Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
scallyk9
Sounds good. I think I know another person who might be interested.
PanelBilly
Tomorrow is Porsche day at the Shop. I'm not sure if were suppose to gather or just sit in our cars?? It starts at 10. I might take a drive out there. Also I'm thinking about taking 410 out to Mt Rainier on Sunday morning. Just drive out to where it meets up with 12 and then head back. Anyone want to join me?
sportlicherFahrer
Might be in for a drive Sunday, but 914-less.

A heads up for those familiar with the fun curves near La Grande: they put a stop sign in and made a one lane section where there was a landslide this last winter, along with dropping the speed to 25mph for the whole stretch. It is still fun, but don't let the stop sneak up on you. Might want to let Jim know @panelbilly . I know he's still anticipating a PCA drive through there.
PanelBilly
That would be Billy Ruf
Bleyseng
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 17 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Tomorrow is Porsche day at the Shop. I'm not sure if were suppose to gather or just sit in our cars?? It starts at 10. I might take a drive out there. Also I'm thinking about taking 410 out to Mt Rainier on Sunday morning. Just drive out to where it meets up with 12 and then head back. Anyone want to join me?

Oh geez, drive to the top at Sunrise and then come down with all those curves!! What a trip if there isn't a bunch of RV's going 10 mph.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 18 2020, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 17 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Oh geez, drive to the top at Sunrise and then come down with all those curves!! What a trip if there isn't a bunch of RV's going 10 mph.

yup peeps in Utah..RVs are limited at state parks...everyone trying to escape...
PanelBilly
No RV all the way there or back. Saw a few when we stopped to eat lunch. LOTS of motorcycles. Roads were great. I was following a Maclaren for a while until he decided to pass a line of cars in down town Black Diamond.
Root_Werks
Drove the 914-6 around Saturday, had to head home that evening.
PanelBilly
The last two Sundays have been spent in the 914. I'm planning to take the car out again this weekend and thought I'd invite the crowd, I have a route from Tacoma to Longview that looked like fun. James joined a group that did this route a few weeks ago, but my foot was hurting and I couldn't go with them,

Anyone care to join me?
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds fun Billy. You and whoever joins will enjoy it. We'll be up in the mountains camping.
PanelBilly
We have a parade of two so far. Todd and I will be leaving Griot's in Tacoma at 8:30 on Sunday. Come join us.
tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 30 2020, 08:41 AM) *

We have a parade of two so far. Todd and I will be leaving Griot's in Tacoma at 8:30 on Sunday. Come join us.

I need to check a couple of things but I'd like to join!
I may not do the full drive down to Longview though. I'm down in Olympia so I may peel off at some point.
Will get in touch
-Rob
Daiberl
Not in Seattle at the moment, else I would have joined. Will be back 8/10 and would love to meet then.
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment

See you guys there aktion035.gif -Rob
rhodyguy
Those wheels and caps look great. Your car cleaned up nicely.

Now, about those ladders hung on the wall infront of the 914...
Tbrown4x4
Nice. Two cars with steelies! Should be a fun drive.

Your car looks great Rob.
rhodyguy
Is the route the road that sort of parallels I-5? On the east side of I-5. Al Blose and I did about 40 miles of it years ago. There was a lot of shifting and braking involved.
Tbrown4x4
Shifting? Check. Braking? Check. I was hoping there might be some turning.........

Just bumping to the top in case anyone missed this.
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment

Great to meet up with everyone today!
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment
914werke
Sorry I had a wedding today (not mine)
PanelBilly
Not many intersections, so the braking was only necessary for the corners. My friend Jim in the Caymen knew the route better than I did and made my day by taking over the lead. Not an easy car to keep up with!
The trip back on the highway was nasty. I kept thinking about adding AC while we sat in traffic
sportlicherFahrer
When we came back from that tour, we took Headquarters to 504, then on up to 508 over to Morton to come back to HWY 7 by way of Elbe. Only 3 of us for the return trip. Much easier to leapfrog... driving.gif

Speaking of 7. The section that I warned about before in La Grande has been repaired and is back to two lanes. No stop sign. Still 25 mph limit. happy11.gif

Looks like you all had a blast!
PanelBilly
Its time to plan another outing, but I've changed the activity from a tour to a meet. Next Saturday at 5:00, lets meet at Piketon's in Kent. Its got a huge empty parking lot next to it and there's great food either take out and stand around your car or there's an outside patio. It's Mexican food, but they have fantastic grilled ribs and chicken. Since its in the parking lot, you don't even need to buy something. Address is 19611 84th Ave S. You'll know you're close when you smell the wood fired BBQ grills.
PanelBilly
Bump for my edited message
Tbrown4x4
I think I have to work that weekend. I'll probably miss it, but thanks for planning these get togethers. I'll make another one soon.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Checked with Piketon today and they're ready for this Saturday. If we get a large crowd, they'll pull out extra tables in the parking lot so we can hang out and "stay distant"
The weather doesn't get any better. Hot August Nights here in the PNW.
messix
sorry guys. i have reconnected with my 4 wheeling side and have been building a new project.
messix
and it all started from this
Tbrown4x4
Nice. My wife has a 2000 TJ I'll be fixing up for her at some point. I was all about early Broncos. I had the only non-Jeep in the 4WD club.

Just got out from under the 914. Accidentally caught the shift rod with the floor jack and it got stuck in 1st gear. No neutral, and if I tried to shift it into first or reverse, it was locked up. I had to pull the shift console out and move the selector forks back in line. Now I wait for a seal, o-ring and bronze bushing from Rich.
PanelBilly
I'm doing another meet up at Piketon's again. This time its Saturday night at 6:00. You don't need to buy dinner, just come and shoot the breeze in the parking lot. I'm bringing my lawn chair this time
scallyk9
Great! Come on out folks! Great excuse for a drive. It was fun.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 21 2020, 11:32 PM) *

I had a 2004 Patriot Blue Rubicon exactly like that. LOVED it! Michelle has a 2004 TJ that is in amazing shape. She's had that for....6 years now?

I need to get the 914 out for one of these weekend gatherings. We're still building a house so weekends are pretty tied up. Happy I got another 914, but it'll probably be next summer before I put any real miles on it.
rhodyguy
People coming from south of Tacoma or coming over the bridge need to be aware of I-5 closures thru Tacoma in both directions this coming weekend. Plan accordingly. At best plan on congestion. It sucks 80% of the time even on 'good' days. It might impact your plans. 512 and Pacific Highway E will be packed full both directions during the closures.
scallyk9
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 26 2020, 08:08 AM) *

People coming from south of Tacoma or coming over the bridge need to be aware of I-5 closures thru Tacoma in both directions this coming weekend. Plan accordingly. At best plan on congestion. It sucks 80% of the time even on 'good' days. It might impact your plans. 512 and Pacific Highway E will be packed full both directions during the closures.

Thanks for the warning. A look at the WSDOT website says that both lanes of I-5 will be closed from 11 PM to 8 AM on both Friday and Saturday nights for the installation of 220' 10 "giant" girders for an overpass (among the largest built to date, it says). Should be quite an undertaking. Now if they would just straighten all the curves they added to get through Tacoma!
Jett
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 21 2020, 11:26 PM) *

sorry guys. i have reconnected with my 4 wheeling side and have been building a new project.

Time to enter the Baja... looks like a class 10 truck (sorta) behind yours. smile.gif

Nothing like going off ~ 6’ jumps without know what’s on the other side ... for 26 hours smile.gif
PanelBilly
Bump me to the first page.... Come on out tonight. Weather is great for aircooled and you can handle the traffic.
Jett
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 29 2020, 07:38 AM) *

Bump me to the first page.... Come on out tonight. Weather is great for aircooled and you can handle the traffic.

Good idea, turns out I have eaten at Piketon many times but did not pay attention to the name... I spend a lot of time in that warehouse district.... Great food!
messix
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 27 2020, 06:37 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Aug 21 2020, 11:26 PM) *

Time to enter the Baja... looks like a class 10 truck (sorta) behind yours. smile.gif

Nothing like going off ~ 6’ jumps without know what’s on the other side ... for 26 hours smile.gif

that is my buddies rock rig, it started as a pile of tubing on his shop floor.

the only things he didn't fab him self were the wheels, steering wheel, tires and engine.

he's a bit talented.
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 26 2020, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Aug 21 2020, 11:32 PM) *

I had a 2004 Patriot Blue Rubicon exactly like that. LOVED it! Michelle has a 2004 TJ that is in amazing shape. She's had that for....6 years now?

I need to get the 914 out for one of these weekend gatherings. We're still building a house so weekends are pretty tied up. Happy I got another 914, but it'll probably be next summer before I put any real miles on it.

it might be the same rubi. this one is a 2004 patriot blue rubi also.
Bleyseng
Made it down to Kent and it was fun to see some of the 914 guys and hangout talking/BS. Loved the 75 1.8L that is a preserved time capsule. I didn't stay to eat but I hope the food was good.
scallyk9
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 30 2020, 07:42 AM) *

Made it down to Kent and it was fun to see some of the 914 guys and hangout talking/BS. Loved the 75 1.8L that is a preserved time capsule. I didn't stay to eat but I hope the food was good.

Nice meeting you last evening. I see you have a Westy. I wish I still had my older one. My wife and I moved from PA to WA in it 44 years ago and although the distributor would no longer advance from Cody, Wyoming, it still got us to Seattle at a max speed of about 42 MPH. Fond memories of that Westy.
Tbrown4x4
Sorry I missed the chance to hang with you guys. Maybe next time. I stilll need to put my shift console back in the trans.
rjames
My car seems to be running ok again. Sorry I couldn’t make this meetup, hopefully another one will happen that I can attend before the weather turns.
PanelBilly
I’m already starting to check my calendar and watch for the weather. They have a nice parking lot that we can use and it’s not far from 167 and I5.
914werke
agree.gif was looking forward to visiting but w/o a functioning shift hand Im sidelined for a while dry.gif
rjames
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 31 2020, 12:40 PM) *

agree.gif was looking forward to visiting but w/o a functioning shift hand Im sidelined for a while dry.gif

Did I miss a post? What happened to your hand?
914werke
Carple tunnel release surgery. 2nd one. R. hand
Busy teaching myself how to wipe my ass with the L. rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
Awkward task. I learned when my right shoulder impingement needed surgery. 2 words. Baby Wipes.
rjames
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 31 2020, 01:35 PM) *

Carple tunnel release surgery. 2nd one. R. hand
Busy teaching myself how to wipe my ass with the L. rolleyes.gif

yikes. Hope you have a full & speedy recovery!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.