
got the oil line brackets biggrin.gif Thanks Jeff!!!

And got them mocked up. After welding up so many holes we made a few more for the emblem...
Socalandy
two holes to weld up where a 1.? or 2.0 emblem was welder.gif I bet based on the spacing someone can tell what it was but I'm not sure what car the tail section came from
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.