Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
914werke
Depend on what you want to do. Most shops today are in the collision biz, if you say the word "rust" they arent interested. Same with restorations, ONP Autohobby's is the shop and they moved down to Elliot a couple of yrs ago now.

Talk to Mike

QUOTE(lsimburger @ Mar 14 2007, 08:08 PM) *

Two questions, any get together plans for the next week? And any one have experience with a body shop they would recommend. I live in the Everett area and would be willing to go 50 or so miles if it was a good shop...
pete-stevers
hey dave....what time does the party start?......
.......looks like we may come down....
Bleyseng
Steve, Monique wants you to bring some salt beef down. Can you?? It comes in a bucket and its in a brine. She makes a Caribbean dishes with it.
Monique and I will be down Dave. should we bring anything? Tofu burgers for Steve and Al?
914werke
is that this WE?
Bleyseng
I think its March 24th.
I will be up in your neighborhood on Sat, Rich.
DNHunt
Help me tear down my engine 3-24. Who knows what we'll find. Free beer and food.

Read about it here
DNHunt
Maybe the free food and beer is in the engine and that's what's wrong
Bleyseng
Don't worry Dave, we'll find it when we tear the engine down. alfred.gif
sixnotfour
Depend on what you want to do. Most shops today are in the collision biz, if you say the word "rust" they arent interested. Same with restorations, ONP Autohobby's is the shop and they moved down to Elliot a couple of yrs ago now.

Talk to Mike

going to auction:
http://www.murphyauctions.net/onpauto.html

Mike and Dana -hope all is well for them.
Bleyseng
Nooooooo!
914werke
Well aint that a kicker sad.gif
Mike IS kinda getting up there in yrs.
effutuo101
Anything going on tomorrow night?
smooth_eddy
agree.gif

I could go if something happended in the North End.

Eddy
sportlicherFahrer
I would like to assure everyone that I am still alive and well. biggrin.gif I have just been unable to get online for quite some time. I should be online a little more often now and maybe even helping with ideas for Teener Tuesdays again. And this season, there is no restriction to "family oriented" places for me OR my girlfriend! beer3.gif Hope you all are having a great Easter and enjoying the weather.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 8 2007, 02:14 PM) *

I would like to assure everyone that I am still alive and well. biggrin.gif I have just been unable to get online for quite some time. I should be online a little more often now and maybe even helping with ideas for Teener Tuesdays again. And this season, there is no restriction to "family oriented" places for me OR my girlfriend! beer3.gif Hope you all are having a great Easter and enjoying the weather.

Jim.... we're not going to be hanging out in bars just cuz you and your girly are old enough to drink. LMAO. Sides it's gonna kinda be a bummer. I don't see us both getting Tuesdays off. Unless they hire another shop employee.
sportlicherFahrer
Well it seems that I am on the hunt for a 914 AGAIN. Tragedy struck at about 10:30 this morning when a Sentra decided that the driver's side of my car was a good place to plant its bumper. Then my car jumped a curb and cracked the engine blockand twisted various frame sections. Thats right guys, Dagmar has been murdered!!!

Anyone know of a good '73-'74 roller with NO hell hole issues, trunk rust, or other nasty rust that may or may not have an engine for me to swap parts into?? I will be building one soon......

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
914werke
sad.gif icon8.gif
Dude so sorry to hear.
Friday the thirteenth Strikes! blink.gif
Eric Hagelin
Glad you're okay.

I totaled my '76 (in '86). Thanks for the call regarding my '75 (Pamela) - she is indeed still for sale, keep in touch if you're interested. 206-793-6518 (cell)
messix
wow! that sucks.

watch out for the ......... so what parts can i buy from you? lets see i need a hood and maybe some good shocks and springs, and those seats! and the rest of the interior, and i think it had ssi on it right.

oh thats right watch out for the vultures!
Bleyseng
Troy, you have no shame.... biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 13 2007, 10:53 PM) *

Troy, you have no shame.... biggrin.gif

parts is parts man, get em where and when you can!
RSWannabe
Hey,

I'm putting my six back together after a repaint and I need a good condition heater/blower assembly (broke mine taking it out). Anyone local have one they are willing to part with?

Brooke
bstabbert@westwater.com
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 13 2007, 10:08 PM) *

wow! that sucks.

watch out for the ......... so what parts can i buy from you? lets see i need a hood and maybe some good shocks and springs, and those seats! and the rest of the interior, and i think it had ssi on it right.

oh thats right watch out for the vultures!

nope no ssi. we're going to harvest anything he needs for his new car. then we're going to go through it again for mine. and we'll have to see what's left after that.

oh and the seats are going in the new one. lol and any interior he doesn't need is MINE!!! SO BACK OFF!!! biggrin.gif LOL i'm sure we'll have a list of all the leftovers up eventually.

we're not going to start tearing into her until he has another so he knows what he needs. so it could be a while. so if we can hold off on the "do you still have" and "i need" it would be appreciated.
914werke
Brook I can prokky help you out. thumb3d.gif
messix
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 14 2007, 12:10 AM) *

Brook I can prokky help you out. thumb3d.gif

how you doin rich?
rhodyguy
who had april 13th in the "when will jim total his 914" pool?. jking. sorry hear about this jim. where did it happen? get your paperwork in order for the insurance co. see what craig has. jrust picked up another car and might have a spare. that blue w/red wheels ebay car might be interesting for you. shipping would be a hassle.

k
mstein95
Jim - thanks for the call yesterday. I'm not sure if I was able to alleviate any of your grief. Its always tough to hear about a 914 family member meeting unfortunate circumstances. I know the Puget Sound Contingent will assist you in getting you back on the road again once you find a donor vehicle.

More importantly - Glad to hear your OK.

sportlicherFahrer
happened at 38th and tacoma ave. kind of a bad intersection. Sounds like I may have a couple line ups on cars, but Im not saying anything more than that. Dont wanna jinx myself! I have yet to hear from the insurance co. Should hear from them tomorrow. Have the Fox going again though! Thing runs nice for a water-cooled abomination...... rolleyes.gif I will have to get use to having heat right away though. biggrin.gif

I will notify the vult-- Troy when I am ready to part it out. slap.gif
dinomium
Oh, JAMES!
Glad you are ok, that is one of the sickest feelings there are.
mstein95
icon_bump.gif

Not that I can make it to anything tomorrow but it feels good knowing 914's are gathering somewhere. Anything going on?
Eddie914
I would be up for a gathering. The Rat Rod Teener is running pretty well and the weather nice.

Anyone else?

Eddie
rjames
I've got the new sway bar installed, but I'm still waiting for my gas tank to come back from the radiator shop, and then I'll be installing new fuel lines. Oh yeah, of course I'm working until 9pm every night until June. headbang.gif
914werke
Im out sad.gif
Flying to Orlando tomorrow.
effutuo101
I am out, family time after a long weekend.
rhodyguy
robert, what is the rad shop doing to your tank? who's doing the work and how much $?

k
rjames
Hey Kevin,

Just tried calling you. I took my tank to 'Puget Sound Radiator Repair'. They're at the intersection of 80th & Lake City Way NE. (206) 524-0886 (Just north of the U-district). However, my impression is that any radiator shop should have an acid tank and be able to do this kind of work.

Small 1 owner local shop. I was quoted $100 over the phone, but was charged considerably less since it took him a couple of extra days to get to it (4 days total).
The bummer is that he took it out of the acid bath last night, which meant that it sat in his shop all night and this afternoon gathering some surface rust again. The original plan was for him to take it out in the morning so I could pick it up and then get it back into the car and full of gas so as to minimize any returning surface rust. Regardless, I'm happy with the work and the tank looks a LOT better on the inside, AND there were no holes. smilie_pokal.gif

The outside will of course need to be repainted, which I hope to start tonight when I get home. I'm just going to use metal ready followed by a few coats of black por15 and call it good. thumb3d.gif

Let me know if you need any more info!
rjames
On second thought, don't go there. Go to a place that you can be assured that you can pick it up as soon as they are finished so it doesn't sit and start rusting in their shop overnight.

This morning I loaded 3/4th of a bottle of metal ready into the tank, and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then I flushed it 3 times with very hot water and then blew hot air into it until it was completely dried.

The whole thing was a PITA, but at least I'm done.

rhodyguy
you guys up north should try one of the Buzz-Inns. best steak dinners around for under $10. i think you have 4 convenient locations.

k
messix
been there do that often!

which one did you go to?
rhodyguy
marsville, snoho, and the one in north ever rot. killer b-fasts too thumb3d.gif . never been to the one in eastmont. is there one in lynnwood too? i had a ribeye last summer in snoho and it was the best cut of beef i'd had in a long time. dinning on the deck @ harvey field is nice on a sunny day/evening. i'll be up for more gatherings when the silver car is motorvating.

k
messix
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 27 2007, 09:12 AM) *

marsville, snoho, and the one in north ever rot. killer b-fasts too thumb3d.gif . never been to the one in eastmont. is there one in lynnwood too? i had a ribeye last summer in snoho and it was the best cut of beef i'd had in a long time. dinning on the deck @ harvey field is nice on a sunny day/evening. i'll be up for more gatherings when the silver car is motorvating.

k

lynnwood yes. arlington too.

we did a meet at the snohomish buzz inn last fall.
maybe a saturday afternoon meet would be good, and we could watch the people falling out of the sky! laugh.gif

now that there is no smoking i really love going there, i can take my daughter with out worrying that i'm starting her on the way to lung cancer.
rhodyguy
saturdays really are best if you want to get more people together. i'd have to leave my house at 1pm (and that can still be dicey) to be on the other side of king county, not park the car on 405, and to be there in a timely fashion. ain't gonna happen. NEVER.

k
messix
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 27 2007, 10:53 AM) *

saturdays really are best if you want to get more people together. i'd have to leave my house at 1pm (and that can still be dicey) to be on the other side of king county, not park the car on 405, and to be there in a timely fashion. ain't gonna happen. NEVER.

k

what?

you can't bring the wife along? then you could hit the car-pool lane and be up here in under and hour!

come on man! think !!!!!!!!!!!

besides i like your wife she's nice!
rhodyguy
on what planet man? the wife doesn't get home until 5:30. i assure you she isn't going to want to drive to snoho for dinner. from my place to ne 8th in bellevue is 45+min with a wide open 512, 167, 405 driving just over the sl. i drove to snoho x2 every other weekend for years. i KNOW how far it is and how the traffic thing works. have you driven 9 from 527 to snoho lately?

k
messix
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 27 2007, 03:56 PM) *

on what planet man? the wife doesn't get home until 5:30. i assure you she isn't going to want to drive to snoho for dinner. from my place to ne 8th in bellevue is 45+min with a wide open 512, 167, 405 driving just over the sl. i drove to snoho x2 every other weekend for years. i KNOW how far it is and how the traffic thing works. have you driven 9 from 527 to snoho lately?

k

don't go 405. go I5 up to 128th then seattle hill rd.

i drove to auburn three weeks straight last year[seven days a week]!

and we usually dont meet up till 6:30 - 7pm
Eric Hagelin
I'm in... once the date, time & locale are carved in stone.
Root_Werks
I spent last night driving my 914 around in the rain, so I am up for anything. biggrin.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 1 2007, 09:12 PM) *

I spent last night driving my 914 around in the rain, so I am up for anything. biggrin.gif

I do that all the time...

... of course mine is my daily driver though. lol

With the way school and work are going it's looking like i'll be having every tuesday off starting within the next few weeks here. Look forward to seeing you all again.
Rand
A *perfect* day. Upper 70s and blue skies where I'm sitting. The only thing that would top this day is a enjoying a cold brew after work with some fellow 914 peeps. What's up gang?

IPB Image
mstein95
agree.gif

I've been home with a sick kid all day. Good thing the wireless reaches out onto the porch. Been enjoying the nice weather - while not tending to the sick.

Can't go anywhere (see above).

BTW - Happy Belated B-Day Rand!!
birthday.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.