Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Doc's tranny waggin'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
scotty b
Or

Dr.Evil's CAMPERVERSION

scotty b
smile.gif
scotty b
flag.gif
scotty b
drunk.gif
scotty b
Just to confrim it is indeed a real vw bus. AND proof it is a true TRANNY waggin av-943.gif
G e o r g e

Click to view attachment
Tears of rust it is related to the 914
scotty b
About 1.5 minutes with the buffer smile.gif It has now been marked and shall never leave. Worst rust spot, there are a few other very small spots but this is by far the worst aktion035.gif
scotty b
End result will be something along these lines popcorn[1].gif
scotty b
QUOTE(George H. @ Apr 9 2008, 05:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Tears of rust it is related to the 914

I like that smile.gif Should be Mike's new avatar poke.gif
rick 918-S
I've replaced those dog leg sections b4. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
Bleyseng
sumthin like this!
roadster fan
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 9 2008, 05:38 PM) *

AND proof it is a true TRANNY waggin av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

av-943.gif you are killin me!
type11969
Jealous of those seats, look way more comfortable than the stock ones in my 76.
Dr Evil
Boo ya! Scotty, thanks for the eval and all of the work you have done so far. smile.gif That paint is not bad at all.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, I was thinking rust tears when I saw that pic, too.
degreeoff
Rock on MAN!! I may have to follow suit...I had 2 @ 1972 buses...one was a camper and one an original owner 42k mile that had sat for years! Its most exelent feature was a sunroof the size of the superdome unto which we (unamed huligans from my youth) would launch water ballons out of while driving the strip @ VA beach!!!
purple
Am I missing something?

If you have a 4 on the floor shifter, where is the clutch?

Is it a 'sportmatic' ?

Me's confusalated!
type11969
thought the same thing then saw that it was just depressed to the floor and under the floor mat in that one pick. You can see it with the mat removed. Cable must not be connected.
tdgray
Looks pretty good... ahhh brings back memories biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I hope that is it. The tranny is supposed to be in it still.
type11969
maybe they installed the pressure plate backwards so you now have to pull up on the clutch pedal to disengage it.
Wilhelm
Be perfect with a 5.3 litre SBC!!!!!!
Dr Evil
He said that it needed either an ig switch or the whole key part. Which is it, do you know, Scotty?
scotty b
P.O. disconnected the cable when he removed the engine. Tranny is there.

I am assuming the switch is bad.The tumbler feels fine, key turns to all positions so I'm assuming the electrical portion is bad. Let me look into it some more before buying one.
Dr Evil
Thats good news because the switch is cheap and readily available smile.gif
Dr Evil
This should be marked OT! mad.gif tongue.gif

So, I have already purchased the required parts as per Scotty's recommendation. Total; $175 with shipping. smile.gif Man these parts are cheap. piratenanner.gif

I got both outer rockers, inner and outer lower step for the right side front, front, rear, and 2 side window seals, and an ig switch ($6).
scotty b
So Mike came down this weekend and we spent about 6 hours on the bus Saturday. While I cut out rot and started repairing, Mike stripped arpound all of the window frames and the seams between body panels. I actually got the passengers side repaired but forgot to take a pic. I did not use the replacement pice as the stamping quality was complete shit dry.gif Passenger rocker needs to be bowed a bit to fit correctly and the drivers rocker turned out to be much wwrse then expected. Needs the wholle inner rocker as well.
scotty b
Mo
scotty b
Later we went out with 2 of his friends in town and went out for sushi where he let it be known that he recent;ly learned what anal ease is for and that the sushi did not taste like rotten semen unsure.gif
scotty b
and the offending patch. I may be single and I may not get laid but at least I am not familiar with the flavor of rotten spoog, or any other spoog for that matter. Sunday Mike met me back at the shop with PHO in hand and we got a good start on wiring my motorcycle then went to my house and got my dads tranny 75% done, then I bitched out on a cookout his friends were having in order to take care of laundry and bills slap.gif
brer
wow, is that a repair panel?? who makes those?

I do see one major problem though.
Longboards do not rule.
scotty b
QUOTE(brer @ May 26 2008, 01:05 PM) *

wow, is that a repair panel?? who makes those?

I do see one major problem though.
Longboards do not rule.

Um yes they do biggrin.gif

I forget the name of the repro company. Appeared to be Swedish or Scandinavian name. Mike got them from the Bus Depot who has a good rep, so it is probably the same panel most places carry. confused24.gif The part itself was 18 gauge so it wasn't cheapo thickness just a half assed stamping. Once I got the outer pice off and saw the majoruty of the insdie was good it just didn't seem to be worth getting the repro part to fit right. dry.gif
Dr Evil
Har har Scottmunch bootyshake.gif

It was fun hanging out this weekend. I wish we lived closer so I could help you out with your other projects. You missed out last night, drunken rockband and I was singing aktion035.gif
brer
You missed a nice SD bbq Mike. smile.gif

Don Traver and Sean came round and we did a proper west coast tri-tip roast up.
24hr soaked beans and Kelly's patented olive oil roasted potaters. Nice, but sure wish we had at least 2 more booties to fill the extra seats.

Always loved that Blue Color..

tongue.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 27 2008, 12:06 AM) *

It was fun hanging out this weekend. I wish we lived closer so I could help you out with your other projects. You missed out last night, drunken rockband and I was singing aktion035.gif

Ahh Rockband. One of my favorite things to do while drunk.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 27 2008, 09:56 AM) *

Zach

You get drunk and do rockbands? Is Erin cool with this?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 27 2008, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 27 2008, 09:56 AM) *

Zach

You get drunk and do rockbands? Is Erin cool with this?

Hey man, don't knock it till you've tried it!

The game is seriously fun. Like, addicting.

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 26 2008, 08:06 PM) *

Um yeah

More than a feelin Holmes

poke.gif sheeplove.gif gayfight.gif av-943.gif
stepuptotheMike
Saw this one while roamingst the net.... thought of the good dr.

http://www.hymanltd.com/search/Details.asp...;recordCount=64

-Mike
Brett W
Don't you love having you knees as the front line of defense in a head on collision?
Dr Evil
Most cars go under the bumper wink.gif
scotty b
Happy something day Mike smile.gif Striped, etched, primed, blocked, sealed, painted
scotty b
squirt squirt
scotty b
Last
Dr Evil
biggrin.gif

Thanks man! Did you get the headlight bucket and the check yet? It went out USPS I think (Heidi shipped it for me). That is looking awesome. I better get hot on building this engine.
Dr Evil
Did you get the spare tire mount in the last shipment? I need to ordered one? Probably a good time to install it, no? poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
Looks awesome.... Your going to have a sweet looking ride Mike. piratenanner.gif Nice work... er, werk Scotty
scotty b
Yeah Mike I got the bucket and the $$ and the tire mount. Test fit the mount, but haven't drilled the holes yet. I keep hoping you'll change your mind on it rolleyes.gif Those spare tires look like an old burned out decrepit a-hole should be driving the bus, but if that's the look you want poke.gif You need a fishing hat full of lures to fit the bill. Bus w/spare, pipe, fishing hat, coverd in blood laugh.gif
type11969
Mike, did you get the spare tire mount that has supports that run down to the bumper? If not, you are going to mess up that paint and any body work on the front end. Actually either way you probably will, but the mount that has supports running down to the bumper is much better in terms of messing up the ft end. I dig having the spare up front for a bunch of reasons, extra protection, extra space, but the biggest right now is to cover up the dents/paint scuffs from having the tire mounted up there for so many years.

If you want to save some cash you can return the front mount you just bought and I can send you the old ft mount I have that mounted to just the skin (I got one that ties in to the bumper). Its a little rusty but will clean up fine.

-Chris
scotty b
Chris he did NOT get one with bumper supports and I am worried about this one mangling the front end. It only mounts with 3 - 1/4" bolts. Unfortunately I have already opend the package so it can'y be returned. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.