Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
sixnotfour
Chris has a 73 2.0 , way better shape. Whats you budget ?
It is green, top side and bottom side.
sportlicherFahrer
It kind of depends, but I think by the time I get back I could be looking into the $6-7K range. That one in KS does look kind of iffy, but if that rust is superficial I thought the rest of it wasnt that bad. I still have access to a lot of good parts for the interior and what not. This guy is a bit a 356 collector and has been straight up about any issues the car has.

On a side note, I did think that it was kinda odd to see that particular plate without all 3 bolts in it.
Tom
Jim,
If you are looking for a solid 914, I may be selling mine come spring. 76 2.0, lots of extras. Dan of root werks did some work on it for me and he could tell you how nice of shape it is in. It does need rubber seals and paint. Otherwise is in pretty good shape. No major rust!! Hell hole, longs in great shape. Looking for $7500.
Sending PM,
Tom
sportlicherFahrer
Got your PM Tom. Sending email. Jeff, which Chris? And do you have more info on that car? I want to make sure I get a good one this time, but still be able to afford seeing my family for a couple weeks. lol Also, once I get back to KS I will be looking into some light AX. Not enough mountain roads for a good drive...
914werke
Yikes! Like Jeff I think thats a project, if your after a project get yourself back to the PNW 1st... I have several to pick from welder.gif
sportlicherFahrer
It will be interesting to see when I get back. That car is going to get a really good look over. I kinda got screwed on my last one that I had. If he is scared of the screwdriver check, I'm walkin....
sixnotfour
chris that bought the pumkin efutou101 or what ever .
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=3914

another 914 that is in kansas is jon von bovy's broinlaw has the pumkin with a six and just got married and that usaully = forsale
sportlicherFahrer
Thanks Jeff. Sent Chris a PM. And I would LOVE to have a car like Jon's, but I have a feeling its a bit too much for me to pic up. lol
sixnotfour
not jons his broinlaws , that was thepumkin ,chris rebuilt and now belongs to him
sportlicherFahrer
I see.....Would love to pick up a six, but that would take a whole lot of right place right time kinda magic at this point! I have eyed the '72 a couple times.
jcambo7
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 22 2011, 04:09 PM) *

chris that bought the pumkin efutou101 or what ever .
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=3914

another 914 that is in kansas is jon von bovy's broinlaw has the pumkin with a six and just got married and that usaully = forsale

You got no faith in me Jeff! poke.gif The car is not going to be sold and the car is paid for except in upgrade parts. So no reason to ever sell. I plan on keeping this car until I die and hopefully passing it down to children if I have any. I'm not in Kansas either. Oklahoma and I will be moving on the 1st of February to Lakewood, WA. The car is Chris' (effutuo101) old car also.
sixnotfour
James , just checking .
Some of the best cars I have bought and had to sell was because of the significant other.
I cant wait to see the pumkin again.
PeeGreen 914
If it wasn't for the real estate market tanking I would have never sold mine. Tierra really didn't want me to sell it but I know there will be others. Once I get my PeeGreen back on the road I'm looking forward to starting my 1.8 build piratenanner.gif

Can't wait to do a few upgrades to James car and AX it driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 23 2011, 11:10 AM) *

James , just checking .
Some of the best cars I have bought and had to sell was because of the significant other.
I cant wait to see the pumkin again.

I can't wait to get it running again and start AXing! I really miss driving it. And Jon, I can't wait to start learning from you on driving and AXing. Upgrades will come as finances become available.
Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 23 2011, 03:43 PM) *

If it wasn't for the real estate market tanking I would have never sold mine. Tierra really didn't want me to sell it but I know there will be others. Once I get my PeeGreen back on the road I'm looking forward to starting my 1.8 build piratenanner.gif

Can't wait to do a few upgrades to James car and AX it driving.gif

What's with the 1.8 build?
PeeGreen 914
SCCA G prepared beerchug.gif

I have a shell to work with and a spare motor. I just need to get to work on it but haven't had time.
Bleyseng
ah so........
Mr.242
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jan 23 2011, 03:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Put some peanut oil on that front bumper rubber and watch it turn pretty!

It will go on greasy, but the rubber will absorb it nicely...couple days later, repeat!

I didn't believe it would work until an old Porsche owner told me about it; mine was in horrible shape. So figured what the heck and did it.

beerchug.gif

Looks great now!
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you to the guys with cars for sale that PM'd me. With some help from Jeff, I found the one I will be picking up when I get stateside. Now we just need to work out some BBQ details! SHOULD be in town starting around the 22nd of March or so. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 1 2011, 10:41 PM) *

Thank you to the guys with cars for sale that PM'd me. With some help from Jeff, I found the one I will be picking up when I get stateside. Now we just need to work out some BBQ details! SHOULD be in town starting around the 22nd of March or so. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

There is never a shortage of 914's for sale. (no I didn't sell mine)

wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jan 24 2011, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jan 23 2011, 03:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Put some peanut oil on that front bumper rubber and watch it turn pretty!

It will go on greasy, but the rubber will absorb it nicely...couple days later, repeat!

I didn't believe it would work until an old Porsche owner told me about it; mine was in horrible shape. So figured what the heck and did it.

beerchug.gif

Looks great now!

I have been meaning to do something about the bumper but I haven't had time to. headbang.gif
KELTY360
[quote name='jcambo7' date='Feb 2 2011, 09:33 PM' post='1426389']
[/quote]
I have been meaning to do something about the bumper but I haven't had time to. headbang.gif
[/quote]

You too can become a citizen of Procrasta.nation.

We'll have a flag....as soon as we get around to designing it, and an anthem, and a state bird, and a.......no wonder I haven't got the wire on my horn fixed yet.....
Root_Werks
I'm looking out at sunshine, any locals up for anything tonight?

My 914 is still up in Mt Vermon, but I have the Monster Square.

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
I can't for the next few weeks. I am doing P90x and HAVE to be consistent with it. There is an AX this Saturday in Bremerton though piratenanner.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 8 2011, 11:12 AM) *

I'm looking out at sunshine, any locals up for anything tonight?

My 914 is still up in Mt Vermon, but I have the Monster Square.

driving.gif

Are you sure it's not spelled Mt. Vermin? shades.gif

I'll be over in Pt. Townsend tonight so, not available. We'll have to do something soon though; I've got a new lift to show off. happy11.gif
Root_Werks
No biggie, we'll bag it for this week.

Marc, it'd be pretty cool to gather at your place, BBQ up some meat and check out the new lift.

chowtime.gif

PS - I'm at work, type fast and don't spell check.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 8 2011, 11:59 AM) *

No biggie, we'll bag it for this week.

Marc, it'd be pretty cool to gather at your place, BBQ up some meat and check out the new lift.

chowtime.gif

PS - I'm at work, type fast and don't spell check.

jsharp.gif Now why didn't I think of that? headbang.gif Yes, soon...sometime when we have at least a 50/50 chance of dry weather. Do you think we could install a front sway bar in a day? How about brakes?
Mr.242
I was working on mine today....made me feel all funny inside.

As I drove back toward Covington I saw a baby blue 914 and threw the 'jackstand wave' and got no response. bs.gif

Not one of us? I was crackin up as I was waving, maybe the sun was in his eyes.

I want meat and a lift....few more weeks, eh?
pete-stevers
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 2 2011, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 1 2011, 10:41 PM) *

There is never a shortage of 914's for sale. (no I didn't sell mine)

wink.gif

Well Dan...up here in bc...there are almost none marketable
sportlicherFahrer
Hey guys, just checked out the IRDC site. Anyone be able to do a fun lap day on Friday the 25th of March at Bremerton? Would LOVE to get together with some of the guys at the track while I'm home. Figured if we plan this far ahead, we might be able to get a decent turn out in Bremerton. We can even do a small cook out or something in the pits if the weather cooperates for a good track day.
jcambo7
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 8 2011, 11:42 PM) *

Hey guys, just checked out the IRDC site. Anyone be able to do a fun lap day on Friday the 25th of March at Bremerton? Would LOVE to get together with some of the guys at the track while I'm home. Figured if we plan this far ahead, we might be able to get a decent turn out in Bremerton. We can even do a small cook out or something in the pits if the weather cooperates for a good track day.

That would be awesome. I would definitely be there if my car is running by than and if I have the time!
Eddie914
See you there! I have made both the spring and fall IRDC lapping days for about three years ... or more. Great Fun ...

IPB Image

especially if the weather cooperates.

Cheers

Eddie
sportlicherFahrer
James, I can lend a hand if we both aren't too busy if you need any help then.

Eddie, I still remember the ride I got in your car in 2006 on lap day. Awesome!
sixnotfour
Jon and Mr C watch for a new guy at the skills day, (he owns a powder coating shop). John's his name a reddish 75 911 is his ride.
Go easy on him, front wheel bearing are a bit loose. but I fixed the fuel leak so it doesnt catch fire.
Have Fun.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 9 2011, 05:00 AM) *

Jon and Mr C watch for a new guy at the skills day, (he owns a powder coating shop). John's his name a reddish 75 911 is his ride.
Go easy on him, front wheel bearing are a bit loose. but I fixed the fuel leak so it doesnt catch fire.
Have Fun.

Do cars still have to pass the tech inspection? I can remember years back doing tons of those in March and April. Loose or ill-adjusted bearings would have been a "fail to attend event". Too much liability to pass something like that.
sad.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 9 2011, 01:32 AM) *

James, I can lend a hand if we both aren't too busy if you need any help then.

Eddie, I still remember the ride I got in your car in 2006 on lap day. Awesome!

Well hopefully Jeff will be available to help me out since he is the one who built the engine. But if you want to the more the merrier!
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jeff,

I will keep an eye out for him but the skills day people keep to the other end of the track to avoid the crazy autocross folk happy11.gif I will try to remember though. I go talk to everyone...as you know blink.gif

Root, yes, but with autocrosses if you drove your car there it should be in fine shape. If you have a wheel bearing with a little slop that should be fine but too much and they will ask you to fix it or not run. Many of the people there will offer you their ride if that ever happens.... if they know you.
grambo
I thought autocross was for people with cars that can't pass tech inspection at the track.
:runs for cover:
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(grambo @ Feb 9 2011, 09:57 AM) *

I thought autocross was for people with cars that can't pass tech inspection at the track.
:runs for cover:

blink.gif You don't want to take a car out on an AX course that isn't sound. The forces you put on the car could easily snap something.

Now the big track is a different story. Big track can kill your engine or other parts simply because of the speeds and dramatic change.

Either way, you want a reliable car for both poke.gif
sixnotfour
Dan your thinking of the madatory pre track event inspection.
Like Jon said they will advise him to tighten before next time.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 9 2011, 11:49 AM) *

Dan your thinking of the madatory pre track event inspection.
Like Jon said they will advise him to tighten before next time.

....and you don't need those for autocross smile.gif

(although I'd hope you did one yourself)
Root_Werks
Ah, kinda remember....it's been 9-10 years. It was the track days that really required it back then if I remember correctly. Skills Days were more a quick check at the gate, throttle return spring, tire tread etc. Then off you went to play.

There use to be three track day groups, green, yellow and red. I had worked my way up to the yellow group at one point. Fun stuff, just well beyond my buget for fees and cost of repairing or maint of the car driven these days.

driving.gif

Somewhere I have a picture from 1994 or 1995 in my 1974 914-6 2.2E MFI I built kicking the but of a couple of 911's when it was still SIR. It's a really good shot of my little silver 914 passing both 911's on the inside of the corner right before the drag strip straight.

biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
AX is only $25 dollars and the car wear and tear is minimal poke.gif
messix
Maybe i'll bring the jellybean down and spank some porsche's
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 9 2011, 04:00 PM) *

I don't think they allow those for fear of ... I don't know what... something... chair.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 9 2011, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Feb 9 2011, 04:00 PM) *

I don't think they allow those for fear of ... I don't know what... something... chair.gif

I think they're like Tribbles, and nobody wants that at a race track. slap.gif
sixnotfour

why dont you stay home and fix you Porsche.
messix
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 9 2011, 05:03 PM) *

why dont you stay home and fix you Porsche.

why don't i!?!?

Root_Werks
For $25 I'm bringing this and running a striaght line as fast as I can right through all the cones.

driving.gif happy11.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.