Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just another damned project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Eric_Shea
yawn.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 10 2013, 03:18 PM) *

Ok, you should be getting pictures about now. poke.gif

agree.gif
Hurry up Rob the gallery can't wait much longer. drooley.gif Pics , Photo's popcorn[1].gif

Tom
ConeDodger
So, the suspense is killing you guys huh? How do you think I feel! evilgrin.gif

Well, she's home... Kinda cute isn't she? biggrin.gif

Big thanks to McMark and Original Customs. I'm told I would have had to pay for an additional 8 hours of labor in most cases. He welds G O O O D! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
How about a couple more? smile.gif
ConeDodger
rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
One more before I take her off the trailer and begin putting her back together... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
Looks great ..other than your front fenders are on backwards, No worries Brumos did too.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Looks great ..other than your front fenders are on backwards, No worries Brumos did too.

blink.gif Mark!!!!
Cairo94507
huh.gif
McMark
Looks like the angle to me. rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ May 10 2013, 07:51 PM) *

Looks like the angle to me. rolleyes.gif

I know... biggrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
Hey Rob, paint job looks good, sorry to hear about your mother in-law and will miss your smiling face at WCR.John
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 11 2013, 12:50 PM) *

Hey Rob, paint job looks good, sorry to hear about your mother in-law and will miss your smiling face at WCR.John

Thanks John...
Krieger
Looks awesome Rob! Very nice. Take your time putting it back together. first.gif first.gif
Cairo94507
Silver is a great color on these cars. Looks exceptional and looking forward to seeing the re-assembly.
ConeDodger
For Jeff...

Oh Damn!!! Mark!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 12 2013, 08:24 PM) *

For Jeff...

Oh Damn!!! Mark!

Finally a picture of your car without a trash can in the background. smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, Looks great!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 12 2013, 07:27 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 12 2013, 08:24 PM) *

For Jeff...

Oh Damn!!! Mark!

Finally a picture of your car without a trash can in the background. smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, Looks great!

It's garbage day Mike... Nicho put it out by the curb! evilgrin.gif
Rand
Here, let me fix that upside down pic...

happy11.gif
ConeDodger
H E Y ! ! ! blink.gif
ConeDodger
Made big progress putting her back together today. Rear bumper and valence on, outside mirrors on, rubber scraper for side windows on, triangle windows on, front and back lights on.

All that's left is wiring for the tails and front turns... Why couldn't Porsche use plugs like everyone else??? My FSM wiring diagram is almost unreadable too!
Mike Bellis
Bowlsby has a great tail light wiring diagram on his site.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 14 2013, 09:09 PM) *

Bowlsby has a great tail light wiring diagram on his site.

Thanks Mike!

Just remembered, I have to redo the vinyl and put the trim back on...
ConeDodger
Well, except for the sail fin vinyl which is on order from 914Rubber.Com, she is all put back together. Maybe I'm biased but I think she looks pretty darn good...

So just so I can start a new tradition, I took a bunch of upside down pictures of her!

Mark! blink.gif
ConeDodger
Then, just to make Jake proud, I took her for a drive around the block...

And broke a CV Joint... evilgrin.gif
r_towle
What size and make of wheels are those?
And
What is the other sbox in the garage?
ConeDodger
The rears are 16X8.5, the fronts are 16X7. They are RSR finish custom made by Weidman Wheels.

Not sure what an sbox is, but there is a 240Z? If you are referring to the engine on the floor, it is a 280ZX turbo block that I'm building into a normally aspirated 2.8 triple ITB Megasquirt motor for the Z...
McMark
Where's the carnage shot? happy11.gif

Oh, and we should look at motorcycle throttle bodies for the Z. Just got some for a 911 motor and I'm pretty impressed.
ConeDodger
Nothing showing. Just noise.

I think I'm just going to trailer it down to you with a list of things I need done while I'm in the Philippines...

Motorcycle TB? smile.gif
McMark
Check this thread for pics.
ConeDodger
So, true ITB's for the Z? (intrigued) biggrin.gif

Will they bolt up to the manifolds I have though?
McMark
These boots are pretty common and from what I've seen, they bolt right on Weber manifolds...
ConeDodger
So, I have to assume that appropriate sized injectors that will work with Megasquirt will fit then... smile.gif

For those who are lost right now, Mark and I have hijacked my own thread to talk about this car:
McMark
The injectors are pretty universal, so various flow rates are available.

I think you need a 2.8 Z engine build thread... happy11.gif

hijacked.gif
SirAndy
Ok, it's all nice and stuff, but you *really* need to get some spacers for those front wheels.

Makes me cringe every time i see a car with flares and stock track width in the front.

You got what, 5" of room to go outward?
blink.gif
edwin
Rob i assume the Z has a weber manifold now?
If so then rb26 throttles will bolt straight on and you can just add injector bungs where you want. Cheap too
Love the new paint, COTM?
Edwin
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 15 2013, 10:51 PM) *

Ok, it's all nice and stuff, but you *really* need to get some spacers for those front wheels.

Makes me cringe every time i see a car with flares and stock track width in the front.

You got what, 5" of room to go outward?
blink.gif

I know Andy... I'm bringing the car to Original Customs (whether Mark has time or not) with a list of things to do while I am in the Philippines. I'll put that on the list.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(edwin @ May 16 2013, 12:12 AM) *

Rob i assume the Z has a weber manifold now?
If so then rb26 throttles will bolt straight on and you can just add injector bungs where you want. Cheap too
Love the new paint, COTM?
Edwin

It does have Weber Manifolds now. I will have to look into RB26 TB's...

Not sure it's ready for COTM but I am pretty picky... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
So back to the subject of the thread...

Got a care package from 914Rubber.Com today. In it was the sail fin vinyl I ordered but I got a few other little tidbits since I was going to make Mark's warehouse fairy load a box. Although my rear trunk seals were very good factory seals albeit nearly 40 years old, I decided to give Mark's seals a try. After pressing them in place and trimming the excess with an aviation shear, this is the result.

The trunk sounds like it is sealed better if that makes sense. A more positive thunk??? dry.gif
ConeDodger
So, the moral of the story is friends don't let friends drive around with loose seals! Call Mark!! biggrin.gif
edwin
I should have said I have a set of those throttle bodies if you want pics or measurements.
I used them on my 1.8 type 4 but at 45mm they were a touch too big.
Hope this helps
ConeDodger
QUOTE(edwin @ May 20 2013, 09:01 PM) *

I should have said I have a set of those throttle bodies if you want pics or measurements.
I used them on my 1.8 type 4 but at 45mm they were a touch too big.
Hope this helps

Good morning Edwin... How does tomorrow look? biggrin.gif International Date Line time traveler!

Those throttle bodies are not very plentiful here, I'll take them off your hands if you can part with them reasonably...
Woody
Damn that car looks good. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Woody @ May 26 2013, 04:36 AM) *

Damn that car looks good. beerchug.gif

Thanks Woody! Say hi to my Mom for me! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
So before leaving for the Philippines, I dropped off the car for a little Original Customs 'love.' As you may recall from a previous episode, I got her home from paint, put her back together, backed out of the driveway, snapped something off... WTF.gif sad.gif

Maybe Mark will put up some carnage shots. Killed the driver side inner CV. I knew that was coming. Glad it was the CV and not the tranny.

I'm also having him install a few more 'GT' elements. Anyone want to see the GT Headlight kit be installed? How about a period correct battery shut off installed with a relay? biggrin.gif
McMark
Pow!
ConeDodger
Cage go boom... blink.gif
Harpo
What size CV was that? 914 or 911?

Thanks

DAvid
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.