Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
dinomium
It was bad coming down the big hill to the ferry landing and Christine reports that we have no power at home! We also don't have a fireplace and the BBQ is out of propane. Not costing me anything but my "Be Prepared" motto is feeling a little tarnished!

beer3.gif good thing the beer is cold! biggrin.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I made it home last night and havent gone anywhere since. Could barely get in the parking lot. Still no job(hopefully in the next week at a boat yard across the waterway) so I have no commute. biggrin.gif Kinda wierd to see a foot of snow at sea level.......
Bleyseng
WTF.gif

It was Tuesday last night, so where did everybody meet and get drunk? beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
Rand
Didn't you get the memo? You were supposed to organize this one! tongue.gif

Seems we don't meet as regularly during targa season. Damn, I miss driving topless.

Eddie914
I but a beer in my pocket and hobbled out to the carport on my crutches and stared longingly at my tools and parts that need to get installed on the 914/6 ... fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regualtor, switch panel, bigger brakes, etc.

I thought of all the jobs I could get done if I didn't have to hold crutches in my hands (it even makes drinking a refreshment challenging ... I was thinking of attaching a gimballed drink holder to my crutches).

OT: I'm getting pretty good at shifting without a clutch. I use my right foot to engage the clutch from a stop and then shift by matching engine speed ... just like the old days with non-synchro transmissions.

I might be able to make some sort of gathering in a couple of weeks after I get a walking cast.

Later

Eddie
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 24 2007, 10:26 AM) *

Seems we don't meet as regularly during targa season. Damn, I miss driving topless.

Shit, I just got back into town! OK, lets have it at Eddie914's since he can't go anywhere. rocking nana.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Rand
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 24 2007, 11:09 AM) *

Shit, I just got back into town! OK, lets have it at Eddie914's since he can't go anywhere. rocking nana.gif

popcorn[1].gif

laugh.gif I second that. Maybe we can help install a part too. You know, like a beer holder on a crutch or something.

Should we make it a Sat or Sun so we have more time to get something done?
Bleyseng
Eddie can still flip burgers right? thumb3d.gif
KELTY360

Targa season....I like that. Been loving the sun the last couple of days. Back to using the teener as a DD. Twice in the last two days I've had people look at my scruffy, needs-a-paint job ride and say, "nice car, I love those".

I'm in for a get together soon.
Eric Hagelin
Update: I worked on her for hours today - replaced that crappy wiring from the ignition coil back through the wiring harness, cleaned up every ground I could find, replaced several bits of other corroded wire connectors and old runs of wire...

...and she's RUNNING smooth again. My headlamp motors still won't operate (even though the lamps themselves are on) - and now the latest quirk: the tach doesn't work. But tomorrow I am going to bring her home from my brother's driveway, and then work on her some more... I need to get those headlamps working properly again, and get the tach problem figured out... then, MAYBE IF IT QUITS RAINING, I can get her fully dried out and back in action.

I am, actually, anticipating selling her this Spring (and after she's back in proper running order, of course). Half of me doesn't want to, but the other half - the half that has to figure out how to pay all the bills, and home repairs, etc. - thinks it might be better to wait a few years, get debt-free, build a garage, and then save up for another one.

I definitely want to get together for a few good Teener Tuesdays before that, though!
Click to view attachment
Eric Hagelin
One more pic...
RockinOldSchool
Eric,

Happy to hear it's running again. Sorry to hear you're thinking about selling her. The tach issue is probably just a loose wire. Far as the headlights... Anyone else care to chime in here?

I agree, the weather's been on the up and up recently. Let's start getting everyone together again. My transmission in my daily is shot. headbang.gif
So for the time being the teener is my daily again. biggrin.gif
914werke
OK boys & Girls. Stop on by the Homestead this Sun. for a bit of lite wrenching some heavy BS'ing and to entertain McMark whos visiting to deliver a long awaited bundle of joy biggrin.gif beerchug.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif thumb3d.gif .
effutuo101
drunk.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 26 2007, 04:33 PM) *

OK boys & Girls. Stop on by the Homestead this Sun. for a bit of lite wrenching some heavy BS'ing and to entertain McMark whos visiting to deliver a long awaited bundle of joy biggrin.gif beerchug.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif thumb3d.gif .

What time? I can swing by with a BFH and hit stuff smash.gif

I want to talk GRANITE with you, boyo.
Rand
Rich, you realize the pressure you're under??? You're gonna have to grill a killer burger you know! laugh.gif

Super cool. Hope I can make it out to meet McMark. And see that bundle of joy.
beerchug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I may be able to make it. What time?
Rand
Sunday afternoon, yo.

Ok Jim... That means sometime after the old timers wake up and get stirring. Then they take their time to wander about. And check the fridge. And all that.

I figure 1:30pm is when the early bastards show up.

So I guess I'll see you at 1:39???? laugh.gif

Um, ok, this is just the misinformed assumption quad. If you get updated real info, be sure and post so the SoCal gang can join us. tongue.gif
Bleyseng
Wonder what time Rich comes back from church? popcorn[1].gif

This oldtimer gets up at 5AM.... chair.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 26 2007, 09:10 PM) *

This oldtimer gets up at 5AM.... chair.gif

laugh.gif

LMAO

Ok, so meet us at the altar. Dammit!!!

I look forward to this holy experience.

Dammit, Geoff, stop printing reports off my printer. laugh.gif
McMark
Remember I have 12-14 hours of driving to do. wink.gif

I'm going to try to arrive up there between 4 and 6 pm.
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 26 2007, 09:10 PM) *

church ...ya av-943.gif chair.gif not for this hethan
Any time after noon. Someone bring a welder.gif thumb3d.gif
Ill fire the jsharp.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 26 2007, 04:33 PM) *

Wanna PM the address to me? I'm in Bellingham at Western to see the girlfriend this weekend, but i'll be headed back to Puyallup Sunday. So I may be able to swing in for a bit IF I get out of Bellingham early enough.

John
DNHunt
Yep

Need a addy or map. I'll take a few hours away from welding and GRINDING. Gotta see my bud Mark.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 26 2007, 10:02 PM) *

Remember I have 12-14 hours of driving to do. wink.gif

I'm going to try to arrive up there between 4 and 6 pm.

Just average 90mph and you'll get here quicker.....

I can bring the welder but for what??? on the LE?? good, I wanna burn some paint!!! welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif
rhodyguy
if you can make it in 12 hours, you be flyin'. use the 205 to skirt p-land. be careful when you hit wa. speed emphasis patrols in effect. no mercy. stop by if you want a break before the push to mill creek.

k
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 27 2007, 07:36 AM) *

I can bring the welder but for what??? on the LE?? good, I wanna burn some paint!!! welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif

Yep left the fuel filter Bracket of the tub in the weld process. slap.gif
Kev, you cant make it?
rhodyguy
dunno yet. i'll check with the boss. do you need a loose fuel filter bracket? if i can make it i'll be bring a engine case for transfer. it will save me a mid-week drive north in that damn 10:30 to 2 pm window.

k
Bleyseng
ok, I think I can come out and weld it in as long as we talk about

GRANITE.
Eric Hagelin
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 27 2007, 07:38 AM) *

if you can make it in 12 hours, you be flyin'. use the 205 to skirt p-land. be careful when you hit wa. speed emphasis patrols in effect. no mercy. stop by if you want a break before the push to mill creek.

k

No mercy is right. Just got slapped with a 55 in a 45 on Hwy 9. 55 in a 45!!?? Come on!

I can't make it to anything this weekend - my nephew is here on vacation from Iraq. He has to go back for about 5 more months in about a week. His youngest is getting baptized on Sunday, and then we're all hanging out for family lunch & dinner.

Update: Got the headlamp motors functioning again. Blown fuse (that looked good). The car is running smooth. Thanks guys, for your help and advice.

-E
DNHunt
Rich

You need a welder? I can bring mine. I've been welding 304 Stainless and have Argon in the bottle. I think I have some .30 wire.

Dave
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Eric Hagelin @ Jan 27 2007, 05:45 PM) *

Update: Got the headlamp motors functioning again. Blown fuse (that looked good). The car is running smooth. Thanks guys, for your help and advice.

Always something small.

So how long is the get together tomorrow? Not sure what time I'll be getting out of Bellingham, but I'm figuring I'll be leaving to head south between 2 and 3:30.

John
sportlicherFahrer
There is the slightest chance that I could be up there around 7ish. You guys still gonna be BS/BBQing?
914werke
ill save you a burger smile.gif
rhodyguy
and if you get nailed in a construction (I-5 seems to be one continous these days) or school zone the fine doubles. 29 in a 20mph speed trap cost me $171. it's a very special ticket too. no mitigating circumstances, as in getting it reduced. you are either absolutely innocent or guilty if you want to go to court. i just surrendered and paid the fine.

k
sportlicherFahrer
I'll let you guys know for sure a little later. It is still up in the air for me.
RockinOldSchool
Hey Jim, if you get this before you leave give me a call on my cell. I'm headed that way about 4 or so.
rhodyguy
how did this go yest? did mark make it? you should start a new thread richard.

k
Bleyseng
I was there until 5pm, helped Rich with the welding projects that DaveH and I kinda took over.
Mark hadn't shown up by the time I had to leave.

Burgers were cookin, beer was drunk so it was all good.

Who would ever want orange rims! barf.gif

Rich welding on the fuel filter bracket....too cold of a floor to get DaveHunt down there. w00t.gif
messix
by the way Mark was on his way south about 11:30 this morn.

i took him into snohomish for breakfast a the old farmers hang out.

good kid that McMark is thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
that's quite a bit of driving in 2 days. he'll be wore out. where did you have breakfast?

k
messix
twin eagles cafe
Bleyseng
So, Tuesday is coming up Troy, anything planned?
mstein95
popcorn[1].gif idea.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
messix
maybe we should go up and see what rootwerks has left of his last collection.

Dan calling Dan!
boxstr
Hey you have a new 914 owner in the Seattle area, Jason and Sheridan Jones.
sixnotfour
By the date on the picture , They are future owners w00t.gif

Congrats driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
Day/Month/Year, but i gotcha.
sixnotfour
iso vs din
or humor
RockinOldSchool
Figured, but i had to say it anyways. LoL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.