Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
effutuo101
One errand to run and them i am on my way.
PeeGreen 914
It was fun guys. We will have to try to do this more often with the families.... So the wives and girlfriends can all talk and keep out of our chat av-943.gif . Love seeing more teeners out on the road. Can't wait to see Chris's all finished w00t.gif . Troy, glad to hear everything is in a better balance for you and having you back out. beerchug.gif Brad, you 914 looks nice. Any time you need any help just let me know, and if you ever need anything for it I do get most parts at cost. Rand, anytime you have some free time let me know as I would love to get a web page set up if we could.

Until next time biggrin.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 23 2007, 09:56 PM) *

It was fun guys. We will have to try to do this more often with the families.... So the wives and girlfriends can all talk and keep out of our chat av-943.gif . Love seeing more teeners out on the road. Can't wait to see Chris's all finished w00t.gif . Troy, glad to hear everything is in a better balance for you and having you back out. beerchug.gif Brad, you 914 looks nice. Any time you need any help just let me know, and if you ever need anything for it I do get most parts at cost. Rand, anytime you have some free time let me know as I would love to get a web page set up if we could.

Until next time biggrin.gif

I had a great time last night too... I moved here for work about a year ago and my wife and I don't really know a lot of people because I was so wrapped up in work for the first 9 months, so it was cool to get out with some different people.

On a side note, my car had the starting issue I talked about last night again after I got home.

I hooked up the heater blower, and when I went to start it it cranked over but would not start. Went out 30 minutes later and it fired up. I think I need someone to help me out with this issue, because it is driving me crazy!
Rand
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 24 2007, 09:57 AM) *

On a side note, my car had the starting issue I talked about last night again after I got home.

I hooked up the heater blower, and when I went to start it it cranked over but would not start. Went out 30 minutes later and it fired up. I think I need someone to help me out with this issue, because it is driving me crazy!

You should start a new thread on this.

When it does this, you said you don't hear the fuel pump running, right? Here's what I would do for starters: Next time it does this maybe grab someone and have them go through start cycles while you can move around and listen closely to the fuel pump.

If you determine for sure that the fuel pump isn't running then you can run through some steps to narrow it down.... How are the connectors at the pump? Put a meter on it - is there power at the pump? You could also make some jumper wires (I have some on hand with alligator clips at each end that are handy for stuff like this) and put power directly to the fuel pump terminals to see if it runs.

Intermittent problems are fun eh? Nice meeting you last night. Good luck - keep us posted.
914werke
Hey got a call from a non member seeking a front deck lid.... local?
Anyone got one they want to part with?
effutuo101
Troy has a beautiful one he would love to part with.... poke.gif av-943.gif
messix
rhody has some
Root_Werks
Michelle and I gotta go to a teener tuesday. Anyone up for something next week?
Eddie914
If I would show you would have to buy ALL my refreshments ... it's my last day of work!

I resigned from my job of FIFTEEN YEARS!

I don't think i could attend ... My wife is having surgery next Wednesday. She is pretty nervous. She will need my support the night before.

Eddie
rjames
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Nov 7 2007, 07:09 PM) *

If I would show you would have to buy ALL my refreshments ... it's my last day of work!

I resigned from my job of FIFTEEN YEARS!

I don't think i could attend ... My wife is having surgery next Wednesday. She is pretty nervous. She will need my support the night before.

Eddie

15 years! Wow, I did exactly the same thing 4 years ago. It's a scary thing to do, but oh so liberating! Congrats!
Eddie914
Robert,

"Scary"

"Liberating!"

You hit the nail(s) on the head!

I've firmly grasped the "scary" portion of the equation ... I'm waiting for the "liberating" portion to soak in ...

I've been in public accounting for the last fifteen years. Too many years of working crazy hours and missing out on the family from January through April 15th.

Robert, thanks for the encouragement ... I very much like ... "liberating"!

WCR 2008! Here I come!

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
Ummm... I am up for doing something next week, but Tuesday they are having the WCR meeting. Maybe we can all do something on next Thursday. Then Eddie could come biggrin.gif
hirum
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 7 2007, 09:33 PM) *

Ummm... I am up for doing something next week, but Tuesday they are having the WCR meeting. Maybe we can all do something on next Thursday. Then Eddie could come biggrin.gif

hello teener tuesday folks. I continue to try to catch up with you guys. I did make it to a BarBQue 7 or 8 months ago at a guys house between 164th & 128th, enjoyed talking with some fellow 914ers. Anyway I'm Greg and in Bothell. 75 green 1.8. Would like make one of the local get togethers.. Greg
PeeGreen 914
I might be up for something tomorrow. Just depends if an offer that is supposed to come in today does, or if it comes in tomorrow. Anyone else?
messix
a definate maybe!

some where local would be best cause i got stuff i gotta do b4 i get my daughter on wed. and turkey day comming up, so no late night for me.
sportlicherFahrer
Hey guys! Figured I would check in and let you know I am alive still. Just without a driving/running teener for awhile. I hope everyone has been having a great holiday season!
effutuo101
Hey Jim! Where you been? Glad to see you are still out there. We should have another Tuesday soon. Been a long time.
sportlicherFahrer
I've just been hiding out in Tacoma. And it HAS been way too long. I cant even tell you when the last teener tuesday was that I went to. Maybe some of us can get together on the 1st?
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, we do need to get together soon. Don't really know about the 1st though. I got to meet Eddie914 yesterday. He let me drive his car piratenanner.gif I really think my 914 needs more power. No more of this stock 2.0l 6 stuff for me...... Hey Dan.. we NEED to talk biggrin.gif . Lets try to figure out a tuesday in the next few weeks so we can get a good turn out. beerchug.gif
dinomium
Careful, Jon!
Dan is contagious, next thing you know you will be welding roofs and stuff!

LOL!
messix
it all starts with just a intake swap and while your doing that you might as well .... well then you have a screaming 2.5
effutuo101
and troy and dino come out of the wood works... biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hey. 2.5 is perfect for what I want to do piratenanner.gif . in PCA 2.5 is the max for GTU and Mod U. My suspension with 200hp... biggrin.gif There will be no welding of roofs for me..... at least not on THIS 914. Can't say I won't try to do it in the future to another though.
Root_Werks
driving.gif welder.gif Weld and drive smile.gif

Teener Tuesday after the new year for sure. I'm up for something.
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Dec 29 2007, 03:20 PM) *

You guys finally had something worthy of the GREAT ONES to comment on!

Hi DAN! YOU DA MAN!
effutuo101
QUOTE(dinomium @ Dec 31 2007, 12:50 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Dec 29 2007, 03:20 PM) *

You guys finally had something worthy of the GREAT ONES to comment on!

Hi DAN! YOU DA MAN!

blink.gif
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
So it is supposed to be nice tomorrow. It was beautiful today and I took my 914 out for a bit. Need to do it again tomorrow if it is nice. Anyone up for anything?
Eddie914
Jon,

It was great meeting you.

I agree ...

piratenanner.gif I really think my 914 needs more power.

Lunch for Teener Tuesday might be fun.

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
I would be up for a lunch somewhere. Anyone else?
LS6/914
If there is a get together I would like to leave the shop. The McLaren chassis project is getting to be a MIGRANE! or maybe its just the realization of how long the wife has been..........ouch. Heres to a better year, Larry
PeeGreen 914
Ummm... I guess you'll have to explain that one to me over lunch biggrin.gif So we have Eddie and Larry... and who else? Shall we try for a 12:30 luch somewhere in Seattle? Maybe North Seattle?
sixnotfour
I can show , depending on where.
PeeGreen 914
I am open to where ever you guys would like to go. I just want to drive my 914 biggrin.gif It's supposed to be nice again.
sixnotfour
Chris rig up a string throttle and bring your 914
PeeGreen 914
I can pick Chris up if he can come. He can even drive my car for a bite. But I'm not coming all the way back to his condo. I don't want to kill my air dam on that damn speed bump that's two feet tall again.
LS6/914
No explaination, theres another man. My daughters are upset. Iam at home doing damage control. She is out partying. If I can get together my youngest will be with me. Larry.......Happy NewYear
PeeGreen 914
Oh, sorry to hear that Larry. Well, it will be nice to meet you. Kids are always welcoome as the 914 sickness starts young biggrin.gif. When I started my 914 up this morning my 17 month old son climbed up onto the couch and started making car noises.

So where would work best for you Larry? Would you take the ferry across?
LS6/914
I guess I should clarify that the youngest is 16 and has been on the track with me in Lotus/Cosworth and McLaren cars. They are both total gear heads. Is that so bad? Larry
PeeGreen 914
Sweet. I wish my dad had cool cars like that. My dad has a 1929 Chryster Plymoth. It's neat and all, but when it comes to driving I really learned that from my friends dad. My kids will most likely be like yours.

Well, I am going to bed, but I am planning on joining you guys for lunch tomorrow where ever you decide.
LS6/914
I will probably drive around as I will be moving one of the teeners to Port Townsend. However I may bring the 928 out. Provided it behaves! Iam open thankks gang Larry
PeeGreen 914
Happy New Year guys.... So what's the plan? Lunch? Where? When?
effutuo101
Sorry, I am going to wimp out on this. I promised my wife breakfast in bead with Mimosa's. I will be up for something next week!
PeeGreen 914
Well you just get your car running biggrin.gif
Eddie914
I'm running late today.

I folded to peer pressure and went out to breakfast after my morning swim ... in Puget Sound at Alki Beach!

There was a big biker gathering (mostly Darley Davidson) at the Alki Tavern spilling out into the boat parking lot. Around 100 bikes. The 914s would have fit in being air cooled.

Let's see what next week looks like for scheduling.

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
Sounds good. So we will plan for something next week.
sixnotfour
sounds good, buying wheels today in auburn
PeeGreen 914
What kind?
effutuo101
How about a TRAXX run? Drive what you want and lets go race some go karts!
PeeGreen 914
That sounds like a very good idea. We should plan that and see if we can get some kind of discount.
effutuo101
Kieran and I are in. already have tickets ( birthday gift card) Lets go have fun! Should we make it 7:30 pm so everbody can make it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.