Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion/ rusturation GT style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
mb911
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 2 2023, 05:58 PM) *

Yo Ben, where did you get the injectors for Jamie's adaptors??

BMW e40 something. I have an extra set of you need some
mb911
Back from powder paint. Yea I went gloss. My car is a tribute but not hardline tribute

Click to view attachment
mb911
So EFI has started. Pictures as of tonight

Click to view attachment
nditiz1
Which efi are you going with?
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jan 11 2023, 06:52 PM) *

Which efi are you going with?

So if you look close you can see the injectors in the MFI ports. I will be using mega squirt per @jpnovak he is helping with this
mb911
New 108 CVs and full floating axles from PMB. These should not break

Click to view attachment
mb911
And more progress on the EFI

Click to view attachment
mb911
Went a different route on vacuum tubes. Drill .100 hole and used 3/32 brass sleeved inside 1/8 brass and used loctite 638 cylindrical bonding and pushed them in the holes and for good measure so epoxy on the outside. Then connect the 1/8 vacuum tubing only to realize that I need to run individual lines to a manifold to ensure no reversion. I did also start on the injector harness as well.Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Those are sure some nice axles Ben. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 16 2023, 02:58 PM) *

Those are sure some nice axles Ben. beerchug.gif

@eric shea is to thank for them
BillJ
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 15 2023, 11:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Are these custom? Did not see them on their site....
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 16 2023, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 15 2023, 11:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Are these custom? Did not see them on their site....

No not really as the are69-73 CVs and full floater axles. Just have to call
BillJ
Thanks Ben!
mb911
Well there is my oil leak. UghClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Oh that does not look good. Glad you have identified the issue and should have no leaks once it is back together. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 19 2023, 03:40 PM) *

Oh that does not look good. Glad you have identified the issue and should have no leaks once it is back together. beerchug.gif

I think it may have just been a small mistake by me. Super disappointed but it’s a 10 dollar bushing
Justinp71
Did you have the rsr rocker seals? Just curious...
mb911
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jan 19 2023, 03:47 PM) *

Yes
Justinp71
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 19 2023, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jan 19 2023, 03:47 PM) *

Yes

Cool, thanks for sharing!
mb911
911 parking brake setup is worked out now. Wow that was a PIA.Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Installed and almost done.Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Does the Anchor block for the Shoes , Need to go past the centerline of the Shoes ?
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 22 2023, 12:05 PM) *

Does the Anchor block for the Shoes , Need to go past the centerline of the Shoes ?

According to the instructions from tangerine no but going to add a section on as I agree with your assessment. I did see though that many just tack a bolt on the hat and that’s it. Not sure how much needs to be in there. I feel like I need to add a bit and TIG weld an extension.
mb911
Equal length vacuum setup for the itbs/carb setup. Click to view attachment
BillJ
Looking great!!!!
mb911
New heat exchangers with 1.5” sleevesClick to view attachment
mb911
Here they are mounted. Ordered the elbows and flow through mufflers as well to keep things quiet. Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
Interesting. Looking forward to the finished results. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2023, 08:48 AM) *

Interesting. Looking forward to the finished results. beerchug.gif

After what we will call the hostile take over of my former stainless line up this a great option. I wanted to add some additional muffling and this allows for it.
mepstein
I’m setting aside a pair for when Ben is ready to set up production. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 21 2023, 04:43 PM) *

I’m setting aside a pair for when Ben is ready to set up production. beerchug.gif

For sure. I would be happy to. It’s not super easy and the biggest problem is that someone else did the flange swap on the passenger side heat exchanger and for some reason it is not level. The driver side is perfectly straight and level
ClayPerrine
I have a set of 993 heat exchangers. I am going to mod them the same way you did. Thanks for the idea.

But I am sure my welds won't be as nice as yours!

mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 22 2023, 05:01 AM) *

I have a set of 993 heat exchangers. I am going to mod them the same way you did. Thanks for the idea.

So the interesting thing about these heat exchangers are that they are double walled so they weld like shit as there was some oil in between the sistered up shells. Be mindful of that. Also as I said I inherited someone else’s butcher job so unfortunately I have to live with the wrong angle on the one side. Stay tuned for the finished product though.

I would like to offer a kit for folks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 22 2023, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 22 2023, 05:01 AM) *

So the interesting thing about these heat exchangers are that they are double walled so they weld like shit as there was some oil in between the sistered up shells. Be mindful of that. Also as I said I inherited someone else’s butcher job so unfortunately I have to live with the wrong angle on the one side. Stay tuned for the finished product though.

I would like to offer a kit for folks

Thanks for the info. I will have them ultrasonically cleaned to remove the oil before I do any welding.

Dave_Darling
Hey, I could do that!

If I had the setup, and the tools. And the equipment.

And decades of practice.

.... And more than zero talent ....

Nice, work, Ben!

--DD
mb911
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 22 2023, 11:13 PM) *

Hey, I could do that!

If I had the setup, and the tools. And the equipment.

And decades of practice.

.... And more than zero talent ....

Nice, work, Ben!

--DD

Lol well I am happy to do the conversion for anyone interested
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Made some progress
nditiz1
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 1 2023, 01:17 PM) *

Made some progress

This is excellent! I have been wanting at least 1 heat exchanger for a year now.
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Mar 1 2023, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 1 2023, 01:17 PM) *

Made some progress

This is excellent! I have been wanting at least 1 heat exchanger for a year now.

Well this would be an option for you. But you would want to run 2 of these. Currently cost on a set of these heat exchangers from what I am seeing is about 500. I got my set for $100 but that was a deal. The work to make these work is time consuming. I have quite a few hours in this but for big engines this is a great solution. For me this is a clean setup and will be nice for my EFI setup.
mb911
A couple weeks then back on this. New boat purchase and 928 got in the way.Click to view attachment
mb911
Well a bunch has happened truck got hit from behind, got the 914 started up and boat is on the water.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.