Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
audio_file
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 12 2012, 11:19 PM) *

OK, maybe not my say BUT, Jerry , had a mild stroke...great person , awesome painter, 914 guy .... recocovering and soon to be driving,,,,
God Speed Jerry first.gif

+1 on Jerry being a good guy... Sorry to hear this.
Get well Jerry! Don't hesitate to out us locals know if there's anything we can assist with.
Chris
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 12 2012, 11:19 PM) *

OK, maybe not my say BUT, Jerry , had a mild stroke...great person , awesome painter, 914 guy .... recocovering and soon to be driving,,,,
God Speed Jerry first.gif

Oh man. Sorry to hear about this.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery Jerry!!
Daiberl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 12 2012, 10:09 PM) *

Well, I made it even thou I was way late due to traffic. Stood around, drank his beer, ate his pizza and retimed the engine, checked the plugs, started it up and let it idle till it got fairly hot and reset the idle speed/mix.

I think there is a problem with the CR as he doesn't know what it is. chair.gif Time to measure everything! headbang.gif

You learn something new every day biggrin.gif Thanks for coming over, time for me to drop the engine again and measure everything.
mightyohm
Argh, I've been here 3 months and I still haven't made it to one of these meetups. dry.gif

Last week the bottom of my Bursch muffler blew out, and I'm looking for a shop to replace just the muffler with something new that fits. Can anyone recommend a local exhaust shop, preferably on the east side (I'm in Redmond)?
jcambo7
Matt's Greenwood Auto Care mainly deals with japanese imports but the owner owns a 911 Carrera RS America and is a friend of Jon Bovey's. One of the best shops around and should be able to help you out. If not I would try triad west perfomance. I don't remember exactly but I believe he is located in Lacey or Olympia area.
messix
Hey north end guys, tony is in town and meeting me at the 13thave pub in mill creek and rich d is dropping by too, we'll be hefe watching the seachickens playin'
rhodyguy
jeff, down south Austin's promax could prob put a flowmaster on your piping. instead of a weld at the end of the collector/muffler pipe use a couple of 3 bolt flanges.

k
KELTY360
QUOTE(mightyohm @ Sep 22 2012, 03:25 PM) *

Argh, I've been here 3 months and I still haven't made it to one of these meetups. dry.gif

Last week the bottom of my Bursch muffler blew out, and I'm looking for a shop to replace just the muffler with something new that fits. Can anyone recommend a local exhaust shop, preferably on the east side (I'm in Redmond)?

Jeff -

I've used a guy in the Renton Highlands that does beautiful work, very reasonably priced. He built an entire system for my '54 Merc and 2 weeks ago he repalced a portion of the exhaust on my brother's Syncro Westy. His welds and bends are beautiful. Name is Kevin, Lifetime Muffler, 425.255.5144. Tell hem Marc sent you.

Look forward to meeting you one of these days.
aircooledtechguy
Before you order a muffler of any kind to replace the factory Bursch, measure the space you have and get measurements for the replacement muffler to be sure it will fit. You'll be surprised just how little space you have for a muffler in there. I can tell you that your classic Flow Master 40 etc. will NOT fit (too wide). Most of the off the shelf mufflers are made for larger motors and are fairly large in size. It's the width that is the problem with most mufflers.
mightyohm
Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

I found an exact match for the old muffler by searching for the part number that was stamped on it - it's a Dynomax 17604. I've got the new muffler in hand, just need to get it installed. I'll call the shops listed above.

Thanks again!
mightyohm
Got the new muffler installed - I wound up using Dan's Fast Muffler on 12th in Bellevue. A little pricey but they got me in without an appointment and the quality of their work is top notch. There was a BMW 2002 in the lot so I knew I had found the right place.

Thanks again for the help.

InkyP
Anyone out there in the Northwest group have a front bumper that will work on my 74 teener?

Had a guy back into me.

Thanks,

Paul
messix
pm this guy http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88677
messix
pm this guy http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88677
InkyP
Who do you think was the first guy I called but Mr. Parts himself Rich!

In fact I thought he could straighten my frame for me but it was such a wierd position (pushed in a couple of inches next to the light houseing on the right side) that he said go to eurotechbodywerkes which is what I have done.

So rhodyguy has been so kind as to sell me a bumper.

Love you Northwest Teeners! In a manly way of coarse!
InkyP
So it looks like I still need a bumper and I need it fast or one that I can use so the body guy can straighten my frame and the bumper lines up correctly.

Anyone! Anyone! Bueller! Bueller!
sixnotfour
i will look today
914werke
I have one you can use just to get it straightened, I just need it back
stop by this morning.
InkyP
Thanks for looking Jeff!

I'll swing by around 10ish Rich and yes I will give it back.
dinomium
Hey
Any of you knuckleheads know if caffine and gasoline happening this morning?
I have to be in Tacoma anyway.
Now don't be that way, only some of you are truly knuckleheads. You know who you are. happy11.gif
dinomium
No rain.
messix
who are you call'n knuckle head? idea.gif
Daiberl
Looks like NORD is stopping by next Sunday after 2:00 PM to pick something up and maybe Jeff is also coming for a chat, I would need some help with the 911 (some carpet needs to be glued in, top frame needs to get cleaned) so let me know if you want to stop by for a beer and maybe some Pizza.
dinomium
it is interesting who responded the KH moniker...
helios
Hey guys! bye1.gif

Still alive. Been busy. Bought a house this summer...still getting that thing situated. laugh.gif

I did get around to poking around in the engine bay to start cleaning things up to re-install the motor and trans.....and I didn't like what I saw.

Let me know if you hear of any solid rollers/chassis' floating around. Mine might be too effed to deal with the effort (and expense) of putting in new floors..... unsure.gif

Otherwise I may end up having to part it out and cut my losses. Not really looking forward to that.
sixnotfour
Dude, Just in time I have a couple I want to part with....
Start @ 1k no patching frequired..Blue light special... Roller 914's..Roller 914's

Should not Dino be BANNED ??
messix
QUOTE(dinomium @ Nov 5 2012, 09:56 AM) *

it is interesting who responded the KH moniker...

Takes one to know one piratenanner.gif
NORD
QUOTE(helios @ Nov 5 2012, 04:23 PM) *

Hey guys! bye1.gif

Still alive. Been busy. Bought a house this summer...still getting that thing situated. laugh.gif

I did get around to poking around in the engine bay to start cleaning things up to re-install the motor and trans.....and I didn't like what I saw.

Let me know if you hear of any solid rollers/chassis' floating around. Mine might be too effed to deal with the effort (and expense) of putting in new floors..... unsure.gif

Otherwise I may end up having to part it out and cut my losses. Not really looking forward to that.

Chris I'm going down to Juergens on Sunday, do you want to come along? We could stop by Jeff's and see what he has for you. I'd like to steal a 6 motor from him.
Let me know. driving.gif
helios
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 5 2012, 06:51 PM) *

Dude, Just in time I have a couple I want to part with....
Start @ 1k no patching frequired..Blue light special... Roller 914's..Roller 914's

Definitely interested in taking a look.

Mine looks like the entire lower firewall has been hacked out, "new" battery tray was just riveted in...and the repairs to the RR suspension console (outer control arm attachment point) look a might questionable. And that is on top of the entire rear floor pan being rotted out (along w/ some heavy rust coming through on the bottom of the doors). I think the newer paint was thrown on to cover up a bunch of stuff.

But whatever. If it wasn't for the car I never would've found this place....even though I have been a bit of a stranger over the past few months. slap.gif
helios
QUOTE(NORD @ Nov 5 2012, 07:43 PM) *

Chris I'm going down to Juergens on Sunday, do you want to come along? We could stop by Jeff's and see what he has for you. I'd like to steal a 6 motor from him.
Let me know. driving.gif

Interested. I don't think I have too much going on until late Sunday afternoon.

Then you can pitch me crap all the way down for spacing out on the Baker drive/breakie. headbang.gif
rhodyguy
check out the white car (73/74?) jeff owns that has the 5 lug conversion. really complete. cali car i iirc. spend a little more on a cleaner car and part your current one out.

k
aircooledtechguy
With all this talk about parting cars and such, I'm in need of some teener sheet metal that is normally NOT needed by other teeners. So if anyone has a car they are going to be cutting up soon, I have a couple odd requests for use on the Squarsche.

Specifically, I could use both L & R FWD a-arm mount areas, about 6-8" in diameter around each one. I also need the area where the steering shaft goes through the fwd passenger compartment and the bracket for the bearing inside the car. I also may need a front suspension cross member, but the jury is still out on that one. Lemme know if anyone has a derelict hulk with that stuff and what you want for it. Thanks.
sixnotfour
I have a front half of a 76 with no trunk floor or fenders or inner fender panels sorta..

check out the white car (73/74?) jeff owns that has the 5 lug conversion. really complete. cali car i iirc. spend a little more on a cleaner car and part your current one out.

uh ya Not for Sale..
914werke
Nate you waited too long. You coulda had all that but the latest tub left a week ago.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 7 2012, 05:42 PM) *

I have a front half of a 76 with no trunk floor or fenders or inner fender panels sorta..

Jeff, are you going to be where that front-end is on Saturday morning around 9:00ish?? If so, I'll pack my sawzall and come over. You'll need to PM me the address.

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 7 2012, 08:40 PM) *

Nate you waited too long. You coulda had all that but the latest tub left a week ago.

headbang.gif Story of my life, 'cept for that short moment of time when I met my wife. . . wub.gif
a914622
If jeffs doesnt work out i have a 73 that has what you need in Stadwood. Just need to flip it over.

jeff
helios
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 7 2012, 05:42 PM) *

uh ya Not for Sale..

laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
I need to get my car back in my garage, unwrap it, and get it finished soon. Damn remodel dry.gif Taking all my time and money I could be putting into the 914 blink.gif

Hope to do something with you all soon.

Hey Jeff, when I get the car back in the garage do you have time to help me finish the body work?
sixnotfour
Jeff, are you going to be where that front-end is on Saturday morning around 9:00ish?? If so, I'll pack my sawzall and come over. You'll need to PM me the address.

yep...Nate was here blink.gif
aircooledtechguy
HUGE thanks to Jeff for the metal this morning. I've got to get me a plasma cutter!!

Funny thing happened while cutting through the wire bundle with the cutter; the horn began to honk!! Craziest thing ever, 'course if does make sense since we were using electricity to cut, but still. . . Got 3 good honks out of it!! lol-2.gif
NORD
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Nov 4 2012, 07:39 PM) *

Looks like NORD is stopping by next Sunday after 2:00 PM to pick something up and maybe Jeff is also coming for a chat, I would need some help with the 911 (some carpet needs to be glued in, top frame needs to get cleaned) so let me know if you want to stop by for a beer and maybe some Pizza.

Still on for 2;00 today??? driving.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(NORD @ Nov 11 2012, 10:00 AM) *

I will be at home.
NORD

Chris and I will be down driving.gif
helios
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Nov 11 2012, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(NORD @ Nov 11 2012, 10:00 AM) *

I will be at home.

Great meeting you yesterday Daiberl. Loved your little "collection". smile.gif

Great seeing you again Jeff. I'll be in touch this week...I think I'm in trouble. unsure.gif
sixnotfour
let me know, I like to do late night delivery. No traffic, Just commit so I can deliver and make my Wife happy..
914werke
biggrin.gif
Greggers914
QUOTE(helios @ Nov 5 2012, 04:23 PM) *

Hey guys! bye1.gif

I'm new to this group. Bought a 75 2.0 from an employee. Nice car with "time capsule" interior. Metallic copper color. Grew on me. The car is now running great and I'm looking forward to driving it this spring summer.
Also have 85 triple black 911 cab.

Love to go to the events at xxx.

Greggers
NORD
I'm new to this group. Bought a 75 2.0 from an employee. Nice car with "time capsule" interior. Metallic copper color. Grew on me. The car is now running great and I'm looking forward to driving it this spring summer.
Also have 85 triple black 911 cab.

Love to go to the events at xxx.

Greggers
[/quote]

welcome.png We have an active 914 group in the PNW. Check out the Thread for the 2013

WCR down in the Gorge coming in June 2013.

Think you'll be putting that assdragger up as a parts car soon. Welcome to the

Maddness. santa_smiley.gif
Ductech
Y'all heard it right here... I am so going to WCR this year!
aircooledtechguy
Another copper '75!! smilie_pokal.gif

I hear the best factory color is copper metallic. . . popcorn[1].gif stirthepot.gif

Glad you made it over here Greg. We have a good fun group here in the PNW. You gotta put WCR 2013 on your calender for this June.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.