Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
Until next time...
bbrock
Oh THAT'S the stuff! I needed that. : drooley.gif
Cairo94507
It just blows my mind to see my car coming together. I am blessed to be able to have this team of experts working on my Six. pray.gif
Thank you Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob.

beerchug.gif
rangrbob
Michael,

It’s looking incredible. You must be so stoked. It’s been a very long time coming.

Karl
Cairo94507
Thanks so much Karl. Yes, I am very excited to see it coming together. Thanks a bunch buddy. beerchug.gif
raynekat
Woof woof! Looks incredible with the dark green.
My engine builder tried to get me to paint my car this color.
Glad I didn't, as it wouldn't have lived up to your build quality.
Super nice there.
billh1963
The build is moving quickly and before long you will finally hear the engine wake from its long slumber.

It has been a long journey filled with side trips, missteps, triumphs and tragedy. However, you have stayed focused on the destination and the end is in sight.

I’m very excited for you and can’t wait to see you take the first drive. Even though I’m not a fan of the band, the first song you play in the car should Grateful Dead’s “Truckin’”.....lately, it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks Bill. I appreciate that. Yeah, I am impressed with the way the car is coming together. Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob know what they are doing- no doubt. beerchug.gif
Progress pic.
Pics.
Pic.
tygaboy
OK, Holy McWowsers!
The level of quality on that paint job really is beyond words. pray.gif w00t.gif

Hope I get to see it in the flesh at some point.
Socalandy
More progress pics
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Cairo94507
Sweet! Love the progress. Wiper motor in too- how cool is that. Thanks Andy for posting the pics too. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
w00t.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
bootyshake.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Click on the picture if you want to see it properly rotated

Goodnight yellowsleep[1].gif
Cairo94507
That is some serious progress! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
bbrock
Amazing to watch this come together. Impeccable. first.gif
914_7T3
WOW

blink.gif
defianty
Wonderful - excites me no end to get on with mine when it comes home.
billh1963
I think I see some dust in one of those pictures...entire car has to be disassembled! av-943.gif

Seriously beautiful car and work. I am so excited to see the progress!

AMac
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Feb 24 2019, 03:05 PM) *

In DOT summer tires thread wear 200 , 15's have a really good tire selection , much better that 16's....I get reasonable wear out of them , with track like traction...reasonable is subjective of course....

Im about to purchase tires, restored 75 2.0l, original fuchs. Cant find a decent 195.60 or 65. 195.55 is small, ups the rpm by 275. Do you know of options? I want a 200 tread wear, something sticky. I am taking off 205/55 and could replace with same but found the wide "bulge" on the rim made the steering/cornering soft, squishy. Any suggestins wold be great. Thanks in advance.
Cairo94507
And yes, the Hella horns will go black. I wanted to upgrade to a horn that caught your attention when honked. But I still want it to appear (mostly) stock. Thanks for your thoughts. beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 19 2019, 09:03 AM) *

And yes, the Hella horns will go black. I wanted to upgrade to a horn that caught your attention when honked. But I still want it to appear (mostly) stock. Thanks for your thoughts. beerchug.gif

Good idea. I think I'll steal it. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
At it again today as more parts arrive biggrin.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
Thanks to Porsche Classic ramping up on parts that were NLA we are making progress and get better fitment first.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 17 2019, 07:20 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Gorgeous!!! beerchug.gif

My dream gage set someday.

Oscar
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
blink.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
bbrock
That car is simply flawless. There's no adequate description. drooley.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.