Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
sixnotfour
the "fast eddie" who Had the white 2.0 914 , Sold it a couple of years ago...

rhodyguy
Martin baker's white 4. Eddie struggled with the car.
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 23 2016, 08:22 AM) *

no the one with a hole in his hood and 200mph tape and hood pins biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 23 2016, 11:45 AM) *

thats crazy eddie914 that drives 200 miles one way on track tires with full cage gutted car to marryhill hill climb!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(messix @ Nov 23 2016, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 23 2016, 11:45 AM) *

thats crazy eddie914 that drives 200 miles one way on track tires with full cage gutted car to marryhill hill climb!

The guy on the left, that's my buddy,, driving.gif

ya the white 914. a shop in Ballard got a lot of $$, sorta a sad story....drive on..
rhodyguy
HWY 410 2008.
PanelBilly
Today (Saturday) the local PCA is competing with the mini club at Overlake Christian Center in Redmond at 11:00. It a food drive that the Porsche. Club has won for years. Since it's not raining, there should be a big crowd. Come join the fun.
mountainroads
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 3 2016, 07:33 AM) *

Today (Saturday) the local PCA is competing with the mini club at Overlake Christian Center in Redmond at 11:00. It a food drive that the Porsche. Club has won for years. Since it's not raining, there should be a big crowd. Come join the fun.

Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I could. This is a busy time of year commitment-wise.

- MR
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
JimN73
chowtime.gif chowtime.gif How about a holiday breakfast, Sunday looks dry, and I should have my heater fixed.

Tey have a good sized parking lot and lots of street parking. Meet at 9:14

http://www.ehouse9.com/
PanelBilly
I'm in
rhodyguy
I'll try to show up. Could be busy at the E9. Parking might be difficult.
JimN73
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 16 2016, 10:51 AM) *

I'll try to show up. Could be busy at the E9. Parking might be difficult.

Hopefully not a priblem, They open at 9. Usually plenty of parking til 10.
KELTY360
Won't work for me; my dance card is full. Happy Holidays santa_smiley.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 16 2016, 12:15 PM) *

I didn't know you were a dancer. You need to post a video
6freak
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 16 2016, 12:19 PM) *

NO YOU DONT lol-2.gif seeya at breakfast! to much salt and sand on the road to drive Reba but its been since WCR I drove her so ya never know
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 16 2016, 12:19 PM) *

monkeydance.gif

Don't hate me just 'cause I've got the moves. smoke.gif
Rand
laugh.gif Miss you dang miscreants from the PNW.
rhodyguy
Jim, You might consider a breakfast thread on it's own. you'll love the heat if you get the boxes hooked up.
JimN73
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 16 2016, 04:14 PM) *

Jim, You might consider a breakfast thread on it's own. you'll love the heat if you get the boxes hooked up.

Worth a try, I figured most people would subscribe to the thread and be notifed.
sixnotfour
https://livestream.com/solutions/conferences
you/we can all sit by our 914's all warm and cozy, like a Christmas story on the Hallmark channel ... popcorn[1].gif
PanelBilly
Nothing car related, but I'd like to invite you all to join Julie and I for dinner on February 10th in Seattle. The event is a fundraiser for a non profit that we support. There will be a buffet dinner and lots of wine (not the cheep stuff!). We will be celebrating valentines that night and avoiding the crowds on the 14th. Tickets are $150/ couple and there's an auction too. This won't be a cheep date night.

Where does the $ go? We'll we buy food in bulk (semi loads) and donate it to Northwest harvest for distribution. Just last month we passed the 200 MILLION pound mark.

I know this isn't everybodies thing, but if you're interested in more information , let me know.
mountainroads
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 24 2017, 12:48 PM) *

Nothing car related, but I'd like to invite you all to join Julie and I for dinner on February 10th in Seattle. The event is a fundraiser for a non profit that we support. There will be a buffet dinner and lots of wine (not the cheep stuff!). We will be celebrating valentines that night and avoiding the crowds on the 14th. Tickets are $150/ couple and there's an auction too. This won't be a cheep date night.

Where does the $ go? We'll we buy food in bulk (semi loads) and donate it to Northwest harvest for distribution. Just last month we passed the 200 MILLION pound mark.

I know this isn't everybodies thing, but if you're interested in more information , let me know.

Thanks for the invite. It's a good cause. Unfortunately, leaving that eve for a prior out-of-town commitment.

- MR
PanelBilly
Snow day! Who else gets to play cars at home because of a little snow?
bradtho
not me, borrowed my wife's car to get to work. before the paint job I would have just driven the teener, but not worth risking it with seattle's inexperienced snow drivers.
mountainroads
Not I sad.gif. I work in healthcare. My "office" never closes. Ever.

- MR
Daiberl
Working from home but that means I can go into my shop 1 hour earlier to clean parts sad.gif Need some motivation!
KELTY360
Don't want to try the hill down to the main road so I'm here for the day. Tryin to figure out why I can't the p/s system to bleed on my Westy. Got to get it off the lift so I can get the 914 on.
rhodyguy
Our area, Summit, was one of those that got slammed. The 'convergence zone' was pretty well centered on us. I have 10-12" on the property. No plowing for the street and it's going to freeze solid. The tire ridges are tall. We won't be able to leave the property til it melts off. Snow is so homey and beautiful...for about 1 hour. Then it's just white shit.
messix
snow day??? those are the days that i really have to go to work and wished that every one else would just stay home and out of the way.
6freak
Click to view attachment

yes work has interesting the last few day
6freak
Click to view attachment
lots of seat time and the pay is good smile.gif

and yes thats the first ever power plant in Seattle 1906
bradtho
of course you would drive a truck that says "BIGG NASTY 1" on the front!
6freak
QUOTE(bradtho @ Feb 7 2017, 02:58 PM) *

of course you would drive a truck that says "BIGG NASTY 1" on the front!

lol-2.gif to funny i never noticed that
bradtho
is the 6freak selling the 6?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5994735396.html

I'm tempted to respond to the ad given the $90 price listed, but I know how these things go and I don't think I can afford another one!
Eddie914
Just add three zeros!
rhodyguy
Oh boy dry.gif mike is going to love the douchebag phone calls, the no shows, tire kicking strangers on his property checking everything out. Nothing I'd be looking forward to. Good luck with the sale.
6freak
I fixed the price! that should keep most away! first to user blues hahaha ...and no one will be at my house until they buy the car ..ill drive it to them if local of course and if their flying into to see it Id say there pretty serious and legit and would even pick them up at seatac
id like someone local to buy it so i can still see the car on occasion..but not a must
smile.gif

pete-stevers
Its to bad you are selling... will you buy a Miata to cure your need for speed? happy11.gif
6freak
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Feb 9 2017, 02:52 PM) *

Its to bad you are selling... will you buy a Miata to cure your need for speed? happy11.gif

Just time to move on Steve and an older ZO-6 wub.gif will cure any need for speed or maybe a wide body conversion I can take out and thrash
or boost the 401K! get n close to retirement ya know so gotta start thinking about it

smile.gif
pete-stevers
Are you still going to come up here and help me strip my burnt teener when the time comes for it... a PNW work party in Canuckland??
6freak
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Feb 9 2017, 08:44 PM) *

Are you still going to come up here and help me strip my burnt teener when the time comes for it... a PNW work party in Canuckland??

sure will! smile.gif
bradtho
I completely understand Mike, there's a ton of interesting cars out there, but when they get too rare it starts to decrease your enjoyment because you're too worried about stuff. that's why my 1.7 914 is a great choice for me. I feel no guilt modifying it and ultimately its way more valuable to me than it would be to anyone else.

good luck with the sale.
a914622
Hey does anyone know of a teener in machias? Just east out of lake Stevens . Looks like a 74 from the road. It's under a costco garage. ??

Before I knock on the door I figured I would ask here.

Jeff
6freak
QUOTE(bradtho @ Feb 10 2017, 02:35 PM) *

I completely understand Mike, there's a ton of interesting cars out there, but when they get too rare it starts to decrease your enjoyment because you're too worried about stuff. that's why my 1.7 914 is a great choice for me. I feel no guilt modifying it and ultimately its way more valuable to me than it would be to anyone else.

good luck with the sale.

who knows maybe ill find a fat bottom girl to play with, something I can beat on and drive more smile.gif
914work
@Jeff, If I am correct the gents name is Robin and it is a recently restored Bumble bee.
I helped him install the front glass last summer.
He told me he intended on selling it, but again IIRC he works for the WA State Ferry service & has a tough schedule so perhaps he hadn't found the time.
a914622
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 13 2017, 07:22 AM) *

@Jeff, If I am correct the gents name is Robin and it is a recently restored Bumble bee.
I helped him install the front glass last summer.
He told me he intended on selling it, but again IIRC he work for the WA State Ferry service & has a tough schedule so perhaps he hadn't found the time.

Yep that's the one. Thanks for the info. It should be stored better. Next time I'm by I will knock on the door.
PanelBilly
There's a car event going on at the Puyallup Fairgrounds this weekend. Vendor with stuff. Only $5. I'm going Saturday. Anyone want to walk around with me?
bradtho
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 16 2017, 06:52 PM) *

There's a car event going on at the Puyallup Fairgrounds this weekend. Vendor with stuff. Only $5. I'm going Saturday. Anyone want to walk around with me?

I was going to ask for a link to the event to see, but then remembered I'm on call this weekend, so I'm out.

I signed up for this, http://pnwr.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&am...;item_id=594522. One of the collections is the local guy w/ the GTO. should be fun. I don't think you have to be a member to go.
JimN73
[quote name='PanelBilly' date='Feb 16 2017, 06:52 PM' post='2455335']
[/quot

Sure. Old stuff is always fun. I see that it was originally the Model A or T swapmeet and is now open to other old American cars.

When and where?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.