Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intro from Montana: '73 2.0L rustoration thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
930cabman
I am sure many of us are concerned with Brent's health. Given the 110 pages of this thread, he has been a major contributor for many years.

Thank you Brent for all you have contributed over the years and we are hoping and praying for your good health
Dion
Everyone

I was asked to post this by Brent’s family.

I am devastated to have to share the news that Brent has passed away

On Monday October 2 he left us to go tell the man upstairs how to fix this world.

I will miss him so very much. Heartbroken is an understatement.

Keep Elizabeth his wife in your prayers.

RIP and Godspeed buddy………

https://www.dahlcares.com/obituaries/Brent-...8#/obituaryInfo

Dion
Cairo94507
RIP Brent; you will be missed by all of us and more. Condolences to his family and friends. sad.gif
rhodyguy
WOW, I always enjoyed his postings. Young guy.
Edit. I don’t know how but I missed his posting about the C on May 2.
Superhawk996
Beyond tragic - words fail me.

tygaboy
"No" was what popped into my head when I read this.
I had the privlidge and honor of meeting Brent a few years ago. He stopped by the Red Barn when he was in CA. As genuine as he was funny. I always looked forward to his comments on my build. Brent embodied being an overall great guy - quick to help others with his experience and opinion. Gentle with his constuctive critisism. His build thread has and will continue to help and inspire others. Just one example of his lasting imprint on this world.
I was worried when he stopped posting regularly and I trust he's at peace now. He will be missed by many.

Word fail at times like these but the other thought I have at times like this is:
Hold your loved ones close.

Brent,
Your comment on one particular part of my car means I think of you every time I see it - and I see it often. Know I'll be thinking about you. Thanks for being you and for what you added to our lives. Godspeed, my friend.
burton73
Brent was one of the good guys. This hit me very hard this morning. The world is not as good of a place as it was when he walked it.

May his memory be a blessing for all that knew him on this earthly plane.

Bob B

Freezin 914
Just horrible news.

RIP
horizontally-opposed
This one is hitting me hard, too. "bbrock" was one of my favorite contributors here, and I loved his approach to cars and, from what I can tell, life in general.

Reading his obituary, that latter part comes even more clear.

I'll be planting a tree in Brent's honor, and am more resolved than ever to make the most of the time we've got here. The fact that it hurts as we lose parts of this community is yet another indicator of just how special this "forum" is. My condolences to all those who were fortunate to know Brent well, and to those who feel like I do.
mb911
Oh my gosh. So sad to hear this. Brent, Chris, Dion and I were all building cars around the same time. Parts exchanged hands among the 4 of us many times. I was once contacted by Brent out of the blue about a ebrake handle(the plastic grip). He had an extra one and sent it to me no charge. He was always so giving with knowledge, friendship, and insight. I am just blown away. This is a very hard pill to swallow.
FlacaProductions
This hurts. I always looked forward to Brent's build thread and corresponded many times with him concerning some aspects of his build that I wanted to incorporate into my 914. He was always gracious and generous with his responses. Gave me a nice deal on one of Ben's mufflers, too and I totally trusted his input on how loud it would be. His build is legend - just like Brent. What a loss.
raynekat
I don't get on 914World that much these days after selling the 914-6 conversion to Pete in Japan.
I'm usually so busy with the kids in school and life in general.

I also had missed that Brent had contracted skin cancer.
I also reacted.....NO, it can't be.
Brent was a great guy and a real character.
Someone you'd definitely want to be buddies with.
Always liked to joke around with Brent.
He was a great sport and obviously a "greater" guy.

RIP Brent
You are missed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.