Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif

Kent, Jim and Bob on the car today. I severed the left middle finger tendon and will have surgery next week smash.gif until next time
Cairo94507
Wow- making nice progress and looking great. Very sorry to hear about your finger Andy. I hope the surgery goes well and you recover quickly. beerchug.gif
raynekat
This car just looks so great on many levels.
Just noticed this....
You've got later window (scissor) mechanisms inside your doors.
Did your 71 come with those as standard?
My 71 has got the older (screw) style mechanisms.
I'm sure yours will work a billion times better than mine....ha.

Again, what a great looking color and attention to detail on your car.
Cairo94507
One of the changes I wanted was the crash-bar (later) doors for the added protection and to get the later window mechanism. My car came with the early doors and window mechanisms. I hope once it is all buttoned up that is a detail that will be unrealized by 99.99% of people. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Everything is way too shiny.

smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks Mark. beerchug.gif
Progress
Pic.
Pic.
Pic.
tygaboy
Simply beautiful. Destined to be one of the greats! first.gif
Valy
It's really hard to tell from this picture but, I think I see a spec of dust on the floor. If not addressed, it may contaminate the car.
smile.gif
QUOTE(914350 @ Apr 18 2019, 12:36 PM) *

Pic.

Tdskip
WOW!
DRPHIL914
Sick!!!!
seriously beautiful!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 8 2019, 06:24 AM) *

One of the changes I wanted was the crash-bar (later) doors for the added protection and to get the later window mechanism. My car came with the early doors and window mechanisms. I hope once it is all buttoned up that is a detail that will be unrealized by 99.99% of people. beerchug.gif

This is one of the upgrades I wanted to do last time I painted the car, and bought all the parts for...until I found a NOS early top. sad.gif

The only clue I think they could catch is the felts. Nice upgrade!
phillstek
drooley.gif The only problem I can see is that this car is way too nice to drive.

Awesome job, you must be very, very happy. pray.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks a lot. I am very happy. The Justice League (Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob) are all off the scale of perfectionists- so that works well for me and my OCD.

I can't wait to be able to walk out into my garage and find the car missing because my wife took it for a ride! She drove my last Six all of the time. Given the level of detail on this car, I am not sure she will take it out alone for a while, but I am sure she will drive it. Her daily driver is the '10 C4S 6 speed, so I think she will be fine with the Six.
I just pray I am the one to get the first chip, ding, dent, scratch on it because if it is her, she will really go into a deep depression about messing up my baby. Hey, Kent is only 6 hours away..... beerchug.gif

siverson
Looks awesome!

> I severed the left middle finger tendon

OUCH! How did you do that?

-Steve
DRPHIL914
what adhesive did you use for the roll bar and targa bar vinyl?
AHudson
Okay, I'm officially on the floor after living through this phenomenal story via a 'one sitting' read. I'm way late to the party (story of my life) but have caught up on the green odyssey.

Just remarkable. Ups, downs, then a couple more downs, then a long and arduous ascent to the level here. Really inspiring.

Outstanding work, cooperation from the team, and I'm seriously biased but that's the most gorgeous color ever. Had a dark green Pantera for 9 years (was mint and got mintier in time) that the color always got me. Yours is the same but even prettier. Nice job.

Thanks for seeing this through to this project through!
Cairo94507
AHudson- Thank you for reading the whole thread. Did you read Part 1 linked at the bottom of my "signature"?

Yeah, it has been a roller coaster for sure but that all changed once Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob reached out to me. Really, they are the true gems of this project and should be considered valuable assets for this community. Without them stepping forward after seeing what I was going through, I would have likely sold the car as a never-realized project. Instead, it is the Six I have always dreamed about.

Yeah, I lost a lot of money on this project before pulling the plug and bringing it to L.A, but I guess there are worse ways to lose money.

Cheers,
Michael beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
It really has been a journey—but this is now turning into what has to be one of the nicest, most beautiful narrow-body 914s out there, period. I am awed by just how good it is, and can't wait to see the finished product!
Cairo94507
Thanks Pete. I appreciate that. Michael beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Sorry I’m a day late for the weekend post, progress pics biggrin.gif

Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
Heater controls getting some attention
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
Out of order confused24.gif
Socalandy
Tool trivia

Goodnight
Cairo94507
Very Cool - see what I did there.....Thanks for posting Andy. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
What is the purpose for that tool?
mepstein
Just a driver lol-2.gif
sb914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 30 2019, 06:13 AM) *

What is the purpose for that tool?

Weeding!
rgalla9146
Dash switch bezel tool. Prevents fear of nasty gouges.

The car is fantastic.

i
Lengthened spare tire hold down.
Pic.
Pic.
Pic.
Now it will work with the spare tire mounted upright.
Cairo94507
Thank you Kent. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Soooooooooooo Close..awesome chowtime.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 29 2019, 11:00 PM) *

Tool trivia

Goodnight

What is the name of that tool. I’d like to buy one but I’m having a hard time finding it since I don’t know what to call it
@socalandy
@rgalla9146
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.