Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just another damned project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 15 2018, 04:01 PM) *

Thx Jeff! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
This picture does this little justice. These are just back from Ogden Chrome. Like jewelry...
Mueller
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2018, 12:26 PM) *

This picture does this little justice. These are just back from Ogden Chrome. Like jewelry...

Pretty, just need a big old gold chain and you'd have a cool necklace! smile.gif

sixnotfour
you have just begun to be Holey..
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2018, 12:26 PM) *

Great looking door handles Rob, you really went all out again. pray.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 29 2018, 04:56 PM) *

you have just begun to be Holey..

Not going there Jeff. I'm just 'suggesting' the period correct GT elements. Underneath, she'll be unmolested.
TravisNeff
I wonder why they didn't fill up those darn holes poke.gif

They turned out great!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jun 29 2018, 06:48 PM) *

I wonder why they didn't fill up those darn holes poke.gif

They turned out great!

happy11.gif av-943.gif
ConeDodger
So up popped this. You guys know that Facebook feature where they post a memory only you can see. This popped up this morning. From the first WCR excursion to Medford. Before her hip surgery and heart transplant. She was always a gorgeous girl... evilgrin.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 9 2018, 07:48 AM) *

So up popped this. You guys know that Facebook feature where they post a memory only you can see. This popped up this morning. From the first WCR excursion to Medford. Before her hip surgery and heart transplant. She was always a gorgeous girl... evilgrin.gif

Rob - Thanks for the "before/after" pics. Seeing the car in the same color and 5 lug in both, really drives home the transformation from narrow to GT. Both versions are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
ConeDodger
You’re welcome Chris. When I got the car, it was stone stock 4 lug with the big bumpers. McMark once said it was one of the most original he’d seen. His employee Tim said he loved working on it because it was so clean.
I have always had a vision of what I wanted and although I certainly respect preservation cars, I followed the advice of the late Bruce Anderson and ‘start(ed) with the best car (I could) find.’
I spent yesterday driving her and went to two C&C events.
ConeDodger
Another win in the Sierra Nevada Region Car Washing Contest! av-943.gif

Had competition this year from Jack from Sacramento, and Doug Driver who’s car is technically a track star and not really meant for the street. Those of you who’ve seen my car know how low it is. His is 2-3” lower! blink.gif from first to third, there was 0.4 points between all of us. Jack’s car is a pretty much perfect 2.0 in Signal Orange and he could have gone full concours class and won. He got his front bumper from me a few years back.

They have parked my car in the same spot 4 years in a row! dry.gif
ConeDodger
This is the first year that I have gone with a (near) completely restored interior. I am patiently awaiting the targa bar pad completion by 914rubber. They ask you to open your doors so they can judge the interior and the only comment from the judge was “oh my, this is perfect!” I started checking off in my head where everything in the interior came from and realized everything was 914rubber.com. You can literally buy a whole new interior, less the targa bar pad and the a pillar trim from them!

Oh, and also a thank you is in order to Bruce Stone who replaced my missing A-pillar trim with a day to spare! Thanks Bruce!

What’s next Whitesell’s? Body-in-white? evilgrin.gif
McMark
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 29 2018, 08:13 PM) *

They'd end up being late to the party. ph34r.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 30 2018, 09:44 AM) *

They'd end up being late to the party. ph34r.gif

Did you just let that damned cat out of the bag?? evilgrin.gif
McMark
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 30 2018, 10:59 AM) *
They'd end up being late to the party. :ph34r

Might as well really let it out. Poor kitty has been waiting 7 years....
Body In White
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 30 2018, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 30 2018, 10:59 AM) *
They'd end up being late to the party. :ph34r

Might as well really let it out. Poor kitty has been waiting 7 years....
Body In White
ConeDodger
This came up as a friends Facebook memory today. 7 years ago. 2432 Raby motor. Cookies shining like jewelry. R rated rubber. I think I got two runs in before the fuel pump failed. Still got FTD on street tires.
ConeDodger
Got a little autocross action in today. Oh she loves this cool weather!
ConeDodger
Did cars and coffee today after yesterday’s autoX. The two Firebirds next to me both made over 700HP at the wheels. One is an LS TT! blink.gif
Mike Bellis
You were doing so good... But alas, another 914 trash can picture... cheer.gif

IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 16 2018, 11:24 PM) *

You were doing so good... But alas, another 914 trash can picture... cheer.gif

IPB Image

evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
I’m not sure I’ve ever posted a pic of my cars “mini me.”

These were part of a group buy years ago. The paint of course is custom to match my car.

It’s quicker off the line, but lacks the top speed of its big sister... evilgrin.gif

(Weird. No matter what I do, image remains upside down?)
sixnotfour
confused24.gif
Rand

Turn your phone over. There is a right side up.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 23 2018, 06:56 PM) *

My phone is just fine. that was taken with an iPad.
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 23 2018, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 23 2018, 06:56 PM) *

My phone is just fine. that was taken with an iPad.

Your iPad was upside down. tongue.gif beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Went to Euro Sunday today. I was the only Porsche in a BMW M rich environment. But here’s the deal, it was kind of a surreal experience. When I go to the Cars & Coffee events in town which are basically run by the Camaro Club of Northern Nevada, I might as well be invisible. I’ve never seen so much who fu*kin’ cares in my life. When I pulled in this morning, a guy sees my car as I’m driving in and practically chases me across the lot. When I parked, he was at my passenger door telling how this is his dream car and how he’s always loved them. So we start talking and looking at my car and then I ask which car is his. Oh, he has three of them there. A Ferrari, an M5 Coupe, and a Lamborghini. His kids drove two of them so he could drive the Hurrican. It was new and he wasn’t ready to toss them the keys... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
His name is John and he’s looking for a project to make a monster out of.
ConeDodger
Somebody drone’d me! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
Spent the day at a Cars & Coffee event then home to clean her up before she goes back to the warehouse.

Finally installed this. FGruppe. Thanks Larmo! I’m a proud member!
ConeDodger
So the guy from Reno Cars & Coffee tells me he was trying to take a picture of my car and “his camera got distracted...”

After I saw the picture, I get that!
ConeDodger
There are three different C&C groups that meet in Reno Sparks, plus SCCA has more than a dozen autocrosses a year so every weekend is something. This weekend was Euro C&C. This is my favorite because everyone is so enthusiastic about the other cars besides their own. Reno C&C is pretty much a Camero love fest. If you don’t have one, they ignore you.

These three pics are obviously, my car, but the red BMW belongs to my friend Gilbert. It’s supercharged and smokes everything in sight at the track. The white BMW license plate means “Son of a bitch” in Tagalog. evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
Another week another Cars & Coffee event. This one was a blow-out with over 100 cars.
It was heavily Subie, but we had a total of 4 Porsche’s there. Mine, a 2018 GT3, a Cayman S, and a 993.
That Audi wagon is twin turbo and it was breathing fire! The guy with the Delorean looks like he lives in his parents basement and plays video games night and day. blink.gif
The GT3 is paint to sample Viper Green from the 1970’s...
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 21 2018, 04:21 PM) *

Spent the day at a Cars & Coffee event then home to clean her up before she goes back to the warehouse.

Finally installed this. FGruppe. Thanks Larmo! I’m a proud member!

Love it thumb3d.gif
Where the R Gruppe at ¿!
ConeDodger
The FGruppe out for coffee with the other cars...
ConeDodger
Oh, and my wife’s car is in this batch of pics...
ConeDodger
Went to cars and coffee today. Came home to this tonight...

That’s really nice. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Opening of Cars and Coffee season here in the Reno Tahoe area... at least 150 cars!
ConeDodger
Or...
sixnotfour
omg.. you love your 914....you should get Yopu something better than a early Rabbit...just sayin....
rick 918-S
Like the plate on your friends BMW.
aktion035.gif Now your messin with a....... tunez.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 24 2019, 03:10 AM) *

omg.. you love your 914....you should get Yopu something better than a early Rabbit...just sayin....

Yopu has an M5. smile.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 4 2018, 05:51 PM) *

smile.gif
IPB Image

Super cool!
I love my S6 avant (despite the maintenance flaws) and an RS6 avant is always the dream for us here in the US. I think only a handful have done the conversion.
ConeDodger
EuroSunday today. Got some pictures of my favorites, but I got so focused when a collector with a pretty much perfect 308GTB offered an even up trade that I forgot to get a picture.
ConeDodger
That’s the Jeremy Renner Beach Boys Conversion next to mine. Jeremy was in town up in Incline but didn’t get up early enough to come... sad.gif
ConeDodger
This GTR is only 1200HP. It’s brakes, $10K! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.