Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
rhodyguy
Go see a movie, dinner, what ever. There's more coming your way out of the south west. BLACK clouds.
914work
Robert too much sun & dry weather?
What about WCR?
Daiberl
Ok, new try, power is back and I know I will be home early so: I plan to start dropping the engine this evening, start is around 5 PM and I could probably use some help smile.gif
bradtho
bummer, no can do. sad.gif
JTdevine
I can make it if u are still going for it.
Daiberl
QUOTE(JTdevine @ Mar 18 2016, 03:51 PM) *

I can make it if u are still going for it.

Still going for it, getting ready to head out and start working.
PanelBilly
Next Tuesday the sun will be out so let's have a teener night
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 26 2016, 07:52 AM) *

Next Tuesday the sun will be out so let's have a teener night

How about Elliot Bay Brewery in Burien??

Somebody else choose a time
PanelBilly
Might just be the two of us. I'm thinking we should meet 630 or 7. Let's see if anyone else chimes in now that the holiday weekend is over
Daiberl
As always when I'm traveling dry.gif Will be in San Francisco and then Paris for the next two weeks, would love to meet when I'm back. Engine is out of the -6 (thanks JTdevine for the help) so not too help needed here at the moment but the Bumblebee needs to get out for a drive. Who is going to the Porsche Meeting at Triple XXX on April 24th?
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 28 2016, 07:37 AM) *

Might just be the two of us. I'm thinking we should meet 630 or 7. Let's see if anyone else chimes in now that the holiday weekend is over

6:30 then. I'm flexible and willing to come at 7 if that works for others.
jsaum
I might be able to make it, I'm planning on being in the south end most of the day tomorrow.
JimN73
Now there are 3, anybody else?
PanelBilly
6:30 fits with me. Where is this place?
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 28 2016, 06:24 PM) *

6:30 fits with me. Where is this place?

Billy, it's about 5 minutes from I-5, west from SouthCenter (hway 518)

Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub
255 SW 152nd St.
Burien, WA 98166
206-246-4211

It's easy for me and I know where it s, but - as I said - I'm flexible
PanelBilly
Is there good parking there. I'm thinking of driving the teener
Bleyseng
nope, off to see my sister in law as my little brother died last week.
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 29 2016, 07:33 AM) *

Is there good parking there. I'm thinking of driving the teener

There is street parking andm maybe a lot across the street. I have always found a spot near the brewery so haven't had to look too much.

the teener is my vehicle of choice.
JimN73
Good dinner, good beer, good guys (Panel Billy, JSaum, me) at Elliot Bay brewery last night.

You shoulda been there.
Daiberl
Need some ideas of how to transport a car. I bought this 356 which is completely in pieces and the body is on a rotisserie which comes with the car. What would be the best way to get the body from Sammamish plateau to my place? Flatbed trailer? If yes where could I rent one? Or should I try to get the body of the rotisserie, how heavy is the body, how many people would be needed? They want to have the car gone next weekend so I might need some help!
rhodyguy
Rent a truck and appropriate trailer. Uhaul. Off rotisserie, on dunnage, strapped down. Load the truck bed with parts. You'll need some bodies. Where are you going to store the 356? Not much room left at your place?
Daiberl
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 9 2016, 06:10 AM) *

Rent a truck and appropriate trailer. Uhaul. Off rotisserie, on dunnage, strapped down. Load the truck bed with parts. You'll need some bodies. Where are you going to store the 356? Not much room left at your place?

Bumblebee is parked somewhere else to make room for the 356. Plan is to store it at the moment at my place and once the -6 is done start the restoration. the -6 should go to MN soon and will likely stay there for some time so I should be fine.
I can pull a trailer with Monica's X5 Diesel, that should not be the problem, question is how many people would be needed to get the car off the rotisserie and back on at my place. Would 4 be enough?
rhodyguy
Stripped chassis? 5 or 6 people total? Check with uhaul first before deciding on the bmw. They have specific rules with regards to tow weight AND tongue weight. You can rent a pu or cargo van at most locations for $19.95 per day (24 hours) plus mileage. I had to pick up 900# of oak flooring in Seattle this past week. Cargo van ran about $90 for rental and mileage and I expect your use mileage would be about the same. A van or pu will haul a lot more parts than the bmw.
messix
flat bed roll back tow truck. would be the most painless
bradtho
Let's do it today! The weather is great and it sounds like fun!
Daiberl
QUOTE(bradtho @ Apr 9 2016, 10:06 AM) *

Let's do it today! The weather is great and it sounds like fun!

Would love to do it today but the seller is not available so either Saturday or Sunday next weekend. Looks like I will rent a Uhaul with a trailer here in Kenmore like Kevin suggested, seems to be the easiest way.
rhodyguy
Don't forget to replace the fuel you use before the return. It's in the neighborhood of $4.50 a gal if uhaul does it. You can reserve the vehicle and trailer ahead of time with a credit card. I wouldn't wait til the last minute.
bradtho
How about some pics of your new find? I assume it's a coupe? B? C?
Daiberl
QUOTE(bradtho @ Apr 9 2016, 01:45 PM) *

How about some pics of your new find? I assume it's a coupe? B? C?

One of the first 356B built, in about 27 boxes, driven in the garage more than 25 years ago, dismantled, put on the rotisserie, all rust cut out (including floor board, ...), and nothing else happened sad.gif Really didn't need a new project but couldn't say no, even my wife told me to buy it (she's a keeper for sure!). Pictures will follow once I have it in my garage.
rhodyguy
Very cool.
Daiberl
Put in a reservation at Uhaul for a truck and trailer two days ago and just got a call that they don't have a trailer mad.gif Will not try to get most of the parts on Saturday and looking for a flatbed trailer I can rent to get the body over the next days. So if someone in the Seattle area has a nice flatbed trailer let me know biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Are there NO trailers anywhere local to you in King or snohomish counties? If you made the reservation and provided a cc # they owe you a trailer or should find one for you. They do have trucks. Did you book online or call?
Daiberl
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 15 2016, 01:14 PM) *

Are there NO trailers anywhere local to you in King or snohomish counties? If you made the reservation and provided a cc # they owe you a trailer or should find one for you. They do have trucks. Did you book online or call?

Booked online and called, they can give me a trailer at 4 PM somewhere in Issaquah or so, simply not working out. Calling flat bed towing companies later and see what they will charge me.
jsaum
Try Penske Truck rental.
914work
AAA
bradtho
If you work something out, let us know. I should be able to help this weekend
jsaum
The weather is going to be nice this Tuesday anyone up for a few beers Tuesday evening?
6freak
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 15 2016, 02:32 PM) *

Booked online and called, they can give me a trailer at 4 PM somewhere in Issaquah or so, simply not working out. Calling flat bed towing companies later and see what they will charge me.

is it done?... if ill fit in my trailer ill do it for ya! roll it in on the rottisserie .. I know the doors under six foot cause i hit my head on it..ill make kevin ride with me so i can do carpool lane go in north...
MikeC.
rhodyguy
Mike, no more open trailer stored at your place? I charge $.25 per mile to be an HOV lane dummy.
sixnotfour
Mike roll past your bros house and get some mufflers..........
Daiberl
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2016, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 15 2016, 02:32 PM) *

is it done?... if ill fit in my trailer ill do it for ya! roll it in on the rottisserie .. I know the doors under six foot cause i hit my head on it..ill make kevin ride with me so i can do carpool lane go in north...
MikeC.

Mike, PM'd you, are you around Wednesday afternoon/evening?
rhodyguy
Better make it the evening. After 7pm. You can thank me later.
Daiberl
Looks like Mike will be able to help me getting the body on Wednesday afternoon so if you can help loading and I think more important given my garage help unloading I can offer beer, soda, water, and probably Pizza. We will be at the sellers place around 4 PM and at my place very likely around 5:30 - 6:00.
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 18 2016, 08:54 AM) *

Ill be going North from Boeing Field to issaquah and I-5 home from lake stevens Jeff maybe hell bring them to the XXX for me .. ill let ya know

many hands make light work so if anyone can be there it would be great...bring your hand shoes

Kevin! I could probabaly hire a hooker for cheaper then that and get some road head too lol-2.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2016, 01:52 PM) *

Ill be going North from Boeing Field to issaquah and I-5 home from lake stevens Jeff maybe hell bring them to the XXX for me .. ill let ya know

many hands make light work so if anyone can be there it would be great...bring your hand shoes

Kevin! I could probabaly hire a hooker for cheaper then that and get some road head too lol-2.gif

Holy crap have I missed seeing you post more often!! lol-2.gif av-943.gif
PanelBilly

Is that because they give you the half price deal?

I can help you unload

messix
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Apr 18 2016, 02:12 PM) *

Holy crap have I missed seeing you post more often!! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

absolutely no filter..... aktion035.gif
6freak
Juergen the trailers 80" at the wheel wells 66" at the door slightly taller inside...i hope to god we can just roll it in and out..maybe spin the car upside down on the rotiss and she go right in...fingers crossed,did the seller get you them measurements?

glad to have all the help we can get
MikeC

Nate! ugly hooker`s need to make a living to, and them big one`s are like getting 50% more for your money!....fat and ugly CHA CHING half price is good:lol:

MikeC
Daiberl
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 18 2016, 07:16 PM) *

Juergen the trailers 80" at the wheel wells 66" at the door slightly taller inside...i hope to god we can just roll it in and out..maybe spin the car upside down on the rotiss and she go right in...fingers crossed,did the seller get you them measurements?

glad to have all the help we can get
MikeC

Nate! ugly hooker`s need to make a living to, and them big one`s are like getting 50% more for your money!....fat and ugly CHA CHING half price is good:lol:

MikeC

Waiting for the measurements, it's not that wider than a 356 and we can spin the car around on the rotisserie. Length including rotisserie is around 15 - 16 ft. As soon as I have measurements I will PM you.
If someone wants to help load or unload PM me for the address if you don't have it. Pick up is in Sammamish and I live in Lake Forest Park.
6freak
Its on fellas,, if anyone can help that be great
Mikec
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.