Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
914werke
I need some help rousting Troy @messix from his loooong 914 slumber biggrin.gif
914werke
Just an Idea but, it sounds like one of the PNW crew needs some collective brain trust help.
Robert @rjames sounds like he is teetering on the brink. laugh.gif
Perhaps for a N. end meet we could descend on his garage to help him sort his D-Jet issues.
I can bring the JANBO Analyzer? Ive yet to get to try it. shades.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Not too bad. There is a lot behind the bar that is actually for the Safeway that is close.
Contrary to many Tacoma lots, this one has relatively shallow approach angles, too! I park there almost every time I go there and have yet to get any grief from Safeway.

IPB Image
sportlicherFahrer
That would be pretty cool to do Rich. Might be a weekend type thing. August might work well for me. My last two weekends this month are booked with tours/drives. Between the two of us, we have enough Djet parts to systematically locate the issue if its not wiring or some other anomaly.
PanelBilly
Are we starting this tomorrow?
sportlicherFahrer
If the weather holds up, I'll be there. Not expecting anyone to jump on this with a day's worth of planning. beer3.gif

Side note: They do have a few high octane(have seen up to 16ish%) beers on tap. Most everything is available in 10oz pours, which I prefer if I'll be driving soon after. They have the normal size pours as well. LARGE cooler with bottles/cans available, too.
rjames
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 15 2019, 07:52 PM) *

Just an Idea but, it sounds like one of the PNW crew needs some collective brain trust help.
Perhaps for a N. end meet we could descend on his garage to help him sort his D-Jet issues.

Super nice of you Rich pray.gif and I’m definitely willing to humbly except help (in trade for food/drink and repeated verbal thanks throughout the day).
This coming weekend is out for me, but maybe the following Saturday the 27th? I will double check schedule and throw it out there if it works.

I’m really suspecting an MPS that needs adjusting at this point. The car ran ok with the old one before it stopped holding vacuum. The replacement I bought meets factory specs, but everything I read says that they need to be tuned to the specific engine. It’s never been cracked open before. Tempted to just buy a rebuild kit for my old MPS in hopes of repairing it without changing any of its settings to see if that solves the issues, but also hesitatant to drop more money into the car- especially since I was just laid off of work . :-P
PanelBilly
Had a great time last night with James and Valerie. Julie and I ended up splitting a bottle of vine instead of beer. What’s up next? Are we headed north?
Tbrown4x4
Hi Guys. Glad to see this thread going again.

Since I have to be in Tukwila every night about 10 PM, I should be able to make a get together almost anywhere.

Just got the Daughter married off and the last of the relatives have gone home. Back to work last night. Uggh!
914werke
Just a reminder for those in the area, this Sat is the annual Vintage VW & swap meet at Shoreline Community college aktion035.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Had a great time as well Billy. Perhaps Torero's at The Landing in Renton? It's a little further North from Tacoma. biggrin.gif

Glad you're able to make it back in the mix Tbrown!
sixnotfour
Vintage VW & swap meet at Shoreline Community college

bought a pair of 906 -917 marker lighs there,,,, first.gif
PanelBilly
For those of you who aren’t PCA members, you need to know about the Carillon Point show that the local club holds. It’s being held the Saturday before the 914 Turnout (9/8) and they are hoping the 914s will be represented. There’s limited spaces so early registration is important. Let me know if your interested and I’ll help with the registration process.
scallyk9
I've done the "PNWR All Porsche Grand Display" for the last three years now and it is well worth attending. Over 100 Porsches of all types and ages plus vendors, music, and other attractions at Carillon Point in Kirkland. I haven't heard anything about PNWR wanting more 914s yet but It would be very nice to see more 914s there on this our 50th anniversary year. Maybe someone could drive one of mine. Thanks for promoting this event, Billy.
sportlicherFahrer
Anyone up for tomorrow? What's the plan?
PanelBilly
Alright. I’m game.
sportlicherFahrer
Where to Billy? If North of Tacoma I'll be flying solo. Basically drive my car to work and not go south until after meeting up. No sense going south twice!
rjames
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 15 2019, 07:52 PM) *

I’ll serve beers and burgers to any person or persons that want to help me solve the issues with my car this Saturday.
I’m in Shoreline (~12 miles north of downtown Seattle).
I have a severe irrational aversion to asking for help, but I’m running out of things to try. If this Saturday doesn’t work for anyone and there aren’t any takers, I’ll throw another date out there in a few days.

Thanks in advance for the consideration!
sportlicherFahrer
I'd really like to lend a hand, but it'd have to be more towards the second weekend in August. Very slight chance I could swing by on the way back from Bellingham on the 4th also.
sportlicherFahrer
Meeting at Half Lion Public House in Kent today at 3. I will likely be there for a while until traffic dies down, or get bored and figure out an impromptu drive/cruise. Anyone else?
rhodyguy
You'll be at the bar until 6. Minimum. 167 is relentless then you get to impossible I-5. Don't drink too much. Have fun.
sportlicherFahrer
Or out driving in the hills to the east. driving.gif Don't do much drinking anymore. Kansas is probably the one to thank for that.
messix
The degenerate that I've been helping by pointing out and correcting all the dumb huh.gif ass shit he does just pointed out that I don't post on here any more.....
sportlicherFahrer
blink.gif welcome back! beerchug.gif
messix
I'm not back. That is a dirty rumor
sportlicherFahrer
Timestamp says otherwise!

Driving past this place this weekend. Think it's my first time back there in a 914 since that day. Good times!

IPB Image
PanelBilly
Come by the German car show at Renton River days today and visit with me. 10-2
Tbrown4x4
Anything planned for this coming Tuesday?
sportlicherFahrer
I've been up in the mountains playing all weekend and haven't had a chance to think of a spot, but I'm game if we figure something out.
PanelBilly
won a $25 gas card and a coffee cup at the Renton shop. Only 914 there, but it attracted more attention than any other car
sportlicherFahrer
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Back in civilization again. Didn't drive her into work, so up for something closer to Tacoma or maybe across the bridge. Tides Tavern perhaps?
messix
Saturday is the Walker swapmeet right? Well we really need to get together for breakfast before in honor of our beloved late Nord.
sportlicherFahrer
What time are you thinking? I need to be up in Bellingham by 10:30 on Saturday. Might be able to swing breakfast.
PanelBilly
I’m racing driving up to Bellingham with my neighbor who has a Cayman. We leaving early and taking a longer route.
messix
What ever works for the greater good.
DickSteinkamp
What and where is the "Walker Swap Meet"?

If anyone is going to be in B'ham Saturday, I'd love to meet a few other teeners.

sportlicherFahrer
Walker Swap Meet

Will be in Bellingham Saturday for the PCA-PNWR 60th Anniversary party at the Porsche dealer. Event starts at 11am. Billy and I will be there in ours, and I'm sure a few others will show up as well.

60th Anniversary party
DickSteinkamp
Looks like registration is closed for the Porsche Bellingham PNWR 60th Anniversary Party.
sad.gif . Maybe I can park on the street?
sportlicherFahrer
Yes, you can park elsewhere. That is just for space on the lot. I've heard that they lose track of who's registered and who's not. So if you arrive early you might be able to snag at least a close spot.
rhodyguy
Crashing the one at Whistler was a hoot. The drive up was really great.
PanelBilly
I heard the dealer was making up goody bags and that’s what the limited number was about. Just don’t expect a present and come for the fun
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Jul 30 2019, 06:31 PM) *

Looks like registration is closed for the Porsche Bellingham PNWR 60th Anniversary Party.
sad.gif . Maybe I can park on the street?

Turns out I know somebody who knows somebody so I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting a couple other teeners.
sportlicherFahrer
aktion035.gif
914werke
Soooo, no one for breakfast in Phinny? sad.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I'm probably out.
rhodyguy
Nope.
PanelBilly
How about breakfast Sunday morning? Mitzels in Kent
rhodyguy
Nope.
sportlicherFahrer
I'm out this weekend. Lot's to catch up on around the house.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.