Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png

I live in Mukilteo and work in North Seattle. You also live right by another 914 owner who is in Mountlake Terrace. Actually, I believe there are two members on here near there.
PanelBilly
Since my last post got barried on the last page, I’m asking again. Can anyone give me a hand on Saturday. I need to align the shifter rod and maybe replace the master cylinder and a caliber if the parts arrive.
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 24 2018, 07:41 AM) *

Since my last post got barried on the last page, I’m asking again. Can anyone give me a hand on Saturday. I need to align the shifter rod and maybe replace the master cylinder and a caliber if the parts arrive.

I'm not very skilled, but I could help Sunday if that works for you.
bradtho

Billy, I could come down around lunch time on sat if you like. Let me know. Just PM me an address, and let me know if I should bring anything. I've got a Motiv "Power" bleeder if that would help.
QUOTE(bradtho @ May 25 2018, 10:32 AM) *

Billy, I could come down around lunch time on sat if you like. Let me know. Just PM me an address, and let me know if I should bring anything. I've got a Motiv "Power" bleeder if that would help.

Brad will be more helpful than I would be. Still willing to help (with my limited skills) on Sunday if it’s not good by then.
Tbrown4x4
I have next week off if you still need help. My weekends are packed.
PanelBilly
Brad is coming over tomorrow. I’ll Ask for more help if we cant finish
PanelBilly
Thanks Brad. The master cylinder is on and the brakes are bleed. Still need to do another round of bleeding, but that’s going to take long. Shifter rod is aligned and I managed to wash up the spilled brake fluid. Even washed up the garage floor. Next up is to put the gas peddle and carpeting back in place.
bradtho
Happy to help. Good luck being ready for WCR. We should plan a drive after.

I think next Saturday is Porsche day at Redmond Town Center. Anyone planning to go?
PanelBilly
Porsche day at Griot’s too. I have a Rotary class I need to attend

Daiberl
Will try to stop by at the Porsche Day at Redmond Exotics but tenants moved out of our rental and will be very likely busy most of the weekend to get the house ready for putting it on the market, hate to be a landlord sad.gif
scallyk9
I'm planning to be there if I can find a ride to get the white one back from Redmond European. The Bee is at Mark's for some TLC. Busy moving to Port Orchard and fixing a house in Port Angeles before closing while dogs are in Spokane, Coeur D'Alene, and Ellensburg. Whew!
rhodyguy
Your stuff is scattered over 3 states. You'll be sick of I-90 after the dust settles.
PanelBilly
Damn brakes. Air bubbles just don’t stop coming. I’m about to give up and see if the local shop can bleed this car for me.
rhodyguy
Get some speed bleeders and another quart of fluid.
PanelBilly
I tried speed bleeders. Still have air.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 29 2018, 06:48 AM) *

I tried speed bleeders. Still have air.

I had visions of doing this myself, yes, by myself and use a system like we used on aircraft. I have a small electric windshield washer pump to pump the fluid up to the reservoir, I just need a cap I can put a nipple on for a return line. If that doesn't work, then I'd assume you're getting air from the master cylinder.
PeeGreen 914
jack the rear end up high and tap on the proportioning valve as you bleed. Air likes to stick there. I'd offer to come down and do it for you but I have no time to do anything these days dry.gif
914work
So Jon does that mean you wont be attending the WCR in the Targa?
PeeGreen 914
Nope sad.gif

As much as I have no time for me I do get to at least enjoy time with my kids...and that's part of the reason I have no time. beerchug.gif
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 29 2018, 03:41 PM) *

Nope sad.gif

As much as I have no time for me I do get to at least enjoy time with my kids...and that's part of the reason I have no time. beerchug.gif

My situation also. Every minute I miss with the kids is a minute they grow away from me. I've heard it gets easier eventually.
JimN73
Spotted a green 914 on South Tacoma Way and 56th today after 4 pm.

Anybody here?
JimN73
Got rust? You might try Sabeti Restoration at 5645 S. Washington in Tacoma.

I had the undercoating on my car renewed a couple of months ago, there was some rust hiding under the old stuff.

I took it to the last shop that did a bit of rust repair for me - no more restoration work.

A couple of weeks ago I was killing time near 56th and S. Tacoma and went into Sabeti Motors showroom - quite a few restored older American cars, a Beetle (late 60s), an Alfa, and newer cars. Around the corner, I found Sabeti body shop, collision and restoration. So I went in. Turns out they do some restoration on the cars in the showroom.

They fixed my rust - very reasonable, realigned my rear trunk lid - a bit more than I expected, restored and repainted the rocker panels and removed all the bolts that hold the lower edge of the rocker to the body (heads had been cutoff) - OK price considering I had no idea what they were going to have to do. All in all, I'm happy with it.

A word of warning: They work at their own pace.

Upcoming restorations include an MGB with a rotary engine, an MGB with a V-6 and a Triumph Spitfire.

Ask for Cory

(253) 244-7765
Daiberl
Who is planning to go to the Pacific Northwest Historics next weekend, I might make it down to Pacific Raceway on Saturday. Looks like a great agenda and they salute the 50th anniversary of Porsche so will either take the BB or the 911SC. More at http://sovrenracing.org/pacific-northwest-historics/
Tbrown4x4
I think I can make it. Better get some work done this week.
xmotox
i will
try to make it.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 25 2018, 07:35 PM) *

Who is planning to go to the Pacific Northwest Historics next weekend, I might make it down to Pacific Raceway on Saturday. Looks like a great agenda and they salute the 50th anniversary of Porsche so will either take the BB or the 911SC. More at http://sovrenracing.org/pacific-northwest-historics/

I'd like to . . . checked the website but no information about tickets other than they're available at the gate. Anyone know where to find more information on the 3 day schedule and ticket prices?
championgt1
Here you go.

http://northwesthistorics.com/contact-us/tickets-info/
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 26 2018, 09:54 AM) *

Thanks Jack,

Not sure what day we may go . . . family plans for Sat afternoon . . .

B
Tbrown4x4
Well, I got a hall pass for Saturday. My son and I will be there early and probably be gone by 2 or 3.

Anybody driving from Kitsap or Tacoma areas want to meet somewhere?
PanelBilly
I got two 3 days passes with rides in the pace cars and the Saturday night bbq. Got them at a charity auction a few weeks ago. Now, just need to get my work done so I can get there.
PanelBilly
I got enough done to take Saturday off. Plan on heading there in the morning. Picked up 2 more tickets to the bbq for the grandkids so will be staying for dinner. You can get tickets from the souvinier stand for $25 if you want to join me.
Tbrown4x4
Hope to see you there Billy. We should be getting there around 9am and sticking around for 5 or 6 hours.
rhodyguy
Bring ear plugs. They are sold at the track too.
Tbrown4x4
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 30 2018, 04:54 AM) *

Billy doesn't talk that much. I'll be OK. poke.gif
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Jun 30 2018, 06:22 AM) *

I don't know why I never noticed you are in Port Orchard. Just saw your car yesterday on Mullenix and it must have been you parked in the trees at the races . . . I'm over by the ferry, we should talk teener sometime soon.
PanelBilly
The Walker swap meet is July 28th.
914werke
I was just asking about that event, for some reason I though it had already passed.
PanelBilly
I have some slightly used pistons and cylinders to sell. Some rockers too
Daiberl
I plan to sell a few things, my daughter agreed to help me and to do the selling for me. Probably some 996 stuff, some 911 stuff, and a few 914 parts I don't think I will need, for example 4-lug Mahle rims, firewall backpad from 914rubber, ....
914werke
Wait - Juergen your selling the B's wheels?
Daiberl
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 12 2018, 01:19 PM) *

Wait - Juergen your selling the B's wheels?

No, I have a second set of rims, B's wheels are still on the car.
Tbrown4x4
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jul 11 2018, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Jun 30 2018, 06:22 AM) *

I don't know why I never noticed you are in Port Orchard. Just saw your car yesterday on Mullenix and it must have been you parked in the trees at the races . . . I'm over by the ferry, we should talk teener sometime soon.

Sounds good. I work nights, so I'm driving around at odd times. And yea, we parked in the trees at the races. I should have paid extra and parked with the cool kids.

You should consider the next breakfast in Tacoma. We can meet someplace and pick up Jim on the way.
914werke
Seems like next opportunity for a gathering is our Nord memorial Breakfast after Walkers.
Hey Jeff (if you still pay attention to this thread) any plans to make it up here for that WE?
Tbrown4x4
What day is that?
rhodyguy
The 28th.
sixnotfour
im waing for 2 BP mills to bring em up to WA. and get the last 914 I have up there,
914werke
next sat. (the 21st?) there is an "Aircooled" Cars & Coffee at the The shop downtown Seattle on 6th.
KELTY360
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 17 2018, 09:23 AM) *

next sat. (the 21st?) there is an "Aircooled" Cars & Coffee at the The shop downtown Seattle on 6th.

idea.gif I might have a car to take to that.
914werke
Marc bring the Red car with a big FS sign. Starts at 10am, Im washing the LE today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.