Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
914werke
@moldygreg Just to clarify Greg, 7" cookies for the 944?
KELTY360
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ May 16 2023, 02:23 PM) *

I'm in town. Anything happening tonight?

Not going to be able to meet up, but I can give a shout out to a Fullerton guy. I grew up in Fullerton from '59-'76, near the corner of Raymond and Chapman. We had an orange grove in our backyard back then. Got my first 914 in Buena Park.
914werke
Just drove by the site of the NEW Porsche dealership a stones throw from one of my old haunts THE Cycle barn, which was torn down just a couple weeks ago.
It looks pretty modern.
moldygreg
QUOTE(914werke @ May 17 2023, 10:30 AM) *

@moldygreg Just to clarify Greg, 7" cookies for the 944?

Hey Rich! @914werke

Correct 15x7

Looking to run a 205/70 r15 touch taller for clearance on rally x
sportlicherFahrer
Porsche themed Caffeine and Gasoline at Griot's Garage in Tacoma this Saturday from 8-10am. Lot fills pretty quick with a wide variety of other makes, so early birds get the worm for parking. Coffee and donuts provided, and live limited edition T-shirt printing by Group6ix.

For those interested, there's also a smaller Tacoma Cars and Coffee at Titlow Park from 10-11am that can have a pretty interesting mix of cars as well. Usually more enthusiast-based than the typical Pcar crowd. Cars gather in the larger lot closer to the playground.

Griot's Garage
3333 S 38th St
Tacoma, WA 98409

Titlow Park
8425 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA 98465

One of Group6ix's past designs:
IPB Image
sportlicherFahrer
More events coming up. Cruise-in at LeMay in Tacoma on Thursday from 5-7:30. Thursday also happens to be the 75th anniversary of the first Porsche car to be approved in Germany if you're looking for a good excuse to get your cars out. That leads to events this Saturday. All three of the major dealerships in the Puget Sound area will have 75th anniversary celebrations. Porsche Tacoma & Porsche Bellingham will hold theirs from 11am-3pm, and Porsche Bellevue will have theirs in the evening from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Bellingham is anticipating a larger crowd and will start parking and setup at 8:30am. All three dealers are having some form of catering/food trucks.

IPB Image

IPB Image
PanelBilly
Wish I wasn’t going to miss the events but I’m having fun on the other side of the world. The P cars go faster over here
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 6 2023, 09:18 AM) *

Wish I wasn’t going to miss the events but I’m having fun on the other side of the world. The P cars go faster over here

Only seems like it because they're reading in KPH biggrin.gif beer.gif
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif

Big PNWR meet coming up on July 2nd. Had over 100 cars show up last year. It was a blast! Hope to see some of you north end guys there.

IPB Image
PanelBilly
I’ll be at the Historic’s on Saturday July 1st. Stop by the PCA booth and say hello.
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif poke.gif bootyshake.gif

Sunday, anyone? Great day to see some beautiful Pcars and a silver 914 with a questionable paintjob. rolleyes.gif beer3.gif
PanelBilly
I’ll be there on Sunday. I need to drive the Ford because I’m bringing so much stuff. Julie is driving the 968
PanelBilly
I signed up for the GoodGuys show at the end of the month. I always enjoy walking around looking at the cars and now I'll have three days of it. Griot's is sponsoring a VW corral and I'll be there. Also Sunday the 23rd is the German car show in Renton as part of the Renton River Days..

Best of all is Cars & Coffee this Sunday at the Bellevue Porsche. They bring in great food trucks and everything is free!
914werke
The return of Walkers swap meet!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/d/se...7650813025.html

Apparently the old ways are the best ways. smile.gif
Its been a while, & I confess Ive be guilty of being too absent at many a PNW gathering. Im gonna try to make this one.
If nothing more than to tip a cup in remembrance of Nord. beer3.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 10 2023, 02:32 PM) *

Its been a while, & I confess Ive be guilty of being too absent at many a PNW gathering. Im gonna try to make this one.

beerchug.gif I remember walking to breakfast at Eggs Etc. after Walker's, shortly before we lost Nord. Good time.

Small town on Marrowstone Island not far from my home.

Click to view attachment

Oops, sorry, couldn't rotate.
worn
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 10 2023, 03:32 PM) *

I plan to drive my red car to RRC2023 from Madison and then drive to North Bend WA to leave the car on newly acquired property. Apparently in King county, I have to show worthiness to build a garage, so it may be in a tent for the winter. Then I can fly and drive, avoiding the long slog through the Dakotas and Montana. Not that they aren’t great scenery.
So: I will be a part time teener out there. I miss Ivar’s so much.
rhodyguy
Welcome to WA! North Bend proper or in King County? Unless you’re going to sleep in the tent, I’d look around for indoor storage for at least the winter.
sportlicherFahrer

Good to see it going back to the original spot. Having it at The Shop was a little odd. I'll be missing it this year. Spending that weekend up in Canada.
Root_Werks
idea.gif

Ferry's all booked out, I'll see if I can get the 914 off the rock for a day somehow. Be fun to look at a bunch of parts I don't need.
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 10 2023, 06:22 PM) *

Welcome to WA! North Bend proper or in King County? Unless you’re going to sleep in the tent, I’d look around for indoor storage for at least the winter.

Just a couple of feet past NB. By the new bike trails. Challenge will apparently be to keep the mice and blackberries at bay. Plan on some sort of ritual to allow King county to grant building permission. I may sacrifice a Rochester carburetor or something. Not too sure. Bought the land, and have a contractor. Also, spent my first 30 years in the PNW.
rjames

Thanks for posting this. I’ll try and be there- prob around 9-10am.
I’ve scored some good parts there in the past. Always fun to see other 914s there.
PanelBilly
should we plan a breakfast on the morning of the Walker sale?
I've just been advised I'm losing my Seattle parking space on September 4 so I will need to find a new home for my 1970 914. I don't know what the price should be... open to suggestions. The previous owner built the engine as a 2.4/4 but we're not sure he used the right camshaft, and there were some other problems you can read about in the linked download.

It does have a Dr. Evil transmission and a Tangerine Racing linkage.

Body and paint are fair/rough. It is a yellow car painted black. Rich of 914werke discovered someone had used spray filler in the wheel well under the battery box. We are unsure of the condition of the metal under that. We did find the trunk floor had rusted through at the taillights.

Here is a download link with all the unflattering pictures and other records from the time I acquired it in 2017. Note that some of the problems shown in the photos have been solved, and there are also problems not shown in the photos.
UPDATED 8/21//2023
This is a more reasonable download size with a few photos added:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0y30h780uix9ybz/...u_4KUtdFba?dl=0

IPB Image
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 16 2023, 12:43 PM) *
should we plan a breakfast on the morning of the Walker sale?

I think that's a great idea aktion035.gif
But selfishly I suggest we gather after (thought I'd try to bring some parts)
Mike it'd be good to see you it's been a while. Sorry to hear you're
Loosing your space. If you can swing it bring the car tomorrow
It might help to get some exposure.

R.

914werke
icon_bump.gif
PanelBilly
I hate to say it but traffics is going to suck. I’d need to drive back south to pick up my wife and two grandkids and then head north for a picnic I’m out
rhodyguy
With the 405 closure (major hassle affecting all roads) and fires to the east, good W.E. to stay home.
rjames
Looks like I’m the only 914 here. bootyshake.gif dry.gif
UPDATED 8/21//2023
In case anyone is curious about a Seattle 914 for sale, this is a more reasonable download size with a few photos added:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0y30h780uix9ybz/...u_4KUtdFba?dl=0

One reader suggested $10K.

Maybe it is better if I bring it to one of the local events so you can evaluate it?
PanelBilly
Sunday is the Grand Porsche Display at Carillon Point. I'll be there with the 914 and 968.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 7 2023, 04:08 PM) *

Sunday is the Grand Porsche Display at Carillon Point. I'll be there with the 914 and 968.

Unfortunately, I will be working Sunday.

9/14 is creeping up on us again. Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere around Tukwila/Kent/Renton next Thursday at 6 for dinner? Was thinking BJ's Restaurant or Berliner Pub, but open to other suggestions.
rjames
The classic car show in Edmonds is also happening this Sunday. I think this is the 4th one I've brought my car to. My car is far from show worthy, but until another 914 shows up, I'll keep entering my car. biggrin.gif

scallyk9
Hope to see you there! Five 914s are entered and only one, formerly Alan Caldwell's pristine yellow '73 still has its original four cylinder motor in it.
914werke
who owns Alan's car now?
scallyk9
Leeds Gulick. Active PNWR member so it kind of stays in the family.
sixnotfour
No PICS ? PNW website 14 pics not one 914... cool.gif
PanelBilly
Plenty of photos on the pnwr Facebook page. We say you need to be a pca member to join the page but they let everyone in.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 12 2023, 04:32 PM) *

Plenty of photos on the pnwr Facebook page. We say you need to be a pca member to join the page but they let everyone in.

link ? cant find em
PanelBilly
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pnwrpca
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 8 2023, 06:38 AM) *

9/14 is creeping up on us again. Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere around Tukwila/Kent/Renton next Thursday at 6 for dinner? Was thinking BJ's Restaurant or Berliner Pub, but open to other suggestions.

Any takers? @sixnotfour I know it's a nice short driving.gif for you, Jeff. laugh.gif
TC 914-8
Greetings PNW Teeners, it’s has been a while since the last get together, Billy’s Oktoberfest. Keep me posted on any future events (can’t make it Sunday), I need to get some miles on my car, new upgrade to MSD TBI. Fall colors on the Peninsula are coming up soon. driving.gif beerchug.gif Click to view attachment
CHIZ 914
piratenanner.gif
EvilOlderBrother
Two more from the Kirkland event. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 13 2023, 06:09 AM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 8 2023, 06:38 AM) *

Any takers? @sixnotfour I know it's a nice short driving.gif for you, Jeff. laugh.gif

I was up there went to warrens House to check out his 914, but had to spend the weekend in Kingston at my Moms...

Thanks to those who posted some pics.....
Eddie914
Sorry I was not able to attend. I was busy applying zip ties and racer tape to the TrackRod. Cheers Eddie
Eddie914
Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Wish I could get the 914 off the island to some of these events!

driving.gif
rjames
Just saw that the XXX in Issaquah closed. I'll miss the car events there. sad.gif

XXX Rootbeer Drive-In Closes After Decades in Issaquah
KELTY360
Hey guys, I’m toying with the idea of staging a small, low key weekend gathering of 914s around Pt Townsend later this year. Thinking 10-15 cars for drives, parking lot talk, and bbq or something like it. There are some fun roads up here and we haven’t got together for quite awhile. Right now I’m looking for feedback of who might be interested. Very preliminary.
jhynesrockmtn
Depending on the timing, there is a group of 914 owners in Spokane that could make it over. My daughter lives in Seattle so combining trips works out great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.