Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
rjames
I emailed my reps as well.

Related note- I wish they’d allow vanity collectors plates.. Last I checked it wasn’t possible. Doing so would bring in additional revenue.

I’d also be ok with increasing the requisite age for collectors plates to be 35 or even 40 years old. Anytime I see a mid 80’s car will collectors plates it seems kind of silly. But I’m probably in the minority there.
pete-stevers
Hey guys... I am planning a get together for some Vancouver Bc folks on a Sat Or Sun in March... Americans are welcome too beer.gif
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Feb 16 2020, 01:44 PM) *

Hey guys... I am planning a get together for some Vancouver Bc folks on a Sat Or Sun in March... Americans are welcome too beer.gif

Thanks for the invitation!

I'm in Bellingham and would love to meet up with some BC teeners. Which weekend are you targeting for?
PanelBilly
I don’t think they’ll let me get back in the states if I leave.
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 17 2020, 03:25 PM) *
I don’t think they’ll let me get back in the states if I leave.
BTW did you ever hear back from your state rep's? I didnt.
Oh & still curious about those video interviews?
PanelBilly
Nothing from the reps and I checked the box indicating that I wanted a reply. I’m working on the editing myself. Working with videos is more work that I knew. Thankfully the program has tutorials
rhodyguy
Just pleased I don't live in the ST3 area. The valuation system DOL uses is fucked up too. Wait til they figure out what a 914 is worth these days. Or a 67' T-1. The condition of the car is not in their wheelhouse.
sportlicherFahrer
How are you not in the ST3 zone Kevin? My parents live clear out off 200th near Gem Heights and are still in the zone. Please bestow your magic upon me! $300 to register a Golf is straight up THEFT. screwy.gif

On a separate note, mind if I borrow your address for official purposes? biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
They live in Puyallup. I live in Pierce county. They have the Sounder at their convenience. Tabbing the cruiser was around $110. A month's worth of coffee for some people.
sportlicherFahrer
Their address is PC as well. Odd. Hijack over! piratenanner.gif Back to your regularly scheduled program. beer.gif sheeplove.gif stirthepot.gif
Root_Werks
PNW's,

After almost 10 years without a 914, I bought one!

I couldn't locate one of my old ones, so had to venture out to source a new to me 914.

It's a 1975 194-6 with 2.7.

I'll pick it up in mid March.

I'm back!
rhodyguy
Super Dan. Local car? Where are you located these days?
914werke
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 18 2020, 09:05 AM) *
PNW's,

After almost 10 years without a 914, I bought one!
I couldn't locate one of my old ones, so had to venture out to source a new to me 914.
It's a 1975 914-6 with 2.7. I'll pick it up in mid March. I'm back!

Click to view attachment

smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
We moved to San Juan Island. It was supposed to be our retirement property, but we decided to just make the move early.

My daily driver is a 66' Bug.

914-6 is in CA and I'm super excited to pick it up! The next month will be painfully waiting to collect my new toy, but just don't have the time to do it any earlier.
pete-stevers
Sweet!! piratenanner.gif
I am glad you found one!
sportlicherFahrer
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif welcome.png laugh.gif

And

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
PanelBilly
Is this the tease to a good story?
Root_Werks
Picking up the 914 is still a month away.

Here's a pic:

sportlicherFahrer
Right on Dan. Congrats, and welcome back!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 18 2020, 10:47 AM) *

Is this the tease to a good story?

Nah, there's not much to tell. We've been consumed by the House build which is looking to be in it's final year. After looking things over, there's enough for me to pick up a toy. It didn't take me long to start looking at 914's. I really wanted a converted six so I wouldn't be afraid to put miles on it.

Can't wait to hear the flat six behind my head again. driving.gif
Root_Werks
Here's a picture of the house. The living space is only 1,000SQFT, but it's just Michelle and I so plenty of room. The living space is a 2nd floor on the back side of the hangar.

We're still living in our little trailer while we continue to work on the living space. We're doing it all ourselves = slow, but saves huge bucks.

KELTY360
Now that’s a garage door!!!

Glad you’re back in the fold. Hi to Michelle.
Bleyseng
Wow,good to hear you are back Dan!
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 18 2020, 09:17 AM) *

We moved to San Juan Island. It was supposed to be our retirement property, but we decided to just make the move early.

914-6 is in CA and I'm super excited to pick it up! The next month will be painfully waiting to collect my new toy, but just don't have the time to do it any earlier.

and do you think you will leave a bread crumb trail of oil like the last time you got one in Ca? lol-2.gif poke.gif stirthepot.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 21 2020, 10:14 PM) *

and do you think you will leave a bread crumb trail of oil like the last time you got one in Ca? lol-2.gif poke.gif stirthepot.gif

wasnt that a type4sale ?

oh look, I found the journey lol-2.gif popcorn[1].gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...31304&st=40
PanelBilly
There's some discussion going on behind the curtain about a tour from the north for those attending WCR this year. So far, I only see myself and maybe Rich coming from Washington. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going. Personally, I was thinking it would be a great adventure, but Julie said she didn't want to spend 10 days in my car.

Not to take away from the SoCal gathering, but for those that can't attend, I will be doing another 914Turnout in September. The dates are 9/18-19. Still working on details, but I think I have a great speaker and an interesting tech session in the works.
Tbrown4x4
Been thinking about it. The car can do it, but I'm not sure I can arrange the time off, family details, etc.

Attending another 914Turnout is a given. Had a great time last year.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 25 2020, 04:32 PM) *

There's some discussion going on behind the curtain about a tour from the north for those attending WCR this year. So far, I only see myself and maybe Rich coming from Washington. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going. Personally, I was thinking it would be a great adventure, but Julie said she didn't want to spend 10 days in my car.

I could be interested. Deb would have no part of that, however. Maybe a riding mechanic?

Also the Werks Reunion Monterey is August 14. About the same drive, but a one day event.

914werke
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 18 2020, 10:52 AM) *
Picking up the 914 is still a month away. Here's a pic:

I see a bumper-ectomy in your future biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
A local 914 summer event would be best held east of the Cascades. Quincy area is central and the secondary roads are pretty much wide open. Like Skate Creek Rd in Thurston county with even less traffic.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 22 2020, 04:43 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Feb 21 2020, 10:14 PM) *

wasnt that a type4sale ?

oh look, I found the journey lol-2.gif popcorn[1].gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...31304&st=40

15 years, wow that was a while ago. That was a fun road trip.

I don't have time to dig into a project so this 914-6 will remain for many years. Just too much else to do.

I'll drive the tires off it, but that's about it. driving.gif

Looking forward to getting together with the local 914 crowd again.
pete-stevers
Can't wait to see it in person Dan....
I am hoping to get one of my 914s running for next spring... happy11.gif driving.gif
I hope to sell my 1959 Single Cab to fund a few projects first.. I hope to have it on the chopping block in a few weeks.... We will see
PanelBilly
This weekend is the swap meet at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. I always find something I didn't know I needed.
jcambo7
Anyone in or near pierce county have one of these I can borrow? Or if your north of Seatac Or Kent area I wouldn’t mind paying for shipping it to me and back to borrow it.

Text me at four 0 five two 0 eight 3915
914werke
Wow! this thread has fallen WAY down there.
All you PNW peeps its Summer... time to represent!
Hey Troy poke.gif @messix
sportlicherFahrer
Representing the true nature of 914world. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
sportlicherFahrer
Not stock. aktion035.gif

IPB Image
KELTY360
Need to grunge up that floor a bit. Oil spots on cardboard don’t count. bye1.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Aircraft technician is too ingrained in me at this point. Can't help but to contain leaks if possible. beer.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jul 14 2020, 04:08 PM) *

Aircraft technician is too ingrained in me at this point. Can't help but to contain leaks if possible. beer.gif

I misunderstood Jim; your post said you were representing the true nature of 914World. happy11.gif Looking good!
sportlicherFahrer
lol-2.gif Got me there Marc. And thanks. Probably won't run again until spring. More goodies to purchase. shades.gif
CHIZ 914
Was hoping to do something up north soon!
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jul 14 2020, 04:55 PM) *

Representing the true nature of 914world. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

What kind of muffler is that?
rhodyguy
Triad.

What's in the plastic wrap?
sportlicherFahrer
Triad West muffler from Dave down in Lacey. Top notch quality and sound on the -4's.

Kevin: Rebuilt bottom end with a Web 86a and lightweight forged rods.
Root_Werks
We put some miles on our 914 the other weekend. Be fun to get a few local teeners together for a drive maybe?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 15 2020, 07:49 AM) *

We put some miles on our 914 the other weekend. Be fun to get a few local teeners together for a drive maybe?

Yes! How about Saturday morning?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 15 2020, 09:18 AM) *

Would have to be late morning or early afternoon. Taking the Ferry over, dump run, then pick up supplies etc. Eats up the morning pretty quick.

scallyk9
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 15 2020, 09:18 AM) *

I'd love to participate with the LE and get in some engine break-in miles. I think I know a few others.
PanelBilly
Maybe Sunday morning. Less traffic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.