Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
PanelBilly
Sunday is the Toy Run and I'm watching the weather and trying to figure out if I should take the 914 or the 968. Anybody going?
waltonsm
I am in town this weekend, was considering hiking, but would consider doing this too, but don’t know anything of this event.

Steve

Turns out it is a big fundraiser event at Pacific. Might be in.
sportlicherFahrer
Not looking like a good weekend for weather. If we go it'll be in one of the VW's.

If tomorrow morning is dry I'll probably take the 914 over to Griot's to check out C&C. Race cars is the theme this month.
PanelBilly
I got the wrong date. It’s on December 4th. Duh
sportlicherFahrer
Sorry for the short notice, but the local club is doing a dinner night at The Ram in Puyallup tomorrow at 7pm. Think we'll be in the back room of the main dining area. Should be a clear night. Just crank the heat up!

Anyone in? beer3.gif

914werke
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
sportlicherFahrer
Blast from the past!
sportlicherFahrer
Sure is quiet in here these days ph34r.gif Hoping it starts looking more like Friday and Saturday did soon. Bounced around town with a buddy and his 911 Friday evening trying for some cool shots close to sunset.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Root_Werks
Hoping to get to events this year.

driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 14 2023, 09:03 AM) *

driving.gif

It'd be good to see you again, Dan. Been a couple days! beerchug.gif

Depending on weather I'll probably be at the XXX PNWR meet in April again. Usually a little chilly with a good chance of rain, but sometimes its perfect.

Sunday April 16th from 11am-2pm
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 14 2023, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 14 2023, 09:03 AM) *

driving.gif

It'd be good to see you again, Dan. Been a couple days! beerchug.gif

Depending on weather I'll probably be at the XXX PNWR meet in April again. Usually a little chilly with a good chance of rain, but sometimes its perfect.

Sunday April 16th from 11am-2pm

Penciling that one in! Would be nice to get off the rock I live on for a few days.
PanelBilly
Are we going to do a drive for Dave?
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 14 2023, 03:45 PM) *

Sounds like there may be a service for him in April or so. No word about a drive yet, but I imagine that a drive would happen closer to then.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 15 2023, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 14 2023, 03:45 PM) *

Sounds like there may be a service for him in April or so. No word about a drive yet, but I imagine that a drive would happen closer to then.

Is there any way to get the email notifications working again on this thread. Sure have missed the local chatter?
sportlicherFahrer
Email tracking notifications are still shut off site wide. Only way to keep track these days is logging on and checking the thread yourself. Think the PM emails came back, but not sure if that stuck around after the last hack.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 16 2023, 05:51 AM) *

Email tracking notifications are still shut off site wide. Only way to keep track these days is logging on and checking the thread yourself. Think the PM emails came back, but not sure if that stuck around after the last hack.

Thanks Jim,
troth
Just moved to Whidbey Island, I’ll be in and out of the area the next couple months for work. Hoping to catch some events soon. Anybody local on the island/Anacortes? Catch me in my DD/beater ‘81 911. Worked well in Florida, but I think I’m going to need to pick up a better winter driver. Sand blasting the wheel wells with salt every day on my way to work has me grimacing and apologizing to the car most of the way.

Teener is at PMB for restoration so it’ll be awhile until I get it out here.

Click to view attachment
sportlicherFahrer
Welcome! I'm sure there's one or two locals up there. Been a minute since I've been up that way, though.

Also, we have one of the most active PCA regions in the country if that's your thing. @PanelBilly happens to be the membership chair for PNWR if you have any questions there.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(troth @ Feb 23 2023, 02:00 PM) *

Just moved to Whidbey Island, I’ll be in and out of the area the next couple months for work. Hoping to catch some events soon. Anybody local on the island/Anacortes? Catch me in my DD/beater ‘81 911. Worked well in Florida, but I think I’m going to need to pick up a better winter driver. Sand blasting the wheel wells with salt every day on my way to work has me grimacing and apologizing to the car most of the way.

Click to view attachment

Welcome to Whidbey. I spent a lot of time there over the years when I lived in Seattle. You should be fine with the 911. I drove mine year around when I lived there. Snow and ice are pretty rare occurrences. Maybe a second set of wheels with winter tires.
PanelBilly
My brother lives on the island and drives a newer tail dragged. He haunts this site and goes by EvilolderBrother. I understand there’s a coffee shop that most of the locals hang out at. He can fill you in on the details.
EvilOlderBrother
QUOTE(troth @ Feb 23 2023, 05:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Welcome to paradise.
The local get together is the first Saturday of each month in Freeland. We meet from 9-11 at Crabby Coffee for coffee and BS. There are several guys that come down from Anacortes and lots of us with P cars. Very informal and great group of folks.
Look for me in my night blue 991 and I will buy you a cup.

Al
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif

Annual Porsche meet at XXX in Issaquah is coming up on the 16th. 11am to 2pm. Planning on being there with at least one of ours, maybe both if the planets align.

Anyone else? Could be fun to meet up a short distance away and show up in force. driving.gif
davehg
I hope to be there weather permitting. There is a cars and coffee at Bellevue Porsche that morning.Might be fun to meet there and then caravan to Triple X.

My blue 2.7 twin plug won’t likely be ready but I’ll bring the 3.2 if weather holds.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(davehg @ Apr 7 2023, 05:46 AM) *

I hope to be there weather permitting. There is a cars and coffee at Bellevue Porsche that morning.Might be fun to meet there and then caravan to Triple X.

My blue 2.7 twin plug won’t likely be ready but I’ll bring the 3.2 if weather holds.

Details on the C&C at Bellevue Porsche? Could be a reasonable meet up spot between the north and south end.
Jett
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 7 2023, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(davehg @ Apr 7 2023, 05:46 AM) *

Details on the C&C at Bellevue Porsche? Could be a reasonable meet up spot between the north and south end.

+1 live close to the dealer and always make it to XXX. Might bring the 75 Palma car.
rjames
If the weather is decent I'll likely make the Issaqah event. Looking forward to getting the car out. Getting tired of the cold and rain!
PanelBilly
I planned by on doing both if the timing works out.
PanelBilly
XXX might not start until 11:00 but people will be showing up much earlier. We might not get a spot I. The parking lot if we come too late. I’m not sure what time the Bellevue c&c starts but they are also expecting a crowd.
sportlicherFahrer
Kind of a highjack, but PNW relevant. Looks like Dave Ellison's old car is up for auction.

Auction Link

@PanelBilly What time is the C&C at Bellevue?
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

I’ll be there at 8 to set up the PCA display and plan to stay till the end.
This means I’ll be late to XXX but that ok with me.
sixnotfour
hope Daves family gets the most..
914werke
Visited the Lemay Museum to take in the Porsche display & event.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
troth
Anybody coming from up north for the Bellevue or Issaquah events? I'm probably going to try to get breakfast in Langley and catch the Clinton ferry to Mukiliteo.
sportlicherFahrer
Nice, Rich! Ben's car needs a Creamsicle next to it for contrast...

How's meeting at Porsche Bellevue next weekend and leaving at about 10:15 for some backroads to XXX sound? Who's in? Weather looks to be in our favor this year at this point.
davehg
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 9 2023, 07:46 PM) *

Nice, Rich! Ben's car needs a Creamsicle next to it for contrast...

How's meeting at Porsche Bellevue next weekend and leaving at about 10:15 for some backroads to XXX sound? Who's in? Weather looks to be in our favor this year at this point.

That’s my plan - see you all there. I’ll be in the black 3.2 with riveted flares.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 9 2023, 07:46 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Sounds like 3 so far?
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like the forecast shifted a bit. Still planning on going regardless. It is the Great North Wet after all. Anyone else not afraid of a little rain? poke.gif
PanelBilly
Don’t make me sit there by myself. I’ll be driving the 968. Rather not get the teener set
sportlicherFahrer
For anyone interested. I will unfortunately be out of town.

IPB Image
rhodyguy
He was such a nice guy. More than generous with his lift time and an extra set of hands. For some locals, they skipped the exhaust shipping $ and hassle, drove down, put the Porsche on the lift, and installed the new muffler.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 16 2023, 10:01 AM) *

He was such a nice guy. More than generous with his lift time and an extra set of hands. For some locals, they skipped the exhaust shipping $ and hassle, drove down, put the Porsche on the lift, and installed the new muffler.

I did that myself on more than one occasion. Dave cut the rear valence to match right there on the spot as well. I can remember quite a few visits of just hanging out and lending a hand if he was working on something outside the welding room.

There's a slight chance my plans may shift on Saturday. Will definitely head down for a bit if I'm able.
Bruce Hinds
I had expected to see some information here about anyone going to WCR and didn't realize it was coming up until someone posted Groit's on June 3rd. A good option for those that can't go too far.

Who's in for Groit's Porsche day?
scallyk9
I'll be there probably in my 3.2L conversion. The Olympic Peninsula Region is organizing an early morning cruise from Gig Harbor to Griot's Garage. You are welcome to join us.

Then we'll head over to LeMay ACM for a presentation on the 917 and Porsche's history at LeMans which starts at 10:30 (I think) which will be a good chance to check out their Porsche at 75 years display.
PanelBilly
Next Sunday is the monthly C&C at Bellevue Porsche. They have some great coffee and last month there was freshly made donuts. I get there around 8 because I set up a PCA display. Place is full by 9
davehg
German auto day is coming up on the 27th at Redmond Town Center Exotics. Hope to see folks there. You have to typically get there around 8am to get a spot

https://exoticsat.com/special-events/german-car-day-1
sportlicherFahrer
Planning to be at Porsche Bellevue C&C as well as Griot's on the 3rd.

Also coming up in the distance on July 2nd from noon to 3:00 is the Porsche club meet at Black Raven Brewing in Woodinville. Pretty massive showing last year with perfect weather. Group6ix will be printing shirts on site as well. Pic from last year:

IPB Image
914werke
Thats the "newer" Limited Edition!
Tonyooc
I'm in town. Anything happening tonight?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ May 16 2023, 03:23 PM) *

I'm in town. Anything happening tonight?

Nothing to speak of. Are you here this weekend?
moldygreg
Hi Teener Peeps --

Bit of a stretch ... .but I'm looking for a set of early phone dials or cookies for my 944.

I'm trying to get a second set to run a taller tire. Doing the NW Rally in the 944 which has been fun, but not fun with stock ride height.

Don't need anything perfect, but something that I can swap out.

Many thanks
Greg

feel free to text me at 206- 4four 8Eight 4four - 9296

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.