Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion/ rusturation GT style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
mb911
Well exhaust is coming off. OEM stuff is going on for now. Also gonna start rear GT valance flares this week. Then start to work on some new exhaust for a fall/winter release.Click to view attachment
mb911
Finished a few changes.Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
You running a stock style sport muffler...
IPB Image
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 23 2022, 09:23 AM) *

You running a stock style sport muffler...
IPB Image

Yup very salty about what took place so I am starting fresh.
mb911
A nice shot of the car from today. I only have 1 tail pipe live and that has really made the perfect mix of air-cooled sounds. Click to view attachment
Dion
That is one sweet car. Glad your pleased with the current muffler. Looks nice on there.
JmuRiz
Very nice...I looked inside my passenger cabin and almost gave up. Seeing one getting the finishing touches makes me want to start finally putting stuff together.
mb911
QUOTE(Dion @ May 31 2022, 05:27 PM) *

That is one sweet car. Glad your pleased with the current muffler. Looks nice on there.

Just had to get rid of all the stainless on the car to make me feel better. Not that there is anything wrong with the stainless just how everything went down.
9146C
You have a great looking car! Enjoy!
horizontally-opposed
This 914 is nuts, Ben.

Do not sell, brother. beerchug.gif
gereed75
Ben, When you say "one tail pipe live" are you saying only one outlet, the other plugged??
mb911
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 1 2022, 09:33 AM) *

Ben, When you say "one tail pipe live" are you saying only one outlet, the other plugged??

Yes.. works perfectly.
mb911
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 1 2022, 08:58 AM) *

This 914 is nuts, Ben.

Thanks.. I like it to much unless comes cash in hand its staying. The 928 is gonna go for sure. I dislike having 2 cars at once to work on.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 1 2022, 10:50 AM) *

This 914 is nuts, Ben.

Thanks.. I like it to much unless comes cash in hand its staying. The 928 is gonna go for sure. I dislike having 2 cars at once to work on.

^ Glad to hear that.

The best way forward with a 914 (IMHO) is to simply resolve not to sell. As much as I like 928s (and that's a lot), I've come to view the 914 as something from Porsche that just keeps getting more and more attractive with time. They do so many things well, check so many boxes, and are aging better than ever.

mb911
A few pictures from today.. found another oil leak.. ugh such fun. Click to view attachment
Root_Werks

This 914 is nuts, Ben.

agree.gif

To many batteries to maintain, can't drive all the toys enough, project after project. I'm down to my 914 and Bug. It's mostly doable now the 914 is 95% done.

Love the shot of your 914, looks great!
FlacaProductions
That thing is hot sh!t. Don't ever sell it.
mb911
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jun 2 2022, 01:49 PM) *

That thing is hot sh!t. Don't ever sell it.

Thanks Brian.. I tuned the carbs today and it is running great now but started leaking on passenger side valve cover.. darn it. Might have to do an engine out soon.

mb911
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 2 2022, 01:05 PM) *

This 914 is nuts, Ben.

agree.gif

To many batteries to maintain, can't drive all the toys enough, project after project. I'm down to my 914 and Bug. It's mostly doable now the 914 is 95% done.

Love the shot of your 914, looks great!

To many batteries for sure.

Current count is 2 DD for my wife and I
944 (sons)
928 that is still a project but runs
914-6
Honda accord (son #2)
Honda civi (son #1)
Subaru (son #3)
914 2.0 (@ my dad's and coming here soon
Then the 99 malibu ski boat.

Lots of batteries and gets overwhelming.
T.Rick6
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 2 2022, 03:32 PM) *

A few pictures from today.. found another oil leak.. ugh such fun. Click to view attachment

I just spent several hours pouring over your build thread, absoutly outstanding work! ( on top of your side hussle) talk about being BUILT not bought, I can only dream of such a fine Teener; mabey one day. Next COTM for sure, congrats on a well built machine. beerchug.gif

Todd
mb911
QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Jun 3 2022, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 2 2022, 03:32 PM) *

I just spent several hours pouring over your build thread, absoutly outstanding work! ( on top of your side hussle) talk about being BUILT not bought, I can only dream of such a fine Teener; mabey one day. Next COTM for sure, congrats on a well built machine. beerchug.gif

Todd

Thanks so much. It was a lot of work and still more to do but I enjoy the car.
mb911
Well turns out valve cover exhaust side gasket is not sealing. Ugh just changed to oil and now get to throw out all the vr1 I just put in there.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 3 2022, 04:49 PM) *

Well turns out valve cover exhaust side gasket is not sealing. Ugh just changed to oil and now get to throw out all the vr1 I just put in there.

Why do you have to throw it out?
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2022, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 3 2022, 04:49 PM) *

Why do you have to throw it out?

I don't want to drain into a dirty drain pan and then pour it back into the tank. Just will start fresh.
mb911
My sons talked me into putting center caps today. Thoughts?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Most people will say you need them to look “finished”. I personally like the gt look. No caps, no rear valance, etc. but stuff like this, you can go back and forth as the mood suits you. driving.gif
Cairo94507
One of the rare times I disagree with Mark; I like them with the caps, finishes it off.

But... don't hate me, on a GT look car like yours, I love the RSR finish on the Fuchs.

Cheers,
Michael
914Sixer
Yeah, have to go with the polished centers to match the paddles.
mb911
Thanks everyone. Also should have updated that fixed the rocker shaft by putting a new one in and torqued to 200 inch lbs. Hopefully all is well now..
TRS63
That is such a beautifully built 914..very inspiring!

Antoine
mb911
QUOTE(TRS63 @ Jun 13 2022, 08:39 PM) *

That is such a beautifully built 914..very inspiring!

Antoine

Thank you and I believe it is the same color as yours @TRS63 ?
PanelBilly
Yes to the caps.
mb911
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 14 2022, 05:30 AM) *

Yes to the caps.

Thanks and I think I agree. They will stay on for now..
Freezin 914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 14 2022, 08:30 AM) *

Yes to the caps.

agree.gif The car looks great! As a few others have said, your car is inspiring!
Freezin 914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 14 2022, 08:30 AM) *

Yes to the caps.

agree.gif The car looks great! As a few others have said, your car is inspiring!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 13 2022, 05:04 PM) *

IPB Image

The point on the bottom of the crest should point to the valve stem.

JmuRiz
[quote name='ClayPerrine' post='3008872' date='Jun 15 2022, 05:32 AM']
[quote name='mb911' post='3008431' date='Jun 13 2022, 05:04 PM']

[/quote]
agree.gif
I was just going to post that...that's how the factory does it biggrin.gif
What a GREAT looking car!!!
autopro
Beautiful car and I do like the wheels more with the caps on.
mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 15 2022, 05:32 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 13 2022, 05:04 PM) *

IPB Image

Oh jeez that completely slipped my mind. I will fix that.
mb911
Father's day gifts. 3 color tunes so I can do 1 bank at a time and thr bad boy 220 ft lb ratchet.Click to view attachment
restore2seater
I have never heard of a color tune. Watched a quick YouTube. Is this only used for idle settings?

Would be interested if you would be willing to do a YouTube video on how you used it on your six.
mb911
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Jun 20 2022, 07:01 AM) *

I have never heard of a color tune. Watched a quick YouTube. Is this only used for idle settings?

Would be interested if you would be willing to do a YouTube video on how you used it on your six.

I first heard about it from performance oriented. That is what is suggested. Once I get around to doing it I might do a youtube.
mb911
Paint correction on my sons 944 and saw a nice shot. Click to view attachment
bbrock
Nice! beerchug.gif
mb911
My co worker and I had a little car show at work by chance. Cool GTO.Click to view attachment
mb911
Well first semi big mishap. Driving down the road and I see my new windshield trim fly up in the air. Got home with it bent but able to bend back into shape and see that all the windshield clips cracked and broken now.. so now some 3m window weld in a few spots. So disappointing. Should have bought factory ones
Cairo94507
Fortunately you did not lose the trim. Things happen when you drive them - I know. beerchug.gif
bbrock
Oh man. I feel for you. That sucks. I'm glad there wasn't any collateral damage. I'm glad I threw my bag of windshield clips in the trash and bought factory, but only because I was lucky to be warmed by someone here on the World. I honestly don't even know why there is an aftermarket version of those clips. The factory ones are not expensive. Thank goodness for 3M adhesives. My trim was held on with 3M weatherstrip adhesive for years before the restoration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.