Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
PanelBilly
Let’s try again for this Sunday. How about a place that’s up north? Rich, you have a suggestion?
CHIZ 914
How about Diamond Knot Brewpub in Mountlake Terrace?
Good food and supper close to I-5

https://diamondknot.com/brewbrewpubmlt
sportlicherFahrer
What time? Might be staying up in Bellingham Saturday night. Plans are in flux right now, but that chicken fried ribeye sounds amazing.
CHIZ 914
We can keep it open, say anytime from 10-11 AM, or in the after noon if that works better for others
Tbrown4x4
Sunday's no good for me. I'll have to pass.

On a side note, I need my 2056 rotating assembly balanced. I was going to take it to Parkland Performance Auto Machine, but I'm reading a lot of bad reviews. He did a good job on my son's 7MGE head, and I like what he had to say when I asked him about balancing my Type 4, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Any recommendations from the local guys? Anywhere from Tacoma to Seattle should work.
sportlicherFahrer
Tim's Aircooled VW in Kent should be able to get you set up. PPAM changed hands a couple years ago. I wouldn't take anything foreign there anymore. Prices jumped, and customer service has suffered.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Aug 14 2019, 06:48 PM) *

Sunday's no good for me. I'll have to pass.

On a side note, I need my 2056 rotating assembly balanced. I was going to take it to Parkland Performance Auto Machine, but I'm reading a lot of bad reviews. He did a good job on my son's 7MGE head, and I like what he had to say when I asked him about balancing my Type 4, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Any recommendations from the local guys? Anywhere from Tacoma to Seattle should work.

Not exactly the Sea/Tac area, but Perpetual Balance in Arlington has done good work for me.
Tbrown4x4
Thanks. That's kind of what I'm reading.
John at Morris racing Engines in Gorst did my machine work, but he can't balance engines and said the VW is inherently balanced. While I agree to some extent, I have NEVER assembled any type of engine without balancing.
I'll call Tim's when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks
Tbrown4x4
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Aug 14 2019, 07:04 PM) *

Not exactly the Sea/Tac area, but Perpetual Balance in Arlington has done good work for me.

I'm not against calling them either. Looks like I'll be on the phone a while tomorrow.

Thanks Guys!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(CHIZ 914 @ Aug 13 2019, 11:04 AM) *

How about Diamond Knot Brewpub in Mountlake Terrace?
Good food and supper close to I-5

https://diamondknot.com/brewbrewpubmlt

we were there a long time ago... beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
Ok Sunday at 11.
sportlicherFahrer
Should be able to make it. 914-less this time though. sad.gif
914werke
Ok ill try to drive mine but my L hand is still healing from surgery wed. sad.gif
Sounds like only 4 of us?
piscean914
hey guys - it's that time of year again for the annual lemay car show and lucky auction - https://www.lemaymarymount.org/42nd-lemay-annual-show

- this will be my 3rd year going, and i highly recommend it to everyone - you can park at the event in your collector car i.e, 914

- this year, i see there are no less than 4 914's for sale at the auction - check the auction list - http://www.luckyoldcar.com/2019-fall-classic/

- there is a ton of real cool car stuff, old timey stuff to check out, and there's food, drinks, etc - i'll be there in my latest project - not a 914 or porsche though

- hope to see you there! brad k
PanelBilly
I came out to LeMay’s. Wife has two of the grandkids today, so this was a much smarter way to spend the day.
rhodyguy
The Hudson Brad?
sixnotfour
:popcorn:auction 914s
piscean914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 31 2019, 11:20 AM) *

The Hudson Brad?

that's what i was in with wife and kids - i met up with billy too - too bad they only have this event once a year - it's a really good time with lots of eclectic stuff!
rhodyguy
Mr LeMay was a man with vision. From a towing company to a major player in refuse hauling. The 3 acres behind us was one of the many parcels of land in Pierce County owned by the LeMay family.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 1 2019, 07:15 AM) *

Mr Lamay was a man with vision. From a towing company to a major player in refuse hauling. The 3 acres behind us was one of the many parcels of land in Pierce County owned by the Lamay family.

Bruce Leven...another ..RIP
Bruce Hinds
I know I've been lingering in the shadows for a lot of years missing being part of the goings ons . . . . Well, the little car laid a big egg today.
Click to view attachment
This first went in 34 years ago and was my daily driver for a long time in the mountains of Colorado and California.
It's been off the road for nearly 10 years . . . Maybe 2020 will be the year the little black beast comes back to life!
Tbrown4x4
Glad you popped in Bruce. It was great talking to you in the Fred Meyer parking lot ( a while ago).
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 5 2019, 01:00 AM) *

Glad you popped in Bruce. It was great talking to you in the Fred Meyer parking lot ( a while ago).

Great to meet you too . . .. I'm here often, just don't get to the other side much to try and catch up with the guys. We had a gathering in Gig Harbor several years ago and I actually had a chance to meet several of the TT crowd. My car wasn't running then either . . .
I should be here more often as this progresses . . .
Bruce Hinds
Now that I have this monster apart, it's time to try and figure where to get some local work done on this side of the water.
Brakes - I'll need to have the calipers redone, teener in the rear and 78 911 SC stuff up front with wheel bearings for and aft.
Trailing arm advice? I'll have a pair for sale depending on which I use. Installed now are the stock units, years ago I purchased a pair of boxed units primed and ready. Not sure I need them since I don't track the car. Opinions?
Clutch - the conversion supposedly used a stock flywheel machined to fit the chevy crank - it's a 200mm diameter with a heavy duty pressure plate. Kennedy engineering that supplied the unit doesn't make them anymore. What I have is still good, but I'd like to know I can get parts.
Does the little place in Gorst do wheel bearings, cv's and brakes?

Bruce
Tbrown4x4
Hi Bruce. I'm not sure if John (Morris Racing Engines) would do the brakes and such, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I can do the brakes, wheel bearings etc, depending on what finish you want on the calipers. You can send the bare calipers to PMB, and he'll plate them for $80 each, I believe. I've been using caliper paint with success over 2000 degree primer.
I would probably use the reinforced trailing arms because of the extra weight and power, regardless of any future abuse. Plus, you already have them.
Is the flywheel stock 6 or stock 4? Might have to look for part numbers or compare with other parts. Have you called Kennedy to see if they can help?

Oh, and I have a pair of front wheel seals for a 6 that may match what you have. I ordered by mistake, and you can have them free.
rhodyguy
Goldline Brake in Port Orchard as a local alternative.
PeeGreen 914
There may be a new 914 coming to the NW piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
What a "New" 914 .. blink.gif drunk.gif happy11.gif
sportlicherFahrer
And you even have a donor car for it!
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 16 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Yes, I talked with John at Goldline, sounds like a great guy.
Thanks,
B
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 16 2019, 08:51 AM) *

Hi Bruce. I'm not sure if John (Morris Racing Engines) would do the brakes and such, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I can do the brakes, wheel bearings etc, depending on what finish you want on the calipers. You can send the bare calipers to PMB, and he'll plate them for $80 each, I believe. I've been using caliper paint with success over 2000 degree primer.
I would probably use the reinforced trailing arms because of the extra weight and power, regardless of any future abuse. Plus, you already have them.
Is the flywheel stock 6 or stock 4? Might have to look for part numbers or compare with other parts. Have you called Kennedy to see if they can help?

Oh, and I have a pair of front wheel seals for a 6 that may match what you have. I ordered by mistake, and you can have them free.

Thanks Tom, may take you up on some of this . . . not sure why I've decided to open up this project now . . . I failed retirement planning, so after 14 years of being my own boss I'm going back to work.

Kennedy can do the clutch which we in doubt last week, so that's good since i'll be putting a bunch in the engine . . .
piscean914
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Sep 20 2019, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 16 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Yes, I talked with John at Goldline, sounds like a great guy.
Thanks,
B

i highly recommend goldline - john has done nice economic work on several of my collector cars and i have referred him to others, who were also very satisfied - no affliation
914werke
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Sep 20 2019, 11:10 AM) *

OK Jon, do tell?
sixnotfour
I bet , he is done with green Porsches....
rhodyguy
unsure.gif dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 20 2019, 12:43 PM) *

OK Jon, do tell?

I'll tell more Monday. beerchug.gif Green car gone off to someone who will appreciate her the way I should have.
Bruce Hinds
Who's got big bucks . . . have you seen the Carrera RS engine on bringatrailer.com?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/porsche-c...rs-type-911-83/

That would be too cool in a teener. piratenanner.gif
Guberif
Leavenworth Oktoberfest!!! is the 18th & 19th bye1.gif
(4 weekends from now)
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif first drive from one shop to the other shop. Haven't had a chance to really enjoy it but I'm loving it.
sportlicherFahrer
wub.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif
abes914
Nicely done
914werke
914 IQ ?
Very nice
Craigers17
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Sep 23 2019, 08:10 PM) *

piratenanner.gif first drive from one shop to the other shop. Haven't had a chance to really enjoy it but I'm loving it.

While I don't know Larmo,....that looks suspiciously like his six???? Surely not?
Tbrown4x4
That's what I thought too.

@Larmo63
PeeGreen 914
He may be driving a very nice 911 now.
sixnotfour
BKNBLK driving.gif
sb914
hide.gif popcorn[1].gif I know things.
PanelBilly
I’m thinking it time for another gathering.

Tag YOU’RE IT.
sportlicherFahrer
hide.gif
PlaysWithCars

I heard rumors at the last autocross. Are you going to be able to come and play with me in GT1 next season? Would be lots of fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.