Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Rocky
[quote name='sportlicherFahrer' date='Apr 2 2022, 01:27 PM' post='2992664']
Saw a 914 at Griot's this morning. Turns out it's Rocky's old car from Gig Harbor that went to Hawaii and back. Sounds like it will be listed soon at Premium Motors in Tacoma. The owner(?) at the dealer just bought it a week ago. Very nice Nepal Orange '75 1.8 that I was too busy drooling over to bother taking pictures.

Yup that my girl. Sold it to a lady that had one in her youth and she lived on Kauai. Shipped it there and then she ends up moving to Gig Harbor, of all places, a year later. Crazy world! I guess she passed away recently and her husband was not a car guy so he sold it to that dealer. Apparently James Young who is a member purchased it. Glad its in good hands. Miss her all the time.
rhodyguy
Jim, you bought the car?
sportlicherFahrer
@rhodyguy It was too clean to pass up! Mainly meant to be my wife's car, but it has definitely taken some pressure off the engine rebuild for my car. Kinda funny how my first was a '75 Nepal Orange 1.8(repainted to Signal Yellow) and now hers is, too. Love the orange so much more than the yellow!

Hopefully will have mine back together for WCR so we can bring both down! I'm still tempted to take the slow route down the coast instead of doing a convoy on the interstate.

@Rocky I'll keep in touch with you. Get a ton of comments on how great the car looks. A group of people are trying to resurrect a Gig Harbor cars and coffee meet. Would be cool to meet up and talk about some of the details on the car.
sportlicherFahrer
piratenanner.gif Event Alert piratenanner.gif

PNWR is having a Porsche day at Black Raven Brewing in Woodinville on Sunday June 26th at noon.

15902 Woodinville-Redmond Rd NE
Woodinville, WA 98072

I plan on being there. Anyone else? Meet somewhere beforehand and arrive as a group? Usually a pretty big showing with some cool rarities thrown in.
CHIZ 914
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 6 2022, 02:30 PM) *

PNWR is having a Porsche day at Black Raven Brewing in Woodinville on Sunday June 26th at noon.

Woodinville, WA 98072

I plan on being there. Anyone else? Meet somewhere beforehand and arrive as a group? Usually a pretty big showing with some cool rarities thrown in.

And piratenanner.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 6 2022, 09:12 AM) *

@rhodyguy It was too clean to pass up! Mainly meant to be my wife's car, but it has definitely taken some pressure off the engine rebuild for my car. Kinda funny how my first was a '75 Nepal Orange 1.8(repainted to Signal Yellow) and now hers is, too. Love the orange so much more than the yellow!

Hopefully will have mine back together for WCR so we can bring both down! I'm still tempted to take the slow route down the coast instead of doing a convoy on the interstate.

@Rocky I'll keep in touch with you. Get a ton of comments on how great the car looks. A group of people are trying to resurrect a Gig Harbor cars and coffee meet. Would be cool to meet up and talk about some of the details on the car.

Absolutely!
piscean914
QUOTE(98101 @ May 15 2022, 04:17 PM) *

How do you guys feel about driving your 914s in the rain? . . .
Is anyone else doing this? I rarely see 914s on the road even on nice days.

lots of rain driving in my 914 and all other of my collector cars (when running) - also, lots of rain days at area tracks, with many wet driver skills days prior

- it's very helpful to discover where your 914 loses traction in the wet under controlled circumstances, to hopefully prevent problems when driving in traffic in the rain

image below from alfa club day a few years back in deluge - the bmw's are much faster, but their drivers didn't like the rain!

Click to view attachment
piscean914
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 3 2022, 09:53 AM) *

Roll call for all of those traveling to WCR2022 smile.gif
Lets figure out whos leaving, when, from where, so as to assemble a caravan
...if desired. aktion035.gif

thanks rich - is there another thread for the seattle area caravan? please let me know where info will be posted - thanks again for all of your help and support for these 914's!

i'm able to attend, at least thursday through saturday - my default route down, if solo, is I-5S->grants pass->199S->197N->101N->event, and my default route back, again if solo, will be 101N->38E->I5N - it's about 510 miles both ways, and probably 8 hrs at a quick pace, no traffic, not including stops - (much more time w slow RV's, accidents, potential fires, etc)

- a few weeks ago, i completed a 3200 miles trip for an event in my early 911 from WA->OR->CA->NV->UT->CO->UT->ID->OR->WA

- since 1991, i've routinely driven in OR, but first time since covid era - i was amazed at how fast OR folks were driving in OR, how few cops were around, and some OR drivers actually pulled over to let folks by

- at first, not comfortable much more than 7 over, due to past experiences in OR - by end of the trip, folks were routinely driving super fast (100+mph) in all of these states, except for many WA drivers in the fast lanes, again and again - local drivers looked like they would push them off the road

- my 846 mile leg back from salt lake city to seattle was 11 hrs, w/o stops, and most of that time was not in the passing lane - that's with 80 mph speed limits in UT and ID

- hopefully the drive down and back for this WCC won't be a slog - i've driven the highway 199 section several times, but pre covid, and i remember that to be a really nice run

thanks again
rhodyguy
99 goes down the gorge for the Smith River. Incredible piece of road. Beware the blind corners. Large square rocks on the road and radar. It's way fun even at normal speeds. The motor home ahead of you will be going about 15mph on the way up the hill on the way home.
piscean914
right on kevin - i was in that area years back too close to a porsche in front of me and at speed - the guy in front avoided a large square rock in the rock - too late for me, and i cracked my steering rack in the early 911 - not a trip ender, but i keep back a bit since - and i don't swerve for objects unless it's a person or something that will kill me - i know an early 911 guy who just had a horrible accident (he was fine) due to a high speed swerve to avoid 20 lb wildlife on road, which led in a roll end over end - on these types of roads, i always say, "don't drive faster than you can see!"
rhodyguy
That road has sections that are either sheer rock cliff on one side and a long drop to the river on the other. No barriers, reflective signs. Suggested speeds that are ingnored.
sportlicherFahrer
Starting to put together a tentative route south. Leaving on the 20th with an overnight stop in Lincoln city. Thinking Griot's in Tacoma(leaving 9am-ish)-Kalama Lodge(lunch)-Tillamook(snack stop at the creamery)-Lincoln City for day one. Lincoln City-Coos Bay(lunch)-Brookings for day two. Rest stops planned every 60-90 minutes or so except for the run to Kalama. Flexible on the rests, especially day two since there will likely be more sight seeing. Similar idea upon leaving Brookings on Sunday with the plan to be home in Tacoma Monday. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to. I know it is inevitable that we will get stuck at some point with RV/tourist traffic, but I think it beats the hell out of just humming down I-5 to a point further south for quicker jump out to the coast. driving.gif

Thoughts? idea.gif
piscean914
thanks jim - i wish i had time to extend the trip, but i only have 7/21-23 - it's going to be a bit of a slog at times, no matter which way down and back - for me I5S only starts to get bearable south of eugene - hope to see a bunch of WA 914's at the event - also, i had the 914 at last sat's PCA/PNWR run - best one so far this year - hope to see you soon
sportlicherFahrer
We would try to do it all in one day each direction, but my back would likely render me useless the rest of the trip after the drive down.

Glad to hear it was a good tour! I will be going on the second run of it on July 10th. Hopefully I can have the 2.0 driving again and use it as a mild shakedown before the trip to Oregon.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 6 2022, 12:30 PM) *

Woodinville, WA 98072

Will be leaving Griot's Garage in Tacoma at 10:30. Planning to make it up to The Cut Shop at 11:30 to meet up with anyone else interested from areas north of Tacoma that prefer to not drive too far south. Will then head out from The Cut Shop at ~11:50 for the quick hop over to the brewery.
Jett
FYI on 6/25 BAT is having an alumni event at the Shop in Seattle, my 911 is registered and they sent instructions denoting that several street are being shutdown to handle all of the cars. Should be a wide variety of cars!
rhodyguy
What and where is 'the Garage'?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 24 2022, 07:59 AM) *

Pretty sure it's in the SODO area on 6th I think?
rhodyguy
Revive I-5 all weekend. Weather delay make up. Roads will be impossible. Pass.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 24 2022, 09:14 AM) *

The Shop is on 6th. The Garage is a different business. Looks like a burger joint? confused24.gif BAT's website says the event is at The Shop.
Jett
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 24 2022, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 24 2022, 09:14 AM) *

The Shop is on 6th. The Garage is a different business. Looks like a burger joint? confused24.gif BAT's website says the event is at The Shop.

Lol you are correct… the Shop smile.gif

The BaT Alumni Gathering at The Shop - Seattle is coming up quickly on this Saturday, June 25, 2022 from 9:00am to 12:00pm and we can't wait to see you! Also, look at the weather that is arriving for us. We're looking at a perfect sunny day.

The Shop’s address is: 2233 6th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134
PanelBilly
I’m planning to bring a few parts down to WCR in my Flex like a front valance and lower dash cover. Stuff I’ll never use. Maybe to sell but if not, hoping they will find a new home. If you have anything you’d like me to bring let’s get together.
sportlicherFahrer
Will be hanging out at Pacific Raceways for the NW Historics today, tomorrow, and probably Sunday with the PNWR group in the car corral. Anybody else going? Today and tomorrow looks like great track weather.
PanelBilly
I’ll have a booth for the PCA on Saturday. One by a take a load off
messix
What I've been up to latelyClick to view attachment
Bleyseng
My newish ride-87 Vanagon Westy Syncro
914werke
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 16 2022, 09:41 PM) *
What I've been up to lately

You know your supposed to keep it on "four" wheels poke.gif
messix
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 17 2022, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jul 16 2022, 09:41 PM) *
What I've been up to lately

You know you supposed to keep it on "four" wheels poke.gif

your not having fun until things go sideways
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 17 2022, 08:49 AM) *

My newish ride-87 Vanagon Westy Syncro

sweat ride
piscean914
here's my lunch stop for tomorrow en route to brookings - https://locations.in-n-out.com/351 - didn't know there was one this far north!
sportlicherFahrer
This is a Porsche only event at the facility just to the north of Griot's Garage, so it won't get filled in with non-Porsche cars like their caffeine and gasoline mornings. Blurb from the FB event page:

"Car Show in Tacoma!
Our meet last month at Black Raven was epic! Let’s do it again, at Griot Motors!
Philip, Kiri & team are opening their facility for a Porsche themed meet. You’ll get the chance to see their restoration facility & the private collection storage! They will also be providing lunch!
Group6ix will be doing t-shirts again!
We may have other surprises, stay tuned.
Location;
Griot Motors (just down the hill from the retail flagship location you’re familiar with).
10:00 - 2:00
Plenty of parking.
Weather should be perfect!
Bring the family. Bring the dog.
Bring your Porsche!
We’ll see you there!"

IPB Image
sportlicherFahrer
For anyone looking to buy/sell parts for your 914's or other Pcars, the John Walker swap is this Saturday at 8:30am. No longer up near Green Lake. Now being held at The Shop in SoDo.

JW Swap CL ad
piscean914
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 1 2022, 01:41 PM) *

For anyone looking to buy/sell parts for your 914's or other Pcars, the John Walker swap is this Saturday at 8:30am. No longer up near Green Lake. Now being held at The Shop in SoDo.

JW Swap CL ad

thanks for posting this - i was just on the phone with walker - he's getting his parts together as we spoke - hope to see you guys there!
PanelBilly
I’m going to miss this one again! Don’t have anything to sell but it’s always fun to hang out
sportlicherFahrer
PNWR Picnic this Sunday in Carnation at Tolt-MacDonald Park noon to 4pm.

Register here if in PNWR

Tolt-MacDonald Park
31020 NE 40th St.
Carnation, WA 98014

From the PNWR event page:

It's time for our annual picnic at Tolt-MacDonald Park in Carnation

Like previous years, we'll be having a Show 'n Shine as part of this event. Please register so that we have a headcount to know how many plates, pop, etc. to provide, and also indicate the type of food you'll bring to share.

Be sure to bring:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, or whatever you'd like to grill for you & your guests
An appetizer, salad, side dish, or dessert to share with everyone
Picnic blanket and chairs for seating on the grass

The club will provide:

Soda & water
Basic Condiments
Paper Plates, Napkins & Utensils

Don't Forget to polish up your Porsche, as Dennis Rood will be overseeing our Show & Shine tradition. Awards will be given for general presentation, condition, uniqueness and preparation. No opening of doors or storage areas for judging.
sportlicherFahrer
There is also a 50th Anniversary of the RS party at Porsche Bellingham coming up. They are requesting folks to RSVP to get a headcount for food vendors and to give out vouchers for said vendors. Non-RSVP attendees won't get free food. RSVP can be done via Motorsportreg.com. Free to make an account if you don't already have one.

RSVP link
sportlicherFahrer
Finally got the '73 running again! Broke the cam in Wednesday, and hopefully putting some miles on it this weekend. Looking forward to enjoying some of the other things I've done with the car over the couple years it took to get it put back together.

Anybody going to the party in Bham next weekend?
rjames
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 26 2022, 09:22 AM) *

Finally got the '73 running again! Broke the cam in Wednesday, and hopefully putting some miles on it this weekend. Looking forward to enjoying some of the other things I've done with the car over the couple years it took to get it put back together.

Anybody going to the party in Bham next weekend?

I'm contemplating going, although I'm always shy about showing up to a full-on Porsche event in my driver quality 914. unsure.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Bring it! You'll probably have a small crowd interested in talking to you about it. Still more interesting than the run-of-the-mill base 911 or Boxster that shows up.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 19 2022, 05:05 PM) *

There is also a 50th Anniversary of the RS party at Porsche Bellingham coming up. They are requesting folks to RSVP to get a headcount for food vendors and to give out vouchers for said vendors. Non-RSVP attendees won't get free food. RSVP can be done via Motorsportreg.com. Free to make an account if you don't already have one.

RSVP link

@sportlicherFahrer

Signed up with MotorsportReg and the event looks like it only takes show entries. Don't really want to sit around for a full event, just pop in, walk, talk and move along.

I won't RSVP, but will plan on bringing the 914 over. I emailed Janet at RJ Porsche to see if that's okay.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 26 2022, 01:46 PM) *

Signed up with MotorsportReg and the event looks like it only takes show entries. Don't really want to sit around for a full event, just pop in, walk, talk and move along.

I won't RSVP, but will plan on bringing the 914 over. I emailed Janet at RJ Porsche to see if that's okay.

@Root_Werks Cool! Looking forward to checking out your new -6. aktion035.gif
scallyk9
I'm signed up. Not sure which 914 I'll bring yet but if it is the '74 3.2L conversion, Roger Jobs has an almost identical Light Ivory '74 3.2L conversion except for his five lug Fuchs have body-color painted petals.
PanelBilly
I've working with them the last few weeks to get this organized. They plan to only have 200 people there and treat them very well. The whole RS is a program the dealers have been asked to do as part of the overall marketing plan I wouldn't just stop in without contacting Janet for permission.

Julie and I will be there with the 968
Root_Werks
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 26 2022, 09:47 PM) *

I've working with them the last few weeks to get this organized. They plan to only have 200 people there and treat them very well. The whole RS is a program the dealers have been asked to do as part of the overall marketing plan I wouldn't just stop in without contacting Janet for permission.

Julie and I will be there with the 968

Spoke with Janet and Bill is correct. Space for attendees is for RSVP's only. That window closed so we'll miss out on this one.
sportlicherFahrer
All Porsche Grand Display in Kirkland is coming up this next weekend. They are still looking for a few more cars to enter. I'll be there in the '75. Grouping cars by color this year, so it will be interesting to see what other orange cars will be there.

Info Link

IPB Image
PanelBilly
I’m not registered for The Grand Display yet because I’ll likely be working. If I can get done in time I’ll be there. I think I know somebody who will let me in at the last minute.
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif

Anybody else thinking of going on Sunday? Should be great weather for a nice end-of-season show.

Another one coming up the following weekend that some of you may be interested in. September 18th from 9am-2pm is the NW VW Club Fall Fling at the XXX Drive In. Might cruise my wife's Fastback to that and throw a FS sign in it.
scallyk9
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 8 2022, 08:45 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Anybody else thinking of going on Sunday? Should be great weather for a nice end-of-season show.

Another one coming up the following weekend that some of you may be interested in. September 18th from 9am-2pm is the NW VW Club Fall Fling at the XXX Drive In. Might cruise my wife's Fastback to that and throw a FS sign in it.

I've got the Bumblebee registered for the APGD on Sunday. Maybe we could meet and caravan north? Since grouping will be by color, we'll have different staging times.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Sep 8 2022, 10:01 AM) *

I've got the Bumblebee registered for the APGD on Sunday. Maybe we could meet and caravan north? Since grouping will be by color, we'll have different staging times.

There go my chances at best 914! laugh.gif

I'm in for meeting to caravan north. I have no data on our respective staging times, so hard to say when we'd need to leave the Tacoma area to head north. It's early enough that Griot's will probably be locked up still. I'd say swing by my place, but the alley will put a fresh coat of dust on the BB, and the chip seal garbage on the street isn't very nice either. Any ideas for a meetup spot?
scallyk9
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 8 2022, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Sep 8 2022, 10:01 AM) *

There go my chances at best 914! laugh.gif

I'm in for meeting to caravan north. I have no data on our respective staging times, so hard to say when we'd need to leave the Tacoma area to head north. It's early enough that Griot's will probably be locked up still. I'd say swing by my place, but the alley will put a fresh coat of dust on the BB, and the chip seal garbage on the street isn't very nice either. Any ideas for a meetup spot?

Haha! You are still very much in the running. I expect we'll be in "1980 and older" or some such class. As of this moment I'm still re-installing the interior after body shop work including carpet and hoping I make their it this time. I missed last year because my right rear taillamps were wonky and gave up trying to figure it out at 2 AM Sunday morning. The body shop had mis-wired the right front sidelight.

It looks like 102 Porsches were entered by the deadline last evening. We'll get our staging time assignments later today and we'll be at different times because Dennis is grouping cars by color. I'll message you after the times are emailed to us.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.